PDA

View Full Version : Need to find decent Ice hockey skates...

Tidings
29-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Does anyone know where i could find any? I live in the north west if that helps, i dont want to buy them online you see..

oh and what brands would be the best? Ive been skating for atleast 4 years i just never got round to buying my own skates..

thanks -
AJ

Puma!
29-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Does anyone know where i could find any? I live in the north west if that helps, i dont want to buy them online you see..

oh and what brands would be the best? Ive been skating for atleast 4 years i just never got round to buying my own skates..

thanks -
AJ
Heyup pal, I've got loads experience with stuff like this :)

Okay, a couple of questions.

1) How wide are your feet? (narrow, normal or wide - different brands have different fits. If you have like a really wide foot then buying a brand like Easton is a no-go)

2) How much are you willing to spend?

Tidings
29-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Heyup pal, I've got loads experience with stuff like this :)

Okay, a couple of questions.

1) How wide are your feet? (narrow, normal or wide - different brands have different fits. If you have like a really wide foot then buying a brand like Easton is a no-go)

2) How much are you willing to spend?

i have like narrow/normal width feet and in shoes im a size 8.5-9. and looking top price of say £150

Puma!
29-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Alright, well Puck Stop in Sheffield is by far the best place in the UK to buy anything hockey-related - just because they can get pretty much anything at an alright price (price varies so much.. my rink in Hull is notoriously expensive, but the same pair of skates will be like £30-40 cheaper at Puck Stop. I'm guessing you'll be going to the new rink in Widnes too?)

Also with size, its probably best to try and go to a store so you can try 'em on and stuff (or try em on and look for somewhere online where they are cheap)

Erm - http://www.puckstop.com/acatalog/CCM_U_05_Snr_Ice_Hockey_Skates.html - 153 quid, CCM a good skate and will last a while.

PS - if you do order from Puck Stop, tell 'em you play hockey (10% discount :P )

Tidings
29-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Alright, well Puck Stop in Sheffield is by far the best place in the UK to buy anything hockey-related - just because they can get pretty much anything at an alright price (price varies so much.. my rink in Hull is notoriously expensive, but the same pair of skates will be like £30-40 cheaper at Puck Stop. I'm guessing you'll be going to the new rink in Widnes too?)

Also with size, its probably best to try and go to a store so you can try 'em on and stuff (or try em on and look for somewhere online where they are cheap)

Erm - http://www.puckstop.com/acatalog/CCM_U_05_Snr_Ice_Hockey_Skates.html - 153 quid, CCM a good skate and will last a while.

PS - if you do order from Puck Stop, tell 'em you play hockey (10% discount :P )

haha yeah ill be going to widnes, i saw a great pair of easton skates for £70 in deeside, im just not too sure yet, i really should ask if i can have a try before i buy somewhere if thats even possible.. but thanks for the website!! i dont get all the fancy types of hockey skates so im confused as to why they are all different to be honest...

Puma!
29-06-2012, 12:09 PM
haha yeah ill be going to widnes, i saw a great pair of easton skates for £70 in deeside, im just not too sure yet, i really should ask if i can have a try before i buy somewhere if thats even possible.. but thanks for the website!! i dont get all the fancy types of hockey skates so im confused as to why they are all different to be honest...
Yeah that'd a great idea :) if they fit better, then you'll be able to skate way better! There most likely will be a shop at the rink when it opens (either Sept or Oct from what I've read) - you could always try 'em on there. Getting down to Deeside just to try a pair on sounds expensive! (Also Deeside is a bit rubbish ;) )

Haha, it depends what you look for in a skate.. Generally as the price of the skate goes up, the lighter/more durable the skate is. There are some skates that are ridiculously light.

Lee
29-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Coming to my home town :)

The ice rink isn't open yet is it??

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!