PDA

View Full Version : Discuss Rugby League HERE!

Lee
28-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Hello,

I have created this thread to be the home of all Rugby League discussion at HxF. My aims for this are to increase Rugby League discussion and encourage others to take an interest in the sport :)

So, who supports who and what matches are you going this week end? :)

Mathew
02-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Woooo, someone else who likes Rugby League - at last! :D

I've been a supporter of Batley Bulldogs since I was old enough to attend the matches with my Dad. We go to most home and away games each weekend and really look forward to it all week. It's only been the past couple of years that I've actually understood the game (I always used to just go along for the fun of it), but I absolutely love the sport now. I'm actually constantly amazed by the amount of thinking that they have to do; the coordination, speed, strength and dedication is expected each and every week and I find it quite mind-blowing just how much practice and thought it must take.

It's only been in the past couple of years that we've really started to push ourselves up the league and playing with the more advanced teams. Despite only being at Championship level (one under Superleague), we've put up some really good fights against Wakefield, Castleford and even Huddersfield in the past couple of years. We managed to win the Northern Rail Cup in 2010 against Widnes Vikings after an extremely tense ending over at Blackpool. You could have cut the stadium with a knife, it was crazy! Sadly, we didn't win any silverware last year, but we finished near the top of the league.

Leigh and Featherstone were tough teams to beat last year, but Batley have signed loads of good players this year including Ben Black and Gareth Moore. We even had Ben Fisher up until a couple of weeks ago, but his contract stated that he'd be able to leave if a Superleague team wanted him: so he's gone now. We're playing Featherstone on Sunday so we'll be going over to Post Office Road to watch that. We'll probably go over to Leigh on Thursday night to watch that too. Both games should be good tests to predict how well we'll do in the upcoming season. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be an eventful one! :)

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batley_Bulldogs

Lee
02-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Woooo, someone else who likes Rugby League - at last! :D

:D

I've been a supporter of Batley Bulldogs since I was old enough to attend the matches. We go to most home and away games each weekend and really look forward to it all week.

Exactly the same, except im a Viking ;) Go every week, such as sunday ill be driving to Hull :)

It's only been the past couple of years that I've actually understood the game (I always used to just go along for the fun of it), but I absolutely love the sport now. I'm actually constantly amazed by the amount of thinking that they have to do; the coordination, speed, strength and dedication is expected each and every week and I find it quite mind-blowing just how much practice and thought it must take.

Yeah that's just a few of the many pro's of Rugby League compared to other sports, Ive been a fan nearly all my life and I think I will be until I die if I'm honest.

It's only been in the past couple of years that we've really started to push ourselves up the league and playing with the more advanced teams. Despite only being at Championship level (one under Superleague), we've put up some really good fights against Wakefield, Castleford and even Huddersfield in the past couple of years. We managed to win the Northern Rail Cup in 2010 against Widnes Vikings after an extremely tense ending over at Blackpool. You could have cut the stadium with a knife, it was crazy! Sadly, we didn't win any silverware last year, but we finished near the top of the league.

Your right, and I think the future looks promising for Batley, however it wont be easy getting a Super Leaguelicencein 3 years time (Nor will it for us) with the contenders your facing! I was at the match in question and your right it was a terrific game! I was not happy with the result of course :L Just make sure you stick with your team that's the most important thing!

Leigh and Featherstone were tough teams to beat last year, but Batley have signed loads of good players this year including Ben Black and Gareth Moore. We even had Ben Fisher up until a couple of weeks ago, but his contract stated that he'd be able to leave if a Superleague team wanted him: so he's gone now. We're playing Featherstone on Sunday so we'll be going over to Post Office Road to watch that. We'll probably go over to Leigh on Thursday night to watch that too. Both games should be good tests to predict how well we'll do in the upcoming season. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be an eventful one! :)

Aha, you better hope Ben Black doesn't drop the ball whilst about to win the game for use ;) You have a couple of key names in your squad which is great, Im gutted that Premier have the Champ now because I don't have it but I'll be closely following the league.

Best of luck for the season, it should be an interesting discussion on a sunday night :D

Mathew
02-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Exactly the same, except im a Viking ;) Go every week, such as sunday ill be driving to Hull :)
Ooooo! We drove over to Widnes a couple of years ago to watch Vikings vs. Bulldogs during the run up to the NRC final. It was brilliant claiming victory over at Blackpool, haha! ;)

The issue I have with RFL is that they award the franchising to one specific team which pretty much gives them automatic access to the Superleague, regardless of the amount of wins. Widnes, like Leigh, has a pretty impressive stadium whereas Batley would probably be unable to support the crowds that are drawn from Superleague matches. This makes it highly unlikely that teams such as Batley and Featherstone will make it into Superleague, just because the ground is unable to support it. I was really hoping for Leigh to make it into Superleague because they were simply too good for everyone last year. They thrashed pretty much every single game and it just wasn't all that fair. It was a shock to see Widnes get the promotion when Leigh had won many more games! It all depends on who they decide to award the franchise to.

Yeah that's just a few of the many pro's of Rugby League compared to other sports, Ive been a fan nearly all my life and I think I will be until I die if I'm honest.
I watched the highlights after the Superbowl this year, and I actually thought I could get quite into American Football. It seems similar to Rugby League in a couple of respects, so perhaps that's another one I'd enjoy.

Your right, and I think the future looks promising for Batley, however it wont be easy getting a Super Leaguelicencein 3 years time (Nor will it for us) with the contenders your facing! I was at the match in question and your right it was a terrific game! I was not happy with the result of course :L Just make sure you stick with your team that's the most important thing!
The ending was sooooo tense and it felt so good when Alex Brown got the ball over the try line in the last few minutes. It must have been fate - I remember that Gareth Moore scored a drop-goal half-way through the game - it would have only been a draw if it wasn't for that! It was quite nice to make a day out of the event though. My Dad and I went over for the afternoon and had lunch in McDonalds... it was raining on the sea-front so went into a pub with a bunch of other Batley fans. It was brilliant.

Aha, you better hope Ben Black doesn't drop the ball whilst about to win the game for use ;) You have a couple of key names in your squad which is great, Im gutted that Premier have the Champ now because I don't have it but I'll be closely following the league.
LOL, they were dropping the ball all over the place at a recent game against Keighley. Naturally, their fans took pride in our lack of control! Thankfully we haven't lost a game yet this year, so I really hope it stays that way. We lost the annual Boxing Day match against Dewsbury Rams which was shameful, but they seem to gelled together as a team now and they're performing a lot better.

Best of luck for the season, it should be an interesting discussion on a sunday night :D
You too! I look forward to it! :D

Lee
03-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Ooooo! We drove over to Widnes a couple of years ago to watch Vikings vs. Bulldogs during the run up to the NRC final. It was brilliant claiming victory over at Blackpool, haha! ;)

Haha yeah it's always a good day out, particularly on the nice days when you can make the most out of the games in Blackpool! :D

The issue I have with RFL is that they award the franchising to one specific team which pretty much gives them automatic access to the Superleague, regardless of the amount of wins. Widnes, like Leigh, has a pretty impressive stadium whereas Batley would probably be unable to support the crowds that are drawn from Superleague matches. This makes it highly unlikely that teams such as Batley and Featherstone will make it into Superleague, just because the ground is unable to support it. I was really hoping for Leigh to make it into Superleague because they were simply too good for everyone last year. They thrashed pretty much every single game and it just wasn't all that fair. It was a shock to see Widnes get the promotion when Leigh had won many more games! It all depends on who they decide to award the franchise to.

It's a verycontroversialissue which has it's pro's and con's. What you need to remember is many clubs - including us - are deeply effected financially by the promotion system by overspending to the extend where we go too far relying on going up, then don't go up or get a less-serious knockback that lands you in a whole load of debt until you are sent into administration. Teams didn't have enough time to get teams together from the end of the season to the start of the season which made a very similar promotion/demotion pattern :( Of course the negatives are that the whole decision is influenced by Richard Lewis (Despised) and his team of monkeys who lately don't seem to know what they're doing!

I watched the highlights after the Superbowl this year, and I actually thought I could get quite into American Football. It seems similar to Rugby League in a couple of respects, so perhaps that's another one I'd enjoy.

Not something I've looked into personally, I can see what your saying and might watch it next time I have a late one - like now :O

The ending was sooooo tense and it felt so good when Alex Brown got the ball over the try line in the last few minutes. It must have been fate - I remember that Gareth Moore scored a drop-goal half-way through the game - it would have only been a draw if it wasn't for that! It was quite nice to make a day out of the event though. My Dad and I went over for the afternoon and had lunch in McDonalds... it was raining on the sea-front so went into a pub with a bunch of other Batley fans. It was brilliant.

Yeah those experiences are priceless, a family day out to the rugby, supporting the team with pride, pie at the ready and insults to the referee noted - lets face it he isalways to blame ;) I can admit our weaknesses to be fair so I don't always rely on the referee's poor match skills to back me up :D

Leigh didn't qualify, unfortunately their up rise was not soon enough so they didn't have the criteria met in time which was a shame because if they qualified they where going up without a doubt I think.

Mathew
03-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Haha yeah it's always a good day out, particularly on the nice days when you can make the most out of the games in Blackpool! :D
I've only ever been to Blackpool a few times but it's actually quite nice now they've redone the front. It must have cost millions but it's quite impressive to say it's in the UK! P

It's a verycontroversialissue which has it's pro's and con's. What you need to remember is many clubs - including us - are deeply effected financially by the promotion system by overspending to the extend where we go too far relying on going up, then don't go up or get a less-serious knockback that lands you in a whole load of debt until you are sent into administration. Teams didn't have enough time to get teams together from the end of the season to the start of the season which made a very similar promotion/demotion pattern :( Of course the negatives are that the whole decision is influenced by Richard Lewis (Despised) and his team of monkeys who lately don't seem to know what they're doing!
Yeah I guess that's a point. If you rely on being promoted too heavily then it's gonna be a huge loss if you don't actually make it. On the face of it, it's a shame that the most successful clubs don't make it... but then I suppose that's the drawbacks and influence of money.

Not something I've looked into personally, I can see what your saying and might watch it next time I have a late one - like now :O
Hehe, I'm hoping to study in North Carolina in a couple of years on a Study Abroad scheme. I have a friend who lives a couple of hours away and he's wanting to take me to some games, LOL! :P

Yeah those experiences are priceless, a family day out to the rugby, supporting the team with pride, pie at the ready and insults to the referee noted - lets face it he isalways to blame ;) I can admit our weaknesses to be fair so I don't always rely on the referee's poor match skills to back me up :D
Oh my... Batley do the best Cheesy Chips, hahaha! I used to go to the rugby just for the food but then I found out the game actually was pretty decent! Ughhhh, we never seem to get a good referee... there's a couple which just make you angry when you hear their name announced at the start of the game!

Leigh didn't qualify, unfortunately their up rise was not soon enough so they didn't have the criteria met in time which was a shame because if they qualified they where going up without a doubt I think.
I wish they'd just go and leave the rest of us to battle it out... Batley might have a chance at coming top then! :P Hey, I have faith in them this year though... tomorrow's game is going to be vital to decide where we'll end up.

Lee
03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I've only ever been to Blackpool a few times but it's actually quite nice now they've redone the front. It must have cost millions but it's quite impressive to say it's in the UK! P

Yeah I guess that's a point. If you rely on being promoted too heavily then it's gonna be a huge loss if you don't actually make it. On the face of it, it's a shame that the most successful clubs don't make it... but then I suppose that's the drawbacks and influence of money.

