PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Olympics

Pages : [1] 2

Technologic
26-07-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to the Olympics now that it's started! I have tickets for football at Old Trafford today (GB match :D) and Mens/Womens gymnastics finals with medal ceremony at the North Greenwich arena on the 7th August.

Anybody else going? What are your predictions for team GB? Will Monaco finally win a medal?

Thread Stuck by Lee (Forum Moderator).

Thread Unstuck by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Due to the inactivity.

David
26-07-2012, 01:32 PM
might watch a bit on tv or something
kenya to run away with all the medals
and brazil to rape everyone in football

orientalframe?
26-07-2012, 01:35 PM
i have tickets for football (also at old trafford) however it's not until the beginning of august as it's the semi final :P i am proper buzzing and i'm not the greatest fan of football

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm going to be away for most of it, will watch bits on the telly, but it'll probably just show the american parts. I'll probably try to watch the women's weightlifting as one of my schoolfriends is in it (ikr).

So looking forward to the opening ceremony tomorrow though!!

garriet
26-07-2012, 03:09 PM
i'm going to see the paralympics - swimming, because i couldn't get tickets for the olympics. i guess its still good because i can still go into the main swimming stadium, but i've already been to the velodrome this year and that was fabulous!! :)

but i will be watching the olympics on tv!!

geo
26-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm really excited and I was so upset we couldn't get tickets, I would have loved to have gone in the Olympic Arena. :( I'll be watching it for sure, can't wait.

Kasabian
26-07-2012, 04:54 PM
I have no interest other than the football.

Chris
26-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I'll watch bits and bobs of it definitely.

dbgtz
27-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Looking forward to what sounds like a horrible opening ceremony, then I will probably just catch bits here and there whilst following the medal count.

dirrty
27-07-2012, 01:08 AM
only watching the 100m (& 100m relay) events and rooting for jamaica obviously. don't care if team GB wins/loses (hell, will be more entertaining if we lose).

GirlNextDoor15
27-07-2012, 07:46 AM
would like to watch 200m cause liu xiang's back. and swimming for michael phelps and then, badminton for lin dan and lee chong wei. gymnastics and lil bit here and there. not interested in football but i look forward to watch the opening ceremony this midnight(which is night at uk). will follow up the medal count cause i really want china to win this time.

dbgtz
27-07-2012, 09:55 AM
would like to watch 200m cause liu xiang's back. and swimming for michael phelps and then, badminton for lin dan and lee chong wei. gymnastics and lil bit here and there. not interested in football but i look forward to watch the opening ceremony this midnight(which is night at uk). will follow up the medal count cause i really want china to win this time.

I doubt they'll win again.

GirlNextDoor15
27-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I doubt they'll win again.

why is that?

CreatureOfNight
27-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Im so excited and stoked to watch! :D

Inseriousity.
27-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm not really into sport but curious about this opening ceremony showcasing "the best of britain" so might just watch that. :D

Jurv
27-07-2012, 06:00 PM
i'm looking forward to the opening ceremony and i'll probably watch parts of the events sometime :)

FlyingJesus
27-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Who knows, maybe we'll get all the flags right for the opening ceremony.

Will prob watch the men's football (despite how bad our team is) and maybe some of the gymnastics/trampolining activities as those are often quite impressive, but generally I'm not really into it. Apparently our hurdles runners are meant to be really good idk

Kasabian
27-07-2012, 06:42 PM
curious about this opening ceremony showcasing "the best of britain" so might just watch that. :D

Chavs, teenage mothers, fish and chips?

FlyingJesus
27-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm not really into sport but curious about this opening ceremony showcasing "the best of britain" so might just watch that. :D

It's just gonna be me talking about my rep points with Heskey doing kickups in the background

dbgtz
27-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Don't forget the rain.

FlyingJesus
27-07-2012, 07:25 PM
omg turns out Heskey is actually lighting the Olympic flame later, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS best English sportsman of all time

Rottentroll
27-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Not feelin' this opening ceremony...Cheesy as ****.

scottish
27-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Well this is **** and boring

Kasabian
27-07-2012, 08:13 PM
This portrays 1920's Britain, are they too ashamed of the Jeremy Kyle show?

Brb, fitting in

http://rlv.zcache.com/feel_like_a_sir_meme_comic_poster-r3fd506dd4e3f4a8c9fd9b59f330da0ff_wvg_400.jpg?bg=0 xffffff

Jurv
27-07-2012, 08:15 PM
this is actually pretty good, i can't see anything wrong with it :P

Kasabian
27-07-2012, 08:21 PM
this is actually pretty good, i can't see anything wrong with it :P

I can.

£27,000,000.

Jurv
27-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I can.

£27,000,000.

as long as it's not come out of my own pocket i'm not bothered :whistle:

iBlueBox
27-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Beijing may have had fireworks, but our queen just jumped out of a helicopter.

I think we know who has won here.

Sloths
27-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Love how Mr Bean's on it xD

Rottentroll
27-07-2012, 09:01 PM
It's getting better.

As I made that post I see a bunch of eggs with mohawks bouncing on pogo sticks...Not getting better.

tylermunjkt
27-07-2012, 09:04 PM
I heard the tardis...

geo
27-07-2012, 09:10 PM
This is really incredible!

