PDA

View Full Version : Do you go fishing or hunting?

FiftyCal
06-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I was just wondering what kind of outdoor "sports" you go do. I haven't gone fishing a lot but just last year i went camping in the desert and went squirrel hunting, i couldn't grill them because nobody wanted me to grill squirrels on the same grill we use to cook food on! Anyways if you're all interested here's some pics i took on my camping adventure

Warning: May contain offensive content, do not look if you don't like the whole idea of hunting animals and blood

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250852_2120111402639_1241427113_2538069_7215103_n. jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251079_2119589669596_1241427113_2537265_6004024_n. jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248015_2120162443915_1241427113_2538133_4438229_n. jpg

Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' as I feel you'll get a better response here.

Kyle
06-05-2012, 08:48 PM
nah i dont agree with hunting for sport rly. those squirrels are bloody massive lol what did you do with them afterwards? do you keep their pelts or just put them in the bin or w.e

Cerys
06-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I remember when I was younger I used to go fishing with my dad early on saturdays.
I never managed to catch many things, but anything we did catch we put back in the lake :)
I don't really agree with hunting. Its like, how would you like it if someone murdered you for a sport? xP

Samantha
06-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I go fishing sometimes but not to kill or anything, I just fish and put them back. I only go pond fishing really though so I'm not dealing with large fish only carp etc. I like fishing though!

geo
06-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I remember when I was younger my dad took me out fishing and I just found it so boring. I'm not too patient and it the weather wasn't great so I was put off completely. If people enjoy doing it then so be it, it's just not for me. That's for hunting too, never saw what was so great in it haha. I don't really think I could bring myself to killing something.

FiftyCal
06-05-2012, 09:23 PM
nah i dont agree with hunting for sport rly. those squirrels are bloody massive lol what did you do with them afterwards? do you keep their pelts or just put them in the bin or w.e Well my friend just left them there lol they were as hard as a rock

Neversoft
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I love fishing. I think it's one of the most serene activities there is. I've been quite a few times, but haven't gone in a while now. I'm trying to get my friends to go on a fishing trip sometime, haha.

GirlNextDoor15
07-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Naaaa. There are a lot of activities I haven't try before in my life. Although I think camping in a jungle and listening to the sounds of nature is far better than this. I'd go on a food trip rather than a fishing trip.

Eric
07-05-2012, 08:11 AM
I went fishing twice. it was a few years ago. it's a bit boring but i really like it though. i hope i could get some of my friends to go fishing with me sometime.

I dont like hunting i think it's cruel. lol

GirlNextDoor15
07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I went fishing twice. it was a few years ago. it's a bit boring but i really like it though. i hope i could get some of my friends to go fishing with me sometime.

I dont like hunting i think it's cruel. lol

And less cruel to fish? lol wtf

Paige.
07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Well my friend just left them there lol they were as hard as a rock

so basically you killed the squirrels for your own entertainment as they were just left there and put to no use at all. vile.
also i don't see how hunting/fishing is a sport at all anyway? you hardly move around you just shoot or throw your rod in the sea...
i strongly disagree with hunting and fishing

Succubus
07-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I go fishing, not often, but when I do I always put the fish back into the water.

Woah, nice hunting Kerby. They are massive, wth..

I don't really have much of a opinion on hunting, I don't disagree but I don't agree. It has nothing to do with me and I don't want to know about it :P

dbgtz
07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
No, they're poth pointless and do no good as a sport.

I know someone who's taken fisheries as a course which is even more pointless.

Eric
07-05-2012, 01:18 PM
And less cruel to fish? lol wtf

yea? i think it's less cruel when i kill something that i will eat and gives me protein instead of killing something that is not edible or something that i don't even eat.

Empired
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I guess I'm strange and think fishing is more cruel than hunting just 'cause of the hooks. And I know not everyone uses hooks, but the people who do it's just ugh IMO.

Hunting is ok I guess 'cause the world is overpopulated with some sorts of animals. Only think you should hunt the ones that aren't in danger of being wiped or anything.
Popular types of fish are becoming endangered too so I don't mind if you go down to your local lake or whatever like people in hxf do, but I disagree with those mass-fisher guys who just shove a net in the sea, catch gazillions of fish and then throw back the ones they don't like to die of shock in the ocean...

Lee
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I've never taken part in such sports, but I don't have a massive objection to them. I dislike people showing off dead animals they've killed getting a buzz out of it though :/

FiftyCal
08-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Well we were going to cook the squirrels but it was really hot out and while we were gathering more they were baked. I used to go fishing a lot but i dont eat any of the fish i catch unless its salmon or rainbow trout

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!