Hehe, I'm hoping to study in North Carolina in a couple of years on a Study Abroad scheme. I have a friend who lives a couple of hours away and he's wanting to take me to some games, LOL! :P

Oh my... Batley do the best Cheesy Chips, hahaha! I used to go to the rugby just for the food but then I found out the game actually was pretty decent! Ughhhh, we never seem to get a good referee... there's a couple which just make you angry when you hear their name announced at the start of the game!

I wish they'd just go and leave the rest of us to battle it out... Batley might have a chance at coming top then! :P Hey, I have faith in them this year though... tomorrow's game is going to be vital to decide where we'll end up.

haha yeah I'll get tomorrows live scores up :D Im in work tonight from 12:00am get in at 5am get up at 10:30am ready to leave at 12:00pm and drive to Hull for a 3pm kick off. Our two new faces have arrived but are not named in the squad unfortunately but I am not writing ourselves off at all!

Mathew
04-03-2012, 08:04 PM
haha yeah I'll get tomorrows live scores up :D Im in work tonight from 12:00am get in at 5am get up at 10:30am ready to leave at 12:00pm and drive to Hull for a 3pm kick off. Our two new faces have arrived but are not named in the squad unfortunately but I am not writing ourselves off at all!
I hope today wasn't too tiring for you! That is a crazy shift, haha! :P

Batley had a fantastic game today. It wasn't looking too bright in the first 10 minutes or so - Featherstone managed to score two tries quite early on and I thought it was going to be a shambles. The Bulldogs just kept on scoring though and it was 24-8 to Batley at half time. The second half was slightly worse but we still ended up winning 34-22. Obviously I'm going to be a bit biased but we really did think the referee was up to something dodgy - there were several instances where he "didn't see" the knock-on and others where he gave penalties to them for something and not us. An ex-referee in the crowd (Batley supporter) even commented that it was pretty bad.

I think both Batley and Featherstone were resting some of their better players - both of us are through to the next stage so there wasn't really anything to win or lose. We didn't play Ben Black, Danny Maun, Alex Brown, Jason Walton, etc so I'm guessing he's saving some of them for the game against Leigh on Thursday night. That said, even though he didn't play the regular players, we still performed really well indeed - it seems we have about two full teams of decent players for once.. :P It's absolutely amazing that we managed to get John Kear, haha.

Can't wait for Thursday night against Leigh now - that should be an interesting game and will really determine how far we can go this season.

How did today play out for you? :D

Lee
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I hope today wasn't too tiring for you! That is a crazy shift, haha! :P

Batley had a fantastic game today. It wasn't looking too bright in the first 10 minutes or so - Featherstone managed to score two tries quite early on and I thought it was going to be a shambles. The Bulldogs just kept on scoring though and it was 24-8 to Batley at half time. The second half was slightly worse but we still ended up winning 34-22. Obviously I'm going to be a bit biased but we really did think the referee was up to something dodgy - there were several instances where he "didn't see" the knock-on and others where he gave penalties to them for something and not us. An ex-referee in the crowd (Batley supporter) even commented that it was pretty bad.

I think both Batley and Featherstone were resting some of their better players - both of us are through to the next stage so there wasn't really anything to win or lose. We didn't play Ben Black, Danny Maun, Alex Brown, Jason Walton, etc so I'm guessing he's saving some of them for the game against Leigh on Thursday night. That said, even though he didn't play the regular players, we still performed really well indeed - it seems we have about two full teams of decent players for once.. :P It's absolutely amazing that we managed to get John Kear, haha.

Can't wait for Thursday night against Leigh now - that should be an interesting game and will really determine how far we can go this season.

How did today play out for you? :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day. My day however was nothing more than a nightmare. Drove 2.5hrs to Hull to get caught in a snow storm which lasted throughout the match. We where shoved in a stand which was barely acceptable to meet Amature Rugby League requirements never mind Super League. So putting that aside - it might not have been a poor day if we managed to perform.

We come out, did the same old crap we have been doing for the last god knows how long (with exception of leeds) flat lines blah blah so we got beat 36-0 in the end. Poor result, poor game and I call for Denis Betts to go :L

I'll be watching on Thursday good luck :)

Mathew
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed your day. My day however was nothing more than a nightmare. Drove 2.5hrs to Hull to get caught in a snow storm which lasted throughout the match. We where shoved in a stand which was barely acceptable to meet Amature Rugby League requirements never mind Super League. So putting that aside - it might not have been a poor day if we managed to perform.

We come out, did the same old crap we have been doing for the last god knows how long (with exception of leeds) flat lines blah blah so we got beat 36-0 in the end. Poor result, poor game and I call for Denis Betts to go :L

I'll be watching on Thursday good luck :)
Oh wow! There's nothing worse than driving in the snow, but then having it last throughout the game too! :O We didn't have any snow up here, thankfully, but it was terribly cold outside. It doesn't help that I have a cold either though; even my thermal socks, scarf, hat, gloves and four layers didn't keep me that warm! :( I remember the old days when rugby was a winter sport - it's much better now that it's slightly warmer! :P

That said, Mount Pleasant is cold all year round, so it doesn't really make much difference! My hands and toes are absolutely freezing every week... I just can't walk afterwards! Hull don't have a decent ground then? Castleford's wasn't much good when we visited there a couple of years ago either... although I'm pretty sure Wakefield's is the worst! :P Batley are having a couple of rennovations this year I think (starting with an electronic scoreboard and then a new stand later)... some members of club management have been sponsored to walk to Leigh ahead of the game next week. That should make for an interesting news article.. :P

Was Denis Betts the coach whilst you guys were still in the lower division? Perhaps the stress of Superleague has gotten too much! :P

Lee
04-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh wow! There's nothing worse than driving in the snow, but then having it last throughout the game too! :O We didn't have any snow up here, thankfully, but it was terribly cold outside. It doesn't help that I have a cold either though; even my thermal socks, scarf, hat, gloves and four layers didn't keep me that warm! :( I remember the old days when rugby was a winter sport - it's much better now that it's slightly warmer! :P

That said, Mount Pleasant is cold all year round, so it doesn't really make much difference! My hands and toes are absolutely freezing every week... I just can't walk afterwards! Hull don't have a decent ground then? Castleford's wasn't much good when we visited there a couple of years ago either... although I'm pretty sure Wakefield's is the worst! :P Batley are having a couple of rennovations this year I think (starting with an electronic scoreboard and then a new stand later)... some members of club management have been sponsored to walk to Leigh ahead of the game next week. That should make for an interesting news article.. :P

Was Denis Betts the coach whilst you guys were still in the lower division? Perhaps the stress of Superleague has gotten too much! :P
Yeah gotta get an electronic scoreboard! Waikfields ground has been done so its alright now :L I was numb getting back in the car arghh it was horrible. And I got a burger and the woman put onions on without asking so erghhhh!

Hull KRs ground is appauling. The RFL told them they have til 2013 to meet the Super League requirements else they can get into trouble (as in demoted I think).

Betts was our coach for championship and we did appaulingly then but they kept him and we're doing bad still so he needs to go - My frustration is that their line is soooo flat, so they always do flat passes and drop it. It gets to you when they don't learn week in week out.

Wigan on sunday for another hammering argh :(

Mathew
04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah gotta get an electronic scoreboard! Waikfields ground has been done so its alright now :L I was numb getting back in the car arghh it was horrible. And I got a burger and the woman put onions on without asking so erghhhh!

Hull KRs ground is appauling. The RFL told them they have til 2013 to meet the Super League requirements else they can get into trouble (as in demoted I think).

Betts was our coach for championship and we did appaulingly then but they kept him and we're doing bad still so he needs to go - My frustration is that their line is soooo flat, so they always do flat passes and drop it. It gets to you when they don't learn week in week out.

Wigan on sunday for another hammering argh :(
lolol, the electronic scoreboards are okay providing they're done right! Today's electronic messages at Featherstone included "Happy 63th Birthday to..." - facepalm! Ha, it was cold for us too... John Kear followed us out of the car park with his personalised number plate too.. :O!!

Oh is Wakefield's ground finally ready? That makes the Batley ground the oldest in Rugby League.. that's why they're updating it all, haha! :P I do like how the Superleague set a standard for stadiums though... the majority of grounds in our division are pretty poor. It's quite nice when we play at home actually, just because it's a decent, clean ground.

Yeah it's quite annoying when you notice something but you just can't sort it out! The problem with Batley at the moment is that we're doing relatively well in the first half, but then scoring less points in the second half. I don't know whether it's because they get complacent or whether they get tired, but for the past three games the opponent has scored more points than us in the second half.

Good luck for Sunday! ;)

ihatehash
05-03-2012, 04:39 AM
**** you guys, let's talk about NRL.

Thoughts on this weeks games? I went to Warriors Vs Manly at Eden and was rather upset to see us lose but in saying that Warriors were rather incosistent.
Also two games went to golden point, I only saw Tigers Vs Sharks and was glad to see Benji kick the winner.
Good games all round this weekend I must say except the blow out that was Cowboys Vs Titans.

JerseySafety
05-03-2012, 04:58 AM

Thoughts on this weeks games? I went to Warriors Vs Manly at Eden and was rather upset to see us lose but in saying that Warriors were rather incosistent.
Also two games went to golden point, I only saw Tigers Vs Sharks and was glad to see Benji kick the winner.
Good games all round this weekend I must say except the blow out that was Cowboys Vs Titans.

Was gonna say **** about the NRL :P

Warriors were very inconsistent and I was surprised they weren't beaten by more. However the referee did give Manly a lot of lucky or biased calls.

Tigers & sharks were fabulous - of course it would be a Kiwi kicking the winner ;)

Game this week I'm looking forward to would have to be Warriors vs Eels - will be very interesting. Got a bet for Warriors to win 12-, wouldn't be surprised if they win 13+ but hey.

ihatehash
05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Just made my round 2 picks, had a horrible week last week especially in super rugby :P
This weeks picks: Sea Eagles (13+), Broncos (13+), Titans (1-12), Dragons (1-12), Knights (13+), Panthers (1-12), Storm (13+), Warriors (13+).

Looking forward to Roosters V Rabbitohs tonight though, might change my picks depending on how this game goes.

Lee
05-03-2012, 06:45 PM
lolol, the electronic scoreboards are okay providing they're done right! Today's electronic messages at Featherstone included "Happy 63th Birthday to..." - facepalm! Ha, it was cold for us too... John Kear followed us out of the car park with his personalised number plate too.. :O!!

Oh is Wakefield's ground finally ready? That makes the Batley ground the oldest in Rugby League.. that's why they're updating it all, haha! :P I do like how the Superleague set a standard for stadiums though... the majority of grounds in our division are pretty poor. It's quite nice when we play at home actually, just because it's a decent, clean ground.

Yeah it's quite annoying when you notice something but you just can't sort it out! The problem with Batley at the moment is that we're doing relatively well in the first half, but then scoring less points in the second half. I don't know whether it's because they get complacent or whether they get tired, but for the past three games the opponent has scored more points than us in the second half.

Good luck for Sunday! ;)

Haha, yeah I think Wakefields ground is done now. Sheffield have a good one but its for the footy too! I am looking forward to London at come (two matches to go before that though - Wigan then Hull F.C both hard (N) ) that will be our first win I hope. We're new so you can't expect us to be doing brilliant - still shouldn't be doing as bad as we are now.

NRL is great, super league is better ;) I like the NRL and I wish I could watch it more than I do... Need to get Premier Sports!!!

Was gonna say **** about the NRL :P

Warriors were very inconsistent and I was surprised they weren't beaten by more. However the referee did give Manly a lot of lucky or biased calls.

