PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2012 starts tomorrow! Who's excited, and who's your favorite player? =)

CreatureOfNight
25-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I myself, and super stoked, and cannot wait. Tennis is one of my favorite sports. And my favorite player is Rafael Nadal. =)

Nadal just posted this on FB, it's his last practice match until Wimbledon tomorrow.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/208852_10150945462556026_1568796348_n.jpg

Mark
25-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm travelling over night to go there tomorrow! I cannot wait :P

Rottentroll
25-06-2012, 07:40 PM
That time of year again where the English refer to Andy Murray as a 'Brit'.

Then once he's out call him 'The Scot'.

kuzkasate
25-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Sharapova and Djokovic to win.

CreatureOfNight
25-06-2012, 08:12 PM
:O Oh lucky! I envy you! Have fun, oh and please post pics. :D

Mark
25-06-2012, 08:25 PM

True!

:O Oh lucky! I envy you! Have fun, oh and please post pics. :D

I will :)

Shar
25-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Favourites are Djokovic and Sharapova. Also like Nadal but I don't see him winning

Deak
25-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Wimbledon started today ... :hmm:

Rottentroll
25-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Wimbledon started today ... :hmm:Ye, that show on BBC called Wimbledon 2012 was a bit of a giveaway I thought :D

Deak
25-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Venus Williams already out! <- didnt expect that in round 1

luce
25-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Guernsey girl heather watson did us proud and SMASHED it today on her centre court debut. Really hope she can go a couple more rounds but she will have to step it up again apparently to beat her next opponent :-)

CreatureOfNight
26-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I had just realized that after I posted lmfao. But I still wanted to leave the post up to see people's feedback and their favorite players :)

Ardemax
26-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Big Djokovic to win.

I don't really watch the women's (sorry!) so I don't really know who's gonna win and what not.

luce
26-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I prefer women's tennis to men because I think it's one of the only sports where there isn't a noticeable class, or excitement, barrier between the two genders, along with most events in athletics.

yeah they may not be as good on head to head but it's still so exciting to watch. I prefer it. :)

luce
27-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Just watching Heather play now, she cruised through the first set - but starting to get a bit nervy now in the second!!

Shar
27-06-2012, 11:33 AM
She's still leading, she's doing pretty good

Matt
27-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Lol at Tomic going mad and smashing his racket. I wanted Hewitt to win seeing as I'm in Aus, but i don't really have a favorite and Hewitt is out now anyway. Nadal if i had to choose though :P

Shar
27-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Heather deserved that win, very well played. Federer playing Fognini in centre court.

MissAlice
27-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't really have a favourite, but do prefer watching the mens singles, Djokovic, Nadal or Federer, anyone of them could win Wimbledon this year :)

I would love to see Federer win it this year.

I find it hard to watch the women, because of the grunting haha.

brandon
27-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I hope Ana Ivanovic wins in the women's. :love:

DPS
28-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Tennis bores the hell out of me.

Suspective
28-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Never actually watched Tennis till this evening. James Ward was absolutely brilliant though, so gutted he got beaten but Mardy Fish is a decent opponent never the less. :P

Alex3213
28-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Absolutely amazing match! Poor Nadal though. :(

Mathew
28-06-2012, 09:09 PM
OH MY GOODNESS HOW DID HE MANAGE THAT?!?!? I felt Nadal had just given up towards the end - he couldn't be bothered running about to the corners and he ultimately paid the price. Such a shame on his part, but a bloody good achievement for someone who is ranked #100 in the world.

Shar
28-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I felt so sorry for Nadal, he looked so sad :( But Rosol really did deserve that so a big well done to him.

SackRace
28-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Only watch the final of Wimbledon tennis is so long and boring

Mark
28-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm pissed off I was there on Tuesday and not today! It was still great fun nonetheless. I'm ecstatic, this year's Wimbledon will be a good one as Murray has a lot more of a chance in reaching the final.

In other news, i've just noticed Tsonga dropped to 6th in the world as David Ferrer moved to 5th.

brandon
28-06-2012, 10:49 PM
What a game that was, I like Nadal more than the other top seeds but love to see an underdog winning.

ickles
29-06-2012, 12:52 AM

Lol! completely true! He's from my city;3

Mathew
30-06-2012, 10:03 PM
He's done it againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! Pow pow pow.

