PDA

View Full Version : Results Day - March 2012

Mathew
06-03-2012, 06:42 PM
It's Results Day on Thursday 8th March 2012 for the exams taken at the start of the year.

I should be receiving results for two General Studies exams, an English Language resit, a Sociology Unit 1 resit and the Sociology Unit 3 paper. The two resits were in an attempt to bump the grade to a higher A, but my confidence is getting lower as the days drag on! I get nervous just thinking about it.. :(

Who's expecting some results, and for which subjects? :D!

dbgtz
06-03-2012, 07:13 PM
I will be getting Maths core 1, Law & Computing (COMP2 I think...). Yesterday my Law teacher came up to me saying "I have the potential to become a good student", so that could mean he has seen my Law result and it's probably either really good or really bad. Either way, I'm essentially prepared with the fact I may have to resit them which would be bloody annoying if I need to resit my maths because then I would have 3 exams in a row on the same day (as they clash) at around 1 hour 30 minutes each, thats a lot of time.

Anyway good luck to all.

Shar
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not expecting to do well in one subject and I have high expectations in another but I guess I have to wait and see what the outcome is. Good luck guys :)

Jordan
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I am expecting a Biology and Chemistry which were retakes to get a higher grade. A history, geography and english grade too. However I know I did awful at English so will have to retake that I think.

Mr-Trainor
06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I'll be getting results for Maths (C1), Economics, ICT and Politics. I'm definitely not looking forward to Economics, and not really looking forward to maths either :(.

Chippiewill
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I'll be getting Stats One back. Parents evening on the same day as well. FUN.

garriet
06-03-2012, 08:40 PM
i'll be getting the results for my biology, physics, chemistry & geography which are all part of my gcse's.

but i'm so scared, i don't want to see them, haha! :(

Rozi
06-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm getting my history retake back which I hope will be a good B

and then getting a A2 psychology module back which there is no chance that I got a good mark.....

Shar
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm getting my history retake back which I hope will be a good B

and then getting a A2 psychology module back which there is no chance that I got a good mark.....
I'm sure you didn't do that bad in psychology and you can always retake!
I really want an A in psychology and I'll be so annoyed if I don't get it.

MKR&*42
06-03-2012, 09:01 PM
i'll be getting the results for my biology, physics, chemistry & geography which are all part of my gcse's.

but i'm so scared, i don't want to see them, haha! :(

What year you in again Harriet? 10 or 11 - I always forget :P

GCSE Chemistry + Biology + 2 ISAs (or CAUs) - maybe R.S, I forgot :L

garriet
06-03-2012, 09:03 PM
What year you in again Harriet? 10 or 11 - I always forget :P

GCSE Chemistry + Biology + 2 ISAs (or CAUs) - maybe R.S, I forgot :L

i'm in year 10 haha, good luck with your results warren! :) x

MKR&*42
06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
i'm in year 10 haha, good luck with your results warren! :) x

Thanksss, you too :) - I get the science results on the day of my college interview (13th March) aha :P. It'll either be a disastrous day for me or a fabulous day :3

Richie
07-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Sad to say, too old for this ****. Best of luck to you all, you all seem like an intelligent bunch so I'm sure you'll do fine :P

GirlNextDoor15
07-03-2012, 06:31 AM
A level results today at my country. So, all the best to all of you. You are all gonna get good results dont worry

Hollie
07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm getting chemistry and biology, hope I do alright cause I really dont wanna hake retake them. :(

Jazz
07-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Good luck to everyone, I'm personally not expecting any. But the best of luck to those who are! :-)

Nemo
07-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Good luck everyone

I'm getting my Mechanics 2 result which is hopefully at least a C (from a U :P) and my decision 1 result which is hopefully an A/A* (from a u aswell :<)

here's hopin.

geo
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I think I'll be getting some results for a test we did way back, well, that is what I've been told is happening. Anyway, best of luck to everyone! x

Ellz
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm expecting results from my ICT Unit 1 exam and a General Studies exam!

Good luck all :D

MKR&*42
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Mk, failed at the last post cause I found out today when we get all our results;

Tomorrow :L

Getting poetry, R.S, Science x 2 and Business Studies ( < I think ). Fun days

Andeeh
07-03-2012, 06:54 PM
did alright in first year at college so managed to get no January exams instead all being this summer :( Good luck to those that do

Samantha
08-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I got my English Language and Media Studies results.

Just got them now.

Media: U (FAILED BY ONE MARK)
English Language: D (JUST)

Chris
08-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm not getting any, but good luck to everyone who is :)

Vause
08-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm not getting results seeing as I don't go to college, but good luck to everyone! Hope you get what you were aiming for :)

dbgtz
08-03-2012, 11:34 AM
C - Computing. Better then I expected as some questions some confused me and lots of others. Will resit.
C - Law. I hoped for better but I guess I'll just resit it.
B - Maths. Quite happy with this.