Jurv
27-07-2012, 09:22 PM
they chose the wrong adele to sing. growls. other than that its been amazing woohoo!

geo
27-07-2012, 09:54 PM
they chose the wrong adele to sing. growls. other than that its been amazing woohoo!

don't worry cameron, she got played x

wiktoria
27-07-2012, 09:57 PM
So many countries i didn't know even existed

Jurv
27-07-2012, 09:59 PM
don't worry cameron, she got played x

not for long though :(!

SackRace
27-07-2012, 10:39 PM
queen is looking fabulous

Chris
27-07-2012, 10:43 PM
queen is looking fabulous

She looks bloody miserable. :P

Anyway great show they've put on. Never even heard of most of these countries hah.

geo
27-07-2012, 10:45 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7u9gmEBpB1qks2j1o1_500.png

Loving all of these over twitter and tumblr!

Oh, sweden I love you.
Excited for team GB too. Wish I could have gone, the atmosphere seems amazing.

FlyingJesus
27-07-2012, 10:47 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7uba5hJ7x1qks2j1o1_500.jpg

Lee
27-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Loud reaction for Team GB.

geo
27-07-2012, 10:56 PM
LMAO at the queen looking down when GB came on.

oh hey tom daley

garriet
27-07-2012, 11:19 PM
LMAO at the queen looking down when GB came on.

oh hey tom daley

she was picking her nails LMAO

aww its actually amazing which is a surprise hahaha!! :)

geo
27-07-2012, 11:27 PM
she was picking her nails LMAO

aww its actually amazing which is a surprise hahaha!! :)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ud1weUrF1qa0zbho1_400.png

Abciscool
28-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I thought it was stunning. The whole thing.

dbgtz
28-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Am I the only one who got a bit frustrated when the BBC presenters were just like "oh look it's Tom Daley" every 5 minutes and then at one point the camera stalked him.

Either way I thought it was pretty much fantastic, nothing like what I expected.

lawrawrrr
28-07-2012, 02:20 AM
ahahahahhahahahahah

you fools

you said we'd embarass ourselves

WELL

SUCK ON THAT

i thought it was brilliant, nothing like what i expected. the cauldron is literally beautiful. YAY BRITAIN

dirrty
28-07-2012, 08:32 AM
can someone tell me why everything was said in french first? (and not atleast second, after english).

Eric
28-07-2012, 08:39 AM
didnt know that's french but yeah why french?

karter
28-07-2012, 08:42 AM
the opening was almost good as 2010 delhi commonwealth games, nowehere near 2008 beijing games though :P

Inseriousity.
28-07-2012, 09:45 AM
How very british. Getting off with random person you've only just met and then putting it all over facebook. haha.

I enjoyed it. Mr Bean's bit was the best though. Facial expression of the conductor was hilarious.

Jordan
28-07-2012, 09:48 AM
can someone tell me why everything was said in french first? (and not atleast second, after english).

didnt know that's french but yeah why french?

French and English are the official languages of the Modern Olympic Games. Some French dude actually started the Modern Games so I'm guessing French goes before English.

I absolutely loved the Opening Ceremony, packed so much of our history into that short space of time and the cauldron was bloody amazing.

sex
28-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Everyone is probably all patriotic after last night. France better watch out, you might invade them lol

Kyle
28-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Because English and French are the official languages of the olympics and French is more widely spoken as an official second language than English is (as far as I know?) and the founder was French, so it's always first.

Whilst I was a bit confused at the start with all the farmers and then the aristocrats with their top hats and tails the ceremony did get better through the night. Danny Boyle did a really good job, I enjoyed it.

David
28-07-2012, 01:24 PM
backing niger to win all

FlyingJesus
28-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I keep seeing people praising the opening ceremony but the only bit I saw was when they're in some mock-up council house texting each other and dancing, and that was seriously crap

dirrty
28-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I keep seeing people praising the opening ceremony but the only bit I saw was when they're in some mock-up council house texting each other and dancing, and that was seriously crap
i thought it was ridiculous how they were going through all the eras and then there were teens texting each other during the 60s/70s which was just like what :l everyone's like the whole thing was amazing, awesome etc. but i thought the beginning was blah, but got better as everything progressed. at the beginning though, i said to my friends that dizzee rascal will probably appear (in the ~modern era) and obviously paul mccartney as any event in the UK = he has to be there.

was surprised there were no hooded youths, big ben or the red phone box tbf. it seemed like they (danny boyle or whomever) were trying to throw ANYTHING associated with britain. i described the ceremony as an essay where a student just writes about everything and anything with hopes of it turning out good/getting a good mark.

GommeInc
28-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Hmm, I think I preferred our Opening Ceremony to Beijing... It got a bit boring hearing drums and fireworks for more than 20 minutes. With the London opening ceremony there was lots going on with plenty to see, but it could be patrioticism sinking in or because 2008 was a long time ago :P

Definitely was more than to be expected, especially with the cauldron and the Queen.

The teenagers that lit the cauldron must of completely destroyed the bets people made on who will be lighting it. The odds were in favour of Redgrave and the Queen at one point.

