PDA

View Full Version : Joe Paterno dies at 85

Logandyer45
25-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Saturday, family members andofficialsannouncedLegendaryCollege football coach Joe Paterno died.
He died of Lung Cancer. He was 85. Joe Paterno was in the Jerry Sandusky sexscandaland wad fired from Penn State football coaching job last year. He was then hospitalized with cancer. He was treated then suffered a broken pelvis in early 2012. He has been in the hospital since Saturday and now is dead. Penn State has been mourning this death. ESPN said that cops were blocking the street to his house and re-directing traffic around it. Penn State security has been turning back mourners since the visiting hours ended lateWednesday after thousands of students,alumni, andfacilitycrowded around his closed casket to pay their respects. Joe was the oldest College Football coach in the 2011 season. College football will not be the same without him. He will be missed all around the country of the USA. JohnMyers, 70, drove more than two hours to arrive at 5am to get in line for this viewing said "It was worth it." Jerry Sandusky former defensive cordnator has been charged with molesting 10 boys over 15 years. He has pleaded not guilty and is now on bail. Paterno's casket had two "honor guards" that were two Penn State players. "There's going to be no one like him in my lifetime or theirs" said Karen Gilchrist a Penn State fan. Joe was a great man in my mind. Feel free to leave comments below.

*Note: This is USA news, if you are in the UK, search Joe Paterno on Google.*

Logandyer45
26-01-2012, 01:21 AM
I messed up. It was SUNDAY. And the spacing is not my fault. Thanks<3

Misawa
26-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm glad he's dead. His legacy is for nothing for what he did.

Logandyer45
26-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm glad he's dead. His legacy is for nothing for what he did.

He was one of the best coaches in college football history. He was accused of the Jerry Sandusky sex scandal. He did nothing.

Misawa
26-01-2012, 08:35 PM
He covered it up. He may have been a great coach, but his abilities in sport don't change the fact that he committed a dispicable act.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!