Tigers & sharks were fabulous - of course it would be a Kiwi kicking the winner ;)

Game this week I'm looking forward to would have to be Warriors vs Eels - will be very interesting. Got a bet for Warriors to win 12-, wouldn't be surprised if they win 13+ but hey.

Just made my round 2 picks, had a horrible week last week especially in super rugby :P
This weeks picks: Sea Eagles (13+), Broncos (13+), Titans (1-12), Dragons (1-12), Knights (13+), Panthers (1-12), Storm (13+), Warriors (13+).

Looking forward to Roosters V Rabbitohs tonight though, might change my picks depending on how this game goes.

Manly Sea Eagles v Leeds Rhino's did you watch that match guys? :)

ihatehash
06-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Manly Sea Eagles v Leeds Rhino's did you watch that match guys? :)

Haha no I didn't as I only really follow the Warriors closely in league. I'm more of a union fan than anything. Just checked out the score though, Manly got thrashed! good to see!

Lee
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
[@]@Mathew[/@]

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_8355-leigh-and-batley-set-for-championship-kick-off.html

Im getting excited myself now haha even though I waited 6 years to get out! Glad to be watching only though :L

Mathew
07-03-2012, 06:55 PM
[@]@Mathew[/@]

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_8355-leigh-and-batley-set-for-championship-kick-off.html

Im getting excited myself now haha even though I waited 6 years to get out! Glad to be watching only though :L

I can't wait to go over to Leigh tomorrow evening! It looks like I'm in for a busy day tomorrow with it being both Results Day and the match. Let's hope for good news all round! :)

Lee
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
haha yeah best of luck for both :D

I will be honest, my prediction of the match will be:

36 - 22 for a Leigh win but thats obviously just my guess... Still​good luck :D

Mathew
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks! :)

I'll be hopeful and predict a 22-18 win for Batley. Come on the bulldogs!! :P

John Kear had some interesting news to share on the Batley website, looks like we're in for a different set of players to Featherstone's successful beating...

The Bulldogs are in the middle of a tough little spell having to travel to both Featherstone and Leigh in the space of four days, but the head coach had already made provision for such a gruelling mini-schedule. "I made two selections - one for each game - last week. It's impossible for the same set of players to back up with the same enthusiasm and fitness levels in such a short space of time so I picked a team that I thought could get something out of the Fev game and a different team that will be ready to go at Leigh."

The Batley chairman among some other senior figures have began their walk to Leigh this evening too, in an attempt to raise money for the new ground.
http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/walk-live-map

SackRace
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
how r the mighty scotland getting on in the six nations x

Lee
08-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks! :)

I'll be hopeful and predict a 22-18 win for Batley. Come on the bulldogs!! :P

John Kear had some interesting news to share on the Batley website, looks like we're in for a different set of players to Featherstone's successful beating...

The Batley chairman among some other senior figures have began their walk to Leigh this evening too, in an attempt to raise money for the new ground.
http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/walk-live-map

I've just look now, and I had been watching the progress made by the chairman and it's an excellent attempt at raising money. Best of luck to them very creative :)

Mathew
08-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Leaving at about 5:30 and grabbing a KFC before the match unless the rush-hour traffic is bad. Kick off at 7:30.. can't wait!!

Lee
08-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Excellent match there, well done on the win :)

Also, did you see the NRC 1/4 final fixtures?

Leigh v Batley
Keighley v Featherstone
Halifax v Barrow
Sheffield v Hunslet

Should be interesting again!

Mathew
08-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Excellent match there, well done on the win :)

Also, did you see the NRC 1/4 final fixtures?

Should be interesting again!

That game was simply surreal - it was tense right from the opening whistle to the final hooter. It was crazy. The Batley lads put up a great show yet again, but I was almost shaking with the fact that they may have lost it in the final few minutes (especially considering their track record where they've lost the second half in terms of the amount of points scored).

The referee was simply terrible though - the three officials got a huge "boooo!!" at the end of the match from everyone, following the almost constant screaming and abuse throughout the game from both sides. He was incredibly insecure and lacked the ability to make a decision for himself; relying far too much on the video referee. Then again, he was rubbish for both sides... so I do suppose it evens it out somewhat.

Oh, and the somersaults were good too.

We walked in about a minute after kick-off. There was an average speed check of 50mph for about 10 miles on the M62 which made the journey pretty tough. After gobbling a KFC when we got to Leigh, and standing in line to pick up the tickets... we only just made it!

The NRC fixtures couldn't have been more awkward, could it? Leigh v. Batley - of all teams! After tonight's performance, it seems that they're both pretty equal. This could make for an interesting season.

Zest
09-03-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not a big fan of League, more of a Union fan but hey.

I watch the NRL from time to time.

Roosters and Eels <3

Lee
11-03-2012, 05:47 PM
[@]@Mathew[/@] OMG best game I've ever seen no lie! Watch the BBC Super League highlights tomorrow at 10:30 :P

Mathew
11-03-2012, 06:03 PM
[@]@Mathew[/@] OMG best game I've ever seen no lie! Watch the BBC Super League highlights tomorrow at 10:30 :P

I saw the result - that's quite an achievement! Well done! :D Did Wigan put out a weaker side?

Lee
11-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I saw the result - that's quite an achievement! Well done! :D Did Wigan put out a weaker side?

Wigan never played P.Richards or S.Thomkins but other than that it was a fairly strong side in my opinion with Charnly, Luilarky and so on! We just played amazing to be fair and got deep for once!!! Cant wait to go back across to Hull for FC on sunday :P

Edit: @Mathew check this out: http://www.skysports.com/rugbyleague/match_report/0,19936,11070_3470485,00.html#

Mathew
11-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Wigan never played P.Richards or S.Thomkins but other than that it was a fairly strong side in my opinion with Charnly, Luilarky and so on! We just played amazing to be fair and got deep for once!!! Cant wait to go back across to Hull for FC on sunday :P

Edit: [@]@Mathew[/@] check this out: http://www.skysports.com/rugbyleague/match_report/0,19936,11070_3470485,00.html#
It seems like they might be learning then; you commented on how they were playing rather flat last week so perhaps it's been (finally) picked up on! Just need to keep it up and fingers crossed it's not a fluke!

Lee
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
[@]@Mathew[/@] Yeah was really well played. Cant wait for Hull these 3 new players have really changed things. Did you expect us to get beat? I did ;)

Mathew
11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
[@]@Mathew[/@] Yeah was really well played. Cant wait for Hull these 3 new players have really changed things. Did you expect us to get beat? I did ;)

Ha, considering Wigan's streak and Widnes' past games I thought it would have been a very different result, yeah! :P

ihatehash
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
JerseyShore How did your picks go for this week? So far I only got 1 right (Storm v Rabbitohs), 3 right winner wrong margin, and 3 wrong. I'm not doing particularly well this season so far.

JerseySafety
12-03-2012, 04:35 AM
JerseyShore How did your picks go for this week? So far I only got 1 right (Storm v Rabbitohs), 3 right winner wrong margin, and 3 wrong. I'm not doing particularly well this season so far.

Haha I got storm & rabbits right, hopefully gonna get eels and warriors right :P picked warriors to win 12+ ;)

Lee
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Haha I got storm & rabbits right, hopefully gonna get eels and warriors right :P picked warriors to win 12+ ;)

Good luck, what time is it on tele?

JerseySafety
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Good luck, what time is it on tele?

Yes, was on at 9PM. Warriors won 36-20, good game tbh.

Lee
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Yes, was on at 9PM. Warriors won 36-20, good game tbh.

Ah good stuff :P

Lee
13-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Mathew

Featherstone Rovers player Tim Spears has been banned for two matches for committing a Grade C violent punching offence during his side’s defeat to Batley Bulldogs while Batley’s Alex Bretherton will miss one match for a Grade B striking offence in the same contest.

Featherstone’s Sam Smeaton and Batley’s Paul Mennel have both avoided suspensions after they were charged with committing Grade A offences during the fixture the Bulldogs won 34-22.

So, was there trouble at the match then?

Mathew
13-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah there were a couple of fights, just because Featherstone don't like losing.. haha. Tim Spears is nearing the end of his time as a rugby player IMO. I met him back when I was in Primary School and he played for Dewsbury Rams... he held a one-off sports class for us. He's always flicking between Featherstone, Dewsbury and Batley... but I don't really think he's ever been that decent anyway. Hes a thug by the look of recent events too.

I never saw how the fights broke out (my eyesight is terrible, LOL) but Paul Mennel did end up with a broken nose... but then he was playing again at Leigh. Batley fans in the crowd were shouting "watch his nose!" :P

@Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230)

So, was there trouble at the match then?

ihatehash
13-03-2012, 09:53 PM
JerseyShore What are your picks like for this week?

JerseySafety
14-03-2012, 02:35 AM
JerseyShore What are your picks like for this week?

Only done Bulldogs & warriors - Picked Warriors to win 12-, doubt it will happen though.

Mathew
16-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Just a couple of days until the Keighley game up at the Mount.. hopefully an easy enough game considering we've beat them twice so far this year! Going to any games this weekend guys? :)

Lee
16-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Just a couple of days until the Keighley game up at the Mount.. hopefully an easy enough game considering we've beat them twice so far this year! Going to any games this weekend guys? :)

Yup! I will try and stream it online, and unfortunately bookies are not seeing us winning Hull FC this Sunday dispite wigan and so have odds against us :(

JerseySafety
17-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Warriors vs Bulldogs. Woo Warriors!

ihatehash
17-03-2012, 11:47 PM
JerseyShore You going to the match? I would but I blew my income on St Patricks :P

Lee
18-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Mathew Widnes played poorly today! I didn't go first one this season but im glad because that was a poor performance until the last 10 minutes I believe :/

Mathew
18-03-2012, 06:28 PM
@Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230) Widnes played poorly today! I didn't go first one this season but im glad because that was a poor performance until the last 10 minutes I believe :/
Ughhhh, Batley played really poorly today too. They just seemed pretty uninterested and lacked the enthusiasm they usually have. I don't know whether it was because of the heat or what, but Keighley had really good defence and we just failed to break through. Keighley are a team to watch this season.

Looks like we had a similar experience this week!

Arron
27-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I was working at the Saints match on Sunday when they beat Leeds 46-6. A great win following a recent run of losses which led to Royce Simmons being sacked!

Can't wait for Friday!

Lee
27-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Arron woww great job that :) What do you do turnstiles? And good win for sure they had the odds against them. I dont agree with them critising the hair of leeds though it was for a good cause.

Arron
28-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm on the apron/vomitory so I get to watch 75% of the match :)

It was for a good cause but I thought it was unprofessional from the World Champions point of view, just as Eddie Hemmings said.

Lee
28-03-2012, 05:16 PM
It was for a good cause but I thought it was unprofessional from the World Champions point of view, just as Eddie Hemmings said.

Yeah, I suppose they'll reconsider their efforts for charitable causes in future. Like with Widnes, you can't predict how consistent St.Helens will play until a few weeks when we have some stats to perceive :P

Arron
28-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I suppose they'll reconsider their efforts for charitable causes in future. Like with Widnes, you can't predict how consistent St.Helens will play until a few weeks when we have some stats to perceive :P

Lets hope we make an upset at Warrington.

We have you in the cup don't we?

Lee
28-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Lets hope we make an upset at Warrington.

We have you in the cup don't we?

I'd like use to win Wire, and yeah in the challenge cup should be eventful haha :)

Lee
29-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Mathew heard about Bradford Bulls?

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_8577-bradford-bulls-at---death--s-door--.html

Our chairman has chucked £10,000 their way as a good gesture...