FlyingJesus
28-07-2012, 04:38 PM
i thought it was ridiculous how they were going through all the eras and then there were teens texting each other during the 60s/70s which was just like what :l

We were ahead of times duh

Also in that bit they had like random bits of TV shows and I was assuming it'd be British ones but there was a clip from Modern Family :S maybe it's because WE INVENTED AMERICA or something

dirrty
28-07-2012, 05:58 PM
We were ahead of times duh

Also in that bit they had like random bits of TV shows and I was assuming it'd be British ones but there was a clip from Modern Family :S maybe it's because WE INVENTED AMERICA or something
lmao i loved how there were odd things that were american. like there was a clip from waynes world. thought it was kinda big-headed of danny boyle to include his film in the 'best of british' section tho. way to toot your own horn. also was insulted that dizzee was included in that part.

and then there was those x-factor/britains got talent contestants who did the punjabi routine or w.e. i think it should be a golden rule, NOT to include anyone from x-factor/britains got talent unless they're an 'exceptional' singer (i.e. leona). not some average 'dancers'. but hey, atleast there were no JLS, one direction or whoever else

the best part was the queen though, and how she obviously didn't give a ****/didn't wanna be there. everytime the camera cut to her she looked sour-faced as hell, and it just made me laugh

FlyingJesus
28-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Well why would she want to be there really? There were ethnics in attendance

dirrty
28-07-2012, 06:40 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): Racist comments will not be tolerated, thanks.

FlyingJesus
28-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I was not loving the costumes in the parade most of them looked like airline stewards or beach holiday-makers. Some of the West African and South Asian ones were nice but if I was in charge of dressing the British team I'd put them all in like Vivienne Westwood and Gareth Pugh outfits it'd be fab

dirrty
28-07-2012, 06:49 PM
team USA's one was terrible. ralph lauren is a 'decent' brand (well, it's being diluted now with all the ex-g star wearers), and to come up with that was just laughable really. our one wasn't much better either. i still can't believe i sat through the whole ceremony though; especially the parade. was like ARE WE FINISHED YET??? "no we're only on C"...

can't wait for the 100m though. part of me wants bolt to lose as he is on SUCH a high pedestal right now, but then another part of me doesn't want anyone from team jamaica to lose anything :(. wouldn't mind if yohan blake won instead of bolt tho

Mark
28-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Team GB really haven't done great today. The Murray brothers lost their match as well as Anne Keothavong. The same goes for Swimming, we're not doing great atm :(

dbgtz
28-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Does anyone know what song(s) play during the whole industrial revolution part of the opening ceremony and the part with Lizzie in the chopper?

GommeInc
28-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Well why would she want to be there really? There were ethnics in attendance
You mean... the Irish? :O Pray, they don't find us and use our facilities without washing first.

Wasn't the British olympic team dressed up by Stella McCartney, or was Ab Fab lying?

Team GB really haven't done great today. The Murray brothers lost their match as well as Anne Keothavong. The same goes for Swimming, we're not doing great atm :(
It seems all the expected gold medal winners are doing badly. America lost at Archery while the Italians won. Usually America is good at the Team Archery event :/

dbgtz
28-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know what song(s) play during the whole industrial revolution part of the opening ceremony and the part with Lizzie in the chopper?

Nvm about this I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM0fiegRbTg
mmm

lawrawrrr
29-07-2012, 01:02 AM
You mean... the Irish? :O Pray, they don't find us and use our facilities without washing first.

Wasn't the British olympic team dressed up by Stella McCartney, or was Ab Fab lying?

It seems all the expected gold medal winners are doing badly. America lost at Archery while the Italians won. Usually America is good at the Team Archery event :/

They really were!!! Loved that Ab Fab episode.......

GirlNextDoor15
29-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Beijing 08 was better in my opinion. The teen love crap was absolutely unreal and cheeky. Both teens were of different race, clearly hinting that GB has always been accepting to other races which is so not true and misleading as well. Racism still exists no matter what. Paul McCartney was boring. Why on earth did he choose to sing 'Hey Jude'? omf stupid song choice. and oh mr bean. i'd say he was the highlight of the event but putting him in the orchestra and all those funny faces were so disrespectful not only to the orchestra but yeah, to himself too. Cheap humour and I just never thought royal stunt or beautiful LED lights would impress so many people. They just show how desperate GB was to make sure its opening ceremony is better than Beijing's. And shame on David Cameron. I expected more than just reading directly from the script ffs. Very disappointing

xxMATTGxx
29-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I thought the opening ceremony was great. I thought it was going to be crap when I seen the farm land idea but I changed my mind quickly when it all kicked off. The stage, lighting and everything was quite good and I enjoyed it going through the stages.. Also GirlNextDoor, I'm not going to lie but any country hosting the Olympics - Surely the whole idea is to try and make it better than the previous one? Lol.

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/opening2012/bp5.jpg

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/opening2012/bp11.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7w3679JSs1qc4fkmo6_250.jpg

More photos from: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2012/07/olympics_2012_opening_ceremoni.html

dbgtz
29-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Beijing 08 was better in my opinion. The teen love crap was absolutely unreal and cheeky. Both teens were of different race, clearly hinting that GB has always been accepting to other races which is so not true and misleading as well. Racism still exists no matter what. Paul McCartney was boring. Why on earth did he choose to sing 'Hey Jude'? omf stupid song choice. and oh mr bean. i'd say he was the highlight of the event but putting him in the orchestra and all those funny faces were so disrespectful not only to the orchestra but yeah, to himself too. Cheap humour and I just never thought royal stunt or beautiful LED lights would impress so many people. They just show how desperate GB was to make sure its opening ceremony is better than Beijing's. And shame on David Cameron. I expected more than just reading directly from the script ffs. Very disappointing

Were there not enough fireworks?