Suspective
30-06-2012, 10:07 PM
A thrilling match. Really enjoyed that actually even though I was a bit annoyed about Casualty at first. :P

I quite like night time matches. Well done to Murray. :D

Matthew
30-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Got there in the end Murray! Would have been awful if they hadn't let him play the final game until Monday haha!

MissAlice
30-06-2012, 11:03 PM
I didn't think Murray was going to win, when it was 1 set each, but I'm glad he proved me wrong, and Murray made the 4th set look easy. He did great in the end :) A really good match to watch!

Mark
01-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Why a fantastic match, I'm kicking myself I went to Wimbledon so early on and not Thursday/Friday time :(

Grig
01-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Nadal lost, which was funny.

It's going to be much more interesting who actually makes it, seeing as Roger and Novak were staring defeat right in the face in their previous matches.

Mathew
04-07-2012, 04:32 PM
This is difficult to watch. Ferrer and Murray have been neck and neck all game - it's pretty much luck on who manages to gain the point at the end! :(

SackRace
04-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Tight game today, who is Murray playing in the semi final?

I heard that in one semi final its Novak Djokovic and Rodger Federer

Mathew
04-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Omg, it was sooooo scary to watch! I'm so happy he managed to pull it back though when it was looking a big dark after the first set.

From The Independent:

On Friday he will play Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga as he bids to become the first British man since Bunny Austin in 1938 to reach the Wimbledon singles final.

An ace clinched one of his finest grand slam wins and set up a semi-final on Friday against fifth seed Tsonga, who he has beaten in five of their six previous meetings.
Pretty good achievement if he can manage it!

kuzkasate
04-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I reckon he will reach the final - but he definitely won't win this year. No chance against Roger or Novak :P

Oleh
06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Federer defeated Djokovic 3 sets to 1

Will more than likely face Murray in the final.

Shar
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Federer defeated Djokovic 3 sets to 1

Will more than likely face Murray in the final.
Brilliant game. Hope it is Murray he faces in the final, that would be one interesting match to watch.

Stephen
06-07-2012, 04:55 PM
lol at the guy in the crowd who shouted new balls please after tsonga got hit in the balls

Shar
06-07-2012, 05:49 PM
That was a tense match. Murray in the finals

Mathew
06-07-2012, 05:51 PM
omgggggggggggggg he's done it! through to the finals! gonna be a fantastic match. so happy for him! first time in 74 years since a British player has been through to the final. woooooooo!! :D

brandon
06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Well done Murray, top Brit! What a great, British man.

Matthew
06-07-2012, 05:56 PM
lol at the guy in the crowd who shouted new balls please after tsonga got hit in the balls

haha

Well done Murray though :D!

Federer playing for world number 1 and a record number of wimbledon wins, Murray playing to win his first wimbledon, his first major and be the first british winner of wimbledon for god knows how long.

Can't wait 8)

kuzkasate
06-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Murray is going to get demolished in the final :(

dbgtz
06-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Murray is going to get demolished in the final :(

You never know, this Wimbledon has been rather unpredictable. I mean Murray actually getting in the finals this year is shocking :L

Samantha
06-07-2012, 06:06 PM
I hope Murray wins but not sure if he will. as Tom said though this has been very unpredictable :P.

kuzkasate
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
You never know, this Wimbledon has been rather unpredictable. I mean Murray actually getting in the finals this year is shocking :L

Well he had quite a good draw, biggest problem was Nadal but luckily he made an exit quite early, plus Roger is on top form. I wanted a Djokovic - Murray final, I really don't like Federer :(

Oleh
07-07-2012, 01:07 AM
http://howlongsinceabritwonwimbledon.com/

Part of me hopes is gets updated tomorrow, but more of me hopes Federer wins another Wimbledon

mrwoooooooo
07-07-2012, 10:26 AM
come on roger!

Grig
07-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Roger will win and he deserves it!

Also, Serena will win today. Her power and serve will simply overpower Radwanska. Been watching some fantastic matches this tournament.

Shar
07-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Its amazing how Radwanska made a come back after a not so good first set.

Mathew
07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Serena Williams isn't a woman you'd want to mess with is she? :P

Shar
07-07-2012, 03:38 PM
She's done it again :D Woo Williams

Stephen
07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
she should be in the men's singles

luce
07-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Roger will win and he deserves it!

Also, Serena will win today. Her power and serve will simply overpower Radwanska. Been watching some fantastic matches this tournament.

