PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever OK to sleep with someone for money? [ENDS 15/04/2012]

Grig
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Is it ever OK to sleep with someone for money?
Ends: 15/04/2012

There have been statistics released earlier this year that a greater number of British students have been turning to prostitution in order to help fund their education. This statistic may actually grow with tuition fees for tertiary institutions across Britain being raised three times from this September.

Prostitution has been deemed as somewhat taboo in the past. However, with references being so "out there" at the moment, people have found it increasingly more acceptable to subject themselves to such a industry. Supporters for this debate argue that it would be OK to exploit this and turn it into a positive, such a getting money to feed a baby or for the above case of education. They also say that sex has become so normal and even irrelevant that making it a sort of business and treating it that way may be no big deal.

However, those against this say that it firstly is risky in terms of sexual diseases and obviously those in the sex industry have a much higher chance of contracting such diseases. Furthermore, they say it exploits women, making them be treated almost as objects.

Anyway, the list of arguments can go on and it is up to you to decide which side is more appropriate for you, or whether you would simply take the middle road.

Charlie
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I think it's okay and is something that should be made more acceptable. Sex is normal, everyone will at some point in their life do it so why should we treat prostitution like something that is wrong? If someone likes sex enough to get paid for it, why not let them? If someone needs extra money to pay off debts or student loans and they're okay with doing it, why not let them? It's their body, their choice. I feel if it treat it like something that shouldn't be done, people are going to end up in bad situations because they had to do it on their own or through dodgy places and because it was so frowned up, nothing could be done to prevent it whereas, if we set up some agencies where people can apply for jobs or apply for someone for the night, things can be done properly, checks can be done regularly and you know that the people on both sides are safe.

Lagg
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I disagree, You see Sex is classed as something for someone in a relationship not to be shared in my opinion, and its not exactly a normal job. I would look down apon someone who sells their body for money- also many girls get forced into this was of life, so by making it legal for them to do it would throw a massive loop hole in the legal system, Seeing girls on the street trying to sell their bodies while on the way to get a take away is not a great night for me sorry to say.

Charlie
02-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I disagree, You see Sex is classed as something for someone in a relationship not to be shared in my opinion, and its not exactly a normal job. I would look down apon someone who sells their body for money- also many girls get forced into this was of life, so by making it legal for them to do it would throw a massive loop hole in the legal system, Seeing girls on the street trying to sell their bodies while on the way to get a take away is not a great night for me sorry to say.

I can see your point, about girls being forced into it and that's when I think it's not acceptable. In situations like that, then of course action needs to be taken to sort it out but in situations where the person is willingly doing it, rather than being forced, I'm okay with it.

Cow
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Well I think, it's up to them but don't do it under age limit as well a;so if someone is forcing you, you should tell someone and not go into it as it can lead into baby's etc.

Even if you have a condom on that little rip can count and you may have a baby to look after at a not so good age.

Meloneeze.
02-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I think that this debate has just all kinds of wrong in it, allow me to explain:First of all, lets talk state-wide. In some cities if there's a lot of prostitutes on the street( underage and old n' wrinkly), it leads many people to think that the street is dirty. Plus some kids( you know what I mean, eighteen or something) aren't emotionally prepared to have sex with someone, let alone a total stranger. I mean, isn't that half of Katy Perry's Last Friday Night?( not such a good example tbh...) And, also, I agree with vampirism; , it's their decision and they can mutilate their bodies however they want. But, if they do whatever they want doesn't that break the whole society? I mean, pretty much the whole country of America( dont know how London or them works,) runs on the basic foundation of you follow a specific ruling and benefit from the rewards i.e when you go to work, you have to do what your told or, well, your pretty much fired( unless you do better then you're told to do), but if when you worked you just started to do the opposing of your main goal, it would tilt the balance of ordinary. Of course, some of you may argue that Prostitution IS a job, and to that I would agree, that it's perfectly okay for people to continue with prostitution, but if they don't have the necessary protection and balance with their lives( i.e. ready to support a baby), then it would be wise of them to abstain from economical sex. I also understand that some prostitutes are doing this for tuition? This is a very stupid route to take in my opinion, partly because this is NOT THE ONLY JOB YOU CAN GET TO PAY TUITION, AND NOTHING YOU DO DURING SEX IS GOING TO GET YOU PAID ANY HIGHER. This is a vital sentence because many women think that if they arouse their client more, they will dish out a higher payout. THIS IS STUPID, STUPID, STUPID WRONG!! No matter how hard you try, the laws of trying again just aren't in use here, simply because with sex and prostitution, you don't win. And many girls that submit to prostitution are under the age of 21, and how the heck to heaven and BEYOND are you going to pay for a baby that you don't even know the father to? For my final opinion: I think that prostitution is unhealthy for hygiene reasons( genital warts, AIDs, herpies, ect, ect, ect, ect,), is dangerous( I mean, what if the guy you were 'doing' was a stalker/serial killer? Slim chance, yes, but still...), and is just gross( considering the 'modest'(sarcasm) appearance you put on the street. Also, prostitution affects the way people perceive you, as well.). So, my final sentence, just abstain from it if you don't want more trouble.