Sorry but I just watched the pre-flag part of the Beijing opening and I was pretty bored, it could have been much more lively and used better music and the fact that the kid is just lip singing because the actual singer isn't "cute enough" seems to make it worse for me. Admittedly the teen "love story" was awful, but if you ignore that idea the segment was pretty decent.

lawrawrrr
29-07-2012, 11:55 AM
The first part was honestly astounding. I don't think it can be COMPARED to beijing - it was just so different. Less fireworks, less pretty dances, but everything was spine-chillingly good. I do think that the 2nd part (everything after the kids literature) was not as good, but beijing didn't exactly keep up the same standard all the way through either, yknow? It definitely showed the great British variety, and the diversity just showed how we're not as racist (on a whole) as we used to be.

GommeInc
29-07-2012, 11:56 AM
You seem to have too high a standard...

Assuming the show was meant to point out acceptance with the two teens of different races (quite a stretch to assume such a thing) - then the UK is one of the most accepting countries on the planet. Racism will never be absolutely irradicated, that would be ridiculous, but in this country we're more accepting of other races than you would expect. I think you've read far too into it to be honest.

Hey Jude is known across the globe - did you not see the the close up of one of the Olympic Teams that were singing along, load and proud? Other than that, Paul McCartney has had his time, it was one part of the show people accept was rubbish, mainly because he's an old fart who can't sing and has sold out.

He was put into the Orchestra on purpose. The Orchestra wasn't planned to just play Chariots of Fire on its own, it was scripted to have Mr. Bean in. How can it be disrepectful when no-one was offended by it? Again, you've read into something or completely missed the point of that part of the ceremony.

What else do you expect David Cameron to do? If he went and did a speech all on his own people would complain he was diverting attention. Besides, the whole point of the Olympics is to not be political, so he wouldn't be allowed to say much.

Also, the organisers of the event did not aim to out do Beijing. In fact, the idea was to focus on what Australia did with Sydney 2000, by getting whole communities involved and focusing on different cultures within the country and the legacy it has - music, literature, acting, humour....

GirlNextDoor15
29-07-2012, 02:07 PM
dot dot dot
True but very ironic.

dot dot dot

Have you not seen enough LED lights?
Beijing was mesmerising in its brilliant way but London was too misleading and ironic. And what did you mean by better music? UK definitely took one or two ideas from Beijing in terms of expressing their own culture. But still, Beijing was better than London even though it might not give you the warm and cosy feeling etc. However, Beijing had successfully poured out 5000 years of history in just a few hours. Compared to London, it felt like they were partying or watching a circus with a few 'good' performers instead of celebrating Olympics. London kept emphasizing on how amazing its history has been but it's not. It looked like they were dying for praises when they brought out all these childhood stories which were only creative but didn't tell much about GB's history. They persuaded the Queen to jump off the helicopter but the Queen is just a human being who eats, sleeps, drinks and ages like how all of us do. I don't really see the big deal of the Queen parachuting. Might be even better if they could find other 86 y/o athletes to parachute. That might show how enthusiastic they are for Olympics. The Queen? Nah. Maybe they wanted the Queen to do it so that we'll laugh. :P

dot dot dot

I wasn't expecting too much. Just what Olympics should be rather than showing how 'accepting' a multinational state should be. Whoever will thought of letting Ban Ki Moon carry the Olympic flag lackadaisically. I didn't expect to watch a circus full of random songs or whatever. The coordination wasn't there. And I don't see how accepting UK is. More of how busybody UK is in other people's business. That's the reality and changing the perception of how one should view UK through Olympics won't actly change anything really. UK may be more accepting of other races but I still don't see how. The name callings like bacon etc. You know it better. So, tell me how is UK accepting? And I always wonder why Paul McCartney. Elton John's not dead .
And yes. Mr Bean's there for nothing except for cheap humour.
The whole show's just for laugh and giggles imo. Didn't really impress me except for the parachuting part. How desperate.

xxMATTGxx
29-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Silver medal for Lizzie Armitstead (Team GB) - Fantastic!

xxMATTGxx
29-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Rebecca Adlington has just got TeamGB a bronze medal - She did great considering.

lawrawrrr
29-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Go tancock!! I do like the swimming events ;D

in other news i pre-ordered the opening ceremony soundtrack CD - yay!

xxMATTGxx
29-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Loving the amount of support and cheers TeamGB are getting during the events.

Lee
29-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Atmosphere is great I agree whilst GB are on, I am surprised really never expected such a reaction for some reason.

MissAlice
29-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought the opening ceremony was quite clever. Bond is known worldwide, the same can be said of Rowan Atkinson and Sir Paul McCartney. As for the Queen, well she too is entitled to a bit of light humour, and you might even think of her as a good sport ;)

I read somewhere that ‘Hey Jude’ was the most played Beatles song.

The petals and the lighting of the cauldron was excellent, and was worth waiting for!

Lizzie Armitstead was awesome today, I was willing her to take the gold, and it was so close.
Rebecca Adlington should be proud, after the heats I didn’t think she was going to get a medal.
Good on the girls today :)

Foregetfuhl
30-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Paul McCartney doesn't even deserve to have closed the opening of the olympics. Dreadful performer. The Queen showed the world just how snobby she was and stuck up she was by putting on that ridiculous face the whole show and then just picking at her nails when Great Britain finally made there way out into the venue? I mean really. It just shows how up herself she is.