How did you come about that assertion that Roger deserves it? Last time I checked both won the same amount of games to get to this position?

Also well done to Serena I have always loved the passion the Williams sisters play with and how personal they are in the interviews - her comments about always wanting what her sister has and talking about her illness makes her more attractive than the cold Pole. However I think this is only the beginning for her and she'll get a slam before long. The womens game is waiting for another player to stamp their authority on it.

Grig
07-07-2012, 06:36 PM
How did you come about that assertion that Roger deserves it? Last time I checked both won the same amount of games to get to this position?

Also well done to Serena I have always loved the passion the Williams sisters play with and how personal they are in the interviews - her comments about always wanting what her sister has and talking about her illness makes her more attractive than the cold Pole. However I think this is only the beginning for her and she'll get a slam before long. The womens game is waiting for another player to stamp their authority on it.

Murray plays too much defensive tennis and not enough aggression. That won't work with the ol' Fed. He is also bound to crumble under pressure, particularly if it goes into a 5th set, where the odds are severely against him. I really don't think he has enough magic to defeat someone of the class that Federer has.

kuzkasate
07-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Serena is fake. I don't understand how some people can not see that in her interviews, she isn't genuine at all. She is actually a complete *****, constantly making rude remarks about everyone and everything, always moaning and coming up with pathetic excuses when she loses, she is a bad loser just like Azarenka. Radwanska wasn't being cold, she was just upset that she lost and she knows she could probably have done better if it wasn't for her illness, yet she still had a smile on her face - with Serena, just look at her facial expressions and body language when she loses a point and especially, when she loses a match - it's disgusting.

Serena Williams isn't a woman you'd want to mess with is she? :P

I agree with the bolded part ;) Her fastest serve, is 129mph - that's more than what most men can do.

Mathew
07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
This is gonna be the first Wimbledon final under the roof. Hope Marray and Nielsen can pull it off! :)

Mathew
07-07-2012, 08:14 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THEY'VE DONE IT!!!!!!!!! First British men's doubles winner since 1936. Let's hope for a similar result tomorrow!!

Matthew
07-07-2012, 08:33 PM
woo can't believe marray and nielsen won!

Is this a good omen for tomorrow? 8)

Mark
07-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I hope so! Really hope Murray is on the ball so he can add to the winning streak he has against Federer

SackRace
07-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I hope so! Really hope Murray is on the ball so he can add to the winning streak he has against Federer

lets hope so, actually had tickets for this game but sold them on ebay! ;)

can someone also answer this for me why does his mother have to be on the tv 24/7

Mathew
07-07-2012, 09:49 PM

can someone also answer this for me why does his mother have to be on the tv 24/7

omg why sell?!?! would have been fantastic!

wouldn't you go support your son if he was playing in such a big tournament? :P

some amusing tweets by TwopTwips on Twitter... thought you guys would appreciate them, haha.

http://i.imgur.com/bwTjG.png

http://i.imgur.com/GQcl8.png

http://i.imgur.com/NZwfF.png

Mark
07-07-2012, 10:02 PM

How much did you buy and sell the tickets for?

Shar
07-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Love Serena and Venus, they played an amazing game. Quite a day for Serena, where does she get all that energy from?! She looked ecstatic and rightly so.

Hope Murray does well tomorrow, he's done great to come this far.

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 12:57 AM

She's also the Fed Cup coach I think and she's in charge of the women's tennis in the UK, so she's not just his mum :P & did you sell normal tickets, because they would be voided if you did :(

Samantha
08-07-2012, 01:33 AM
I haven't really been intrigued until the final and what finals they have been so far, looking forward to the mens today but I'd have prefered Serena to have lost just to see a newer and fresher face :).

SackRace
08-07-2012, 07:49 AM
2k Mark, someone gave me them cause they couldn't go and tennis is good but if it's to long I cannot watch it.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Gonna be a tense final today!

Kasabian
08-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Fed up of arguing with every deluded moron about the whole Scottish/British debate with Murray.

Hope he wins today.

luce
08-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Serena is fake. I don't understand how some people can not see that in her interviews, she isn't genuine at all. She is actually a complete *****, constantly making rude remarks about everyone and everything, always moaning and coming up with pathetic excuses when she loses, she is a bad loser just like Azarenka. Radwanska wasn't being cold, she was just upset that she lost and she knows she could probably have done better if it wasn't for her illness, yet she still had a smile on her face - with Serena, just look at her facial expressions and body language when she loses a point and especially, when she loses a match - it's disgusting.

