PDA

View Full Version : Apprenticeships?

Jazz
08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I was researching this morning about apprenticeships, and they look really interesting. The problem is, if I apply for an apprenticeship I wont be able to study at sixth form. So I'm stuck on choice, do I apply for apprenticeships or go to sixth form?

Has anyone had apprenticeships? Are they any good?

Jssy
08-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I looked in to getting an apprenticeship but the one I was looking in to you had to already have had a job working in that subject area but you do get paid and stuff so I guess it's worth it, it might be different depending on the apprenticeship you want to do though :)

GoldenMerc
08-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I did an Apprenticeship when i was 18, for A levels. Was brilliant !

beth
08-03-2012, 02:14 PM
i looked into them when i came back from uni last year but they wouldn't have me because i'm overqualified. ha.

Jazz
08-03-2012, 05:29 PM
i looked into them when i came back from uni last year but they wouldn't have me because i'm overqualified. ha.

wow you can be overqualified for apprenticeships? lmaoo

Deak
08-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Doing one now... It all depends on what you want to do. I think apprenticeships are great experiences of working life and give you more chance of learning thing with posibility of a perm job after!
If you can get somewhere decent to take you on then its great.
Worst part of apprenticeships is the money you get as its only around £100 / week for full time working hours.

beth
08-03-2012, 06:34 PM
wow you can be overqualified for apprenticeships? lmaoo

the level of qualification they offered alongside the work program was level 2 and i already have a level 3 qualifications :(

Deak
08-03-2012, 06:36 PM
the level of qualification they offered alongside the work program was level 2 and i already have a level 3 qualifications :(

Mine too... I am getting a level 2 qualification in Business admin but already have Level in ICT.
So for me its kind of a step to the side in terms of qualifications

beth
08-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Mine too... I am getting a level 2 qualification in Business admin but already have Level in ICT.
So for me its kind of a step to the side in terms of qualifications

ah i'm surprised they let you do it tbh, i was told i'd have trouble getting an apprenticeship having a level3.

Deak
08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
ah i'm surprised they let you do it tbh, i was told i'd have trouble getting an apprenticeship having a level3.

Well they gave me the option - they said that even though i have got a level 3 in ICT - doing a level 2 qualification in Business Admin would be different and a totally different qualification & could be worth while

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!