Fifty-Six
30-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I thought the Opening Ceremonies were actually amazing. I guess this is in part because I'm from a different nationality looking into British culture and heritage, and learning things about it. Had I been British my response to the ceremony might have been different. For example, I didn't think the 2010 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony in Vancouver was too great, but that's probably because I'm constantly bombarded with Canadian culture. I wasn't a huge fan of the neon dancing people and the house scene with the family and the kids on their phones. Mr Bean was pretty funny on the keyboard, and the Queen/James Bond clip was good (would've been better if she'd actually parachuted in herself). Cauldron lighting was actually a very interesting approach and a refreshing change from the usual celebrity faces.

One thing I was wondering, though, was why they chose to have some non-Brits carried in the Olympic flag? Thinking back to the Vancouver ceremony, all of the people who carried in the Olympic flag were Canadians. Just wondering why they chose to include people such as Ban Ki-moon.

sex
30-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Woo mens diving today. can't wait for tom daley in the synco

wiktoria
30-07-2012, 12:56 PM
same i can't wait for mens diving!!!!!!

garriet
30-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Paul McCartney doesn't even deserve to have closed the opening of the olympics. Dreadful performer. The Queen showed the world just how snobby she was and stuck up she was by putting on that ridiculous face the whole show and then just picking at her nails when Great Britain finally made there way out into the venue? I mean really. It just shows how up herself she is.

i agree with you about paul mccartney but not the queen.

i think its a bit harsh to say that she is up herself and snobby, she may be but not to the extent of what you are portraying it as. the queen probably doesn't smile much because she is the queen and she is respected and deserves respect, when she does smile people take it as an important thing due to the fact she doesn't smile much. if she smiled every time something happened then respect could be lost for her as it could show she doesn't really care she is just smiling to make other people happy. but when she does actually smile (on the few occasions) it can really have a good impact on the people that respect her. that's probably why she doesn't smile much, but we can't really judge her as we're not the queen, and we don't know what its like to be in her shoes.

i'm really enjoying the olympics so far, its great to see team gb have got some medals already!! :)

edible
30-07-2012, 01:52 PM
tom daley soon

dirrty
30-07-2012, 02:18 PM
i agree with you about paul mccartney but not the queen.

i think its a bit harsh to say that she is up herself and snobby, she may be but not to the extent of what you are portraying it as. the queen probably doesn't smile much because she is the queen and she is respected and deserves respect, when she does smile people take it as an important thing due to the fact she doesn't smile much. if she smiled every time something happened then respect could be lost for her as it could show she doesn't really care she is just smiling to make other people happy. but when she does actually smile (on the few occasions) it can really have a good impact on the people that respect her. that's probably why she doesn't smile much, but we can't really judge her as we're not the queen, and we don't know what its like to be in her shoes.

i'm really enjoying the olympics so far, its great to see team gb have got some medals already!! :)
the queen looked bored as **** and like she'd rather be elsewhere. she doesn't have to crack a smile, but she atleast could show that she had some levels of interest in the ceremony.

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Very unlucky! Hope we do better at the individual diving. We was doing so good at the start and then those small mistakes :(

=Lizzy
30-07-2012, 03:04 PM
fantastic effort by tom and pete but china are amazing at diving. well done to them both!

Red
30-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm gutted for them :(

Kasabian
30-07-2012, 03:11 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7udx9ntI01qf907lo1_500.jpg

Edited by Matts (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks.

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 05:59 PM
WE'VE JUST A SILVER MEDAL! - Male gymnastics. We all thought it was the bronze but now it is SILVER! Fantastic effort from the guys.

---------- Post added 30-07-2012 at 07:07 PM ----------

Ok Japan are protesting so we could not have a silver just yet...

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Back down to a bronze, Japan went up in points after the protest.

Gold: China
Silver: Japan
Bronze: Great Britain

Matthew
30-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Great effort from britain there!

unlucky with the appeal but japan deserved second really.

First medal in that event since 1912 I think?

sex
30-07-2012, 06:21 PM
That is such a ******* scam lol. No one in the stadium was happy about that apart from that ugly looking Japanese team

Stephen
30-07-2012, 06:35 PM
they should be deported

or shot

Absently
30-07-2012, 06:48 PM
True but very ironic.

Have you not seen enough LED lights?
Beijing was mesmerising in its brilliant way but London was too misleading and ironic. And what did you mean by better music? UK definitely took one or two ideas from Beijing in terms of expressing their own culture. But still, Beijing was better than London even though it might not give you the warm and cosy feeling etc. However, Beijing had successfully poured out 5000 years of history in just a few hours. Compared to London, it felt like they were partying or watching a circus with a few 'good' performers instead of celebrating Olympics. London kept emphasizing on how amazing its history has been but it's not. It looked like they were dying for praises when they brought out all these childhood stories which were only creative but didn't tell much about GB's history. They persuaded the Queen to jump off the helicopter but the Queen is just a human being who eats, sleeps, drinks and ages like how all of us do. I don't really see the big deal of the Queen parachuting. Might be even better if they could find other 86 y/o athletes to parachute. That might show how enthusiastic they are for Olympics. The Queen? Nah. Maybe they wanted the Queen to do it so that we'll laugh. :P

I wasn't expecting too much. Just what Olympics should be rather than showing how 'accepting' a multinational state should be. Whoever will thought of letting Ban Ki Moon carry the Olympic flag lackadaisically. I didn't expect to watch a circus full of random songs or whatever. The coordination wasn't there. And I don't see how accepting UK is. More of how busybody UK is in other people's business. That's the reality and changing the perception of how one should view UK through Olympics won't actly change anything really. UK may be more accepting of other races but I still don't see how. The name callings like bacon etc. You know it better. So, tell me how is UK accepting? And I always wonder why Paul McCartney. Elton John's not dead .
And yes. Mr Bean's there for nothing except for cheap humour.
The whole show's just for laugh and giggles imo. Didn't really impress me except for the parachuting part. How desperate.Misawa? Is that you?

dirrty
30-07-2012, 06:51 PM
my hopes for team GB not getting a lot of medals is working. perrrrrrrrrrfect.