However there was one thing that frustrated me with all of these, they were only a couple of marks off of the next grade, all 3 of them. Bloody annoying.

Nemo
08-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Got BCC, up from UUC.

B in Decision, up from a U. Was hoping for an A but no big deal really.
C in Mechanics 1, same as before. Really disappointed about that actually D: Felt like a B/A
C in Mechanics 2. I HATE MECHANICS. So i'm happy with that, up from a U.

Decent result.

Plebings
08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
unlucky if you didn't get what you wanted :(
congrats if you did though!

and good luck to everyone else xx

beth
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
good luck to everyone who's getting results today :) x

geo
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Got ICT results back, I got a C..
I'm happy with a C but my dad won't be. It was one of the hardest tests I've ever done, I might retake hmm.

garriet
08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
i was happy with my results but not overly pleased (probably because i have high expectations of myself)... at least i passed them all haha

biology - c (going to retake)
chemistry - b
physics - c (going to retake)
geography - b (3 marks off an a)

i hate being so close to grade boundaries!! :(

MKR&*42
08-03-2012, 03:50 PM
i was happy with my results but not overly pleased (probably because i have high expectations of myself)... at least i passed them all haha

biology - c (going to retake)
chemistry - b
physics - c (going to retake)
geography - b (3 marks off an a)

i hate being so close to grade boundaries!! :(

Hai harriet <3, being super close always sucks aha D:

Mine today (GCSE - yr 11)

English Literature (poetry exam) - C
Chemistry - C ( 5 off A)
Biology - A
Business studies (exam) - A ( 6 from A*)
R.S - A* ( 2 off top marks)

I'm literally over the moon at my results. I was predicted D for literature (went up to C just before exam and I maintained it :P) and I thought I had completely failed Biology and chemistry (was even more joyous when I was told I had one of the highest biology results out of the year).

I found that everyone at school got really bad grades for Biology and Chemistry - generally Cs/Ds/Es and apparently English was marked rather harshly (can't confirm it) - however my friend did manage to get full marks (believe he was the only one to do so - most got **/Cs/Ds).

No more exams or exam results till May now :)

iBlueBox
08-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Got ICT results back, I got a C..
I'm happy with a C but my dad won't be. It was one of the hardest tests I've ever done, I might retake hmm.

What board? I think we use WJEC and our ICT teacher wouldn't allow us to do the January exam as he wanted everyone to build up and get full marks on course work first.

Philosophy & Ethics D - Wasn't far from a C, generally though a lot of people who did RE didn't get great. I'll re sit in summer.
Travel & Tourism C - Happy with that as I hate the subject not really anything I wanted to take.

Cheryl
08-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Urgh.

GCSEs

Chemistry 2 - C (3 marks off B- Retake)
Biology 2 - B (2 marks off A- Might retake, or make up marks in final module?)
English Lit - B (2 marks off A- Won't retake as it's a controlled assessment and cba with another 2 hours for 2 marks, will make up in other CAs)

Not too happy overall.

Chippiewill
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Probability and Statistics (AS) - A - 100/100

Pretty chuffed.

Inseriousity.
08-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Fingers crossed that Mathew's done well to avoidhis huge lectures. ;)

Well done to everyone, gutted if you're close to grade boundaries, harsh marking. Good thing about January tests are the chances to resit :D

dbgtz
08-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Probability and Statistics (AS) - A - 100/100

Pretty chuffed.

That's complete ****, you should do much better then that.

Lol jk obviously, nice one.

Jurv
08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
English Literature - B, two marks from an A. :(
Science Core & Additional - C & B

I'm quite happy with my results, haha. :)

Amberr
08-03-2012, 05:39 PM
yeah i didnt do very well as expected retakes for me :(

=Lizzy
08-03-2012, 05:45 PM
got a B 1 mark off an A in my biology gonna retake

only did that one

Jordan
08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
A* in Geography
B in Biology
B in Chemistry
C in English
E in History

Can't believe the E, I thought I did so well :L :@

Matthew
08-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Only got 2 back as a lot of my subjects are igcse and so arent modular

ICT (2nd module) A*
Biology B2 - A* (full marks :-))

Naturally I'mquite​ pleased :P

beth
08-03-2012, 06:25 PM
i hate to piss on peoples parade but i honest to god cannot believe the amount of people getting full marks in things. when i was doing my gcse's this was practically unheard of.

