PDA

View Full Version : Roy Hodgson

Deak
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
So now we know that Roy Hodgson will lead England for the next 4 years as England manager.

He is going to stay with West Brom until the final game of the season on May 13th against Arsenal - which is a good thing to do!

I personally didnt see him as first choice like most others, who wanted to see Harry Redknapp... now the appointment has been made we have to give him a good chance, follow the team and see what happens!

What are your thoughts on the appointment of Roy Hodgson of England manager?

FlyingJesus
01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Genuinely do not understand this decision - maybe he was the cheapest? Who knows.

j0rd
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Kinda good for Swansea, Rodgers was favorite to take over if Redknapp took England job.

Lee
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm shocked, but I'm willing to give him a fair chance before I start speculating so good luck to Roy!

brandon
01-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm surprised that after all the hype Redknapp wasn't even approached.

Deak
01-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Also looks like Roman Abramovich wants to tempt Harry Redknapp to take charge of Chelsea next season ... now that would be a good managerial choice for Chelsea... but i personally would give it to Roberto Di Matteo as he has done great since he took the reigns.

Matthew
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Also looks like Roman Abramovich wants to tempt Harry Redknapp to take charge of Chelsea next season ... now that would be a good managerial choice for Chelsea... but i personally would give it to Roberto Di Matteo as he has done great since he took the reigns.

Don't want Harry, in fact I don't want anyone else for that matter.

I want RDM, he's done an excellent job and even if chelsea finish 5th with no trophies, I think he should get the job. I'm tired of Roman signing 'top class' managers and then just sacking them after one bad season. Its wrong and its embarrassing. Sign up RDM permanently and give him time to do his thing!

Deak
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Don't want Harry, in fact I don't want anyone else for that matter.

I want RDM, he's done an excellent job and even if chelsea finish 5th with no trophies, I think he should get the job. I'm tired of Roman signing 'top class' managers and then just sacking them after one bad season. Its wrong and its embarrassing. Sign up RDM permanently and give him time to do his thing!

Totally agree with this statement! He has done an excellent job, and he has the chance to be the man who is in charge who wins them their first ever champions league trophy!

Rottentroll
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I like Roy. Always comes across a nice bloke and gets results from players. He took Switzerland to number 3 in the world rankings...Switzerland! No offence to any Swiss users.

Unfortunately he'll be crucified by the media at the first sign of things going wrong, purely on the grounds that he isn't Harry Redknapp.

It doesn't matter who is in charge because we simply haven't got the players capable of winning anything. The press have slaughtered every manager we've had. Even Sir Bobby was cruelly lambasted by a media that's more deluded than any Liverpool fan. Scousers on Sky Sports News were saying they don't think he's good enough for the job. Bit ironic seeing as 'King Kennys' record is worse than Hodgson's yet he's good enough to be God apparently.

FlyingJesus
01-05-2012, 10:28 PM
It doesn't matter who is in charge because we simply haven't got the players capable of winning anything

This is simply untrue, Ashley Cole is probably the world's best left back atm, Rooney on form is an incredible striker, Gerrard is fab when he wakes up... the problem is that they simply don't gel as a team - I can't name an England player who performs better for country than club

Rottentroll
01-05-2012, 11:03 PM
This is simply untrue, Ashley Cole is probably the world's best left back atm, Rooney on form is an incredible striker, Gerrard is fab when he wakes up... the problem is that they simply don't gel as a team - I can't name an England player who performs better for country than club

I agree with what you're saying about Ashley Cole. Always puts in a good shift for both club and country. Our stand out player by a mile...which says a lot about the rest of the team.

Rooney does have the talent but it's just a shame he's a complete and utter idiot who needs to show some respect.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4723/rooney.gif

On Monday night Rooney clearly used foul language at the referee on several occasions.

Funny how Yaya gets booked for dissent (bouncing the ball) but Rooney can abuse away with impunity.

He does it every game and the referees are a disgrace for allowing it. Not a single yellow card all season...

Anyway, I think England making it through the group stage will be quite an achievement. Our players are EXTREMELY overrated.

Lee
04-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I agree with what you're saying about Ashley Cole. Always puts in a good shift for both club and country. Our stand out player by a mile...which says a lot about the rest of the team.

Rooney does have the talent but it's just a shame he's a complete and utter idiot who needs to show some respect.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4723/rooney.gif

On Monday night Rooney clearly used foul language at the referee on several occasions.

Funny how Yaya gets booked for dissent (bouncing the ball) but Rooney can abuse away with impunity.

He does it every game and the referees are a disgrace for allowing it. Not a single yellow card all season...

Anyway, I think England making it through the group stage will be quite an achievement. Our players are EXTREMELY overrated.

It's shocking, he's at it all the time. I don't know if Alex Fergison takes action himself on this but he should, in addition to the useless FA (or FIFA, or whoever is incharge...)

redtom
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I can't name an England player who performs better for country than club

The Legend that is Emile Heskey. Hopefully Roy will get him out of international retirement and we'll all be happier :D haha

FlyingJesus
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Heskey is perfect whatever he does, should have been made manager

Oleh
04-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Roy is a better manager than Harry, I don't see why people want Harry more.

Walks06
17-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I agree with the FA on this one, he has sense whereas 'Arry isn't exactly the type of manager for a job thats not day to day

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!