PDA

View Full Version : do you like yr hometown?

beth
16-03-2012, 01:41 PM
(obviously you don't have to say where yr town/city is if you don't want to)

i live in birmingham, and i love it here. i've always lived around here (i was born in solihull and lived over there til i was about 1 but that's technically just posh birmingham) and i'm so used to it. in 2010 i decided i hated it and moved to canterbury, kent and i couldn't believe how much i missed it.

everything i need is in birmingham, we have such culture and diversity and so many arts and art (art in general performance, fashion, music) events that the city never feels old or tired.

it's quite an ugly city, lots of grey and we're nowhere near the coast: something i hate because the sea is so calming but i guess i'm more of a city person anyway.

do you like yr hometown? why?

GoldenMerc
16-03-2012, 01:43 PM
no its full of OAP's and chariy shops :(

beth
16-03-2012, 01:46 PM
no its full of OAP's and chariy shops :(

nothing wrong with charity shops omg, i bought a cardigan in one this morning and it's one i've been wanting for years.

GoldenMerc
16-03-2012, 01:47 PM
nothing wrong with charity shops omg, i bought a cardigan in one this morning and it's one i've been wanting for years.

yeh Kenilworth has like 20 charity shops, really?!

Chris
16-03-2012, 01:50 PM
There isn't a lot to do where I live, but I know I would miss it if I moved and I can't imagine living anywhere else tbh.

buttons
16-03-2012, 01:51 PM
don't have anything to compare it to lol but i live in a town of around 4,000. i think it's nice and people take it for granted, everything is being demolished and 'modernized' :( it's the biggest town in the area so we have the academy, the dentist, swimming pool and 'big' tesco that everyone goes to and that's about it. that's the way i like it. don't think im ever gonna be a city girl. everyone knows everyone which is nice but at the same time everyone knows each other's family (bad for me) and your business before you do..

beth
16-03-2012, 01:54 PM
don't have anything to compare it to lol but i live in a town of around 4,000. i think it's nice and people take it for granted, everything is being demolished and 'modernized' :( it's the biggest town in the area so we have the academy, the dentist, swimming pool and 'big' tesco that everyone goes to and that's about it. that's the way i like it. don't think im ever gonna be a city girl. everyone knows everyone which is nice but at the same time everyone knows each other's family (bad for me) and your business before you do..

oh my ex lived in quite a small town where everyone knew eachother, like we'd get on the bus and he'd know like 10 people on there and it really freaked me out. i hate the idea of seeing the same people but i think i'm just a ***** ha x

Vause
16-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I hate Nottingham. If you've ever watched the show Coppers you'll understand why. It's so trampy and full of violence and stuff. Just hate it. :(

Jazz
16-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I hate Nottingham. If you've ever watched the show Coppers you'll understand why. It's so trampy and full of violence and stuff. Just hate it. :(

coppers is such a funny programme :-L

i hate where i live, its so boring and full of old people :-(

Vause
16-03-2012, 02:54 PM
coppers is such a funny programme :-L

i hate where i live, its so boring and full of old people :-(

i'd rather live in a town full of old people :( nottingham is full of idiots and chavs and urgh. it's just crap. I'm sure Catchy will back me up here!

Jazz
16-03-2012, 02:56 PM
i'd rather live in a town full of old people :( nottingham is full of idiots and chavs and urgh. it's just crap. I'm sure @Catchy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=59974) will back me up here!

chavs dont really get on where i am, they all 'hang' in one little village which is overrun by farmers markets. swaps? i would rather live in nottingham

Catchy
16-03-2012, 02:57 PM
i'd rather live in a town full of old people :( nottingham is full of idiots and chavs and urgh. it's just crap. I'm sure @Catchy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=59974) will back me up here!

Yes Nottingham is so boring when you've lived here your whole life, the same clubs the same everything eurg and yeah full of so many skanks I wish I lived somewhere rly posh.

Vause
16-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes Nottingham is so boring when you've lived here your whole life, the same clubs the same everything eurg and yeah full of so many skanks I wish I lived somewhere rly posh.

