PDA

View Full Version : Any lads play field hockey on here?

e5
20-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Just wondering if theres any other people on here that play field hockey, and if so what sort of level do you play at?

I was offered yorkshire trials a few years ago but turned them down cos im gay! I play for my local team, and in the Yorkshire Hockey Association Premier League which is the top league in there which is a fairly high standard.

I love playing hockey. Alot of people say its for girls, but its really more than just a girls sport! I got all my mates pretty much into playing it too!

e5
20-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Sorry couldn't edit:

Or anyone like it? or feel like they wanna play it? or if not why? :) x

I'd just like to hear thoughts & opinions!

jasey
20-03-2012, 01:44 AM
I was offered yorkshire trials a few years ago but turned them down cos im gay!

Oh, gosh, Elliott! Why would you turn it down just because you like guys? Is it really homophobic on the team or something? You poor thing!

Matthew
20-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I play field hockey :)

I played for the north east until last year because I didn't really have time for all the travelling and stuff. It was a big commitment to have to go to every training session and stuff too :(

Im in my school first team still though.

e5
20-03-2012, 09:23 AM
I play field hockey :)

I played for the north east until last year because I didn't really have time for all the travelling and stuff. It was a big commitment to have to go to every training session and stuff too :(

Im in my school first team still though.
Oh really? I think North East is the division above York Prem for us! Yeah. Hockey is a big commitment of mine, but it's something I am actually really passionate about and will make sure I do my best to make our teah the best. As well as playing in the Prem, I help out around our other teams and also captain one of our sides which is great experience and I love helping them out. Of course there is a vice captain for when I play higher.

Oh, gosh, Elliott! Why would you turn it down just because you like guys? Is it really homophobic on the team or something? You poor thing!
Thanks for being the one to take that a bit too literally! haha.

luce
21-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I used to play for the West of England i'm giving up after my final school IX match tomorrow because I prefer playing football and would rather carry that on at uni but i've play for my island first team for years and at respective age levels :-) used to love it - got bored and now only play for school until tomorrow!

Oh on it being a girls sport it's more popular for men where I live and played to a high standard!

Oleh
22-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I would loved to have played it, seems like a decent sport. Lack of interest around me turned me to prefer cricket.

Matthew
25-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I would loved to have played it, seems like a decent sport. Lack of interest around me turned me to prefer cricket.

Yeah its a great sport :-)

Falling over hurts though - I slipped whilst taking a shot last week and I ripped so much skin off my knuckles, stung so much as the salt and sand on the pitch got into it too :/

I scored the goal though lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!