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 07:29 PM
We just beat Argentina in Hockey (preliminary round) by a fantastic 4-1. Fantastic performance from TeamGB!

GommeInc
30-07-2012, 09:59 PM
the queen looked bored as **** and like she'd rather be elsewhere. she doesn't have to crack a smile, but she atleast could show that she had some levels of interest in the ceremony.
Is it really that bad to pick your nails during the ceremony? Loads of people were probably on their phones during the boring parts (of which there were a few). It's amazing how something so small as picking your nails means you show no interest despite the fact she actually got involved, turned up and did the walkabouts of the Olympic Village and took the time to talk to the atheletes.

She's not one to crack smiles, she's been brought up to take things seriously and show the appropriate manner. Look at Jacques Rogge, for example. He wasn't exactly a smiler either, because he has to see the serious side of the Olympics. She smiled the whole time she went down the steps to her position and turned on her "time to be official and serious now" face. It's not something to be offended by, it's just how the Officials of these events look.

Back down to a bronze, Japan went up in points after the protest.

Gold: China
Silver: Japan
Bronze: Great Britain
The commentators were way too pleased when they saw GB get the silver before the official scores :P It's the most screaming so far in the Olympics! Japan deserved to get second place, it was strange the judges didn't take into account that the Japanese gymnast did land on his feet despite falling off.

The cross-country horse event was interesting. Shocking the Japanese rider fell at one of the hurdles, the horse landed badly but it seems it was fine. Not nice seeing an animal with sticks for legs, weighing so much and landing so badly - especially after Ascot where a horse had to be put down.

dirrty
30-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Is it really that bad to pick your nails during the ceremony? Loads of people were probably on their phones during the boring parts (of which there were a few). It's amazing how something so small as picking your nails means you show no interest despite the fact she actually got involved, turned up and did the walkabouts of the Olympic Village and took the time to talk to the atheletes.

She's not one to crack smiles, she's been brought up to take things seriously and show the appropriate manner. Look at Jacques Rogge, for example. He wasn't exactly a smiler either, because he has to see the serious side of the Olympics. She smiled the whole time she went down the steps to her position and turned on her "time to be official and serious now" face. It's not something to be offended by, it's just how the Officials of these events look.

i didn't say that picking her nails equated to having no interest. everytime the camera cut to her (that i saw anyway), she looked bored, showing no emotion and just seemed disinterested. just a basic observation that i (and various others) saw. i understand that officials have to give off a professional air to others, but her face was like stone. i've seen her at various other occasions/events, and she didn't look so poker-face. at the end of the day, it does seem that a mountain has been made out of a molehill (including myself), but i just think it's quite rude to show that you're disinterested in something, an event which most probably won't happen again in any of our lifetimes. yes, she partook in previous engagements that led up to the olympics, but it's not exactly difficult to show some acknowledgement. but then again, the queen is the HBIC so she can do whatever she wants lol.

GommeInc
30-07-2012, 10:43 PM
i didn't say that picking her nails equated to having no interest. everytime the camera cut to her (that i saw anyway), she looked bored, showing no emotion and just seemed disinterested. just a basic observation that i (and various others) saw. i understand that officials have to give off a professional air to others, but her face was like stone. i've seen her at various other occasions/events, and she didn't look so poker-face. at the end of the day, it does seem that a mountain has been made out of a molehill (including myself), but i just think it's quite rude to show that you're disinterested in something, an event which most probably won't happen again in any of our lifetimes. yes, she partook in previous engagements that led up to the olympics, but it's not exactly difficult to show some acknowledgement. but then again, the queen is the HBIC so she can do whatever she wants lol.
I suppose, it just seems weird that people have only just noticed she pulls a rather disinterested face :P The one in your signature shows more emotion than usual! I don't think she was too elated at the wedding of William and Catherine :P

SevereInk
30-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Anyone got an update on the medal statistics for Team GB??

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Anyone got an update on the medal statistics for Team GB??

http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/

Currently have 1 silver and 2 bronze.

SevereInk
30-07-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/

Currently have 1 silver and 2 bronze.

Not too impressive then.. I think the pressure is abit much for them, seeing as we're the host country nd all. Plus we're generally not that good, we only impress in a couple of events.

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Not too impressive then.. I think the pressure is abit much for them, seeing as we're the host country nd all. Plus we're generally not that good, we only impress in a couple of events.

Still got many events to come to be fair, plus it's about taking part what counts. I've been watching some of the events and have been loving each minute. Just got to keep supporting the team!

xxMATTGxx
31-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Been watching the equestrian and TeamGB just got a silver medal in the team eventing!