I agree with the bolded part ;) Her fastest serve, is 129mph - that's more than what most men can do.

It was Venus not Serena who served at 129. Also to say neither of us know her personally I don't think we are qualified to make a judgement about how she's disgusting. All I know is how much she gives to charity and where she's come from and what's she been through in her personal life to get where she is.

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 12:14 PM
It was Venus not Serena who served at 129. Also to say neither of us know her personally I don't think we are qualified to make a judgement about how she's disgusting. All I know is how much she gives to charity and where she's come from and what's she been through in her personal life to get where she is.

Serena had 128mph and she isn't the only one who gives to charity - nearly all of the top players do, Sharapova has donated absolute loads and has opened loads of things for kids and people affected by Chernobyl etc. But I think from the videos below, we can say she is a bit of a ***** tbh:

In this one she is clearly wrong and her attitude is just disgusting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hRr2PZNOlk

Again, here when she is losing she starts to act like a complete ***** and starts making up rubbish saying 'aren't you the one who screwed me over last time?' then she calls the umpire a 'hater' and tells her not to look at her, if that's not being an utter ***** then I don't know what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px03E5NnPSU

These are a few of many, she's just fake all round.

CrazyLemurs
08-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Arthur
Not everything in tennis revolves around Sharapova.

Serena has trouble controlling her temper
If she's a bad person, so are lots and lots and lots of people, who just cant control their temper sometimes.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
COME ON MURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Won the first point, let's do this thing.

Mark
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
A good steady start for Murray, he's looking focused and calm. The crowd are obviously helping him greatly, COME ON MURRAY!

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Arthur
Not everything in tennis revolves around Sharapova.

Serena has trouble controlling her temper
If she's a bad person, so are lots and lots and lots of people, who just cant control their temper sometimes.

I never said it did - I was simply saying Serena isn't a saint, she's only one of many who does charity, Sharapova is another. It's not just her temper, its her attitude and personality. In the earlier years when her and Venus were playing, if something like that happened it was always 'it's racism because we are black' - she could never accept a loss because there was always some idiotic excuse for it. If you actually watch the videos you'll see that it's not her temper that's a problem.

Anyway. a very impressive starts from Andy! If he carries on like this he can easily win, good first serve and mixing up the shots and pace - Roger seems a bit lost and startled by Murray!

Mark
08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Is Roger Federer starting to crack? It's reassuring that Andy is keeping cool, especially in tense situations like we've just had.

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Is Roger Federer starting to crack? It's reassuring that Andy is keeping cool, especially in tense situations like we've just had.

I think in the first game Roger was kind of nervous and maybe felt a bit of pressure, especially with the crowd being Andy - something he isn't used to and when Andy won that game, Roger's service game I think that knocked back some confidence from him. But Roger is experienced so he will quickly adapt.

DPS
08-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Murray has good record when it comes to Fed imo so yano!

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Murray has good record when it comes to Fed imo so yano!

All their matches were on hard courts though and Roger is considered to be 'King of Grass.'

DPS
08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
wouldnt consider it grass lol.. seen the state of it LOL

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 01:50 PM
You have a point there :P

SackRace
08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
MON THE MURRAY

dbgtz
08-07-2012, 01:59 PM
This match is so tense :L

Mark
08-07-2012, 02:02 PM
This match is so tense :L

Tell me about it! He is so ******* focused, never seen him play this good, ever.

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 03:03 PM ----------

MON THE MURRAY

still don't understand why you'd sell your alleged Wimbledon Final ticket as the experience of being there seeing Andy Murray would be priceless!

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 03:07 PM ----------

Watch out Andy Murray is about
https://p.twimg.com/AxSXAmbCMAAQL3c.jpg

Matthew
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
YES ANDY!

first set to murray ^^

Shar
08-07-2012, 02:14 PM
This is so tense. Murray is giving it his all.

Zak
08-07-2012, 02:14 PM
just cant see him winning :(

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Ouch, Roger is playing a lot better already at the start of this 2nd set! & Mark, I swear you're now allowed to sell tickets, only debenture tickets which are impossible to get hold of - you have to donate like £50,000 to Wimbledon and then they might offer you debenture tickets as a thank you! How much did you sell them for @SackRace ?

