PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Final

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Just under 50 minutes till kick off.

Bayern Munich: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Tymoschuk, Contento, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Robben, Mueller, Ribery, Gomez.
Subs: Butt, Van Buyten, Petersen, Olic, Rafinha, Usami, Pranjic.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Kalou, Mikel, Lampard, Bertrand, Mata, Drogba.
Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Romeu, Torres, Malouda, Ferreira, Sturridge.

Referee: Pedro Proenca (Portugal)

Personally, I think Munich will win this 3-1, but it's hard to predict.

Also, food for thought, on the 3 occasions the Champions League/European cup final has been in Munich, a team has won it for the first time(Notts Forest '79, Marseille '93 & Borussia Dortmund '97). Could be a good omen for Chelsea.

Predictions?

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Think chelsea could snatch it tbh, Will this be on Xbox sky? (Live)

j0rd
19-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm watching it, up the CFC

brandon
19-05-2012, 06:06 PM
When Bertrand was on loan at Norwich he was decent in a poor squad but I assumed he wouldn't make it at Chelsea, never thought I'd see him start in a CL final!

I think Chelsea 2-1.

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Think chelsea could snatch it tbh, Will this be on Xbox sky? (Live)

Yes pal. Sky Sports 1 or ITV1.

Matthew
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Kalous hair lol!

2-1 to Chelsea ;)

Lee
19-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Not long k/o come on Bayer!

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 06:55 PM
End to end, as predicted. Gonna be a great game.

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 07:04 PM
What would be really good is if Chelsea could like... get the ball

I WOULD PLAY A 3-1-6 BECAUSE IT WOULD BE FUN

http://i47.tinypic.com/j98rgo.png

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 07:19 PM
What would be really good is if Chelsea could like... get the ball

Must admit, I do hate how defensive Chelsea play(in general, not just this game).

http://i.imgur.com/NuS1p.png

Bosingwa Monobrow Appreciation Society

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Gotta love the Bos

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Although, he look out of his depth in this game must admit.

SackRace
19-05-2012, 07:32 PM
HT: 0:0

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Hargreaves' German accent fully makes me piss

David
19-05-2012, 07:50 PM
said to my brother earlier this has a chance to go to penalties, in which the germans will shine as usual

but i feel chelsea could also pick up a goal after dragging out a tie for 85 minutes.

Lee
19-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Hope we see this go to pens!

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Can't say that goal wasn't coming!

---------- Post added 19-05-2012 at 09:29 PM ----------

and as i post that, chelsea score! game on!

David
19-05-2012, 08:30 PM
game on indeed

side note, gary neville ******ed again.

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 08:40 PM
What a fantastic attack there, Chelsea actually looking the far stronger side at the end. Really hope it doesn't go to pens and lol Drogba's free kick...

Also how amazing has Cole been at nearly every point

David
19-05-2012, 08:45 PM
my thoughts: torres should have got the penalty, ribery shouldnt have - he's ripping it now too with the stretches.

---------- Post added 19-05-2012 at 09:47 PM ----------

terrible penalty, predicted bottom right myself :P

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Uploaded a few onto my Youtube few little clips on my potato (Kasabian noob)
Drogba Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yfUEGcCatU
Drogpa giving penalty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLXrpBCMMU

Game's brilliant so far, really exciting :D

David
19-05-2012, 09:31 PM
great game, honestly thought bayern would have stole that in penalties :O
schweinsteiger lost that for them i think, awful penalty. shame for them.

Stephen
19-05-2012, 09:33 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): Please don't post inappropriately, thanks

Matthew
19-05-2012, 09:33 PM
DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cannot believe we've won!

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 09:39 PM
my thoughts: torres should have got the penalty, ribery shouldnt have - he's ripping it now too with the stretches.

What did you not watch the game :P Torres wasn't touched and Drogba stomped on Ribery's ankle lol, that's from a Chelsea fan

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT DI MATTEO FOR LIFE best manager in the world
Ashley Cole MOTM surely?

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Such a amazing game!

David
19-05-2012, 09:42 PM
What did you not watch the game :P Torres wasn't touched and Drogba stomped on Ribery's ankle lol, that's from a Chelsea fan

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT DI MATTEO FOR LIFE best manager in the world
Ashley Cole MOTM surely?

I agree he played brilliant

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Cole did well, still think Lampard is MOTM personally.

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Just give every award to Di Matteo he's so cute LOOK AT HIM GETTING HIS MEDAL HE'S SO HAPPY I WANT TO ADOPT HIM

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Just give every award to Di Matteo he's so cute LOOK AT HIM GETTING HIS MEDAL HE'S SO HAPPY I WANT TO ADOPT HIM
u cant do that thomas :(

Deak
19-05-2012, 09:56 PM
WOW! What a game that was!

