PDA

View Full Version : Detentions

Mathew
21-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Did you ever get put into detention at school, or even isolation or exclusion?
If so, what did you do to get the sanction, and what type of work were you given to complete whilst doing the time?!

Succubus
22-03-2012, 06:15 AM
I've been given one in Maths for back chatting a teacher, was given some work I can't actually remember.

Ekelektra
22-03-2012, 06:35 AM
I've never had a detention. I'm such a good student ;P

Our school say they are very strict with detentions but really they're not. I've never had one in 5 and a bit years I've gone there, neither have 2 of my friends and one has only had one. I've had like a class one where we stayed in at lunch back in year 7 but that wasn't my fault.

Richie
22-03-2012, 07:05 AM
stabbed my mate in the hand with a pen and burst one of his artery's, then main thing is he was fine.

wiktoria
22-03-2012, 07:12 AM
yh lol in yr 8 i was in detention every week and i got put in isolation a couple of times too. the only teacher that gave me sanctions was my maths teacher it had questions like 'what did you do wrong?' 'how is your behaviour going to improve?' and my parents had to sign it. now i'm hardly ever in detention, i was in a detention last week for not doing my homework *+*+*ReBeL*+*+*

Eric
22-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Never had detention. I'm a virtuous student.

buttons
22-03-2012, 11:31 AM
i got detention every day for 2 weeks during GCSE cause i got thrown out the french exam. in detention it was always the same old people, you went during lunch time for 25 minutes and had to sit facing the wall and weren't allowed to talk. people would play with their lighters, sigh loudly, draw on everything, throw books out the window etc. there was no discipline at our school at all. if you didn't turn up, you got an extra detention and that was it. they never even got sent home. i used to get removed from class quite often but on purpose, i got picked on in pretty much every class so anything to get out of it. at least i know that those people are failures now. im one of the few people who probably don't miss school :P i still managed to pick up decent grades so i wasn't bothered about my behaviour as long as the end result was good.

xxMATTGxx
22-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I've never had a detention or anything that would be considered as a punishment! :P

MKR&*42
22-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Urm had detentions for missing homework mainlyyy, and and pissing around in class in year 8 quite a bit. I have backchatted teachers quite a bit (if I'm being unfairly blamed) because I'm not going to let them think they can force their opinion upon me - if I want to speak my "side" then I will :s. I don't get into trouble for it though aha :L. My attitude has improved in school greatly in the last 2 years :D

Longest I had was like 40 minutes for not bringing a P.E kit :rolleyes: Seriously, in the 5 yrs I've been at that school I've missed about 3 years of p.e. in total :S - I do it a lot more now though... before I really just disliked it but I decided that doing it is better than detentions for missing it.

beth
22-03-2012, 06:26 PM
i had about 20 a year from year 8 onwards. tended not to go for them so every 3 missed detentions i'd get excluded for a day.

one was very badly behaved. still got 15 a*-c gcses though trolololol.

MotorStefan95
22-03-2012, 06:29 PM
I have never had a detention and I have broken a lot of rules in my school. The only time I have been punished was some sort of isolation thing because I wasn't listening to the teacher and sighing ever time she told me to do something (I really dont like art and wasnt in a very good mood that day).

They aren't very strict in my school anyway. Since the new principal came it has been getting worse because people know they can get away with nearly anything. Now they have brought in a Friday evening detention for people who continuously disrupt classes but its obviously not working.

Mikey
22-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Got detention twice for being late in fourth year and in fifth year (six form) I didn't get any cause they didn't tend to give punishment to fifth years and sixth years.

geo
22-03-2012, 06:45 PM
My main detentions have been for being late to class, I'm usually late if there's been a fight half way to the lesson or something.
Um, PE kit detentions. I've probably forgot my PE kit twice since I started my Secondary School so that's not really been a big problem.
Uhhh, year 7 I spread a note around class and I was going to get an after school but then they let me off, god knows why. (A)
I think detentions stopped for me in year 8 (other than yr 9 Science, the teacher really didn't like me) because I tried a lot harder in my lessons and I think the class tried a lot harder as well, so it was harder for anyone to get distracted. I'm in year 10 now, and I haven't got any detentions which is goooood!! I expect I'll get one for Physics or Food tech though as I just can't take those subjects seriously and I sit next to my friend in both so I chat most of the time. :)

Jordan
22-03-2012, 06:53 PM
From my memory I don't remember having a detention for something I have done (except the odd homework one) but more of a class detention. I've been in isolation once for refusing to wear plimsolls - I feel like an idiot now for not just wearing them :L And I just had some basic work from a book given to me related to what I would of been doing in the class I was meant to be in.