Inseriousity.
02-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I think as long as protection is in place then it's okay. Problem is that you don't really know what some of these girls are spending money on or even if they get the money and it's not going to some pimp. There's a murky underworld that is keeping it a taboo. Personally, I'd hope it would always be a last resort for someone and there should be systems in place to stop people from feeling that the only thing they have to offer is their bodies.

Lagg
02-04-2012, 10:03 PM
In all fairness im quite Self minded, Once i focus on something i wont be swayed round to anyone else s ideas, and we all get brought up to believe that prostitution is wrong, I disagree selling your body is not a job, nor is it a way of making sustainable means, for instance people don't agree with photo editing in adverts, this is like picking the person you like most then using them for an hr and never seeing them again, not right at all in my opinion.

Jordy
02-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't really feel strongly about the matter to be honest. There is a very real risk of pimping (And all the organised crime that comes with it, guns, drugs etc) which should be treated very harshly but if a woman is selling money on her own accord for sex I don't really feel she's doing anything wrong (Providing she's not standing on street corners etc). I don't buy into the whole excuse that people desperately need to do it for money though. There's plenty of other jobs out there and one's where you won't lose the respect of people for your job.

Pigperson
02-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Personally, I see little problem with it. The main one in my eyes is that it is just objectifying women (well most likely because you don't tend to get male prostitutes). I saw a bit of Secret Diaries of a Call Girl on ITV2 and it just showed a perspective of prostitution which isn't too bad. It is up to the individual because if they understand the consequences, they protect themselves and they need to make a living, then it's their decision. Overall as long as it causes no harm to the general public i.e. you keep it private and protection is used, then I really don't see a problem.

Will

hiyahon
03-04-2012, 01:19 AM
yer why not

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please post constructively in the debates forum

Catchy
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
To be honest, I think prostitution should be legalised. If you go to Amsterdam prostitution is a whole other world compared to here. It's a lot safer (safe sex) I think it's essential that the man wears a condom in Amsterdam, of course there are still risks but not as big as the ones over here in the UK.

Over here a lot of people feel they have nowhere else to turn so decide prostitution will be their only escape. Most get addicted to drugs so then need more money to feed their addicted, it's a vicious cycle and I think if prostitution was legalised and controlled properly we could cut down on so many issues which prostitution causes.

Rozi
03-04-2012, 12:55 PM
If someone is doing it out of their own free will, with appropriate security precautions in place and not to drugs then I see absolutely no problem with it. It's a flexible job and as long as the person taking part feels capable of it and is responsible and cautionary then ok.

Ellz
03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
i wouldnt say it exactly a nice thing to have to do but in some cases, thats people last resort or they have no way of making a living for themselves. I think its okay to an extent and that there are security precautions in place to ensure saftety of anyone doing it.

Jordy
03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Since when has contraception been called a "Security Precautions". If someone said to me in the bedroom "Are we going to take any security precautions?" I'd probably reply that I've locked the front door.

FlyingJesus
03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
There have been statistics released earlier this year that a greater number of British students have been turning to prostitution in order to help fund their education. This statistic may actually grow with tuition fees for tertiary institutions across Britain being raised three times from this September.

Is there a source for this? I don't doubt that the stats exist but would be good to see what the actual data is

However, those against this say that it firstly is risky in terms of sexual diseases and obviously those in the sex industry have a much higher chance of contracting such diseases. Furthermore, they say it exploits women, making them be treated almost as objects.