Shar
08-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Ouch, Roger is playing a lot better already at the start of this 2nd set!
Same thing happened yesterday in the Williams v Radwanska match and Serena managed to pull back and win. Here's hoping Andy does the same. Roger's had his time, time to end his winning streak haha

DPS
08-07-2012, 02:19 PM
You guys doubt murray to much...hope your all proved wrong.

Matthew
08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Murray is on top here tbh!

Shar
08-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I bet Roger didn't expect Murray to come out fighting the way he is

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Murray can definitely win now, he's adapted his game to Roger - he's doing everything right!

Shar
08-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Ikr! He's under a lot of pressure and he's not disappointing

Mark
08-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Ouch, Roger is playing a lot better already at the start of this 2nd set! & Mark, I swear you're now allowed to sell tickets, only debenture tickets which are impossible to get hold of - you have to donate like £50,000 to Wimbledon and then they might offer you debenture tickets as a thank you! How much did you sell them for SackRace ?

Apparently he got 2k for it, read up a few pages that's when he said it. SackRace;

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

I'm confused, how can you not? He won the first set and now they're both close to winning the second. As said above, he has adapted to Federer's tactics and gameplan nicely

=Lizzy
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM
just saw my friend on tv eurgh shes so lucky.

woo murray

DPS
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Apparently he got 2k for it, read up a few pages that's when he said it. @SackRace (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=92374);

Honestly doubt it. would of have to been a quick sale... and isnt sackrace in scotland? how and why would he have got a ticket to the final lol..

Mark
08-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Honestly doubt it. would of have to been a quick sale... and isnt sackrace in scotland? how and why would he have got a ticket to the final lol..

I'm from Scotland and I was at Wimbledon in the first week lol, if he loves Tennis as much as I do I'd definitely travel down for the Wimbledon Final! Although I highly doubt he actually had a Centre Court Final ticket, maybe a grounds pass or whatever...

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Apparently he got 2k for it, read up a few pages that's when he said it. @SackRace (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=92374);

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

I'm confused, how can you not? He won the first set and now they're both close to winning the second. As said above, he has adapted to Federer's tactics and gameplan nicely

Bit cheap seeming as they were being grabbed off ebay for £5000-£8000...

I was thinking that lol, like I said you're not allowed to sell normal tickets - they'll just be voided and the only tickets you're allowed to sell by law are the debenture tickets which are near impossible to get hold of, they give it as a reward not just for free.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Watch out Andy Murray is about
https://p.twimg.com/AxSXAmbCMAAQL3c.jpg
LMAOOOOOO that was fantastic.

do you realise i am in your maze with Garriet; and trying to watch the tennis at the same time THAT SNOWBOARDING ROOM WAS SO ******* DIFFICULT UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I WAS GETTING SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!

Ouch, Roger is playing a lot better already at the start of this 2nd set! & Mark, I swear you're now allowed to sell tickets, only debenture tickets which are impossible to get hold of - you have to donate like £50,000 to Wimbledon and then they might offer you debenture tickets as a thank you! How much did you sell them for @SackRace ?
do debenture tickets give you unlimited access for life then?

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 03:17 PM
LMAOOOOOO that was fantastic.

do you realise i am in your maze with @Garriet (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=80792); and trying to watch the tennis at the same time THAT SNOWBOARDING ROOM WAS SO ******* DIFFICULT UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I WAS GETTING SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!

do debenture tickets give you unlimited access for life then?

I think they send you them every year for 5 years, but it's not guaranteed you'll get one even if you donate - there have been cases where people have donated £30,000 and just basically got no tickets back :P It's not really a donation - it's more of an investment, a bit like buying shares but much more difficult. You just sign a cheque for around £50,000 for Centre Court Debentures and £20,000 for Court No.1 and send it to them and if you get extremely lucky, you'll make it through that ballot and be entitled to tickets for 5 years. Probably because issues of debentures only happen every 5 years - so if you want them you have to be well informed or be prepared to buy them at ridiculous prices.

I think Andy is going to be kicking himself! So many chances to break in that second set!

Mathew
08-07-2012, 03:18 PM
hahaha, it makes me laugh so much when they run on with the covers. pretty cool how they lift it up slightly and then blow air underneath to reduce the moisture.