Team Eventing:

Gold: Germany
Silver: Great Britain
Bronze: New Zealand

dbgtz
31-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Well it depends how you look at it, as it currently stands if we get one gold we'd move up to 10th place, 2 and we'd be joint 6th, 3 and we would be 3rd (obviously that's not taking into account other teams winnings). So it's not too bad :L

Does anyone know an event where GB is likely to get a gold?

wiktoria
31-07-2012, 01:48 PM
womens 10m synchronised diving soon

FlyingJesus
31-07-2012, 05:02 PM

As far as I'm aware it's the rowing and sailing events that we're killing in at the moment, it's just that it's all been heats so far and obviously you only get medals for finals, which does explain why we're a bit behind at the moment :P

Think we actually have a chance at medals with the football events too but those seem to be rather up in the air at the moment - Brazil firm favourites but everyone else is pretty much a lottery as far as I can see

luce
31-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Well it depends how you look at it, as it currently stands if we get one gold we'd move up to 10th place, 2 and we'd be joint 6th, 3 and we would be 3rd (obviously that's not taking into account other teams winnings). So it's not too bad :L

Football, especially women's, if we can hold on agianst Brazil today would seem POSSIBLE but more likley to get one of a differnet coulur.

Sailing

Rowing (finals start tomorrow)

Athletics (Ennis, Mo and some others)

Swimming (Becky in her favoured event to with her Bronze)

Cycling (Hoy et al and the womens all have Gold medel hopes)

BMX (Think our female rider has a shot)

Gymnastics (Beth has a shot at the floor and possibly uneven bars but stiff competition)

xxMATTGxx
31-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Question about previous Olympics:

Has the BBC or other UK channels showed the events like they are doing now in previous Olympics? Or was it just the major events or highlights?

MissAlice
31-07-2012, 09:06 PM

Definetely in the rowing, hopefully two or more. We have won Gold at every Olympics since 1984. That is impressive.

Just read an article that someone has stolen Bradley Wiggin's training kit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-19067265

Jordan
01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Just got our first gold medal in the women's rowing! First gold medal for women in rowing for GB ever I think they said!

1) Great Britain
2) Australia
3) ​New Zealand

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 10:59 AM
That was AMAZING! They did so well and really deserve the gold. Congratulations to both of them and to TeamGB.

Jordan
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
We've gone from 21st place to 13th place on the medals table now because of that gold. Don't think we are doing too well on the current rowing race now (quadruple thing).

Just got a bronze in the mens quadruple thing!

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 11:37 AM
I was shouting and screaming at the television then. We was so close in getting a gold/silver and then they just slipped back. Thankfully we still got a bronze medal out of it all.

geo
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Was shouting at the TV and I heard my mum screaming when we won. Was really great. :D
Hopefully this is gonna be the start of many gold medals to come.

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
TeamGB Medal Count:

Gold: 1
Silver: 2
Bronze: 3

CrazyLemurs
01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
TeamJapan Medal Count:

Gold: 1
Silver: 4
Bronze: ​8

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Looks like we may have just got ourselves a gold and bronze medal. Just waiting...

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

GOLD MEDAL FOR BRADLEY WIGGINS! FANTASTIC

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 04:10 PM ----------

Chris Froome also got us a bronze medal.

luce
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Today is the start of the medals for us, tomorrow athletics and track cycling gets underway and the rowing finals will continue. Every single one of out boats has got to their respective finals in rowing - that is phenomenal.

Jordan
01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Silver medal for GB in men's 200m breast stroke!! We've got quite a few today!

geo
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Today has been really great for Team GB. :D Hopefully we can keep this up tbh.

smithy1997
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Woah, GB won a few medals today ;)
Just been watching the swimming, they get so close

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Team GB are through to Olympic football quarter finals, beating Uruguay 1-0

FlyingJesus
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Into the quarters for both men's and women's football, looks like we ought to be able to get into the semis based on current performance and then that will be the biggest test (most likely coming up against Brazil in the men's and USA in the women's), but pretty confident about getting a medal of some sort in both right now

smithy1997
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Hope GB get a good position at the end of the olympics, even if it isn't 1st position with golds, 2nd or 3rd would be nice :)

MissAlice
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
What a great day for Team GB.

Chris Froome getting a Bronze in the Time Trials overshadowed again, but he is certainly one to watch in the future. As for Bradley Wiggins, I suspect he will be ‘Sports Personality of the Year’.

Don’t forget postage stamps featuring Great Britain's first gold medal winners of the London 2012 Olympics go on sale tomorrow, 60p each.

Matthew
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
What a great day for Team GB.

Chris Froome getting a Bronze in the Time Trials overshadowed again, but he is certainly one to watch in the future. As for Bradley Wiggins, I suspect he will be ‘Sports Personality of the Year’.

Don’t forget postage stamps featuring Great Britain's first gold medal winners of the London 2012 Olympics go on sale tomorrow, 60p each.

Yeah I thought that. He'll surely get it!

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
That was quite close, racing to the line in terms of who was going to get the medals. TeamGB just got another silver!

Event: Men's lightweight four rowing

Grig
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
****, why is russia doing so **** Arfar;

it's a disgrace

Jordan
02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
We won a gold medal in the shooting, a gold in canoeing and a silver in canoeing I think :D!!

I think we might of got a silver as well earlier on in the rowing too so we're doing alright. Got cycling soon (or now) not sure when.#

5th place on the medal board

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
We won a gold medal in the shooting, a gold in canoeing and a silver in canoeing I think :D!!