I have never been kicked out of school before either, I'm not that stupid.

Jurv
22-03-2012, 06:55 PM
i used to have detentions all the time after school in year seven, it was a case of 'looking cool' to all of the other students if you know what i mean. i mainly got them in maths because it was a really easy lesson to piss about in, i remember when myself and a few friends used to throw equipment around the room, it was hilarious at the time. nowadays i don't get any detentions and if i do it would only be for forgetting my p.e kit or missing homework. i've never been in isolation or w.e or been on report.

i'm a good boy now, i've seen the light. haha!

Empired
22-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I haven't had that many detentions because I've been to so many different schools and they all feel sorry for the new girl, but I've been in isolation once in year 8 for not turning up to my detentions which weren't my fault in the first place. I hate the way teachers never listen because they're too embarrassed to admit that they were wrong, but I feel a right idiot for not turning up to my detentions now, aha :L

Cerys
22-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm in detentions and isolation quite frequently, but never for behaviour. Its always for forgetting an item of my PE kit, or not doing my homework. :P

Samantha
22-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I remember I got a detention for being late in from dinner but I was with my friend and it wasn't our fault. The bell went, we went to English and everyone was already there, turns out it was the second bell but the first didn't even go so the next day in detention our head of year said we only had to stay a couple of minutes.

Another time was when I was taking something to a classroom with my friend so I was late and only had to stay for about 2 minutes.

The other time was when I went out of the front door of the sports hall with the same friend, we got told to go back so I just got in my dads car and went home as it was time to go, my friend just ran round other side so you couldn't see her; our teacher obviously forgot about the detention though as she never showed up.

Chris
22-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I only ever remember having class detentions, which was kinda unfair since most of us never did anything wrong. :(

kitten
22-03-2012, 10:14 PM
i've had like one for talking :l im a good girl really

dbgtz
22-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I got one in year 7, then I got a couple in year 10 which I just skipped as the reasons were ridiculous. Both teachers didn't like me and in my opinion for no reason at all. One of them instantly linked me with the "bad kids" and would ***** about me at any point. I think she hated me because the year before, I said I couldn't do a speaking exam as I hadn't learnt it (I tried to do it then just said I couldn't) and never bothered to do it another time. The other was because I said I didn't hear him which was completely legit, and the fact he would question my listening is completely insulting as it is pretty much all I would do. I hated them both and I was glad their "punishment" resulted in moving me down a set :P

Apart from those, the rest were just class ones which wasn't even my fault.

Jssy
22-03-2012, 11:10 PM
got detentions a few times.
Excluded once for 5 days for sending a chain message about a teacher and they gave mea book of puzzles to doand said I wasn'tallowed out of the house erm lol
+ put in seclusion (basically isolation with lots of wooden plank/walls seperating you all with a tiny desk and chair have to face forwards, not allowedto go out at lunch, or go to toilet whilst their are other pupils around (break, lunch, lesson change over etc.) and no talking or turning round) for having my nose pierced they said I was in there till i took it out and they play classical music to windyou up. I went like 2 days then took it out :(

hiyahon
23-03-2012, 01:08 AM
i'm such a model student, i never had a detention at school x

JerseySafety
23-03-2012, 04:16 AM
i had about 20 a year from year 8 onwards. tended not to go for them so every 3 missed detentions i'd get excluded for a day.

one was very badly behaved. still got 15 a*-c gcses though trolololol.

This LOL I always get them.

had like 2 afterschools so far for punching someone and talking in class to much. had heaps of lunchtimes but I dont go to them cause you dont get in trouble if you dont.

Jazz
23-03-2012, 08:16 PM
i spent yr10 in the behavioural unit because of my attitude to learning, and im not proud of it. I was in the 'bad kids' tutor group but I wasnt bad.. i just used to hate being outside!

I had lots of detention and inclusions, and hated every minute of them.

SackRace
29-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Had 10 detentions maths and German, for punching the girl sitting next to me and in German threw a rubber at the teacher didn't know how she thought it was me :O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!