PDA

View Full Version : do you/did you enjoy yr time in education?

beth
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
i think it's really interesting the way different people had different experiences with education.

for me, i would give anything to go back to school and have that experience all over again. i absolutely ******* loved it. though i've had many ups and downs (including being permenantly excluded and having to go against exam boards etc) i was never in any rush to leave and spent the majority of my school days laughing and having fun (and still ended up with very decent grades).

i suppose i can kinda contribute that to the fact i was never bullied and i always had a very strong friendship group, i got on really with most people in school and if people didn't like me, i never really got to hear about it.

so how about you? do you enjoy school or can you not wait to get away from the people and the place?

buttons
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
hated the teachers, hated the pupils, hated the lessons. loved being a rebel. i can't have gone through all that years and not have learnt anything about myself but i honestly can't think. don't think i "grew" as a person until i left so yeah im glad i did as soon as i did. wish i did earlier actually... don't really regret how bad i did in exams cause the only thing i was even remotely good at was english and i got the grade i wanted. felt like i was being dragged down and held back there. wanted to get out in to the real world and away from all those bad memories.

David
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
hated it except I.T and Biology.
when i was in school everyone kept telling me "you'll miss these years they're the best of your life" but I don't miss it at all.
hated it so much i left at 15

cocaine
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
i ******* hated secondary school with every fibre and inch of my body

uni's good though

dirrty
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
education (primary, high school and college) has always been one of the best times of my life. stress-free (minus exams), chill in' with friends all the time and generally dossing around. once i graduate next year, i think i'll actually be kinda upset as it officially means i'm no longer in education and have to move on and start acting like a complete adult. WAHHHH :'(

=Lizzy
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I love my school, My friends are lovely so are the teachers. Theres a few kids who think they are the world and above but idc. haha I probably like the lessons im good at more because well im good at them. In science though its terrible teachers crap

beth
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
when i was in school everyone kept telling me "you'll miss these years they're the best of your life" but I don't miss it at all.

when i was at school and i was stressed and people said that to me, i was like **** OFF CAN'T WAIT TO BE AN ADULT but i miss school so much it's unreal.

dirrty
09-04-2012, 07:07 PM
when i was at school and i was stressed and people said that to me, i was like **** OFF CAN'T WAIT TO BE AN ADULT but i miss school so much it's unreal.
same :( i mostly miss sixth form tho because i had loads of free periods so we'd just sit in the sixth form area, watch tv and just generally have fun. was also the years of numerous house parties aswell lol

Rozi
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Never really had much of a problem with the schools themselves, I liked the teachers and the majority of the people and I've always had friends. However, I hate school so so so so so so so much. It always felt like a complete waste of time when I could be doing so many better things. I have no problem with learning or authority, just the format of school with pointless things just didn't work for me. I think maybe I'd do far better in like a more continental style where the focus is on doing lots and lots and lots of work with none of the stupid learning methods.

beth
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
same :( i mostly miss sixth form tho because i had loads of free periods so we'd just sit in the sixth form area, watch tv and just generally have fun. was also the years of numerous house parties aswell lol

oh my god year 10 and year 11 we started to do like house parties or random shindigs, i swear to god i used to be able to drink vodka straight back then. we used to have so much fun just sitting in gardens with one wkd between everyone and a ciggie between 10 hahahahaha. so many good memories uhhhh i wish i was 15/16 again.

Neversoft
09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I found school completely boring and most of my experiences rather expendable. Nothing really happened at school, it's just a place I went to and learnt a bit and played with my friends and done some stupid stuff and that was it. But college was the best years of my life, so much happened, I made some brilliant friends and for the first time in my life I felt like I was getting somewhere. University so far has been rather mixed, some days I enjoy it, others I don't, but all in all it's okay. Education for me has been a mixed bag, but college made up for all the bad times. Tenfold.

geo
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I really hate school. I want a new start and new friends.
I dislike the teachers, 99% of the people there and I don't feel comfortable at all there. My friends don't understand me and whenever I'm at school all I think about is coming home. Even the subjects I like I don't enjoy because of the teachers and the class. Can't wait for a new start.

Cerys
09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I hate school.
I hate the students and the teachers (the ones I know). I don't hate people for no reason, I just hate them if they hate me.

I just can't wait to get to university and to get a job and my own house. It'll be the actual start of my life.

dbgtz
09-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Pre-secondary was OK, though I don't really remember it.