The first of these is negligible in that plenty of people have copious amounts of unprotected sex without it being a trade (so no, it's not "obvious" at all) and the second is ridiculous as sex workers would/should be consenting to their work - and if there's no consent, it's rape rather than work

You haven't actually given a reason here, you've basically just said "it's wrong because I think so"

I think that this debate has just all kinds of wrong in it, allow me to explain:First of all, lets talk state-wide. In some cities if there's a lot of prostitutes on the street( underage and old n' wrinkly), it leads many people to think that the street is dirty.

Street-walking is not the same as corporate prostitution, and underage sex is illegal no matter what changes hands in the process. Using that argument is somewhat like saying football should be illegal because sometimes people commit fouls

Plus some kids( you know what I mean, eighteen or something) aren't emotionally prepared to have sex with someone, let alone a total stranger.

Then they shouldn't do it. Saying that something is ok doesn't mean everyone has to take part. There's no moral objection to rolling around in manure but it's not something I plan to do

if they do whatever they want doesn't that break the whole society? I mean, pretty much the whole country of America( dont know how London or them works,) runs on the basic foundation of you follow a specific ruling and benefit from the rewards i.e when you go to work, you have to do what your told or, well, your pretty much fired( unless you do better then you're told to do), but if when you worked you just started to do the opposing of your main goal, it would tilt the balance of ordinary.

I don't really know where to start with this paragraph, it's just all wrong. You say that people do as they're told in order to reap the benefits (basic job structure) but suggest that this is somehow missing from prostitution, which is rather odd considering sex workers very literally get paid to provide a service for someone else - it's a transaction just like any other. As for doing "whatever they want", are you honestly suggesting that people ought to be entirely regimented and have no liberty concerning their lifestyle choices?

Of course, some of you may argue that Prostitution IS a job, and to that I would agree, that it's perfectly okay for people to continue with prostitution, but if they don't have the necessary protection and balance with their lives( i.e. ready to support a baby), then it would be wise of them to abstain from economical sex.

"Don't have sex until you can afford a baby"... I'm fairly sure that birth control is real and effective. So now you think that everyone should do always exactly as they're told by society and that poor people shouldn't have sex, fab

I also understand that some prostitutes are doing this for tuition? This is a very stupid route to take in my opinion, partly because this is NOT THE ONLY JOB YOU CAN GET TO PAY TUITION

No but it is a very easy one which requires very little time in order to earn a lot of money. That doesn't sound stupid to me

AND NOTHING YOU DO DURING SEX IS GOING TO GET YOU PAID ANY HIGHER. This is a vital sentence because many women think that if they arouse their client more, they will dish out a higher payout. THIS IS STUPID, STUPID, STUPID WRONG!! No matter how hard you try, the laws of trying again just aren't in use here, simply because with sex and prostitution, you don't win.

Would you like to actually explain this, or is it going to be a case of "I HAVE SAID SO THEREFORE IT IS RIGHT"? What stats do you have concerning any tips given by sex trade clients? What possible reason can you have for believing that customer satisfaction is not extremely important when it comes to prostitution?

And many girls that submit to prostitution are under the age of 21, and how the heck to heaven and BEYOND are you going to pay for a baby that you don't even know the father to?

Birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control. Maybe if I say it enough times you'll believe that it exists

For my final opinion: I think that prostitution is unhealthy for hygiene reasons( genital warts, AIDs, herpies, ect, ect, ect, ect,), is dangerous( I mean, what if the guy you were 'doing' was a stalker/serial killer? Slim chance, yes, but still...), and is just gross( considering the 'modest'(sarcasm) appearance you put on the street. Also, prostitution affects the way people perceive you, as well.). So, my final sentence, just abstain from it if you don't want more trouble.

The first two (hygiene, safety) are not restricted to the sex trade and are risks that you run in ANY intimate encounter (and indeed, pretty much any manual labour job), but if prostitution was made into a legal trade it would be properly regulated and enforced with regular tests and surveillance, which would actually make it pretty much the safest way to have sex. As for it being "gross", that's entirely subjective and in no way detracts from it being a genuine commerce regardless of how many closed-minded people decide to judge you for it

Metric1
03-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I'd do anything for the right amount of money. I'd like to see somebody turn down unlimited amounts of money in exchange for sex. Everyone has their price, you can say "I'M NOT A ****" - but does it really matter whether you're a **** or not when you're set up for the rest of your life?