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_8606-widnes-chairman-in-bulls-pledge.html

Mathew
29-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, it's getting rather messy! Just read it on Twitter:

Leon Pryce (https://twitter.com/#!/leonpryce6)
Massive respect to Widnes chairman putting in 10k to help Bradford. Top top man. Need more people like him involves in our sport

Quite a nice idea (however crazy it is), although I'm surprised Bradford were without money in the first place.

We're going up to Leigh on Sunday for Batley vs. Swinton!

Lee
29-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, it's getting rather messy! Just read it on Twitter:

Leon Pryce (https://twitter.com/#!/leonpryce6)
Massive respect to Widnes chairman putting in 10k to help Bradford. Top top man. Need more people like him involves in our sport

Quite a nice idea (however crazy it is), although I'm surprised Bradford were without money in the first place.

We're going up to Leigh on Sunday for Batley vs. Swinton!

Ah very nice, should be a safe win for use! We have Catalan away on Sunday so I'll be having a lie in ;)

Lee
30-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Great win for saints earlier. Great game in all honesty I see the potential in them now following their poor streak as of late.

Widnes are on SkySports next Thursday woop :)

Arron
31-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Wow. Amazing feeling beating the Wolves at their ground. So happy to be a Saint atm. Our next challenge is Wigan at home, 2:45 kick off on Good Friday at Langtree Park - can't wait!

Lee
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Its official! Nathan Brown will be coaching the Saints next season. Lucky lucky team I cant express many envy haha.

Mathew
14-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Featherstone win against Castleford - get in there!!!!!!!!

Lee
15-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Featherstone win against Castleford - get in there!!!!!!!!

Yeah it was a great game! Widnes nearly had Saints :O I was gutted. Really impressed with our performance and we play saints again on Friday night so hopefully we may play well again. Not expecting a win but if we can keep it within a two try gap I'll be pleased. :)

Mathew
15-04-2012, 05:15 PM
That was an excellent result for Widnes. Looks like they're picking up speed - at last! :P

Tense game over at Hunslet today too. 21-18 to Batley.

Lee
15-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Are use in the next round of the CCup?

Mathew
15-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Are use in the next round of the CCup?

Yep. Looking forward to the drawing... might be playing Widnes! :P

Lee
15-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Yep. Looking forward to the drawing... might be playing Widnes! :P

I very​ much doubt that :(

Mathew
15-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I very​ much doubt that :(

Oh, the irony in Batley beating a Superleague team. The whole thing was doomed from the start!

Lee
15-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh, the irony in Batley beating a Superleague team. The whole thing was doomed from the start!

haha we're out of it!

Mathew
15-04-2012, 06:16 PM
haha we're out of it!

Maybe one day, eh?! Just hoping we get Featherstone, haha! :P

Lee
15-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Mathew;

Haha I wouldn't want them after yesterdays match!

Mathew
15-04-2012, 06:42 PM
@Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230);

Haha I wouldn't want them after yesterdays match!

LOL, goodness knows how we beat them a few weeks ago. The issue we're having is that they're playing just one-man rugby. They started passing in the second half today and it was a lot better.

Lee
15-04-2012, 06:43 PM
LOL, goodness knows how we beat them a few weeks ago. The issue we're having is that they're playing just one-man rugby. They started passing in the second half today and it was a lot better.

Ah that's good, hopefully a sign of things to come, much like us :)

Mathew
15-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Ah that's good, hopefully a sign of things to come, much like us :)

Wooo! :)
You know, I remember going over to Widnes in 2010 (whilst we were competing in the NRC) and the thing I remember the most is a tall elderly lady who was selling programmes outside the main reception area. I remember seeing her again and again when she came up to Batley - quite frightening because she has one heck of a mouth on her! :P

Lee
15-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Wooo! :)
You know, I remember going over to Widnes in 2010 (whilst we were competing in the NRC) and the thing I remember the most is a tall elderly lady who was selling programmes outside the main reception area. I remember seeing her again and again when she came up to Batley - quite frightening because she has one heck of a mouth on her! :P

Yeah that's Pat Price, google Widnes Pat Price :)

Mathew
15-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah that's Pat Price, google Widnes Pat Price :)

Oh what.... hahahahahaha!! That is fantastic that you know exactly who I mean. Bless her.

Lee
16-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Oh what.... hahahahahaha!! That is fantastic that you know exactly who I mean. Bless her.

haha I know! I see you have drawn London in the next round - should be close I hope it's on TV!

Warrington v Bradford, Catalan v Sheffield, Salford v Leeds, Leigh v Halifax, Oldham v St Helens, Fev v Wigan, Huddersfield v Swinton, Batley v London

Mathew
16-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Ughhhh, not a good result for us really. London don't really have a big fanbase so it won't bring many additional visitors to Batley. It's highly unlikely we'll win either, considering they crushed Dewsbury 72-4 at the weekend. If we'd drawn someone like Leeds, we could have expected 5000 visitors... which is a lot of money when you can charge £15 for entry. Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing the result of Leigh v. Halifax and Fev v. Wigan though.

Lee
16-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Ughhhh, not a good result for us really. London don't really have a big fanbase so it won't bring many additional visitors to Batley. It's highly unlikely we'll win either, considering they crushed Dewsbury 72-4 at the weekend. If we'd drawn someone like Leeds, we could have expected 5000 visitors... which is a lot of money when you can charge £15 for entry. Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing the result of Leigh v. Halifax and Fev v. Wigan though.

:(

I'm also looking forward to Leigh and Halifax - Wigan will crush Fev regardless of their success over cas imo :(

Lee
24-04-2012, 05:17 PM
We have got Cas on Monday (Sky Sports) and Rangi Chase is back from suspension! They will kill us haha.

Mathew
26-04-2012, 07:50 PM
We have got Cas on Monday (Sky Sports) and Rangi Chase is back from suspension! They will kill us haha.

I always have a quiet giggle at that name! :P That should be a tough game, but it looks like anything can happen at the minute - Featherstone only beat Swinton by two points.. what is going on? :P I really believe that all the teams in the Championship division are pretty much equal this year. Batley have lost against Swinton and Keighley, yet we've won Featherstone and Leigh? None of it adds up because Featherstone go on to score a win against Castleford. Anyone could win this year.

We'll be going over to watch Batley Bulldogs vs. London Broncos on Sunday. The chances of winning are slim, but after reading an interview with John Kear on the Bulldogs website, it does seem they're pretty prepared - especially with the signing of Castleford Tigers' James Grehan. It should be a good game.

Mathew
29-04-2012, 03:31 PM
We've just got in from the Batley vs. London game.... what a match!! Final score was Bulldogs 16-22 Broncos and I really don't think we could have played any better. Every single member of the team were pumped up and ready - the whole crowd was behind them and London were left looking rather tired and bedraggled at the sloping pitch of Mount Pleasant. The referee was a Frenchman who has recently returned from a ban (he let a team have 7 tackles instead of the usual 6 - in the final tackle, they scored a try) - he missed absolutely loads and gave terrible decisions. In the final two minutes, Gareth Potts was racing against time to kick the ball, but a London player got there first... still, six points down isn't bad at all.

The weather was terrible too, which was probably favourable for us. The Broncos will have hated the game, rolling around in mud, rain beating down... with a slope uphill the second half. There were knock ons all round. Great game, just a shame we didn't bag six more points!

Lee
29-04-2012, 05:00 PM
We've just got in from the Batley vs. London game.... what a match!! Final score was Bulldogs 16-22 Broncos and I really don't think we could have played any better. Every single member of the team were pumped up and ready - the whole crowd was behind them and London were left looking rather tired and bedraggled at the sloping pitch of Mount Pleasant. The referee was a Frenchman who has recently returned from a ban (he let a team have 7 tackles instead of the usual 6 - in the final tackle, they scored a try) - he missed absolutely loads and gave terrible decisions. In the final two minutes, Gareth Potts was racing against time to kick the ball, but a London player got there first... still, six points down isn't bad at all.

The weather was terrible too, which was probably favourable for us. The Broncos will have hated the game, rolling around in mud, rain beating down... with a slope uphill the second half. There were knock ons all round. Great game, just a shame we didn't bag six more points!

Ah I see, well done on the performance FEV almost gave Wigan an embarresing defeat too. It's looking good for the champ teams all round at the moment! Thierry Alibert was recently suspended for giving a team and extra tackle so if he did it again as soon as he returned then hes in trouble :O

Mathew
29-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Ah I see, well done on the performance FEV almost gave Wigan an embarresing defeat too. It's looking good for the champ teams all round at the moment! Thierry Alibert was recently suspended for giving a team and extra tackle so if he did it again as soon as he returned then hes in trouble :O
Oh I know, I wanted Fev to win SOOOOOOOO much! :P Yeah we heard about that... I don't think he's fit for refereeing at all. I mean, you're always gonna hate them for one reason or another, but even I could see he was making a load of terrible decisions.

Lee
29-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh I know, I wanted Fev to win SOOOOOOOO much! :P Yeah we heard about that... I don't think he's fit for refereeing at all. I mean, you're always gonna hate them for one reason or another, but even I could see he was making a load of terrible decisions.

He was a good referee a few months ago but these past few games seem to have gone a bit downhill for him. Hopefully he'll work past it because the RFL won't do anything more than a one-match suspension and we can be doing with out any more clueless referees!

We have a break until next week where we play Cas away, its on sky on monday 3pm K/O. Amelia Lilly is performing too :P I wont be there because im working on the sunday night but ill watch :D

Mathew
29-04-2012, 07:41 PM
He was a good referee a few months ago but these past few games seem to have gone a bit downhill for him. Hopefully he'll work past it because the RFL won't do anything more than a one-match suspension and we can be doing with out any more clueless referees!

We have a break until next week where we play Cas away, its on sky on monday 3pm K/O. Amelia Lilly is performing too :P I wont be there because im working on the sunday night but ill watch :D
Yeah that's true. We have a rubbish one a few weeks ago and even a referee in the crowd said he was terrible. Shame that there's nothing you can do about it really. Other than hurl abuse like most people do. Obviously. :P!

Think you'll have much luck against Cas? We've got Hunslet away again next Sunday.

Lee
29-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah that's true. We have a rubbish one a few weeks ago and even a referee in the crowd said he was terrible. Shame that there's nothing you can do about it really. Other than hurl abuse like most people do. Obviously. :P!

Think you'll have much luck against Cas? We've got Hunslet away again next Sunday.

I do think we can win Cas tbh, Rangi Chase is still suspended so there's not reason why we can't. Anthony Watts was in my work last night, and the week before with Ah Van haha! And you can do hunslet easy! :)

Mathew
29-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I do think we can win Cas tbh, Rangi Chase is still suspended so there's not reason why we can't. Anthony Watts was in my work last night, and the week before with Ah Van haha! And you can do hunslet easy! :)
We've got Grehan from Castleford on loan but he didn't really do anything special today. The time we wanted him to perform the most too!! :( LOLOL that's pretty good - didn't fancy giving them some pointers? ;)

Lee
29-04-2012, 08:13 PM
We've got Grehan from Castleford on loan but he didn't really do anything special today. The time we wanted him to perform the most too!! :( LOLOL that's pretty good - didn't fancy giving them some pointers? ;)

Ooo that's not a bad loan, sounds promising! And watts was probably beaked up so it would of been useless. The little druggie!