Yup! Boring, trampy and full of idiots. I guess the Uni is okay seeing as people come over here just to go to Trent but I can't see the big hype about Nottingham at all.

Catchy
16-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Yup! Boring, trampy and full of idiots. I guess the Uni is okay seeing as people come over here just to go to Trent but I can't see the big hype about Nottingham at all.

ROBIN HOOD!!!!!!!!!! The chinese are loving it I tell ya

Eric
16-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I looooove my hometown. it's peaceful and natural here, the people are friendly, the food is delicious and beautiful houses everywhere.

David
16-03-2012, 03:45 PM
nah i hate it where I live.
moved out from where I grew up when I was 12, pissed me off since. miles from anyone I know irl including family.

Jurv
16-03-2012, 03:58 PM
i don't mind it to be honest, it's not bad but it's not amazing. :P

geo
16-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I live in the middle of Reading and Basingstoke, in a place called Mortimer. I quite like it, they've really improved it since I first moved here. It can be boring at times but there's enough there. They've got a few clubs running (which I'm not interested in but I'm sure others really like it!) and there's a few shops but there wouldn't be any point in more. The train station is close enough so I can just get their to get into Basingstoke or Reading. I like it.

Saying this, even with all the things I could do in Mortimer, I avoid it all. The people that are out and about aren't the people I really want to mix with; they're pretty chavvy, rude and are involved with drugs and things.. not something I particularly want to be into.

orientalframe?
16-03-2012, 04:34 PM
i live in oxford (just on the outskirts i guess), and i love where i live, i've never moved house (dno if that's normal or not haha) which kinda proves it. there are a few areas where its a bit of a chav attraction, but in other parts its lovely :P

MKR&*42
16-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Live in Purton, have lived in Wootton Bassett and Swindon.

I love Purton to be honest, there's a few "chavs" but apart from that it's quite a nice, 'peaceful' village. Unless you count a person across my road who got arrested for over £150,000 in Fraud x.x And in all fairness, we do have quite a few facilities for a small village.

Wootton Bassett - I absolutely loved it there, wouldn't mind going back there :P

Swindon - No ******* way. I cannot stand going there, honest to God it's one of the worst places to ever live. Swindon also got named the most expensive place to shop... woo? Only good thing is, that I checked the paper today and Swindon has one of the lowest alcohol death rates.

Apart from that, it's such an apalling place.

Cerys
16-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I live in the middle of the countryside, about 20miles away from Leeds :P
I've lived in the same house all my time and I lurrrve it, but I might be moving away soon D:

Empired
16-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I live in the lovely posh bit of Cambridge and I've lived here nearly three years. It's the best place I've lived in by far, but my accent is very different to everyone else's (I'm not as posh as them :(). But apart from the accents, I love where I live :)

Neversoft
16-03-2012, 06:04 PM
No, I absolutely hate it. I've stopped telling people where I live and just narrow it down to the county now, because I hate being associated with such a place.

Cerys
16-03-2012, 06:22 PM
I live in the lovely posh bit of Cambridge and I've lived here nearly three years. It's the best place I've lived in by far, but my accent is very different to everyone else's (I'm not as posh as them :(). But apart from the accents, I love where I live :)

Sorry to ruin this, but you live in the chavvy bit............xxxxxx ;) ;) ;)

OT: Sometimes I get a bit bored where I live.

dbgtz
16-03-2012, 07:00 PM
It's OK generally, the people are generally OK apart from the awful areas with all the chavs. The shopping centre is quite nice and it's fairly large, something like 150,000. Though in all honesty, I'm a bit bored of it and want to get out of here :L

Oh also they decided to create a giant willy statue.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2619/3950674514_e887a3c04e_z.jpg?zz=1

Empired
16-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Sorry to ruin this, but you live in the chavvy bit............xxxxxx ;) ;) ;)

OT: Sometimes I get a bit bored where I live.

We have very upmarket chavs! And I wish I was joking when I said that :(

OT: I get bored here as well, nothing interesting EVER happens here

Samantha
16-03-2012, 08:06 PM
My town doesn't have much.

