PDA

View Full Version : Have you met any famous sport players?

Cerys
18-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Have you ever personally met a famous sport player? It could be a rugby player, football player or any thing!

The only person who I know is my uncle, Leam Richardson, who plays for Accrington Stanley, the worlds most un-known football club. ;)

What about you?

GirlNextDoor15
18-03-2012, 02:14 PM
if you think lee chong wei and nicole david are famous, then yes I have

wiktoria
18-03-2012, 03:51 PM
yh i met some footballer in the park but i can't remember what his name was lol \o/

Kasabian
18-03-2012, 04:14 PM
I met Paul Gascoigne before he went loopy.

Technologic
18-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Paulo wonchope lived on my road when he played for city yay

Shockwave.2CC
19-03-2012, 03:09 AM
I've met all the Leicester City players from the 90s e.g Neil Lennon, Steve Guppy, Emile Heskey, Muzzy Izzet (my hero), Steve Walsh, Robbie Savage (Stole his Wooly hat that only City players have) etc

Gary Liniker

Ronaldo (NOT Cristiano)

Ronaldiniho

kaka

David Beckham

Paul Gallagher

Steve Howard

Martyn Waghorn

David Nugent

Yuki Abe

Sean St Ledger

Sol Sol Bamba

Chris Weale

Kasper Schimichael

Lloyd Dyer

Thats it I think

Lee
19-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Met the rugby players from widnes in like 2005 and always see them in work after the matches :L

Jazz
19-03-2012, 03:10 PM
met the uk junior athletics team, thats about it

j0rd
19-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Football:
Scott Sinclair (Ex Chelsea & current Swansea)
Ashley Williams (Swansea & Welsh International)

Rugby:
Most Scarlets squad
When I was younger my mother used to know a Leicester forward and we stayed over his house for a week in Leicester, was pretty cool!

geo
19-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Um, I met this boxer guy in a PE lesson and apparently he's famous and won loads of his matches etc. but I didn't really take note of his name. I met Tom Daley as well... briefly.

Hollie
19-03-2012, 05:17 PM
kelly holmes came to my school a few years back but i didn't meet her.

Vause
19-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I've met all of Nottingham Forest, don't know their names as I don't support them, but yeah

Sharon
19-03-2012, 09:16 PM
who the hell are any of these people lmao ;l

my uncles really good friends with ryan giggs actually, ryan and that ***** of his had a massive argument not long ago outside my uncles workplace... was in most of the papers hehe.

he's also served david beckham when he used to play for united... mums also met rooney/coleen rooney:-)

SackRace
21-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Steven Naismith and Jorg Albertz

beth
21-03-2012, 05:42 PM
met a few bolton players from back in the day because my dad used to take me to the training ground.

Robi
21-03-2012, 08:46 PM
I've met all of the Dagenham and Redbridge team, I've had a heated discussion with Gary Megson the ex Bolton Manager (i'm a steward). I've met most West Ham players, Chris Kamara on a few occasions, Patrice Evra once asked me for the ball? Ha.

luce
21-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I used to live down the road from Jenson Button when he lived in Guernsey and saw/spoke to him a few times. Also met Hienz who used to play for united, Paul Ince when he played for Wolves and I think that is it!

Oleh
22-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Ronnie Moore (Football manager)- Practically lived round the corner.

Fred Trueman (Legendary cricket bowler) - Grandfather

Graham Mullins (Strongman competitor) - He's huge, hands the size of your head. (coincidentally comes from the same village as me and shares the same surname :P

Samantha
22-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I've met a few of the Featherstone Rovers Rugby team (don't ask) LOL.

Erm, I've shaken hands with Adam Watene or something from Wakey Wildcats (he's dead now) he came to my school and I won a sports award so met him.

Met Phil Taylor got a picture with him and everything<3<3<3 yes, Darts is a sport.

Cerys
22-03-2012, 10:18 PM
I've met a few of the Featherstone Rovers Rugby team (don't ask) LOL.

Erm, I've shaken hands with Adam Watene or something from Wakey Wildcats (he's dead now) he came to my school and I won a sports award so met him.

Met Phil Taylor got a picture with him and everything<3<3<3 yes, Darts is a sport.

Oo I met the featherson rovers too. Forgot to mention that xD
In primary, about 5 of us 'simple' ones went along every week to this featherston improvers thingy xD at the end of it we got to run round the pitch with the players :3

(I went because apparently it is hard for me to make mates :rolleyes: )

Samantha
22-03-2012, 10:45 PM
:Cerys I went to this thing over the Summer and I met most of them, got a signed picture of Matty Dale from the Featherstone Gala too!
I remember being with them and this boy asked me if I supported Featherstone, it was a big awkward saying I support Castleford Tigers more, luckily the boy did too, hi5 for me!

Abbie.
09-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Yes my friend who plays cricket for Ireland! Apparently he's really good! I don't actually watch cricket but

InsaneIcon
12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Jay Bothroyd, Craig Bellamy and some Welsh rugby player, I don't even know his name.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!