Mathew
29-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Ooo that's not a bad loan, sounds promising! And watts was probably beaked up so it would of been useless. The little druggie!
LOLOL, I think they've all tried them at one point or another! George Flanagan, one of our best players who moved to Dewsbury this season because we wouldn't pay him more money, had a run in with drugs a few years ago. He had quite a lengthy ban but we kept him training so he was ready to play last season. Now he's moved... the cheek of it! :P

Paul Sykes from Bradford Bulls (moved to Wakefield on loan until the end of the year) goes into my Dad's shop sometimes.... David March from Wakefield does too! :P

Lee
29-04-2012, 08:23 PM
LOLOL, I think they've all tried them at one point or another! George Flanagan, one of our best players who moved to Dewsbury this season because we wouldn't pay him more money, had a run in with drugs a few years ago. He had quite a lengthy ban but we kept him training so he was ready to play last season. Now he's moved... the cheek of it! :P

Paul Sykes from Bradford Bulls (moved to Wakefield on loan until the end of the year) goes into my Dad's shop sometimes.... David March from Wakefield does too! :P

yeah haha Our Dave Allen had a hefty ban for it. Your dad should kidnap them and sign em for Batley!

Mathew
29-04-2012, 08:29 PM
yeah haha Our Dave Allen had a hefty ban for it. Your dad should kidnap them and sign em for Batley!

LOLOL, he kept hinting to Paul Sykes actually! He kept coming in and saying he wasn't getting played too often with Bradford, so naturally my Dad offered him an alternative team! :P

Lee
29-04-2012, 08:33 PM
LOLOL, he kept hinting to Paul Sykes actually! He kept coming in and saying he wasn't getting played too often with Bradford, so naturally my Dad offered him an alternative team! :P

hahaha! I've got my weekend ticket to Manchester Magic btw at city's ground. Going on the train with some mates r u going?

Mathew
29-04-2012, 08:37 PM
hahaha! I've got my weekend ticket to Manchester Magic btw at city's ground. Going on the train with some mates r u going?
Oh gosh no - rugby is the only sport that I'm into really, haha! :P

Lee
29-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh gosh no - rugby is the only sport that I'm into really, haha! :P
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CD4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Frugby-league%2Fnews%2F12204%2F7331799%2FManchester-s-Magic-weekend&ei=xaadT9vSA-qR0AXs1oH-Dg&usg=AFQjCNGj29QkcMR3b7tBw3_WxqmtqDjZMw&sig2=A42kOIvRH6h6t0LtTTxWkw

Mathew
29-04-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CD4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.skysports.com%2Frugby-league%2Fnews%2F12204%2F7331799%2FManchester-s-Magic-weekend&ei=xaadT9vSA-qR0AXs1oH-Dg&usg=AFQjCNGj29QkcMR3b7tBw3_WxqmtqDjZMw&sig2=A42kOIvRH6h6t0LtTTxWkw

OMG I never even knew about that - how cool. I want to go now... hmm.

Lee
29-04-2012, 08:58 PM
lol it's the same as Milenium Magic or Murrifield Magic, happens each year I can't wait. All the derbys over two days. They're all on SKY too :)

http://www.superleague.co.uk/page/magicweekend/713

Lee
04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Is anybody watching Wigan and Hull KR? The referee has just been stretchered off the field with a broken ankle!
Mathew;

Mathew
04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Is anybody watching Wigan and Hull KR? The referee has just been stretchered off the field with a broken ankle!
@Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230);

My Dad has been watching it and he called me over when it was happening! Apparently the referee was laughing and in good spirits, despite the pain. Bless him! :P I'm waiting for it to be put on YouTube so I can watch it now! :P

Lee
04-05-2012, 07:56 PM
My Dad has been watching it and he called me over when it was happening! Apparently the referee was laughing and in good spirits, despite the pain. Bless him! :P I'm waiting for it to be put on YouTube so I can watch it now! :P

Yeah, I seen the replay and his ankle just went the wrong way - I think he just positioned himself inbetween the fullback and the ball, and boom...

Mathew
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I seen the replay and his ankle just went the wrong way - I think he just positioned himself inbetween the fullback and the ball, and boom...

Well there's the issue right there. That's not a good place to be, haha! :P

Lee
08-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Well there's the issue right there. That's not a good place to be, haha! :P

I watched the match yesterday (us v Cas) and we started off brilliantly, and then from around half way through we just ran out of fuel and they ran through us to put more than 30 points on us. It was a disappointing result, one which I thought we could of won!

Mathew
08-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I watched the match yesterday (us v Cas) and we started off brilliantly, and then from around half way through we just ran out of fuel and they ran through us to put more than 30 points on us. It was a disappointing result, one which I thought we could of won!
That's the thing with Superleague teams. Whenever we play them, it seems pretty equal until the last 20 minutes or so and then you can really tell who is more physically fit. It's a shame you didn't get a win there - something needs to shake things up a bit! :P

Batley beat Hunslet 0-48 over at the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday. It felt good to nil them on their own turf! :P

Lee
09-05-2012, 05:06 PM
That's the thing with Superleague teams. Whenever we play them, it seems pretty equal until the last 20 minutes or so and then you can really tell who is more physically fit. It's a shame you didn't get a win there - something needs to shake things up a bit! :P

Batley beat Hunslet 0-48 over at the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday. It felt good to nil them on their own turf! :P

haha nice win! I heard on ♥RL that one of your ex players in on countdown next week:

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_8970-ex-batley-star-on-tv--s-countdown.html

Mathew
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
haha nice win! I heard on ♥RL that one of your ex players in on countdown next week:

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_8970-ex-batley-star-on-tv--s-countdown.html

LOLOL, I read this on Twitter earlier today! We have the Craig Lingard stand up at Mount Pleasant, haha! :P

Lanyon
11-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Manly Sea Eagles beat the Broncos.. woohoo!! :P

Lee
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Manly Sea Eagles beat the Broncos.. woohoo!! :P

Nice, what was the score??

Lanyon
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Nice, what was the score??

http://www.footytips.com.au/images/flags/NRL/NRL_BRIS.jpg Broncos 22
v
http://www.footytips.com.au/images/flags/NRL/NRL_MANL.jpg Sea Eagles 24

Lee
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.footytips.com.au/images/flags/NRL/NRL_BRIS.jpg Broncos 22
v
http://www.footytips.com.au/images/flags/NRL/NRL_MANL.jpg Sea Eagles 24

congrats, do you watch Superleague? I don't watch a lot of NRL atm :(

Mathew
20-05-2012, 03:17 PM
OMGGGGGGGGG... best game ever!! Batley vs. Halifax!! Halifax were top of the league and we've gone and beaten them 23-16... that was soooo tense, my hands are red raw and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

Wayne Rettie (former Batley player last year) headbutted Gareth Moore and got the red card for it - everyone was laughing and shouting abuse at him on the way off because it was honestly simply disgusting behaviour. Just shameful. Paul Handforth (last year's captain for Batley) was getting so angry and trying to cheat when Moore was converting. Halifax just don't like losing, it was fantastic.

Halifax is pretty much made up of ex-Batley players; 5 of them moved over there, plus our old coach.. Karl Harrison. Looks like John Kear is slightly better.. ;)
Fantastic game. I just want to watch it all over again!

Lee
20-05-2012, 03:33 PM
OMGGGGGGGGG... best game ever!! Batley vs. Halifax!! Halifax were top of the league and we've gone and beaten them 23-16... that was soooo tense, my hands are red raw and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

Wayne Rettie (former Batley player last year) headbutted Gareth Moore and got the red card for it - everyone was laughing and shouting abuse at him on the way off because it was honestly simply disgusting behaviour. Just shameful. Paul Handforth (last year's captain for Batley) was getting so angry and trying to cheat when Moore was converting. Halifax just don't like losing, it was fantastic.

Halifax is pretty much made up of ex-Batley players; 5 of them moved over there, plus our old coach.. Karl Harrison. Looks like John Kear is slightly better.. ;)
Fantastic game. I just want to watch it all over again!

Good stuff! haha at the red card poor conduct that.

We're currently playing Catalan, and its' 32-28 to them with about 20mins to go I am amazed at that! WTID!

Mathew
20-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Good stuff! haha at the red card poor conduct that.

We're currently playing Catalan, and its' 32-28 to them with about 20mins to go I am amazed at that! WTID!

34-36!!!!!!!!!! Going to be close! :O

Lee
20-05-2012, 03:52 PM
34-36!!!!!!!!!! Going to be close! :O

Final Score from the Stobart Stadium Halton, Widnes Vikings 34 Catalan Dragons 42. Att 4684. MOM 7. Rhys Hanbury

I am impressed with that, well done the lads sounds like a good effort. WIRE next week Im going manchester magic woo!

Mathew
20-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I am impressed with that, well done the lads sounds like a good effort. WIRE next week Im going manchester magic woo!
Not bad at all! Oh I'm jealous... Dad was talking about it the other day. 7 games of rugby in 2 days... fantastic! :)

Lee
20-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Not bad at all! Oh I'm jealous... Dad was talking about it the other day. 7 games of rugby in 2 days... fantastic! :)

yeah it's all the derby's other the 2 days! Can't wait :P All games are on sky sports too.

Mathew
24-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Been over to Sheffield for Sheffield Eagles vs. Batley Bulldogs this evening. Final score 26-16 to Sheffield, ugh!! Batley just lost it this evening for some reason; I'm guessing it's because there wasn't enough time inbetween Sunday's game and today's. One of Sheffield's tries was quite controversial and the video evidence clearly showed it was short of the try-line - I have no idea why it was allowed. Another of their tries was touched down with the player's chest, which is apparently allowed. I would have suggested it's losing control of the ball...

Ah well, Sheffield go to the top of the league now and our next game is against Hunslet on the 10th June 2012 - a while to go!

Lee
25-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Been over to Sheffield for Sheffield Eagles vs. Batley Bulldogs this evening. Final score 26-16 to Sheffield, ugh!! Batley just lost it this evening for some reason; I'm guessing it's because there wasn't enough time inbetween Sunday's game and today's. One of Sheffield's tries was quite controversial and the video evidence clearly showed it was short of the try-line - I have no idea why it was allowed. Another of their tries was touched down with the player's chest, which is apparently allowed. I would have suggested it's losing control of the ball...

Ah well, Sheffield go to the top of the league now and our next game is against Hunslet on the 10th June 2012 - a while to go!

Ah gutted, so excited for this weekend ooo not long now! It's pretty much certain that we'll loose however I don't care and if we can get a good game out of it showing promising play that'll do me!

Mathew
25-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Ah gutted, so excited for this weekend ooo not long now! It's pretty much certain that we'll loose however I don't care and if we can get a good game out of it showing promising play that'll do me!

Looks like you're in for a cracker of a weekend! We're considering going over to see Leeds vs. Wigan at the Galpharm Stadium when they play each other in the Challenge Cup. I've never seen two superleague teams play (only England vs. Australia in the Four Nations Cup Final) so it should be interesting to see the differences! :)

Lee
25-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Looks like you're in for a cracker of a weekend! We're considering going over to see Leeds vs. Wigan at the Galpharm Stadium when they play each other in the Challenge Cup. I've never seen two superleague teams play (only England vs. Australia in the Four Nations Cup Final) so it should be interesting to see the differences! :)

IMO opinion the league upgrade is so much faster play, which is why players in our team with no/poor fitness are dragging us back... That will be a good game :)

Mathew
25-05-2012, 10:45 PM
IMO opinion the league upgrade is so much faster play, which is why players in our team with no/poor fitness are dragging us back... That will be a good game :)

When you're watching a Superleague game on TV, you can just tell everything moves twice as fast. I was watching the highlights that they publish to YouTube and some of the tries are just fantastic. When Batley have played a Superleague team in the past, they're pretty equal until the final 15 minutes or so until you notice the difference in fitness and the fact that they can continue scoring tries whilst we're struggling to organise ourselves. I suppose it's their full-time job so you'd expect it really! :P

Lee
25-05-2012, 10:52 PM
When you're watching a Superleague game on TV, you can just tell everything moves twice as fast. I was watching the highlights that they publish to YouTube and some of the tries are just fantastic. When Batley have played a Superleague team in the past, they're pretty equal until the final 15 minutes or so until you notice the difference in fitness and the fact that they can continue scoring tries whilst we're struggling to organise ourselves. I suppose it's their full-time job so you'd expect it really! :P

Exactly, and when we **** our coach off and get somebody decent who also understands that we will thrive :)

Mathew
25-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Exactly, and when we **** our coach off and get somebody decent who also understands that we will thrive :)
What do you think the issue is? Is he just used to the lower championship and out of his depth in Superleague?

