PDA

View Full Version : Job interview

Mikey
17-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I have a job interview for the supermarket Morrisons on Tuesday, I've never had a job interview and i'm a tad nervous. I'm wondering if anyone can offer me any tips and what I should expect when I have the actual interview.

Any help will be useful, thanks. http://hffmforum.co.uk/harry/images/other/thumbs_up.png

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Moderator): From "Health, Life and Relationships", as it is better suited here!

Catchy
19-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello,

job interviews are nerve racking so don't worry employers will expect you to be a little nervous it's not uncommon and it'll be strange if you wasn't nervous. Just try not to let these nerves overcome you. Just be yourself and be confident but not cocky! When you're asked a question take a second to think about if you need to, don't feel that you have to rush to spit your answer out, just keep calm.

I would expect them to ask general questions you should expect them to ask you what you've been doing, your education and your previous experience if any (if you don't have any previous work experience then use your work experience from school as a selling point, don't sell yourself short). They may ask why you want the job so be prepared for that and they also might ask you about your skills and qualities.

Remember to always be polite, shake their hand when you meet them and introduce yourself (firm handshake!!!) first impressions do count! You will only have a couple of seconds to make a good first impression, if you're to make a bad one it apparently takes you twice as long to make a good one in interview situations.

Just remember, speak clearly, smile and give good eye contact. Good luck and I hope it goes well!

Shar
19-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Just to add on to what [@]@Catchy[/@] said, They may ask you scenario based questions such as "tell us how you would deal with a angry customer" or something like that. Just be calm and appear to be confident and you'll be fine, don't worry too much! Good luck :)

Barkseh
19-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Supermarkets don't want clever people so don't act clever. Be chatty, polite, clean and let them know you're willing to graft. If you live local make sure you let them know. Say your willing the be called in, in the spur of the moment.

Empired
19-02-2012, 06:27 PM
first impressions do count! You will only have a couple of seconds to make a good first impression, if you're to make a bad one it apparently takes you twice as long to make a good one in interview situations.

Mm, an interviewer can usually tell if they want you working with them in seven seconds. Just from their first impression of you, so the first minute of your interview is thousands of times more important than the rest of it.

I'm sure you'll do fine though, you need nerves to get you through things :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!