PDA

View Full Version : Sixth Form Interview

Jazz
21-02-2012, 05:32 PM
So, I went for my interview today and tbh it was very disorganised! I went in, and there was another 6th former in there for a chat so stayed in the room through my interview, which was so easy.. too easy. I was then sent on to 5 different teachers who sent me off to other teachers.

But they said I was very likely to get a place, so I'm chuffed

Are all sixth form interviews like that? Or was it just mine :-L

Mathew
21-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I had four Sixth Form / College interviews when I was applying and they were all quite nice. They all just ask about what you can bring the institution, what extra-curricular things you do, what your grades are like and what kind of things you enjoy. I daresay I quite enjoy interviews! :P

Recursion
21-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I didn't even need to be interviewed for sixth form... although, I was going straight from year 11 to lower sixth in the same school.

Jazz
21-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I didn't even need to be interviewed for sixth form... although, I was going straight from year 11 to lower sixth in the same school.

o wow, im going back to my old school after a year break, but all of the kids at my school doing the same thing as you had to be interviewed like they were new students

dbgtz
21-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I didn't really have an interview, just two sessions where one was explaining some **** that was going to happen and some **** I needed to fill out and one that finalised my choices.

Ajthedragon
21-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I applied at three and I always felt quite awkward in the interviews. Although I think that's more of a confidence issue. :P Mine were very organised though, I was only late for the one I chose to actually go to. :rolleyes:

Vause
27-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I was never interested in sixth form, my school was rubbish, really wanted to get out. I went to college then went on to work in an office. Good luck Jazz! You'll be fine for sure :)

Glen Coco
27-02-2012, 03:20 PM
at mine there were a load of different teachers and when you got there you went to which one was free. everyone that applied got a conditional place

Shar
27-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Just be yourself and don't worry about it, 6th forum interviews are usually relaxed anyway

Samantha
27-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Mine was a College interview and I just sat in a room (at my school) with the old headmaster of the college I went to and he asked me what courses I wanted to do and told me about it and said I was in lol? They accepted everyone who applied at my school.

Oleh
27-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Mine was easy, mainly due to the fact I didn't have one, they just said, yeah your in, in July prior to starting. I did have one for college though and thought I'd fluffed it, then she goes "Unconditonal offer, latz"

GommeInc
28-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Mine was odd and a complete waste of time. The Sixth Form is a completely different institution but because my school is in the same area they usually give unconditional offers. When the interview came about I might aswell sent a friend or a stranger in my place - they asked what GCSEs I am doing, nodded and said "Yeah you're in". I could of told them I shoot teachers for fun and I would of still got a place.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!