Lee
26-05-2012, 09:51 PM
What do you think the issue is? Is he just used to the lower championship and out of his depth in Superleague?

I have no idea, but ah van had an appauling game today just soooo lazy let too many tries in that shouldnt of been. Was a terrific day I loved every second to be absolutely honest I wasnt letting the defeat (68-4) get me down :) Nice tan and good news about Kevin Brown coming to us next season :O

Mathew
26-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I have no idea, but ah van had an appauling game today just soooo lazy let too many tries in that shouldnt of been. Was a terrific day I loved every second to be absolutely honest I wasnt letting the defeat (68-4) get me down :) Nice tan and good news about Kevin Brown coming to us next season :O
That really is a defeat and a half, but I'm sure the atmosphere was just electric for the whole duration! It must be such an amazing experience being around so many rugby league fans all supporting different teams. Tomorrow should be even better - I'm hoping to catch it on TV! :)

Lee
26-05-2012, 10:36 PM
That really is a defeat and a half, but I'm sure the atmosphere was just electric for the whole duration! It must be such an amazing experience being around so many rugby league fans all supporting different teams. Tomorrow should be even better - I'm hoping to catch it on TV! :)

Yeah, attendance was 30,000 today, will be well more tomorrow oooo so excited xD

Mathew
26-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, attendance was 30,000 today, will be well more tomorrow oooo so excited xD

Were there lots of empty seats? The Etihad is hugeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm sure Leeds, Wigan and Huddersfield will bring thousands tomorrow!

Lee
26-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Were there lots of empty seats? The Etihad is hugeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm sure Leeds, Wigan and Huddersfield will bring thousands tomorrow!

yeah yeah, and also your right. I tell you what the hull derby was a cracker! I was listening to the referee on a scanner-like thing too was rather interesting I seen dobsons yellow card coming before he reached in his pocket :L

Mathew
26-05-2012, 10:49 PM
yeah yeah, and also your right. I tell you what the hull derby was a cracker! I was listening to the referee on a scanner-like thing too was rather interesting I seen dobsons yellow card coming before he reached in his pocket :L

Oooo, that's pretty good. I remember at the Four Nations Cup Final there were random people selling the radios just inside the gates to Elland Road! :P Would be quite useful for me because I don't understand the hand signals half the time! :P

Mathew
27-05-2012, 07:21 PM
There was some really good rugby played today, I hope you had a nice time! The Huddersfield vs. Salford game was probably the most enjoyable for me; on one hand I wanted Huddersfield to win because we're only about 20 mins away... but then it's always nice for the underdog to win. I was really surprised that Salford could continue to keep outperforming the Giants; especially when they're up against the likes of Eorl Crabtree. Absolutely fantastic.

The scuffle in the St. Helens vs. Wigan game was extremely petty and I just hope it doesn't overshadow the whole event. It all stemmed from two of the front-rowers brushing their heads against one another. Ah well, it created some tension which gave the Saints a slight boost but it was still really inappropriate. Paul Wellens scored his 200th try for the Saints in that game too, but he seemed to be quite upset when he was being interviewed after the game. He gave no recognition of his achievement, commented that he was annoyed they lost and then walked off with his angry eyes wide open.

Lee
27-05-2012, 10:30 PM
There was some really good rugby played today, I hope you had a nice time! The Huddersfield vs. Salford game was probably the most enjoyable for me; on one hand I wanted Huddersfield to win because we're only about 20 mins away... but then it's always nice for the underdog to win. I was really surprised that Salford could continue to keep outperforming the Giants; especially when they're up against the likes of Eorl Crabtree. Absolutely fantastic.

The scuffle in the St. Helens vs. Wigan game was extremely petty and I just hope it doesn't overshadow the whole event. It all stemmed from two of the front-rowers brushing their heads against one another. Ah well, it created some tension which gave the Saints a slight boost but it was still really inappropriate. Paul Wellens scored his 200th try for the Saints in that game too, but he seemed to be quite upset when he was being interviewed after the game. He gave no recognition of his achievement, commented that he was annoyed they lost and then walked off with his angry eyes wide open.

Thanks matt, another cracking day in the sun I must say. Game of the day/weekend: Huddersfield and Salford!!! Made up with the day and tbh it was a boss weekend out. That scrap was mental hock is a brute and the saints player got dropped and then a red card too! Was a good uplift for a boring day imo. Like the commentry said no doubt it will be the headline of a really sucessful weekend :(

All in all cant wait for next year!

Mathew
27-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks matt, another cracking day in the sun I must say. Game of the day/weekend: Huddersfield and Salford!!! Made up with the day and tbh it was a boss weekend out. That scrap was mental hock is a brute and the saints player got dropped and then a red card too! Was a good uplift for a boring day imo. Like the commentry said no doubt it will be the headline of a really sucessful weekend :(

All in all cant wait for next year!
Oh indeed, I saw the sun blazing down on everyone.. I hope you got a nice tan! :P I was surprised by all the empty seats though - it's a shame that football can manage to attract twice as many supporters than rugby league, when the latter is clearly a better sport (I simply don't see the appeal with football)! I heard the attendance announcement though... something like 63,000 people over the two days? That's a whole lot of money.. :P

I'm gonna try and attend next year. I'm not too sure when the university term finishes (if I manage to get in, touch wood) so it could either be a weekend away or a welcome home outing! :P

Lee
28-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh indeed, I saw the sun blazing down on everyone.. I hope you got a nice tan! :P I was surprised by all the empty seats though - it's a shame that football can manage to attract twice as many supporters than rugby league, when the latter is clearly a better sport (I simply don't see the appeal with football)! I heard the attendance announcement though... something like 63,000 people over the two days? That's a whole lot of money.. :P

I'm gonna try and attend next year. I'm not too sure when the university term finishes (if I manage to get in, touch wood) so it could either be a weekend away or a welcome home outing! :P

On Saturday it was 30,000 and Sunday 32,300 or so, and just had this convo with Steve Ganson on twitter haha:

“@_Leon_Hunter_ (https://twitter.com/#!/_Leon_Hunter_): @SteveGanson (https://twitter.com/#!/SteveGanson) Did you like the fact that the crowd could hear everything you said this weekend?” should have my own show

Mathew
28-05-2012, 11:56 AM
On Saturday it was 30,000 and Sunday 32,300 or so, and just had this convo with Steve Ganson on twitter haha:
Hahaha, he really should have his own show. Brilliant.

Lee
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Hahaha, he really should have his own show. Brilliant.

Not long back from the match, and what a match can't believe we beat Huddersfield haha it was mental. The referee was awful, and nearly cost us the game if it wasn't for a last minute try with 30 seconds to go :O

Mathew
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Not long back from the match, and what a match can't believe we beat Huddersfield haha it was mental. The referee was awful, and nearly cost us the game if it wasn't for a last minute try with 30 seconds to go :O
I was at a Jubilee Party today with a load of Leeds Rhinos fans. You should have heard everyone when one of them announced the result for this game! Fantastic result for Widnes... what on earth are Huddersfield doing at the minute? They've had a pretty rough past few weeks!

Lee
04-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I was at a Jubilee Party today with a load of Leeds Rhinos fans. You should have heard everyone when one of them announced the result for this game! Fantastic result for Widnes... what on earth are Huddersfield doing at the minute? They've had a pretty rough past few weeks!

haha I bet that was interesting, and yeah I know all the top teams lost this week except wigan :/

Mathew
04-06-2012, 03:55 PM
haha I bet that was interesting, and yeah I know all the top teams lost this week except wigan :/
Dad and I were going to get tickets to see Leeds vs. Wigan at the Galpharm Stadium but we're not sure whether it's worth it after Leeds' performance a couple of days ago! Wigan are just too good!! :P!

Lee
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Dad and I were going to get tickets to see Leeds vs. Wigan at the Galpharm Stadium but we're not sure whether it's worth it after Leeds' performance a couple of days ago! Wigan are just too good!! :P!

Yeah, to be honest I can't see it being a repeat of friday's game next time I'm sure leeds will have been disciplined... (Maybe? :O) And why is it at the galpharm?

Mathew
04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, to be honest I can't see it being a repeat of friday's game next time I'm sure leeds will have been disciplined... (Maybe? :O) And why is it at the galpharm?

It's the semi-final of the Challenge Cup... whether that has anything to do with it, I don't know?! :P Well you'd hope they sort themselves out because Wigan just walked over them. They're both good teams when they're in the right frame of mind; the same can be said for Widnes! :P!

Lee
04-06-2012, 04:28 PM
It's the semi-final of the Challenge Cup... whether that has anything to do with it, I don't know?! :P Well you'd hope they sort themselves out because Wigan just walked over them. They're both good teams when they're in the right frame of mind; the same can be said for Widnes! :P!

Your right, and thanks :)

Yeah should be a cracker to be honest - also at about 11 on BBC1 tonight is the Super League show watch it for full highlights it's interesting :D

Lee
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Shocking result for us yesterday, we should have won London easily!

Lee
13-06-2012, 07:20 PM
State of Origin was amazing, it's replaying now on SkySports 2

Ardemax
21-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Well this seems to be a 2-man thread lol.

I don't really get rugby league, like I can't really watch it, it bores me. As soon as they get tackled they stand up and roll the ball through their legs? S:

It's all about the smashing in the union games haha! Also seeing as there isn't a thread dedicated to this, anyone been catching up with the southern hemisphere games?

Mathew
21-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Well this seems to be a 2-man thread lol.

I don't really get rugby league, like I can't really watch it, it bores me. As soon as they get tackled they stand up and roll the ball through their legs? S:

It's all about the smashing in the union games haha! Also seeing as there isn't a thread dedicated to this, anyone been catching up with the southern hemisphere games?

Ha, it's interesting how people's opinions can differ on it. I just don't "get" Rugby Union because they all just seem to pile on and run everywhere... hahaha.

Lee
21-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Ha, it's interesting how people's opinions can differ on it. I just don't "get" Rugby Union because they all just seem to pile on and run everywhere... hahaha.

This!

Rugby union is a lot fitter tbh compared to RL.

Ardemax
21-06-2012, 09:18 PM

This!

Rugby union is a lot fitter tbh compared to RL.

I guess it's because of the likes of Tuiliagi (can't spell) and George North looking so promising and menacing in the game. Also I like dump tackles. They're fun.

Lee
21-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I guess it's because of the likes of Tuiliagi (can't spell) and George North looking so promising and menacing in the game. Also I like dump tackles. They're fun.

Do you play yourself or just watch?

Ardemax
21-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Do you play yourself or just watch?

Just watch mainly. I was too small really to play in like yr8/yr9 when they did it in P.E. haha.

Love watching the Scarlets play!

Lee
21-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Just watch mainly. I was too small really to play in like yr8/yr9 when they did it in P.E. haha.

Love watching the Scarlets play!