Mr-Trainor
08-03-2012, 06:37 PM
ICT - A - happy with that considering I had to rush it towards the end
Politics - B - was expecting around this
Maths - B - wasn't expecting that at all, so was a pleasant surprise :P. 1 mark off an A though!
Economics - C - again, wasn't expecting it to be this good so I'm fine with it :D.

Chippiewill
08-03-2012, 07:01 PM
i hate to piss on peoples parade but i honest to god cannot believe the amount of people getting full marks in things. when i was doing my gcse's this was practically unheard of.

http://i.imgur.com/VXycN.jpg

Markeh
08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
ugh... B in Applied ICT coursework (wanted an A)
C in Applied ICT exam (being made to retake despite being the best student within the entire school and one of only three that didn't get a U)
E in Physics (really depressed about this - i tried so bloody hard in that exam and its all for nothing)

looks like uni may not happen...

beth
08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VXycN.jpg

i wasn't referring to disbelieving you, i was referring to the age old thing of exams getting easier haha it just seems so odd to me that people are getting 100/100.

Chippiewill
08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I think it's mostly that people on Habbox are pretty smart because they don't spend their time out on the estate doing drugs, they sit on their computer playing Habbo and then compulsively study for their exams.

That and 100/100 isn't actually full marks because of the way UMS works, I think I could have gotten 70/72 in actual marks and still gotten 100/100.

beth
08-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I think it's mostly that people on Habbox are pretty smart because they don't spend their time out on the estate doing drugs, they sit on their computer playing Habbo and then compulsively study for their exams.

That and 100/100 isn't actually full marks because of the way UMS works, I think I could have gotten 70/72 in actual marks and still gotten 100/100.

well that's a nice view to have of society. and tbh not really talking about a levels, i've seen some recent gcse papers and compared to the stuff that used to be on the papers, ha.

plus everything is modular now i guess so it's a bit more likeable, my exams were mainly one exam at the end of year 11 for 2 years work.

Inseriousity.
08-03-2012, 07:50 PM
well that's a nice view to have of society. and tbh not really talking about a levels, i've seen some recent gcse papers and compared to the stuff that used to be on the papers, ha.

plus everything is modular now i guess so it's a bit more likeable, my exams were mainly one exam at the end of year 11 for 2 years work.

haha can tell you're getting old when you start the "EXAMS ARE GETTING EASIER" :P
tbh i think its all like who wants to be a millionare. you either know it or you don't. so yes O Level papers were probably harder cos we haven't learnt anything but you could guarantee that give someone who did an O level a GCSE paper, they'd struggle as well (especially with things that have changed like the metric system. "we used to measure things in feet and inches, not centimetres" etc).

Chippiewill
08-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Modular is a bit of a joke for GCSE actually, there's so little to learn in the first place. A test of regurgitating knowledge isn't very meaningful.

Shar
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I got two B's one mark off an A in one and two in another :@

Matthew
08-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Yeah this. For my biology, I know for a fact that I didn't get full marks because I made a stupid mistake, but thanks to UMS I got 100/100.

Mathew
08-03-2012, 11:07 PM
lol, I often ponder about whether there's some actual truth in this. For years, I never really thought "smart people" would use Habbox but after reading the results threads every year since I joined, it's clear to see that it's not the case.

Results Day went really well for me.
English Language Resit - A
General Studies - A
General Studies - A
Sociology Unit 1 Resit - C
Sociology Unit 3 - A

I managed to get a higher A in English Language, thankfully!

The Sociology Unit 1 resit was a bit messy, although I got a B in summer so I'll probably stick with that... not sure yet.
Thankfully, I got 79/80 UMS marks in the Sociology Unit 3 exam. When you add that to 118/120 UMS marks in Unit 2, I only need to get around half marks in the final exam to get the A.

Oh and to top it all off, I've just got back from the Batley vs. Leigh rugby game where we won, wooo! :D

beth
09-03-2012, 05:23 AM
can someone explain this ums to me it all sounds very intriguing.

Mathew
09-03-2012, 07:59 AM
can someone explain this ums to me it all sounds very intriguing.
UMS stands for Uniform Mark Scale and it's the way of standardising the grades across all subjects. For example, you may sit an exam in January but then get a higher raw mark in the summer; this looks good on the surface, but you need to take into account the fact that the summer exam may have simply been easier - hence you convert it to a UMS mark.

This is especially good because you can work out how many UMS marks you need in the final module in order to get the grade you want (like my Sociology example in the other post). It can take quite a bit of working out as you need to add the different UMS marks from the different modules, then take it away from the amount you need for an A. There's a chart with the UMS boundaries, depending on whether it's a two, three, four or six unit course.

Samantha
09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Had a talk with my media teacher today, he was shocked that I ended up with a U for the exam (1 mark off passing urgh) and said without resitting I can get a D which is what I wanted anyway I just need to make sure I get about 75 marks out of 100 for my coursework :D!

