PDA

View Full Version : Should We Still Have A Queen?

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Should we still have a Queen?
The United Kingdom
Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamacia
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts & Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadlines
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu

These are all countries where our queen, her majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd is head of state of. God bless her Tongue

Do you think we should still have a Royal family? Is there a point anymore... Should we just have a Republic? Or would that make all those Countries who have a King or Queen boring?

^ We know Denmark, and other countries has a queen. The queen of denmark, who's useless.. I very much dislike her (Margrethe II) -- But can we please talk about the countries who's reign is under Queen Elizabeth!
We won't go into detail about any other countries with a Royal Family, please, as I said, talk about those with QE2 as the HOS.

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' to here as more suited

-:Undertaker:-
15-07-2012, 10:20 AM
The Monarch is there to protect the country from politicians who will always attempt to grab more power, in very much the same way our unelected House of Lords did/does so.

Not everything needs to be elected, after all - Her Majesty the Queen has approval ratings that politicians can only dream of yet they're elected.

Empired
15-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I like the Royal Family. Most of them are pretty decent, they turn up to events, they spend time talking to ordinary people (including) children. This certainly isn't something I see many politicians doing as they think they're far too important. The Royal Family does not try to steal power or money and usually keep themselves to themselves which I respect.

CrazyLemurs
16-07-2012, 08:50 PM
The Royal Family are like most others in Britain, except they are very famous and very in charge.
I think a monarch encourages our bonds with those smaller countries listed above, and Commonwealth events that without a monarch would cease to exist.
To be honest, the Queen and her companions hold little political power, and are really just a figure for Britain and its society.

GommeInc
16-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Don't fix something that isn't broken and has suvived hundreds of years.

I'd hate to have a gutless nobody that's voted in every 5 years and then chucked out quickly. With a Monarchy you get continuity, form and history.

Lee
16-07-2012, 10:50 PM
We'll probably always have our royal family.

Lewis
18-07-2012, 02:41 PM
We'll probably always have our royal family.

I hope not...

-:Undertaker:-
18-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I hope not...

Why? is a President Blair or Cameron more appealing to you?

edible
18-07-2012, 04:05 PM
The idea of the Queen and Royal Family residing in Buckingham Palace and a variety of other Royal builings is more appealing than David Cameron and his cronies occupying them.

Fifty-Six
18-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I like having the Queen and Royal Family around. The monarchy provides the group of nations in the Commonwealth with a common relationship. Plus, we get to compete in the Commonwealth Games and the US doesn't ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!