Ah ok, you should keep an eye out for league when its next on BBC, they tend to explain things a lot more thoroughly than Sky because they think everyone watching doesnt know what it is :P

Ardemax
21-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Ah ok, you should keep an eye out for league when its next on BBC, they tend to explain things a lot more thoroughly than Sky because they think everyone watching doesnt know what it is :P

I remember watching one game and I can't for the life of me remember who was playing (I think they wore pink :S?),

Jonathon Davies was commentating and I had to double check that it wasn't rugby union. They were all getting excited when certain people were on the ball and I was thinking "who?". But meh, I guess it's not my cup of tea, though it clearly is a lot of peoples'!

Mathew
13-07-2012, 10:48 PM
GRRRRRRRRR, Lee; I NEED TO LET MY ANGER OUT TO SOMEONE!!

alright last night we played Sheffield Eagles... we haven't won them since 2003 so I thought TONIGHT WILL BE THE NIGHT. we got off to an excellent start and the score was 24-6 at half time... probably the best we've played in a while. second half we were playing uphill though, and Batley just lost it completely. the final score was 24-32... I have no idea what went wrong! it was just... saddening! :(

Tomorrow, Dad and I are going to the Leeds Rhinos vs. Wigan Warriors game over at the Galpharm Stadium for the Challenge Cup semi-final. This is the first Superleague game I will have attended so I'm really looking forward to the different style of play and faster pace. The only other big game I've attended is the Four Nations Cup Final last November at Elland Road (England vs. Australia)!! Woo, can't wait! :D

Lee
13-07-2012, 10:55 PM
GRRRRRRRRR, @Lee (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45160); I NEED TO LET MY ANGER OUT TO SOMEONE!!

alright last night we played Sheffield Eagles... we haven't won them since 2003 so I thought TONIGHT WILL BE THE NIGHT. we got off to an excellent start and the score was 24-6 at half time... probably the best we've played in a while. second half we were playing uphill though, and Batley just lost it completely. the final score was 24-32... I have no idea what went wrong! it was just... saddening! :(

Tomorrow, Dad and I are going to the Leeds Rhinos vs. Wigan Warriors game over at the Galpharm Stadium for the Challenge Cup semi-final. This is the first Superleague game I will have attended so I'm really looking forward to the different style of play and faster pace. The only other big game I've attended is the Four Nations Cup Final last November at Elland Road (England vs. Australia)!! Woo, can't wait! :D

Argh man, not many people here will sympathise with you but I completely understand how frustrating it is! Such a shame isn't it. Luckily Widnes seem to be doing good with their two-match streak haha! We have salford next friday I'm really hoping to make this a 3rd win and if CAS loose we'll be level with them on the table I believe - onwards and upwards.

woo enjoy the match I'll be watching at home - and I hate to break it to you but this doesn't class as your first super league game haha! Come and watch Widnes Salford that'l be a good first :P

Mathew
13-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Argh man, not many people here will sympathise with you but I completely understand how frustrating it is! Such a shame isn't it. Luckily Widnes seem to be doing good with their two-match streak haha! We have salford next friday I'm really hoping to make this a 3rd win and if CAS loose we'll be level with them on the table I believe - onwards and upwards.

woo enjoy the match I'll be watching at home - and I hate to break it to you but this doesn't class as your first super league game haha! Come and watch Widnes Salford that'l be a good first :P

Two match streak... tbh that's a huge improvement considering the pretty lacklustre start to the season. I'd say you could beat Salford easy... but then they went and gave the Giants a run for their money over the magic weekend so anything could happen! :P

Lee
14-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Two match streak... tbh that's a huge improvement considering the pretty lacklustre start to the season. I'd say you could beat Salford easy... but then they went and gave the Giants a run for their money over the magic weekend so anything could happen! :P

yeah I'm going on the coach so it should be interesting! Have a good time at the match I presume your currently enroute ;)

Mathew
14-07-2012, 02:57 PM
yeah I'm going on the coach so it should be interesting! Have a good time at the match I presume your currently enroute ;)

Leaving at 4:15pm! Will be taking photos and video for my blog, haha! :D

Lee
14-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Leaving at 4:15pm! Will be taking photos and video for my blog, haha! :D

Great let me know when their up! COME ON WIGAN, then they can beat wire in the final :)

Mathew
15-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Great let me know when their up! COME ON WIGAN, then they can beat wire in the final :)

Did you watch it?! OMG... it was just good, solid rugby league. I had a great time and it was such a fun way to introduce me to the Super League spirit!! I really want to go to more now, haha. Click the Wordpress link in my signature for photos and video!! :D

Lee
15-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Did you watch it?! OMG... it was just good, solid rugby league. I had a great time and it was such a fun way to introduce me to the Super League spirit!! I really want to go to more now, haha. Click the Wordpress link in my signature for photos and video!! :D

It was the best game of RL I've seen in a long time! Terrific match I wish I was there also, I'm glad Leeds pulled through since everybody started doubting them now lets hope Huddersfield do the same against wire today! Are you watching it - BBC2?

Also, loved the blog what did you record the video with it's ace quality!

Mathew
15-07-2012, 04:08 PM
It was the best game of RL I've seen in a long time! Terrific match I wish I was there also, I'm glad Leeds pulled through since everybody started doubting them now lets hope Huddersfield do the same against wire today! Are you watching it - BBC2?

Also, loved the blog what did you record the video with it's ace quality!

I agree! It was just an incredible atmosphere - the crowd went absoutely wild when Sam Tomkins left the ball and gave Leeds a 40/20... a side of me thinks it's always good when he makes a mistake, he's an excellent player! I didn't expect Leeds to win considering some of their performances this year but it was so good to see them get a win. Yeah we'll be watching the Huddersfield game... I feel so sorry for the opposition when they see Eorl Crabtree running towards them!

The video was recorded with my Sony DSC-HX9V - got it for Christmas last year! :D

Mathew
15-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Not looking good for Huddersfield! I was hoping it would be a Leeds vs. Huddersfield final - I live in the middle of them both so I wouldn't know which to support! :P Danny Brough used to live in my town in quite a rough part of it - his brother now lives on my street and he's been in trouble with the police on several occasions. Shame really considering he's a fantastic rugby player - the 40/20 was excellent.

Lee
15-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Not looking good for Huddersfield! I was hoping it would be a Leeds vs. Huddersfield final - I live in the middle of them both so I wouldn't know which to support! :P Danny Brough used to live in my town in quite a rough part of it - his brother now lives on my street and he's been in trouble with the police on several occasions. Shame really considering he's a fantastic rugby player - the 40/20 was excellent.

Huddersfield started great and I was rooting for a whole yorkshire final but they seemed uninterested in the end, naturally I dislike wire so come on Leeds!!

Mathew
15-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Huddersfield started great and I was rooting for a whole yorkshire final but they seemed uninterested in the end, naturally I dislike wire so come on Leeds!!
yeah I wanted that too because they're the two closest Super League teams to me... but then I suppose there'd be more rivalry if it was between counties too so there'd be more of an atmosphere. woooo Rhinos!!! :D:D

Lee
16-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Huddersfield let Nathan brown go after semi-final knockout...

Mathew
16-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Huddersfield let Nathan brown go after semi-final knockout...

bit silly considering they were doing so well at the start of the season. it's not his fault that Warrington have an excellent team.. :P!

Lee
21-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Mathew; was at the match last night, amazing turn out like a home game and excellent game of rugby by us :D

Lee
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Mathew; is that really there?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304638_456963967668965_199533990_n.jpg

Mathew
02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Lee,
I'm on holiday in Florida right now but I came on to check the Batley vs. Swinton score and it looks like we won 62-6!! What a result - it must have been a fantastic game... especially after we lost to them towards the start of the season! :P

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_9806-batley-unveil-new-stadium-sponsor.html

I've just read this and it would seem that it's true. Really good that we've found a sponsor. The stadiums have all had individual names but the ground has always been referred to as "Mount Pleasant" - it seems this may be it's new name?

Funny that you should come across that competition from 2010 btw... ;)!!

@Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230); is that really there?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304638_456963967668965_199533990_n.jpg

Mathew
13-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Lee; I woke up on Saturday at 2pm BST and only had one hour of sleep before going to bed Sunday night at 9:35pm BST. Dad and I went to see the Batley vs. Dewsbury local derby on Sunday afternoon... I was so tired but perked up and I was wide awake for the game!! :P Glad we won despite it being so close... we always struggle at their ground for some reason. Didn't wake up until 1:20pm this afternoon... 15 and a half hours sleep, haha.

Lee
13-08-2012, 08:04 PM
@Lee (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45160); I woke up on Saturday at 2pm BST and only had one hour of sleep before going to bed Sunday night at 9:35pm BST. Dad and I went to see the Batley vs. Dewsbury local derby on Sunday afternoon... I was so tired but perked up and I was wide awake for the game!! :P Glad we won despite it being so close... we always struggle at their ground for some reason. Didn't wake up until 1:20pm this afternoon... 15 and a half hours sleep, haha.

LOL, 168 replies of our back and two :O Nice, congrats on winning always the more special at a derby! Maybe we'll do the same against WIRE last game of the season :O 15+ hours sleep is an achievement in my eyes :P Hull FC at home on Saturday, Sky Sports 1 I'll be there :)

Mathew
13-08-2012, 08:13 PM
LOL, 168 replies of our back and two :O Nice, congrats on winning always the more special at a derby! Maybe we'll do the same against WIRE last game of the season :O 15+ hours sleep is an achievement in my eyes :P Hull FC at home on Saturday, Sky Sports 1 I'll be there :)
Hahaha, it's a shame there aren't any more enthusiasts! Of course, it's always good to get a win against Dewsbury - even more so when Dominic Brambani was there.. :P! Good luck for your last game... the season seems to have gone pretty quick!!

Lee
13-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Hahaha, it's a shame there aren't any more enthusiasts! Of course, it's always good to get a win against Dewsbury - even more so when Dominic Brambani was there.. :P! Good luck for your last game... the season seems to have gone pretty quick!!

Ikr, and yeah haha I bet it is :O Thanks I agree it's gone far too quick imo - looking forward to the footy now though hehe! We'll need'a let this thread die and revive it in Feb :O

Mathew
13-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Ikr, and yeah haha I bet it is :O Thanks I agree it's gone far too quick imo - looking forward to the footy now though hehe! We'll need'a let this thread die and revive it in Feb :O
I have no interest at all in football so you'll have to wander into the other threads for that!! ;) Hopefully I'll come across the thread again! It's going to be difficult for me to watch the rugby next season if I make it into university... I'm wanting someone to buy the DVDs and mail them to me, haha! :P

Lee
14-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I have no interest at all in football so you'll have to wander into the other threads for that!! ;) Hopefully I'll come across the thread again! It's going to be difficult for me to watch the rugby next season if I make it into university... I'm wanting someone to buy the DVDs and mail them to me, haha! :P

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_9910-batley-set-for-second-major-announcement.html - How exciting :P

Mathew
14-08-2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_9910-batley-set-for-second-major-announcement.html - How exciting :P

I read about this somewhere... think it was on Facebook. I wonder what it is!! Hopefully we'll be going up to the Mount on Sunday! :)

Lee
14-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I read about this somewhere... think it was on Facebook. I wonder what it is!! Hopefully we'll be going up to the Mount on Sunday! :)

Did I read right it was an extension of a current sponsor? Who knows gotta be a good think though haha.

Mathew
14-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Did I read right it was an extension of a current sponsor? Who knows gotta be a good think though haha.

Yeah but it says it will be "a first of its kind" so I don't know what's so different about extending a sponsorship?! They better not get my hopes up for nothing! :P

Mathew
19-08-2012, 07:23 PM
@Lee (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45160);

New partnership with Boococks!! :)

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/imag0408.jpg

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/imag0409.jpg

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/imag0410.jpg

http://mathewgillings.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/imag0412.jpg

Lee
19-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Ohh wow that's great, excellent news for the club too :) Did you see Widnes and Hull yesterday?

