PDA

View Full Version : I got this from college?

Jssy
11-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I got some letters from the college I applied to today and as some of you are even at uni stage now I was hoping you might be able to help me. I applied to college in october for level 2 hairdressing which just requires me to get a c in english and 2 d grades in anything else, I got the interview in december and the tutor said I'd got the place as long as I get those grades, so it's conditional. My head of house wrote me a reference on how much I'd improved and how missed I'd be (lool) etc and he said college had emailed me back and sounded like they really wanted me. I got a letter today with bits and bobs about starting dates etc but it had a slip in labelled 'Additionality info form' listing gcse subjects and a level subjects such as sociology, psychology, photography etc.

On the back of the slip it's got a form to fill in saying learner name, dob, full time course applied for, gcse/as subjects interested in and asking to return it to the college. Is it to do another course alongside the one Im doing? Like what is it I don't really understand lol and was wondering if anyone knew

beth
11-02-2012, 06:09 PM
i'm guessing they are courses you'd like to do alongside yr BTEC as it's only a level 2 which means it won't be completely full time. i did a level 3 btec which is equivialent to as levels and meant i was in college every day but with a level 2 you might only be in 3 full days a week so you could probably pick up an AS level alongside it.

Jssy
11-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Ooh well idk if its btec its something called a vrq level 2 for hairdressing which is a new qualification she told me cos they used to do an nvq? and yeah she said it wouldnt be a full week for hairdressing

beth
11-02-2012, 07:49 PM
yeah btec/nvq/vrq's are all under the same umbrella really level 2's are equivilant to AS levels and then level 3's are A level what a university would want from you.

Jssy
11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
ah thanks. I don't know what to put down for the a levels they offer that I'd be interested in. Only one I can see at the mo is photography but I can't afford to get a nikon yet :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!