PDA

View Full Version : Last Day of the Season - Football

luce
13-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Predictions?

Who will win, who will go down. Simple as!

For me I still think City have a chance to mess this up. There is more in the game for QPR because they need a point to stay up, get more money, secure more players, and have another season in the PL. That is a MASSIVE prize. Whereas for city if they lose, they come back next year, new manager, new players and they start over.

Yes I know the city players obviously want to, and United have to win. But I think the title race is far from over yet.

On going down, I haven't been following the relegation battle, I know Blackburn and Wolves are down. So if my predictions about QPR are right I think it's an overdue farewell to Bolton after Wigan's recent impressive run of form.

Deak
13-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I think City will get a late winner and clinch the title.
I think Bolton will end up drawing and being relegated

=Lizzy
13-05-2012, 10:06 AM
i really hope city do win but who knows anything could happen

Lamz
13-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I think city are gonna get this 1; would be great to see QPR win though & remain a premiership team, I mean they've worked so hard to get to where they are now & I think in about 2/3 years they'll be a much stronger & better team performance wise.

Hope Arsenal win against WBA this afternoon too so we can at least come 3rd!

DPS
13-05-2012, 03:26 PM
To start have to say congrats to Hooper for the 5 goals for Celtic, champions of scotland once again :)

Seems like UTD will win now, would be gutting for city fans lol.

as i typed this its 2 - 1 to QPR lmao

---------- Post added 13-05-2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

And Joey Barton should be kicked out from playing football.

Matthew
13-05-2012, 04:01 PM
The most incredible end to a season ever, haha.

=Lizzy
13-05-2012, 04:02 PM
well played man city what an end

luce
13-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I think City will get a late winner and clinch the title.
I think Bolton will end up drawing and being relegated

haha bet you're beaming with that prediction.

Couldn't believe it. Gutted. But we move on to the Euro's and next season now...

Deak
13-05-2012, 05:10 PM
haha bet you're beaming with that prediction.

Couldn't believe it. Gutted. But we move on to the Euro's and next season now...

Guess who didn't have a bet on that either :/

What an end to the Premier League season!

Tomorrow night is next match on my agenda ... the L1 play off semi final 2nd leg :)

SackRace
13-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Rangers 4-0 St Johnstone, we lost the title due to administration but oh well. Our club will never die. Take over bid has been acpected too, so good news!

GoldenMerc
13-05-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_bV3NuSaFQ

Arron
13-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Not been here for a long time. But my goodness what a final day today was. Pure emotion. United were champions at around 16:50 but two minutes later and two goals later City clinched the title in the most dramatic ways possible. I didn't opt to use Sky Sports split match feature because I wanted to flick to SSN during the 90 minutes to get updates from other games. I just can't believe City pulled that off and I've actually congratulated City's performance on Twitter and Facebook. I don't wanna watch the first 25 minutes of MOTD because it will be heartbreaking to watch over again how close we were to retaining our title and claiming it for the 20th time. I'm not a sore loser, we did our bit as we pulled off a very comfortable away win. The bragging rights go to City this year.

DPS
13-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Rangers 4-0 St Johnstone, we lost the title due to administration but oh well. Our club will never die. Take over bid has been acpected too, so good news!

LOL yeah you lost because of going into Admin.. you only lost what 10 points, you would of lost anyway.

Deak
13-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I thought Rangers lost 10 points but finished 20 points behind :/ ... Anyway it just wasnt to be for Rangers this year.

I still cant believe what happened in the Premiership last day with all the emotions teams felt...
Title not decided until the end ... 3rd n 4th not confirmed til the end & the final relegation spot also not fully confirmed til the end! A lot of ups and downs in emotions today for many teams & fans!

Anyway the big game is tonight (monday) live on Sky... Games dont get much bigger than the League 1 play off 2nd leg!
lol! Come on Sheff United :D

Matthew
14-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Hooper scored 5 goals too for celtic.

should he be taken to the Euros?

DPS
14-05-2012, 05:26 PM

Hooper is the best player Celtic have :) coming from a Celtic fan.

But honestly i dont think he would want to play for England, i heard wales is trying to get paperwork so prove he can play for them.

He did wanna play for scotland but due to some reason he isnt allowed.

Rottentroll
15-05-2012, 12:56 PM
AguerrooooooOOOOOOOO!

Kasabian
15-05-2012, 06:59 PM

No - much better options available.

Final weekend was immense, couldn't believe how tense it was in the pub watching it. Much better for myself, as I was neutral throughout the season. Couldn't believe the twists and turns and how it came down to the wire, you literally couldn't have scripted it. As for City, I was abit pissed that their squad was just thrown together in pre-season and viola, but they played some great football throughout the season - You don't beat your rivals 6-1 for no reason.

As for Man utd, great season for them, despite the end result. They showed the depth they had in the squad and ability to grind out results. Looking forward to next season already.

On a side note - I'm not sure why Liverpool were so happy with City winning the league, just means another club has won the Premier League before them.

Spuds
18-05-2012, 12:30 PM
We ******* did it. :cheers::drunk:

Walks06
18-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Best finish to a season there ever will be i think!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!