Mathew
19-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Ohh wow that's great, excellent news for the club too :) Did you see Widnes and Hull yesterday?
Yeah it is! :D

We were at a BBQ yesterday with family and friends, who were all Rhinos supporters, so we all had a look at the scores. Don't you think all the scores are really surprising? The Broncos won against Warrington, and the Catalans won against Leeds. How is that even possible?! Such a good results for Widnes though; they have the same amount of points as Castleford and London now. They just needed some time to settle in! :D

Lee
19-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah it is! :D

We were at a BBQ yesterday with family and friends, who were all Rhinos supporters, so we all had a look at the scores. Don't you think all the scores are really surprising? The Broncos won against Warrington, and the Catalans won against Leeds. How is that even possible?! Such a good results for Widnes though; they have the same amount of points as Castleford and London now. They just needed some time to settle in! :D

Yeah wire had 8 first team players resting for the final next week, however that is no excuse for the margin of their loss imo! And yeah it was an electrifiying match to be in the crowd off!!! We have had briscoe out for a while and kavagnah out for the season, plus flynn for a few games. All 3 played though and they all put in full effort to make the difference. Bring on Wakefield :D

Mathew
19-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah wire had 8 first team players resting for the final next week, however that is no excuse for the margin of their loss imo! And yeah it was an electrifiying match to be in the crowd off!!! We have had briscoe out for a while and kavagnah out for the season, plus flynn for a few games. All 3 played though and they all put in full effort to make the difference. Bring on Wakefield :D
Ahhhh, it should be an excellent game next week. We have family heading down to Wembley on Saturday, then coming back up on Sunday in time for a BBQ for my birthday (exactly one month later)! You'd think a team in the final would be able to fend the Broncos off with their eyes closed.

Have you noticed the home crowds getting any bigger at Widnes.. do more Widnes fans attend now you're in the Super League? I know you have a huge stadium... is it used just for rugby? Do you ever manage to fill it? :)

Lee
19-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Ahhhh, it should be an excellent game next week. We have family heading down to Wembley on Saturday, then coming back up on Sunday in time for a BBQ for my birthday (exactly one month later)! You'd think a team in the final would be able to fend the Broncos off with their eyes closed.
Woop! Come on Leeds :D

Have you noticed the home crowds getting any bigger at Widnes.. do more Widnes fans attend now you're in the Super League? I know you have a huge stadium... is it used just for rugby? Do you ever manage to fill it? :)

Yea, used to get 3,000 peak for the highly popular championship games, easily hitting 5/6000 on average now. The stadium holds 13.5 thousand, and is used for the rugby and everton reserves (Well I don't know if everton reverses still use it tbh probably do. I haven't noticed it full, im hoping last home game of the season against wire will be 8000+ It's a brutal derby. Here's to hoping lol.

Mathew
19-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Woop! Come on Leeds :D

Yea, used to get 3,000 peak for the highly popular championship games, easily hitting 5/6000 on average now. The stadium holds 13.5 thousand, and is used for the rugby and everton reserves (Well I don't know if everton reverses still use it tbh probably do. I haven't noticed it full, im hoping last home game of the season against wire will be 8000+ It's a brutal derby. Here's to hoping lol.
That's really good. We have noticed that the crowds at Batley have increased recently. The team has gradually improved over the past few years, and so has the amount of supporters. I just wondered if the transition to Super League makes any kind of difference, and it appears it does!

Funny you should mention a derby. They're all local derbies that make up the Magic Weekend, but I do quite like it when there's a Yorkshire / Lancashire rivalry like at the Leeds vs. Wigan game. It means everyone can get involved that way! Should get 8000+ easily though! :D

Fawnicate
24-08-2012, 09:40 PM
This is definitely ma fave thread! Finally other people who like league, haha.
I'm playing in a couple of hours. :)

Mathew
24-08-2012, 09:42 PM
This is definitely ma fave thread! Finally other people who like league, haha.
I'm playing in a couple of hours. :)
Haha, welcome! It just seems to be Lee; and I posting in here these days! :P

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL TOMORROW OMG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Lee
24-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Haha, welcome! It just seems to be @Lee (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45160); and I posting in here these days! :P

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL TOMORROW OMG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WOOOOO Can't wait im working til 4 i'll watch it on sky+ as soon as I get home. COME ON LEEDS!
Fawnicate; welcome, your a female rugby player? Nice who do you play for?

Mathew
24-08-2012, 09:53 PM
WOOOOO Can't wait im working til 4 i'll watch it on sky+ as soon as I get home. COME ON LEEDS!
@Fawnicate (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=106315); welcome, your a female rugby player? Nice who do you play for?

WOOO!! YES COME ON LEEDS!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Hahaha, trust you to ask something like that... ;)

Lee
24-08-2012, 09:55 PM
WOOO!! YES COME ON LEEDS!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Hahaha, trust you to ask something like that... ;)

It come out wrong ;o It's a less common game for females as it is, so finding a female player on here is great haha! Nothing wrong with asking who she plays for :)

Fawnicate
24-08-2012, 11:26 PM
You're not wrong! I play for a club on Saturdays and I've just got into the school girl's Barbarian team, so pretty thrilled about that.
Who you barrack for? Will always love the Storms ay. :)

Mathew
25-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Shame about the Leeds score. Really thought they had it in them this year... :(!
Lee;

Lee
27-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Shame about the Leeds score. Really thought they had it in them this year... :(!
@Lee (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45160);

Yeah I know it's a huge disappointment. Ah well moving on from wire we have wakefield on Sunday on sky sports ill be watching :D

Mathew
27-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah I know it's a huge disappointment. Ah well moving on from wire we have wakefield on Sunday on sky sports ill be watching :D

Oh, Wakefield should be a piece of cake! ;) We have Halifax. BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNN!!

Lee
27-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh, Wakefield should be a piece of cake! ;) We have Halifax. BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNN!!

Theyre on form though! And yeah that should be good. It would be great to see Batley in super league and it's becoming more of a reality imo now. Halifax will probably be next in to replace bradford unless they convince the RFL in two years time they have sufficient sustainable funds.

Mathew
27-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Theyre on form though! And yeah that should be good. It would be great to see Batley in super league and it's becoming more of a reality imo now. Halifax will probably be next in to replace bradford unless they convince the RFL in two years time they have sufficient sustainable funds.
I was discussing the possibility of Batley in the Super League with my Dad, but we don't think we have the ground space. I mean, Castleford have a pretty small ground but perhaps it's just in comparison to the likes of Widnes and Leeds. There was talk of Halifax going up but that's only if Bradford go down I think. Bit annoying too considering Halifax consists of a lot of ex-Batley players! :P

Lee
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I was discussing the possibility of Batley in the Super League with my Dad, but we don't think we have the ground space. I mean, Castleford have a pretty small ground but perhaps it's just in comparison to the likes of Widnes and Leeds. There was talk of Halifax going up but that's only if Bradford go down I think. Bit annoying too considering Halifax consists of a lot of ex-Batley players! :P

I think Bradford are safe on that front now, they've been bought and are submitting a report to the RFL this week. We play Wakefield tonight and if we win we should not finish bottom! Can't wait it's on Sky Sports 2 :)

Mathew
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I think Bradford are safe on that front now, they've been bought and are submitting a report to the RFL this week. We play Wakefield tonight and if we win we should not finish bottom! Can't wait it's on Sky Sports 2 :)

Glad Bradford sorted themselves out. I don't want Featherstone or Halifax getting all smug about going up.. :P Should be a good game tonight... good luck! :)

Just been over to Halifax... such a tense game. Final score was 26-20 to Halifax, but we were winning 14-6 at half-time. So near, yet so far! Into the play-offs now!

Lee
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Glad Bradford sorted themselves out. I don't want Featherstone or Halifax getting all smug about going up.. :P Should be a good game tonight... good luck! :)

Just been over to Halifax... such a tense game. Final score was 26-20 to Halifax, but we were winning 14-6 at half-time. So near, yet so far! Into the play-offs now!

Ah unfortunate, I noticed you where winning at half time I presumed it would be the same at the end :( Best of luck in the play offs!!!

Arron
18-09-2012, 11:20 AM
So as we move closer and closer to the Grand Final with less than three weeks to go things are hotting up in the race to the Grand Final!

We saw Wigan and Saints both victorious over the weekend each earning their place in the Semi-Finals and earning a week off while Hull and Leeds were triumphant over their respective opponents, eliminating Huddersfield and Wakefield from the Play-Offs. Catalans (who lost against Wigan) will be given a second chance as they finished the league in the top four and will face Leeds. Hull battle Warrington (who also get a second chance after finishing 2nd) this weekend in two games where the losing teams will not have another second chance.

So, what team are you routing for?

I'm a Saints fan myself and their victory over Warrington was amazing. I was there at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington when Lomax's terrific dummy secured Saints' win when Makinson scored his second try of the evening.

It should be a great build up to Old Trafford and I personally can't wait.

Merged by Lee (Forum Super Moderator).

Lee
18-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Widnes fan here, would like to see a team like Hull win it. Although if it's not wire there's no problem :)

Mathew
18-09-2012, 03:52 PM
COME ON LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I largely follow Batley Bulldogs in the league below, but we got knocked out by Sheffield Eagles a couple of weeks ago so I'll probably keep track of the two finals now (we haven't won the Eagles since something like 1995, grr)! Nice to see another Rugby League fan on the forum: a Saints fan too... it looks like you've signed our star player, Alex Walmsley. He came to us last year from Dewsbury Celtic and each and every match, he's been one of our best players. It's crazy to think that he's only been playing profesionally for a year (with Batley) and you can already see such huge potential - he's going to play for England one day... a cracking player. He's only 21 too. Thankfully, we have him on dual-contract so whenever the Saints want to give him a rest, we can hopefully have him back here, haha. :P

Arron
19-09-2012, 12:28 PM
a Saints fan too... it looks like you've signed our star player, Alex Walmsley. He came to us last year from Dewsbury Celtic and each and every match, he's been one of our best players. It's crazy to think that he's only been playing profesionally for a year (with Batley) and you can already see such huge potential - he's going to play for England one day... a cracking player. He's only 21 too. Thankfully, we have him on dual-contract so whenever the Saints want to give him a rest, we can hopefully have him back here, haha. :P

I read about this new signing this morning. I've never watched him play before but he sounds like an interesting signing.

Mathew
19-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I read about this new signing this morning. I've never watched him play before but he sounds like an interesting signing.

He can pretty much just walk over the defence, it's crazy! He scored from the half-way line the other week too... just ran straight past them and went for it. Amazing to watch.

Arron
29-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Wow what a game that was last night at the DW! Leeds won it by a point. Sinfield was world class.

Now Saints later on COYS.

Lee
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Can't wait for the grand final on Saturday! Come on Saints!

Arron
03-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Can't wait for the grand final on Saturday! Come on Saints!

awkward

Lee
03-10-2012, 02:13 PM
awkward

Loool :(

Lee
05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
awkward

You a leeds fan or wire... It will be awkward if your a wire :(

Arron
12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
You a leeds fan or wire... It will be awkward if your a wire :(

Saints fan.

Lee
18-10-2012, 01:51 PM
@Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230); Arron

troubles on the horizon for salford!

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_10476-salford-issued-winding-up-order.html

Mathew
18-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh dear, nobody seems to be having much luck at the moment!

Arron
18-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Ahh that's a shame, especially having recently moved into their new stadium.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!