Chippiewill
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM
unlimited amounts of money
It becomes pretty irrelevant after the first few billion.

Metric1
03-04-2012, 09:35 PM
It becomes pretty irrelevant after the first few billion.

Say somebody would pay you one billion dollars or pounds or whatever currency you deal with in exchange for sleeping with them. Are you going to say no?

Jordy
03-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I'd do anything for the right amount of money. I'd like to see somebody turn down unlimited amounts of money in exchange for sex. Everyone has their price, you can say "I'M NOT A ****" - but does it really matter whether you're a **** or not when you're set up for the rest of your life?I would argue that some people wouldn't have a price. Admittedly most/everyone people on this forum has a price but what about a nun, an elderly woman in a happy 60 year-old marriage, someone who is already a billionaire or someone with AIDs for instance. A few examples of people who probably wouldn't be bothered.

Shockwave.2CC
03-04-2012, 11:39 PM
No, thats just trashy and wrong

Send shivers down my spine

Rozi
03-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Since when has contraception been called a "Security Precautions". If someone said to me in the bedroom "Are we going to take any security precautions?" I'd probably reply that I've locked the front door.

Not contraception you mong, like a safety plan if something goes wrong, I.E. having someone you tell when you have an appointment, where etcetc incase the customer turns out to be mental

FlyingJesus
03-04-2012, 11:57 PM

That's some good debate technique you got there. With bigoted mindsets like yours who needs logic or reason?

Metric1
04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
I would argue that some people wouldn't have a price. Admittedly most/everyone people on this forum has a price but what about a nun, an elderly woman in a happy 60 year-old marriage, someone who is already a billionaire or someone with AIDs for instance. A few examples of people who probably wouldn't be bothered.

an elderly woman in a 60 year-old marriage, she would have money to keep her husband alive if he got sick? a nun could sleep with a man and give the money to the church? somebody with aids - give the money to an aids research charity?

you don't have to love somebody to have sex with them.

GirlNextDoor15
04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
If your desire for money and possessions are far more important than your dignity, then I'll support you to sleep with someone for money just in case you decide to rob banks or commit silly crimes.

I I also understand that some prostitutes are doing this for tuition? This is a very stupid route to take in my opinion, partly because this is NOT THE ONLY JOB YOU CAN GET TO PAY TUITION, AND NOTHING YOU DO DURING SEX IS GOING TO GET YOU PAID ANY HIGHER. This is a vital sentence because many women think that if they arouse their client more, they will dish out a higher payout. THIS IS STUPID, STUPID, STUPID WRONG!!

There are lots of prostitutes who are doing it for the sake of survival etc. and yet, you narrowed it down to just paying for tuition? You are certainly not one to say that it's stupid and wrong unless you've been there and done that.

And many girls that submit to prostitution are under the age of 21, and how the heck to heaven and BEYOND are you going to pay for a baby that you don't even know the father to?

I BELIEVE THIS IS CALLED HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND COMMERCIAL SEXUAL EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN! THEY ARE FORCED TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING NOW OR ELSE, THEY'LL BE KILLED. AND BEING IMPREGNATED BY A STRANGER IS ONE OF THE MANY CONSEQUENCES AND HENCE, WE PUT IN A LOT OF EFFORTS TO CURB HUMAN TRAFFICKING! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE FOR MONEY!

In some cities if there's a lot of prostitutes on the street( underage and old n' wrinkly), it leads many people to think that the street is dirty.

Isn't that like saying you shouldn't eat junk food because of the preservatives, food colouring and calories? Many people still eat them. I see no wrong. It's their choice at the end.

Are you one of those conservatives who would sacrifice everything to pay for the girls' lives? If not, then I suggest you to just shut up please.

You know what. People like you are just trashy and wrong too. Send shivers down my spine muahahaha

an elderly woman in a 60 year-old marriage, she would have money to keep her husband alive if he got sick? a nun could sleep with a man and give the money to the church? somebody with aids - give the money to an aids research charity?

you don't have to love somebody to have sex with them.

Your imagination is as fabulous as J.K. Rowling but I'm afraid the probability for that to happen is
somewhat 0.