I didn't like the first few years of secondary but year 10 and 11 was good and I wished I had more time in year 11, it was easily my best year in education so far. Currently, college is pretty **** to be honest and I really cannot wait to leave next year (hopefully).

Hoping university will be good if I go.

Roxy
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
i love it atm, only have a few weeks left though and i really dont want to leave :(

i went through a phase of hating school and just wanting to grow up in year 8/9 although i think that was because i was doing a lot of subjects i didn't like and was having quite a few issues with friends too. i still dislike the school although gcses was where it all changed for me - i picked subjects i knew i'd enjoy / be able to do well in and i made a lot of new friends and i've ended up in quite a large friendship group but i absoloutely love it. i get on with pretty much everyone and just generally have a laugh in lessons.

i won't miss the school itself or most of my teachers/subjects, but i am going to miss just seeing everyone every day.

FlyingJesus
09-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Best years of my life, hands down. I was at the top of the social ladder, always in top classes doing well without a single spit of effort being put in, got on with most of my teachers, fell in love, and was basically just having the time of my life. Would honestly give so much to be that carefree and ignorant again

Inseriousity.
09-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Had a horrible start. In reception had the worst teacher ever who'd shout at me cos I couldn't draw. lol seriously. still can't draw btw, don't think I ever really liked art after that. Thankfully I ended up moving schools and had a much better education from there. I still enjoy it now at uni and I'm one of those annoying geeks who gets bored after like a week during the summer holidays. I just want to learn new things or have a debate with someone (although not geeky enough to miss writing essays, no way). I graduate from uni next year and am completely dreading it. It's a big step and I'll miss the comfort zone of saying "im at school/college/uni" to avoid those rather big steps. I'm comfortable with the system, I don't wanna leave but that's what it's all for so onwards and upwards.

Shockwave.2CC
09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Sorta, but i wouldn't say it was the best

shiver
10-04-2012, 01:09 AM
i generally liked secondary school, had a good group of friends, got on well with teachers and got good grades without really putting much effort in lol

i LOVED sixth form and now that i'm at uni i miss it even more. same group of friends, everyone seemed to mature and it was nice. got good grades without really trying again, i just got bored by a-levels and the narrow curriculum

liking uni for the most part but it requires more effort and my attention span is ridiculously little so i get bored easily. but i'm doing alright grade wise!!! one thing i dislike is some flatmates but they're tolerable, i couldn't choose them and don't have long left to live with them

GirlNextDoor15
10-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Had lots of ups and downs. I used to get really good grades(all As) but I disliked certain teachers and some ***** in school used to tease me everyday. they bullied me for 1 or 2 years and when i finally wanna be rebellious, my grades dropped badly and a lot of stuff happened y'no. that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy it. I like the feeling of having something to do in my life and if I could just turn back time, I'll put in more effort to get good grades. I miss school days :( i guess things arent the same anymore as we grow older.. :'(

what happened after 15?

Ellz
10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
i found school really boring but i'm at sixth form now and its really cool becuase you get treated like an adult instead of a child like in normal school!

Oleh
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Looking back (2 years ago) I actually enjoyed it. But whilst I was actually there I didn't. Probably due to all the stuff I didn't want to do where as at college it's 1 topic I love. More enjoyable experience imo. Room full of people doing the same thing, all week <3

Catchy
10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah I really loved it, I miss college so much because I had such a tight group of friends but now obviously we've all gone our sep ways and don't really see each other, I only see probably two of my friends from college often. We were all really close though because we went abroad twice all of us together, so that helped us all bond so much. School I don't miss as much as college but I still do miss it and sometimes wish I could go back but yer I'm returning to education in September so hopefully I have lots more good times to come :)

laurr
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
h8 school it so borin and wot not dnt rli enjoy it lolz

Abbie.
10-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Mainly 6th form but I loved school

Mark
10-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm still at Secondary School at the moment and it's boring me now. I want to move on with my life whether that be University (if I get a place), College or whatever. I'm sick of the pointless subjects you had to take at the start and how nowadays incompetent teachers aren't dealt with properly, they're given a slap on the wrist and told to do better.

wiktoria
10-04-2012, 06:10 PM
i really don't like school. all my lessons are so **** and i wish i didn't pick certain things. i don't even look forward to the lunch break anymore because it's really **** and boring. SOMETIMES i enjoy my lunch but i still h8 school. can't wait to go college n then uni

kitten
10-04-2012, 06:18 PM
i hate school, i hate everything about it and everyone there lols

Jazz
11-04-2012, 09:55 AM
yeah i did, im looking forward to going back to 6th form in september

MotorStefan95
11-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm kind of on the line between liking it and not liking it. I couldn't have picked a worse school. It seemed like a good choice at the time and it was for the first two years. Then the new principal came and it went downhill. I could never have got through it without my friends. I would have left straight away. It has started to improve though. I'm leaving school in June and I have got to say, it has been a good few years of good and bad memories.