Shar
09-03-2012, 02:09 PM
lol, I often ponder about whether there's some actual truth in this. For years, I never really thought "smart people" would use Habbox but after reading the results threads every year since I joined, it's clear to see that it's not the case.

Results Day went really well for me.
English Language Resit - A
General Studies - A
General Studies - A
Sociology Unit 1 Resit - C
Sociology Unit 3 - A

I managed to get a higher A in English Language, thankfully!

The Sociology Unit 1 resit was a bit messy, although I got a B in summer so I'll probably stick with that... not sure yet.
Thankfully, I got 79/80 UMS marks in the Sociology Unit 3 exam. When you add that to 118/120 UMS marks in Unit 2, I only need to get around half marks in the final exam to get the A.

Oh and to top it all off, I've just got back from the Batley vs. Leigh rugby game where we won, wooo! :D
Well done Mathew!

I did quite bad in my re-take too but I did better in it in June so I'm just leaving it now. I've been working out UMS too and I'm going to have to work harder than I've ever worked before to get an A in all my subjects if not though I'd be happy if not a little bit disappointed, with B's.

Cerys
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
My first results day was okayyy :P

Physics - B
Geography - A*

Pretty pleased with myself, but my mum still thinks a B isn't good enough, for the job I want... xD

dbgtz
10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
My first results day was okayyy :P

Physics - B
Geography - A*

Pretty pleased with myself, but my mum still thinks a B isn't good enough, for the job I want... xD

Wait... how old are you? XD Also it depends what job you want.

Cerys
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Wait... how old are you? XD Also it depends what job you want.

13, almost 14, but our school starts GCSEs early and does them in a really weird way.
And I want to be a clinical biochemist, so I need A's in everything apparantly x.x

dbgtz
10-03-2012, 08:07 PM
13, almost 14, but our school starts GCSEs early and does them in a really weird way.
And I want to be a clinical biochemist, so I need A's in everything apparantly x.x

I was more referring to the fact you're already thinking of a job, thinking that you were more 16/17 when I was sure you were younger. My school also started GCSEs quite early so it's not weird to me :P. I'm guessing that Physics test was a modular exam so even if you did need an A you could just try harder on the next ones to balance it out. Also your mum in theory could be right, I'm assuming you would need to go to university. Grades would then be dependant on the university itself. Besides as far as I'm aware, as long as you get enough good GCSEs (two being maths and English), then you'll be fine as long as you get decent at A level.

Cerys
10-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I was more referring to the fact you're already thinking of a job, thinking that you were more 16/17 when I was sure you were younger. My school also started GCSEs quite early so it's not weird to me :P. I'm guessing that Physics test was a modular exam so even if you did need an A you could just try harder on the next ones to balance it out. Also your mum in theory could be right, I'm assuming you would need to go to university. Grades would then be dependant on the university itself. Besides as far as I'm aware, as long as you get enough good GCSEs (two being maths and English), then you'll be fine as long as you get decent at A level.

Ahh, Right. I'm one of those people who like to plan out their entire life. :P

I'm not too sure tbh. I'm pretty sure that the physics exam grade is your actual grade for Physics, because all of next year we're doing chemistry and the rest of this year we're doing biology, then in year 11 (im in year 9) we can do triple science.

I have no clue how our school actually works... it confuses me. xD

dbgtz
10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Ahh, Right. I'm one of those people who like to plan out their entire life. :P

I'm not too sure tbh. I'm pretty sure that the physics exam grade is your actual grade for Physics, because all of next year we're doing chemistry and the rest of this year we're doing biology, then in year 11 (im in year 9) we can do triple science.

I have no clue how our school actually works... it confuses me. xD

Who's your exam board for the sciences?

Cerys
10-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Who's your exam board for the sciences?

Pfft, I have NO idea.
We never find out anything like this tbh.

dbgtz
11-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Pfft, I have NO idea.
We never find out anything like this tbh.

It would probably say on your results sheet. Infact, it would say on the front of the exam paper :S.

Cerys
11-03-2012, 12:12 AM
It would probably say on your results sheet. Infact, it would say on the front of the exam paper :S.

I'll try and find my results sheet, then (:

-:Undertaker:-
12-03-2012, 01:04 AM
I resat the Geography c/w A2 unit and went from a U to a D, ah well it was hard as nails so at least now i can reach my C.

luce
13-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Got 100% in Economics and 93% in Psychology.

Happy.

MizzBex
13-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Maths: Core 1 - A, Decision 1 - A
Physics: B
Chemistry: A

Ajthedragon
13-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Got my first modules for AS. I got two As in politics and business studies, and a B in geography. And an E in general studies to top it all off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!