In all fairness im quite Self minded, Once i focus on something i wont be swayed round to anyone else s ideas, and we all get brought up to believe that prostitution is wrong, I disagree selling your body is not a job, nor is it a way of making sustainable means, for instance people don't agree with photo editing in adverts, this is like picking the person you like most then using them for an hr and never seeing them again, not right at all in my opinion.

You do know that you've just contradicted yourself, right?

JerseySafety
04-04-2012, 10:50 AM
If its to fund important things like education then its fine but for drugs no, if its just cause you have never done iT and want an experience then no

GirlNextDoor15
04-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control. Maybe if I say it enough times you'll believe that it exists

birth control doesn't really help in third world countries. they are forced to sell their bodies and you think they'll be provided with birth control pills etc.? i don't think so. they barely have enough food to eat and that the number of girls being forced into commercial sexual exploitation exceeds the number of girls who died/got pregnant because of it, the culprits wouldn't give a **** about it.

As for those who really give in to prostitution, I believe education is more important than birth control. there's a phrase for this in malay language.. bagai kera mendapat bunga.. which means in this situation, a prostitute won't know how to make use of birth control if she doesn't know what birth control is for.

---------- Post added 04-04-2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

If its to fund important things like education then its fine but for drugs no, if its just cause you have never done iT and want an experience then no

that's like saying you can rob a bank if you want to help poor kids. aren't you lying to yourself and trying to make things sound better when obviously, it's not? I'm not saying it's wrong to sleep with someone for money.

Amberr
04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
If i'm honest I don't see a big problem with it. if that person has chosen to do it (not by force or drugs) and there is efficient protection then i don't see the harm in it. obviously i would never do it myself but it's up too the individual really.

beth
04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
it's funny how stuff can change yr opinions. ha. i don't see any real problem with it as long as both parties are happy and understanding of the situation. i don't think (now) it's something i'd ever do or be interested in, but that's just me and for a long long time i was very interested in the professional career and was looking into the industry.

as long as no-one is hurting anybody else, they can do whatever they want to do with their body.

Sharon
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
um idk really. i watched most of secret diary of a call girl (honestly great show, billie piper is lovely.) and if it is done in that manner of almost like a 'buisness' and not down the back of an alleyway, sure. dunnnno if anyones made the whole "sex is a special thing that should be shared between two..." speech yet but obviously that can play into this. where as i don't share that view fully, i can see where people with that opinion come from.

-:Undertaker:-
05-04-2012, 06:36 PM
In a legal sense then yes, should people wish to sell their bodies then let them do so - provided i'm not paying for anything related to that practice (free condoms, 'regulation', health services) via taxation.

In a moral sense I would argue no, of course not. The idea of something as intimate as sex as a business frankly repulses me and that is not even mentioning the element of danger posed to women and men involved in this activity. I think the idea of selling your body is demeaning to both parties involved and overall I am tired of the usual "sex is normal therefore we should do it for any reason, anytime, any place" argument.

I think the attitudes in this thread are quite frightening, with those opposed to low moral standards being described as 'bigoted' by one member even. But this strange change in opinion is clearly from the 1960s cultural revolution and the sexual revolution which followed it - the low standards people hold now are a direct consquence of that revolution which has led to the Church (the guardian of morality) being laughed at and dismissed. I simply ask those who wish to see the revolution continued whether or not they can point to a civilisation as successful as ours that has survived the destruction of its culture and system of morality for what are purely dogmatic reasons.

FlyingJesus
05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I think the attitudes in this thread are quite frightening, with those opposed to low moral standards being described as 'bigoted' by one member even.

A "just because" attitude is exactly what bigoted means. It could potentially be argued that bigotism isn't an inherently bad thing, but you can't argue about definitions

But this strange change in opinion is clearly from the 1960s cultural revolution and the sexual revolution which followed it

Entirely untrue as any historian could quite easily point out, not that there's anything wrong with the sexual revolution. One could just as easily (and just as wrongly) state that "the strange change in opinion scandalising sex is clearly from the 500s cultural revolution and the sexual persecution which followed", but neither such argument can or should claim to be the only correct stance. Personal morals have no place affecting anyone else, and while people are certainly allowed to say that they do not like the idea of prostitution, it shouldn't be said that it is 100% wrong at all times for all people, which is what this debate asks. In terms of this topic your answer really only needed the first sentence...