I used to have one friend in the school who I don't consider as a friend anymore. Every time I tried to make new friends he would try and stop me from doing it. He would hide my schoolbag, try to make me do embarrassing things and generally being extremely annoying 98% of the time. One day it became to much for me and I smacked his head of the wall a few times in rage. He left the next month. Most people didn't like him because he bullied people. I made a lot of friends after doing that.

Another thing I like about school is the days you get off. You get a lot of time to relax and it really does help when you have exams.

InsaneIcon
13-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Don't enjoy one bit, even though I try, my body doesn't feel like it :L - It's easy, but my minds thinking of something else which annoys me.

Ticklestar
13-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Everyone has there up, and downs, you just got to pull through :]

Technologic
13-04-2012, 05:19 PM
I loved it until i got ill... it was more the being ill that made it suck but yeah. All better now

shiver
14-04-2012, 01:55 AM
GOSH it seems like no one likes/liked school

imo u will look back on it in a more positive light as time goes on..x

Janitor
19-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I absolutely hated school & if I was given the opportunity to go back I don't think I would. I got to the middle of year 8 before I decided it was a massive waste of my time and I stopped attending, I was never a trouble maker, a naughty kid or was bullied- I just disliked it, a lot & my decision to stop going didn't ever effect me getting a good job and having a career. Although I wouldn't reccomend anybody drops out because it is so very important I guess, stay in school kids! & all that jazz.

MKR&*42
19-04-2012, 08:11 PM
No I don't enjoy it. Mainly because I dislike the majority of people that go to my school and try to only have a small circle of friends because too many would probably annoy me? I like being alone + independent and unfortunately I can never be like that at school lol, I always have 1 of my friends following me or pestering me over something. Of course, there are still times when they do cheer me up obviously.

But yes, probably down to the fact I have to endure 7 hours a day of 100's of 16 year olds acting like they're 2. Glad that study leave is in 1 month 4 days for us.

Grig
19-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Lots of up and downs.

But at the end despite how much I say argh more essays, I do get a lot out of them and I wouldn't be half the person I am without it. So generally, education is the foundation of life in the world today. It not only develops you, but helps you reach success in the future.

I made loads of friends and was always pretty popular, so was generally happy. I think people posting "oh I won't go back to school" are silly, because at the end of the day you would achieve much less without it.

As for Uni, having some of the best times in my life atm!

Rixion
21-04-2012, 12:31 AM
hate school but feeling optimistic for college, people say it's a large step but it's a large step in doing something you enjoy, unlike being forced to stay in despisable subjects right up till the end plus there's new faces.

MrViaticus
22-04-2012, 12:53 PM
When I was at school my favourite subject and the only subject I was well behaved in was food tech, mainly because no matter how little I tried the teachers would praise me. Then I'd end up getting top marks, I dunno if it was because she liked me or whether it's cause I'm a good cook. Nearly every practical lesson, she'd get the head teacher up to sample my cooking which made me feel good. Although the practical side was good, when it came to writing stuff down I was like Nah chuff that. So I did the same as most of my other lessons and went for a walk.

English was another good subject, I was in the bottom set so didn't really try. I did two years worth of work within a year just so I could get away with messing around and winding everyone else up. The great thing about English was the teacher just let me get on with it and never held me back by making me go at the classes pace.

Rhw
22-04-2012, 01:49 PM
There have always been odd moments where I get sick of school because of routine and lack of freedom. But I find that when I'm not at school I think about the good times. For me, it balances out and I'm probably going to miss school when I leave for University.

But I'm trying to enjoy every moment in education!

e5
22-04-2012, 01:51 PM
im in sixth form now but miss being in normal school. met the best ppl ever and was prob best time of my life. prob will miss sixth form too byut atm is sux

CaptainAce$$
22-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Hated it and will never miss it. Glad I don't have to go anymore (:

Recursion
23-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't so much miss Year 11 and below, but Sixth Form were perhaps the best years of my life and I'd love to go back :/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!