PDA

View Full Version : Applied for my provisional

Lee
21-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah so I applied for my provisional this week! Can't wait to get on the road, how long did it take you to get your licence from starting lessons?

j0rd
21-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Took me 3 months and I was having about 3hours a week learning

Lee
21-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Took me 3 months and I was having about 3hours a week learning

Cool, I'm planning on having like 2 lessons a week :)

Fifty-Six
21-06-2012, 11:10 PM
How does licensing work in the Uk?

Here in Canada, at least in the province of British Columbia, we have a graduated licensing program. At 16 we can apply for our Learners permit (Red L magnet) by passing a multiple choice test on road safety/rules. With our Learners we must have a 25 year old + supervising us in car. After having our Learners for a year we can then take a road test with a grader who marks our performance on the road. If we pass that we then receive our Novice permit (little green N magnet for the bumper). There are some restrictions like only one passenger, no alcohol, etc. After 2 years we can then take a final test to get our full license. Quite a process, eh? :D

j0rd
21-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Cool, I'm planning on having like 2 lessons a week :)

I was having 2 lessons but each lesson was an hour and a half each

Lee
21-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I was having 2 lessons but each lesson was an hour and a half each

Ah ok, I think I will be in a similar situation hopefully, 3 months sounds ideal I'll need to put my head down tho :P

lawrawrrr
21-06-2012, 11:17 PM
im applying for mine soooooooon woo! mainly cos i need ID, cant afford a car/lessons :(

j0rd
21-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Ah ok, I think I will be in a similar situation hopefully, 3 months sounds ideal I'll need to put my head down tho :P
I would suggest an hour and a half lesson really. I tried single hour lessons and it felt like by the time you actually got going half your lesson was already gone. 2 hours seemed a bit long and near the end it got a bit too long.

Dublyu
21-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I took a total of around 45 lessons before I sat my test, my first thirty turned out I was being conned and then went with another company which I then started two hour lessons. Got it in no time :)

GoldenMerc
21-06-2012, 11:31 PM
took me 3 months but 7 lessons. Didn't really want to drive at first, then parents got me a car

Samantha
21-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm applying for mine just so I don't get asked ID when buying highlighters again xxMATTGxx; lawrawrrr; :rolleyes:.

Smurfed-
21-06-2012, 11:43 PM
im applying for mine soooooooon woo! mainly cos i need ID, cant afford a car/lessons :(

Haha same. I tried to buy the complete Harry Potter box set the other day. it was rated 12 and I got asked for ID. I'm 16 fml.

GOLD-VICAR
21-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Took me 4-6 months to get my driving license, passed second time with no minors/faults.

lawrawrrr
21-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm applying for mine just so I don't get asked ID when buying highlighters again @xxMATTGxx (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1020); @lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966); :rolleyes:.

LOLLLLLLLLLL awkward

Haha same. I tried to buy the complete Harry Potter box set the other day. it was rated 12 and I got asked for ID. I'm 16 fml.

omg LOL!! I have a passport + citizencard but i dont wanna take my passport out to clubs and places dont like accepting citizencards :(

Chris
22-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I did about 30 hours which was spread out over the course of 7 months!

Swearwolf
22-06-2012, 08:34 AM
How does licensing work in the Uk?

Here in Canada, at least in the province of British Columbia, we have a graduated licensing program. At 16 we can apply for our Learners permit (Red L magnet) by passing a multiple choice test on road safety/rules. With our Learners we must have a 25 year old + supervising us in car. After having our Learners for a year we can then take a road test with a grader who marks our performance on the road. If we pass that we then receive our Novice permit (little green N magnet for the bumper). There are some restrictions like only one passenger, no alcohol, etc. After 2 years we can then take a final test to get our full license. Quite a process, eh? :D

Provisional means you can drive the car when insured and supervised by someone over 21 years with a full licence held for minimum 3 years
Full licence is whenever you pass your test which you can do whenever, but you have to pass a theory test then the practical

Smurfed-
22-06-2012, 08:43 AM
omg LOL!! I have a passport + citizencard but i dont wanna take my passport out to clubs and places dont like accepting citizencards :(

I was fine with using my passport but my parents weren't so they told me to apply for a provisional.

lawrawrrr
22-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I was fine with using my passport but my parents weren't so they told me to apply for a provisional.

i started to get worried around holiday time, cos it takes up to 6 months to get a replacement!! I'm usually quite responsible but sometimes when I get realyl drunk I tend to black out so i'd prefer not to have that responsibility ;)

GoldenMerc
22-06-2012, 10:47 AM
i started to get worried around holiday time, cos it takes up to 6 months to get a replacement!! I'm usually quite responsible but sometimes when I get realyl drunk I tend to black out so i'd prefer not to have that responsibility ;)

I got my first replacement free, i lost it when clubbing and that came in like 2 weeks. lost it again and they made me pay £20 (which im fine with) which took like 4 weeks to come

lawrawrrr
22-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I got my first replacement free, i lost it when clubbing and that came in like 2 weeks. lost it again and they made me pay £20 (which im fine with) which took like 4 weeks to come

i said up to ;) when my sister got her replacement she had to pay 60 quid and waited 4 months! I swear you have to pay for replacement passports :S

GoldenMerc
22-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeh you do mine got stolen, you pretty much have to buy a new one

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!