In our lane we have Dentists, Takeaways, Hairdressers, Newsagents and Chip shops. That's it. We have 2 schools, a swimming pool and a Lidl too.

Also got about 3 cafes and a Charity shop. Oh and a Library. We don't have much, my dad seems to know loads in my town probably as he's lived there for half of his life and hes 56, he bought our house for £2500 ages ago and we have never moved. There's like 3 parts to my street, the terraced part (where I live) the posh area (semi detached houses with 3/4 bedrooms) and the pit houses that are being demolished (and get set on fire).

Saying that, I do like where we live, I feel at home because of being there for so long, I think that's because I'm close to everything, got a park across road from me, got a shop too, got a school down road and a pub on same street. I think we live in a good part for amenities too. Although, living in the next street to the worst one has it perks, you can after wake up to 4 fire engines going past on a Sunday; what a nice alarm that is.

Only thing I would say I don't like is some of my friends know where I live lmao, I never talk to them and I doubt they'd come knocking on my door again but they do randomly sometimes (haven't for like a year or so) but it's so weird because I'm used to other people now.

Ok essay over.

Jordan
16-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah it's a wonderful place, a bit messy at times but it is a great place. I'm live right on the coast and everything I go to daily has got a view of the sea and it's like, wow. Nothings too far really.

why would i move from this that I can visit everyday
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/5947575.jpg

cocaine
16-03-2012, 10:17 PM
he bought our house for £2500 ages ago and we have never moved.

£2500.. are you sure?

watford's alright. bit crappy and to be honest there's areas (probably about a quarter..) of watford where english isn't the first language but i don't frequent that part often

Samantha
16-03-2012, 10:32 PM
£2500.. are you sure?

watford's alright. bit crappy and to be honest there's areas (probably about a quarter..) of watford where english isn't the first language but i don't frequent that part often

He's lived in there about 30 years :P. I'm sure :).

Martin
16-03-2012, 10:42 PM
its okay... very quiet and boring- but I guess I kinda like it being quiet since I hate busy cities haha.

Lee
17-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah I do, not too busy and a 5 minute, £3 train journey to Liverpool Center :)

cocaine
17-03-2012, 05:41 PM
He's lived in there about 30 years :P. I'm sure :).

i do economics at uni.. pretty sure £2500 wasn't the average house price 30 years ago..

beth
17-03-2012, 05:42 PM
i do economics at uni.. pretty sure £2500 wasn't the average house price 30 years ago..

is it #econbant time?

MotorStefan95
17-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I love my hometown even though there isn't much to do and most of my friends have moved. I wouldn't mind getting a bigger house but I would miss my hometown.

Robbie
17-03-2012, 06:00 PM
No, I absolutely hate it. I've stopped telling people where I live and just narrow it down to the county now, because I hate being associated with such a place.

this.

only reason anyone knows my town is the 2001 race riots and the community divide that still exists now between different areas, a lot of areas are "no go" areas for different races. the town centre is just crawling with scum and i can't remember one weekend where i've been out and not ended up in some form of altercation.

i go into manchester quite a lot though, and is alright if you avoid certain areas.

dirrty
17-03-2012, 06:08 PM
yeah it's all good. i stayed here for uni (not at home tho) and i don't really regret it as i don't mind here and i liked being the one at uni who knew everything and everywhere.

Amberr
17-03-2012, 06:53 PM
i wouldn't say I hate where I live but I don't want to live here the rest of my life. Alot of people slate where I live as it's quite small and there's not alot to do, hardly any shops etc etccc but compared to others places across england, i would say crime isn't as high... probably because it's full of old people but yh. One thing I do hate though, especially for people my age, we only have one main sixth form in Hereford which holds like 2500 pupils so literally everyone knows everyone... and I mean everyone, it's insane. i'm sure Martin will tell you how amazing Hereford is ;)

Samantha
17-03-2012, 09:33 PM

Well he did pay 2,500 for it, maybe it's because of the area I know if we lived in a city nearer London it would cost more I guess. We live in a town in Yorkshire if that's anything to go by. Were terraced houses averaged approx that by then, could be longer than 30 years was like 1976 or something, oh that's 35/36 my mistake.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!