PDA

View Full Version : What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done for your sport?

Danilynn
03-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm a Volleyball player and I'm currently playing with a torn muscle in my neck to my shoulder, a minor shoulder injury and a sprained wrist. I love my sport, and it's pretty stupid to be still playing but when you play a sport and have for a long time, you understand the loses.

What's the most dangerous thing you've done for your sport (s)?

Samantha
03-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Woo Volleyball, I used to play that and we got taught it in High School. The teacher I had was an ex England player and I had the luck to be in her tutor afterwards, however, I've not really had anything dangerous in sport. I suppose one time I was playing football in a PE lesson for the same High School and I slipped on the grass and fell, you know when your back tries to go further down but you can't? It was like that and it killed. I was almost in tears and my teacher just told me to get up and I was struggling to walk. That's all I can remember at the moment.

Fifty-Six
03-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Uhh.. I almost cut off my finger once when I was younger. Dad was trying to teach me how to slice a big ham and the butchers knife we were using somehow ended up on top of my other thumb just as he was cutting down. Ouch. Had to get stitches and wear a little cast thing for a week.

Succubus
03-07-2012, 06:12 AM
I suppose because I did kickboxing there's been numerous ones, but one of the most stupidest ones I did was getting punched the face a couple of times until the point of dizziness, getting told to sit down and dismiss the match but instead I carried on and ended up getting punched a few more times in the face until actually getting floored and not getting back up.

Another stupid one was going back to kickboxing after I punched a wall like 2 days before, killed.

orientalframe?
03-07-2012, 06:30 AM
erm i've been playing hockey for years but the most dangerous thing was probably just getting whacked in the face? pretty simple lol

BOOMitsGINA
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
well in shinty (sorta like hockey) I had the ball and stuff and some girl comes and tries to take the ball of me.. smashes me in the jaw with the stick (accidently obv). I went to the doctors and they said I was so close to getting it broken.
I have done loads of stupid things, sprained my wrists, dislocated my shoulder, torn ligements in my hand, I also did something to my knee I was in crutches for a month :DD
I love sports too much, but im so competitive rofl xDD

CaptainAce$$
03-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I've volunteered to ride a horse who had a recent history of throwing people off because no one else wanted too. Stayed on until the last five minutes of the lesson, he spooked and flung me over the 4 foot barriers, into some jumping poles and onto a concrete floor. Wasn't injured badly, a few bruises and that was about it.

luce
03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Well I play football and hockey and play in goal for hockey so I guess that's the most dangerous thing haha my position. I have been lucky with no massive injuries. Just got hit a few times in the wrong places and hurt my shoulders and pulled leg muscles but it's part of the position and can be avoided I guess.

kuzkasate
03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Well I did boxing for about 2 years, so I guess you can think of the type of injuries I had there but once I also dislocated my shoulder and somehow damaged my knee playing tennis.

Kasabian
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Dislocated my kneecap playing for my school football team, and snapped my arm in 2 places doing athletics for school.

Jarkie
03-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I've skydived... SCARY as hell but the rush at the end is amazin

but yea I haven';t done anything bad, but a rugby once I broke someones rips.. LOL

=Lizzy
03-07-2012, 07:55 PM
when i did basketball a ball hit me in the face
when i was doing ultimate frisbee, a rugby ball hit me in the face by accident
it hurt.

Cerys
03-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Haven't really done anything that I can remember.

I am a boring person. ;P

wiktoria
03-07-2012, 09:11 PM
when i was doing my run up in javelin i fell :(:( it was like ages ago ok

MKR&*42
03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Just football balls hitting me in the face LMAO. Doesn't hurt that much though :P

Matt
04-07-2012, 09:26 AM
My sports teacher decided to see how long we could hold our breath under water. He said that the person who got the least furthest along the pool had to do 50 pushups and the further you got the less pushups you did. It was discrimination imo, and was such a bad thing to do in a school sports lesson. He was the Head of PE and thought he was the best lul. I hated him so much. No one died though :) I didn't do so bad myself and I hated swimming! aha. Now i don't mind it, but i quit swimming for a club and do it just for fun now.

Ardemax
04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
nothing on the scale of like getting tortured in a p.e. lesson, but someone broke my foot rugby tackling me... good times

oh and playing football one time and i hadn't done any sport in a while and like accelerated proper quickly and i just felt something rip in my leg... most disgusting feeling ever and i couldn't walk properly for a week

oh oh and getting hit in the face with a baseball bat playing as a wicket keeper thing (don't know what they're called in baseball) and that split my lip open woot woot

IceNineKills
05-07-2012, 07:10 PM
shattered my elbow, then fractured it 2 weeks after the operation. broken ankle, broken bones in my hand, chipped teeth etc.. all from skateboarding.

Futz
05-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I used to play football and BMX alot so I have scars all over my legs and various parts of my body from that, the worst injury I've sustained though other than flesh wounds was when I broke my wrist :( still doesn't feel the same even a year after... awh mannn

DPS
06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I consider gaming a sport, ive taken an arrow to the knee on skyrim js.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!