I simply ask those who wish to see the revolution continued whether or not they can point to a civilisation as successful as ours that has survived the destruction of its culture and system of morality for what are purely dogmatic reasons.

No, we've survived the (partial) destruction of culture and changes to morality for logical and individual libertarian reasons, not dogmatic ones. If it was dogma we'd all be told that we absolutely must be out having sex with everyone all the time. Bit of a daft question anyway considering humans are the only cultural civilisation we know of

-:Undertaker:-
05-04-2012, 07:17 PM
A "just because" attitude is exactly what bigoted means. It could potentially be argued that bigotism isn't an inherently bad thing, but you can't argue about definitions

If opposing people selling their bodies makes me and others bigoted, I don't know what that makes you - it certainly doesn't make you enlightened as you new age 'thinkers' or self-described 'progressives' like to think. Indeed, I see nothing progressive about selling our bodies for sex, rather, its regressive behaviour and regressive to think that its perfectly fine.

Entirely untrue as any historian could quite easily point out, not that there's anything wrong with the sexual revolution. One could just as easily (and just as wrongly) state that "the strange change in opinion scandalising sex is clearly from the 500s cultural revolution and the sexual persecution which followed", but neither such argument can or should claim to be the only correct stance. Personal morals have no place affecting anyone else, and while people are certainly allowed to say that they do not like the idea of prostitution, it shouldn't be said that it is 100% wrong at all times for all people, which is what this debate asks. In terms of this topic your answer really only needed the first sentence...

A society which doesn't have a pan-culture (ie the broad same system of morality, the same customs, the same laws, the same broad culture etc) will simply not work and it never has hence why nation states exist.

No, we've survived the (partial) destruction of culture and changes to morality for logical and individual libertarian reasons, not dogmatic ones. If it was dogma we'd all be told that we absolutely must be out having sex with everyone all the time.

Which is how it is evolving, see the examples concerning culture where sex and pro-cultural revolutionary messages come out of the radio, the television, the newspapers. The same can be said for sex education, where children even of primary age are taught how to have sex - it's disgusting and something I find creepy because it teaches children an entirely alien concept for the sake of a dogmatic ideology that took root in the 1960s.

Bit of a daft question anyway considering humans are the only cultural civilisation we know of

Humanity isn't a civilisation, civilisations are ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the British Empire etc.

FlyingJesus
05-04-2012, 08:21 PM
If opposing people selling their bodies makes me and others bigoted, I don't know what that makes you - it certainly doesn't make you enlightened as you new age 'thinkers' or self-described 'progressives' like to think. Indeed, I see nothing progressive about selling our bodies for sex, rather, its regressive behaviour and regressive to think that its perfectly fine.

If that was at all what I was saying you'd have a point, but since I actually already explained what I was calling bigoted - and it isn't what you're suggesting - you absolutely do not, much like you do not have any right to tell me what I think of myself (which you're also wrong about, by the way)

A society which doesn't have a pan-culture (ie the broad same system of morality, the same customs, the same laws, the same broad culture etc) will simply not work and it never has hence why nation states exist.

A morality as simple as "don't hurt other people" is more than enough to work with. Humans adapt, and if we didn't have that ability we'd still be in our natural state of tribal society rather than metropolitan - something which is not actually natural to us but that we find beneficial as a species. I don't see how not telling people that they must act a certain way with regards to themselves is going to destroy society as a whole when society involves far more than the individual

Which is how it is evolving, see the examples concerning culture where sex and pro-cultural revolutionary messages come out of the radio, the television, the newspapers. The same can be said for sex education, where children even of primary age are taught how to have sex - it's disgusting and something I find creepy because it teaches children an entirely alien concept for the sake of a dogmatic ideology that took root in the 1960s.

Again it's possible to counter by saying that the desexualisation of the people was for the sake of a dogmatic ideology that took root in the early 1000s give or take a century. I don't think it's important for primary school children to know how sex works, but for those approaching puberty it's absolutely of importance and it's only "dogmatic ideology" from a couple of centuries ago that stopped teen sex being a widespread norm in the first place.

Humanity isn't a civilisation, civilisations are ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the British Empire etc.

