PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Plastic Surgery

.Joshua.
15-07-2012, 11:48 AM
What do you think of Plastic Surgery?

Do you think that it's okay because if you want to change you should have the right to? Or do you think it's unnatural? Would you have plastic Surgery? Do you think only certain types should be banned?

My Quote;

I think it's good for scars, burns and replacing skin from car accidents and such, but I can't see how having work done to have bigger boobs can be justified.

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' to here as more suited

sex
15-07-2012, 12:05 PM
if people aren't happy with what mother nature gave them why shouldn't they change it if they have the option too / if its going to make them happier? I'm all for it..

Samantha
15-07-2012, 12:11 PM
With you partly, if they have somethig wrong such as they can't breathe properly, taking Ashley Tisdale as an example then yes I fully agree about it as really its only like an operation.

If they want it for their personal feelings and such then why not, as long as they're smart enough to have it done properly. It's when they have so much done suck as 48gg or something then it looks wrong and unnatural.

MKR&*42
15-07-2012, 12:14 PM
As long as it's not completely extreme, I see no harm in it. People who decide to get boobs which are ridiculously big are silly though, read some story about a girl who suffocated on her boobs because she got them enlarged so much.

I wouldn't mind cosmetic dentistry myself, cannot stand the size of my teeth lmfao.

I think the weirdest thing is people who want their eye colour changed... just why.

Plod
15-07-2012, 12:28 PM
As long as it doesn't affect someones health in a negative way, I'm all for it, providing the NHS isn't paying for it (except in exceptional circumstances). For example, I think a lot of us would love to have cosmetic dentistry done and then there's formerly overweight (or even muscly) people who have lost a lot of weight and have excess skin on their stomach/arms which could negatively affect their mental or physical health.

Breast implants are usually obtained out of vanity or insecurity, but again, who does it harm? Minus the fiasco about breast cancer and all that, but if a woman can pay for them and they make her feel better about herself, it's all good.

MKR&*42
15-07-2012, 12:40 PM
As long as it doesn't affect someones health in a negative way, I'm all for it, providing the NHS isn't paying for it (except in exceptional circumstances). For example, I think a lot of us would love to have cosmetic dentistry done and then there's formerly overweight (or even muscly) people who have lost a lot of weight and have excess skin on their stomach/arms which could negatively affect their mental or physical health.

Breast implants are usually obtained out of vanity or insecurity, but again, who does it harm? Minus the fiasco about breast cancer and all that, but if a woman can pay for them and they make her feel better about herself, it's all good.

:( Kidding, I do agree that the NHS shouldn't (and I don't believe they do..do they?) pay for stuff like cosmetic dentistry. Overweight people and obesity is a far bigger issue in this world at the moment.

Richie
15-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't get it done personally but I wouldn't judge anyone who did. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Plod
15-07-2012, 12:57 PM
:( Kidding, I do agree that the NHS shouldn't (and I don't believe they do..do they?) pay for stuff like cosmetic dentistry. Overweight people and obesity is a far bigger issue in this world at the moment.

Personally I reckon the NHS shouldn't pay for gastric bands/gastric bypasses, but instead invest in resources which help people overcome overeating problems (a lot of people pile on weight after a loved one dies because they overeat out of comfort, you see it in WeightWatchers etc success stories all the time) such as adequate psychological help and perhaps pay for surgery to be done on loose skin. It would work out much better overall. Gastric band/bypass surgeries create as many problems as they try to solve.

geo
15-07-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't think I'd ever get it done. :P I'm not really bothered about people getting it done either, it's their life and they should be able to get it done I guess. Some people go a little bit over the top, but if they're happy with it then so be it.

Jurv
15-07-2012, 01:33 PM
i don't think i'd get it done without a medical reason, but it doesn't bother me if people get it done to change their image. as long as they're not doing anything over the top i can't see any problems with it. i prefer the natural look though, haha

Empired
15-07-2012, 01:52 PM
When people say "medical problems" isn't being unhappy about how you look a medical reason if it gets too serious? It can lead to depression and stuff so if you can have plastic surgery done properly and if it'll make you happier, go for it imo :)

FlyingJesus
15-07-2012, 02:50 PM
When people say "medical problems" isn't being unhappy about how you look a medical reason if it gets too serious? It can lead to depression and stuff so if you can have plastic surgery done properly and if it'll make you happier, go for it imo :)

Absolutely, dysphoria is very much a medical problem and should be treated as one. Wouldn't suggest that it should be on the NHS except for extreme cases (as is the current policy I believe) since as has been mentioned, there are generally underlying problems which should be looked into first, but personally I think that anything which makes a person happier and doesn't harm anyone else shouldn't be stigmatised

Paige.
15-07-2012, 06:37 PM
i'd never have it done and don't have anything against those that have had it done or want to. i completely agree with people that have medical reasons to have plastic surgery, especially if it's the best thing for them and it'll improve their life and make them feel better about themselves.

kuzkasate
16-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't have a problem with it whatsoever, it's all up to the individual. I'd never personally do it myself, but I'm happy with the way I look. If it gives people confidence, makes them feel better about themselves then why shouldn't they do it? I think the most important thing with plastic surgery is knowing when to stop and not going too fair so that you look all round plastic...

Cerys
16-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I personally will never do it.
Some people may have something which isn't in proportion to the rest of their body or whatever, and they're really not happy about it so they have it altered.

I don't think it should be banned, I just think that if it makes them happy, then sure. And as for making boobs etc stupidly huge when they have no reason to other than to 'look hot', they're just sad, in my opinion.

Fifty-Six
18-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I think it's totally up to the individual themselves what they want to do with their bodies. It's kind of similar in regards to piercings and tattoos. Some may find them unsightly, but to the individual it's what they want, what they enjoy, and ultimately it's their own body. Plastic surgery should be perfectly available for cosmetics, so long as it's paid for privately and not subsidized by the government (taxpayers don't pay). For medical reconstruction surgeries, of course it should be available and covered under healthcare programs.

-:Undertaker:-
22-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I don't have a problem with it, if people want to alter/change their bodies then that is up to them (as long as the taxpayer isn't picking up the tab).

It does warm the heart though to see the amazing work they can now perform on people who have mutations/horrific accidents and can be given a second chance.

karter
22-07-2012, 05:46 AM
why is a boob job not justified? anyone can do whatever they want unless its legal. that's like going to a person who is eating a chewing gum and saying hey what are u doing it is not justified. everyone has a free will. i dont know why people judge others just because they had gone under a cosmetic surgery?

Charz777
15-08-2012, 08:29 PM
For a medical condition; yes.
For something you are really uncomfortable with, like scars or something extremely abnormal; yes.
To use it cosmetically, probably not. Those women who look like aliens but genuinely believe they look beautiful after dozens of ops, that's silly. Or like when girls are all 'I want a boob job,' without thinking of the consequences or actually considering that their body is fine and they just think a boob job is the way forward because they think guys will find them hotter or they want to be Katie Price :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!