=Lizzy
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
i think SackRace; is lying!! i asked him on msn and he got a little angry
anyway i know my friend is only there because her dad is high up in the navy or something and he gets 2 free tickets

Mathew
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I think they send you them every year for 5 years, but it's not guaranteed you'll get one even if you donate - there have been cases where people have donated £30,000 and just basically got no tickets back :P It's not really a donation - it's more of an investment, a bit like buying shares but much more difficult. You just sign a cheque for around £50,000 for Centre Court Debentures and £20,000 for Court No.1 and send it to them and if you get extremely lucky, you'll make it through that ballot and be entitled to tickets for 5 years. Probably because issues of debentures only happen every 5 years - so if you want them you have to be well informed or be prepared to buy them at ridiculous prices.

I think Andy is going to be kicking himself! So many chances to break in that second set!

oh how interesting, cheers. :P

kuzkasate
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
I fear that this rain delay and indoor play will favour Roger :(

Mark
08-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I think the roof going on wont favour Roger that much tbh, Andy has been use to it this year. Hopefully Ivan has given Murray a good strategy to work with, this set is make or break for Murray imo

Mathew
08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
the commentators make me laugh... "good drainage" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Mark
08-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah, especially when they said Murray is on his last thread and it was the start of the second set...

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 05:04 PM ----------

and Sue Barker saying the First Minister of Scotland is Sir Alex Ferguson...

Mathew
08-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Federer's hair fascinates me.

DPS
08-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Murray needs to bring it back.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 04:31 PM
mmm, Federer won the 3rd set. let's be honest... he's a damn good player.

DPS
08-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm calling GoodGame lol, Murray has lost.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
omg he's done it. extremely good game indeed!!

Mark
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
What a shame! I guess it'll be a learning curve for Andy, today was just not his day :(

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

omg he's done it. extremely good game indeed!!

the last one or what?

j0rd
08-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Both played well, feel real petty for Murrey though.

Shar
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Murray played amazingly well. He was up against a legend and he gave as good as he got. His speech was so cute, I hope to see him in the final and win next year

dbgtz
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
At least he got a tidy sum.

Matthew
08-07-2012, 05:33 PM
550k for losing isn't half bad though!

He did really well to get to the final but it was a case of the better man won. Murray didn't lose it at all IMO, Federer just won it.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
his fourth grand slam final and still a runner up, awwww! very nice house though...

http://allieiswired.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/article-0-055fb3c7000005dc-94_468x518.jpg

kim isn't too bad either... ;) gotta credit her for attending the matches and keeping his spirits high.

http://www.hotsportswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kim-sears-picofadaydotblogspotdotcom.jpg

Mark
08-07-2012, 05:38 PM
his fourth grand slam final and still a runner up, awwww! very nice house though...

http://allieiswired.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/article-0-055fb3c7000005dc-94_468x518.jpg

kim isn't too bad either... ;) gotta credit her for attending the matches and keeping his spirits high.

http://www.hotsportswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kim-sears-picofadaydotblogspotdotcom.jpg

Yeah it shows that they have a good relationship and she's not just there for the money.
It was touching when Andy said "I'm getting closer", he will get there one day!

Matthew
08-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah it shows that they have a good relationship and she's not just there for the money.
It was touching when Andy said "I'm getting closer", he will get there one day!

Oh I thought he was saying he was getting closer to crying haha

He will win a major one day though :)

Shar
08-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh I thought he was saying he was getting closer to crying haha

He will win a major one day though :)
He was crying :(. He tried really hard though. Hopefully this has been a great learning experience for him and he will be back stronger and better.

Mathew
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM
His speech was beautiful. The fact that he had no speech prepared meant it all came from the heart. So sweet.

Zak
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
told you he wouldnt win :P

luce
08-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Really hit me when he did his speech love to see that sort of passion in the players. Obviously nice houses and partners come with the sport but it's good to see that comes with the sport and isn't the be all and end all he was genuinely gutted and really hope he wins a slam soon, and hopefully one day Wimbledon.

The crowd were great too.

MissAlice
08-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Although I felt quite sad when Murray didn’t triumph today, he really impressed me on how good a player he has become. Murray didn’t make it easy for Federer, it was an excellent match. Federer is the best male player this century, he is a legend. Murray will win at Wimbledon, hopefully next year.

How annoying though F1 and Wimbledon both on at the same time lol. I watched both at the same time.

Blinger
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
So glad that he lost. I dislike Murray. Fed express all the way!

Oleh
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
http://icap.me/i/3KhiWtZI9I.png

Glad Federer won :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!