Chelsea's name has been on that trophy since the knock out stages!

Napoli = 3-1 down after away leg and then win 4-1 at home
Barca = all games - total defending, Messi missing penalty
Bayern = bayern better team on night, drogba scores in 88th min with first chelsea corner, robben missed extra time penalty, bayern missing both 4th & 5th penalties!

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE CONNECTED WITH CHELSEA FC.

Kasabian
19-05-2012, 09:57 PM
One word: stunning.

Di Matteo doesn't get the job, there will be many clubs after him.

---------- Post added 19-05-2012 at 11:00 PM ----------

Oh an munich playing the liquidator for chelsea makes it so much better!

Stephen
19-05-2012, 10:08 PM
DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cannot believe we've won!

you didn't win, you did **** all

chelsea won

GoldenMerc
19-05-2012, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKtToIiicI
Potato gun to the rescue. Chelsea played so poor in the first half though, suprised Munich didn't catch 2 goals on them then, but fair play they held it out on the last bit.

FlyingJesus
19-05-2012, 10:19 PM

chelsea won

Init lol I was celebrating and my friend text me "Oh well done!!!!!" I'm like cheers I tried really hard

SackRace
19-05-2012, 11:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKtToIiicI
Potato gun to the rescue. Chelsea played so poor in the first half though, suprised Munich didn't catch 2 goals on them then, but fair play they held it out on the last bit.

I think the last 2 penalties weren't very good because just before that Neur had to take the penalty cause they were struggling for players cause no one was confident, so they were probs panicking while taking the penalty

Spuds
20-05-2012, 04:19 PM

chelsea won
You can tell you're not an avid fan of club sports.

Walks06
20-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Congrats to Chelsea, i was watching it at a wedding reception.. the place eruptted!

Lanyon
21-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I wanted Bayern München to win :(

Grig
24-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I always hated Chelsea, **** team not built up properly with good academies but rather by stolen Russian oil wealth.

Bayern should have won, they had many more chances and it was just really bad luck on the day. Chelsea were really lucky with that goal just before 90 minutes.

Matthew
24-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I always hated Chelsea, **** team not built up properly with good academies but rather by stolen Russian oil wealth.

Bayern should have won, they had many more chances and it was just really bad luck on the day. Chelsea were really lucky with that goal just before 90 minutes.

That header was anything but lucky- it was one of the most powerful and best headers you will see :8.

Yes Bayern should have won, but should and did are two different words. Chelsea took their chances- Bayern didn't.

Grig
24-05-2012, 11:49 AM
That header was anything but lucky- it was one of the most powerful and best headers you will see :8.

Yes Bayern should have won, but should and did are two different words. Chelsea took their chances- Bayern didn't.

I'm not saying the actual header, I was talking about time-wise :P. The header was a good header however much it pains me to say.

You can't say Bayern didn't take their chances. They were the ones to try and take every chance possible in the first half and ball possession was overwhelmingly going to Bayern :P. This is why in general, I think they played the better game.

Matthew
24-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm not saying the actual header, I was talking about time-wise :P. The header was a good header however much it pains me to say.

You can't say Bayern didn't take their chances. They were the ones to try and take every chance possible in the first half and ball possession was overwhelmingly going to Bayern :P. This is why in general, I think they played the better game.

Of course you can say Bayern didn't take their chances- of the top of my head, Bayern had 20+ corners, chelsea had 1. Bayern had way more shots, but only 1 or 2 more on target than chelsea.

The game finished 1-1 even with Bayerns massively superior possession, shots and corners. Also, Bayern missed a penalty that WOULD have won the champions league. They did anything but take their chances!

Also your last point just backs it up- possession was overwhelmingly in Bayern's favour and they played a much better game- yet they could only score 1 goal- the same as chelsea who had only a few attempts and largely had to defend for the whole game.

Bayern deserved to win but thats not what counts ;)!

Grig
24-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Of course you can say Bayern didn't take their chances- of the top of my head, Bayern had 20+ corners, chelsea had 1. Bayern had way more shots, but only 1 or 2 more on target than chelsea.

The game finished 1-1 even with Bayerns massively superior possession, shots and corners. Also, Bayern missed a penalty that WOULD have won the champions league. They did anything but take their chances!

Also your last point just backs it up- possession was overwhelmingly in Bayern's favour and they played a much better game- yet they could only score 1 goal- the same as chelsea who had only a few attempts and largely had to defend for the whole game.

Bayern deserved to win but thats not what counts ;)!

We can twist arguments around all day :P! The fact Chelsea couldn't get possession means they were struggling, particularly in the first half, but WHEN they did get possession they played more technically. So I do see what you mean here.

There were a few moments in the game where Bayern did have a few really easy shots on goal and was a bit disappointed to see they missed so much off target!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!