The point was that since only humans have (to our knowledge) built up civilisations there's not likely to be other civilisations as successful as ours to compare, since we're as advanced as we ever have been

MissAlice
07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
It’s your body, so it’s your choice, and I am surprised it’s not been legalised. I imagine a few massage parlours already provide the service. We can’t stop it!

The consequences of selling your body carry risks, possibly then and even later on in life. It’s not just about sexually transmitted diseases.

If the sole purpose is to contribute towards the high tuition fees, then what else are you prepared to sell yourself for when you are desperate for money? That new car you’ve got your eye on? Or a deposit for a mortgage? Just when do you stop selling your body?

It could so easily become a way of life, you may even choose to see the world as a high flying prostitute, with or without a degree, you can earn thousands of pounds a week.

Could the people who have paid for your services be a future employer? Or a client whose business you want to be involved in? Or when you meet the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and they introduce you to their parents, brother or sister, and you discover they were once one of your customers, will you be prepared for that situation? It does happen.

Your past actions remain a part of your life, even if you regret them long after, we can't wipe the slate clean. I respect my body and would only want to share it with someone I really care for. So the answer for me personally is no. I want to keep my dignity and be respected by those that are important in my life, and if I have to work hard to achieve what I want in life, then that’s the route I will take.

We all have a price to pay for our own success; I want to be proud of how I achieve it, and hope I never have to consider selling myself, because I couldn’t do it, and feel sorry for anyone that sees prostitution as the only way.

Zak
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
If a fit girl paid me to have sex with her, I would. ;P

RockyHorror
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
If a fit girl paid me to have sex with her, I would. ;P

Haven't you got a girlfriend, who looks like your body double?

on topic;

I don't feel it could ever be legalised, as it would be too difficult to regulate. Thats all I have.

Metric1
12-04-2012, 05:17 AM
You can say whatever, EVERYONE HAS THEIR PRICE.

What do you think your mom does if she wants a new car or a new cooker or a new pair of shoes that she wants your dad to buy for her, she probably does things she doesn't normally do in the bedroom for her. Sex doesn't have to be for money, it can be for things that money buys. Every time your mom sleeps with your dad or her partner or her boyfriend, most of the time it isn't for the pleasure she's receiving, it keeps him from going around the corner and ******* the first girl that will have him. If your parents aren't having sex, chances are they aren't together or they're cheating on each other. Keeping your partner around keeps his/her income flowing into the household. PEOPLE NEED SEX TO FUNCTION, it's a fact of life.

Prime example. A few weeks ago I had a girl over and we had sex. She left in the morning and she took a pair of my boxers. Technically I paid her for sex. I didn't give her money, I gave her a pair of black, cotton size large Polo Ralph Lauren boxers worth about $20 new -depreciation (because I wore them a few times).

kuzkasate
15-04-2012, 06:55 PM
You can say whatever, EVERYONE HAS THEIR PRICE.

What do you think your mom does if she wants a new car or a new cooker or a new pair of shoes that she wants your dad to buy for her, she probably does things she doesn't normally do in the bedroom for her. Sex doesn't have to be for money, it can be for things that money buys. Every time your mom sleeps with your dad or her partner or her boyfriend, most of the time it isn't for the pleasure she's receiving, it keeps him from going around the corner and ******* the first girl that will have him. If your parents aren't having sex, chances are they aren't together or they're cheating on each other. Keeping your partner around keeps his/her income flowing into the household. PEOPLE NEED SEX TO FUNCTION, it's a fact of life.

Prime example. A few weeks ago I had a girl over and we had sex. She left in the morning and she took a pair of my boxers. Technically I paid her for sex. I didn't give her money, I gave her a pair of black, cotton size large Polo Ralph Lauren boxers worth about $20 new -depreciation (because I wore them a few times).

Well mine certainly doesn't do that, she takes up extra shifts at work.

But anyway, in my opinion - prostitution, morally is wrong. But that's what society's turned into, I mean common a lot of shops i.e Primark sell saucy underwear, high heels, bra's to 9 year old's (when most 9 year old's don't actually need them) - that's just disgusting. But that's what today's society has created, it's sexualised everything. Sex is no longer something special between 2 people (in most cases) it's just something to brag about nowadays. Look at the teenage pregnancy rates, we our selves has created this. So having sex for something is a lot more acceptable these days.

Still, I think it should be purely up to the person. As long as they aren't being forced into it, I guess it's acceptable.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!