PDA

View Full Version : Learning to drive

iDenning
23-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey!

Anybody learning to drive here?

Ive just started mine and already I've learnt so much, such as changing gears, starting/stopping, using mirrors, indicators etc etc!

Its pretty difficult at first but I guess you just need to keep practicing!

Cant wait to drive! :D

EDIT; OMG, didnt realise there is a vehicle section, can a mod move please?

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Super Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is better suited here!

Chippiewill
23-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I started driving a few months ago, it's a little overwhelming at first but things which seem really complicated initially become simple and easy as you progress. Surprisingly fast even.

jasey
23-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I learned to drive a while ago. It is definitely a rite of passage to adulthood. I wish you all the luck in the world in your studies.

Catchy
23-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I started to learn to drive but then gave up, too expensive for me... My mum still owes me loads of lessons from when I was 17 I'm 19 now so yeah. Even if I did pass my test though, no way I'd be able to afford insurance but I'd like to just be able to get it out the way but meh guess I'll have to wait until I am working full time.

Good luck anyway

GoldenMerc
23-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Independance is the best thing about driving !

iDenning
24-03-2012, 01:07 AM
I started driving a few months ago, it's a little overwhelming at first but things which seem really complicated initially become simple and easy as you progress. Surprisingly fast even.

Definetly!

I learned to drive a while ago. It is definitely a rite of passage to adulthood. I wish you all the luck in the world in your studies.

Cheers!

I started to learn to drive but then gave up, too expensive for me... My mum still owes me loads of lessons from when I was 17 I'm 19 now so yeah. Even if I did pass my test though, no way I'd be able to afford insurance but I'd like to just be able to get it out the way but meh guess I'll have to wait until I am working full time.

Good luck anyway

Your right, Its bloody expensive! And yeah Insurance is ridiculous, luckily my mom is paying for my lessons and my brother said he will buy me a car for my 18th, I just need to get a job so can afford insurance (need to pass test first though haha) and cheers :)

Independance is the best thing about driving !

Yeah this is what excites me haha :)

Ant$
11-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm about 5/6 lessons in now.
I've learnt about gears, stopping and starting, indicators and clutch control.
I'm pretty much onto bends and roundabouts at the moment, going very good.

shiver
11-04-2012, 01:52 AM
i passed my test about a year and a half ago and haven't driven since! i don't really need or want a car though so it doesn't really bother me.

i really enjoyed learning to drive, you pick it up surprisingly fast and it soon becomes routine. so expensive though, i must have spent like £800 in total on basically another form of I.D. for me lol. i will probably treat myself to a car once i finish my degree but that's not for another 3 years!!!

Amberr
11-04-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm quite far in with my lessons, I started in December. I've passed my theory, just practising for the practical now. It's more just perfecting the manoeuvres really. best of luck with yours.

Oleh
11-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd say I'm like 8-9 lessons off my test but I don't have the income to carry on. :(

j0rd
11-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I passed in November, must say driving is amazing after the cost of the car, tax and insurance!

FiftyCal
13-04-2012, 04:39 AM
At least you're learning the correct way by starting off with a standard transmission

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!