I think we might of got a silver as well earlier on in the rowing too so we're doing alright. Got cycling soon (or now) not sure when.#

5th place on the medal board

We should also be getting a medal in Judo very shortly!

Mark
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
We should also be getting a medal in Judo very shortly!

I hope so! The Americans are winning so fair with 3 mins left on the clock

Jordan
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I hope so! The Americans are winning so fair with 3 mins left on the clock

I thought we had a medal anyway in Judo it's just this match is deciding which is silver and which is gold. Or was that with another sport.

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I thought we had a medal anyway in Judo it's just this match is deciding which is silver and which is gold. Or was that with another sport.

Correct.

Jordan
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Got a silver, shame she was close but she did well! Got Cycling in 5 minutes and people said we have a good chance with this.

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Just got ourselves a silver in the Judo :)

Mark
02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
We're level with France in points on the medal table however because they have more gold than us we're still 5th

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
GOLD MEDAL and world record for TeamGB in the cycling track.

GOLD! WORLD RECORD! Sir Chris Hoy Philip Hindes & Jason Kenny tear the track apart to win Gold in the Men's Team Sprint Cycling in a new World Record time of 42.6seconds.

Sir Chris Hoy's 5th Olympic Gold Medal. Sensational. Congratulations gentlemen.

Lee
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Happy with that gold in cycling, TEAMGB :)

Lee
02-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Just won gold and set a Olympic Record in mens swimming!

Edit; that was the US.

Matthew
02-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Just won gold and set a Olympic Record in mens swimming!

Edit; that was the US.

LOL

Another good day for team GB :D!

luce
02-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Well that was a very good day :-) knew things would kick off now the track and feild have started/are starting.

MissAlice
02-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Fantastic day for Team GB.

Shame about Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish being disqualified in the cycling. Victoria has another two events so fingers crossed for her.

Was it 3 Gold and 3 Silver today?

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Fantastic day for Team GB.

Shame about Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish being disqualified in the cycling. Victoria has another two events so fingers crossed for her.

Was it 3 Gold and 3 Silver today?

Correct from what I remember.

MissAlice
02-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Correct from what I remember.

The cycling on the roads and at the velodrome I have really enjoyed. As I drove this morning I heard some news on the radio with regard to the cycling. Surrey County Council is hoping to bring a stage of the Tour de France to its roads following Team GB's Olympic cycling success.

Staging the Surrey sections of the Olympic cycle races and time trials took 42 miles of roadside barriers, 5,000 cones, 4,000 road signs and 545 road closures.

Tour de Surrey? We will have to watch that space and see if it happens!

GommeInc
02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Such a shame about the womens cycling. The Chinese team were disqualified too. Apparently the mark to tell the cyclists that it is fine to overtake wasn't as clear as it could have been. The annoying thing now is that they've properly marked it, which sort of deems the whole cycling events a bit unfair and inconsistent :/

JerseySafety
03-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Damn at the mens rowing pairs last night. NZ came from like 5th or 6th and ended up getting gold :)

Absolutely smashed everyone, well done guys! Watched the cycling and they did really well :)

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
TeamGB just got a bronze medal in the Men's Pair final.

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 11:18 AM
GOLD for TeamGB in the Women's double sculls - Bloody fantastic.

Matthew
03-08-2012, 11:22 AM
woo another gold :D!

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Bronze Medal for TeamGB thanks to Alan Campbell! :D

geo
03-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Looks like we're doing pretty well now. We weren't doing so good after the first few days so it's nice to see we're doing so well now. :)

Jordan
03-08-2012, 12:07 PM
We're fourth on the medal table now :D Couple more golds and we will overtake Korea and be in third! Doubt we will catch up USA and China :P We're doing so well.

GommeInc
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
We're fourth on the medal table now :D Couple more golds and we will overtake Korea and be in third! Doubt we will catch up USA and China :P We're doing so well.
Isn't it just one more gold to be in third? Once we draw in golds our total medal count will mean we're ahead, despite the same number of golds. Or something has gone amiss :P

Jordan
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Isn't it just one more gold to be in third? Once we draw in golds our total medal count will mean we're ahead, despite the same number of golds. Or something has gone amiss :P

Yeah you're right I didn't look at that haha:)

Lamz
03-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Jessica Ennis & Katrina Johnson Thompson... :love:

They're the only reason why I am supporting Team GB.

Usain Bolt & Veronica Campbell are my favs to bring in Gold from Jamaica

Gonna be watching it all on tv, found it quite pointless getting tickets to go + didn't want to put my life on the line. My neighbours got tickets to diving & volleyball, 1 of them was sick & said I could go but I'm not really a water sports man so I said no & they took their cousin instead.

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Karina Bryant just got TeamGB a Bronze in Judo :D

David
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
is china still winning

Eric
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
is china still winning

yes, they have 20 gold medals now

Grig
03-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Great four and a half hour tennis semi-final between Federer and Del Potro.

Jordan
03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Just found out that 25 gold medals will be awarded tomorrow so hopefully GB will get a nice amount of them :) Got cycling in a minute I think and then also a couple of swimming races later on!

Edit:

Just got 2 world records in cycling and just got a gold medal so that will make us go to 3rd place in the medals table!

edit (2)havent been following korea and france so no we wont

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
GOLD Medal and a new world record for TeamGB in the cyclin - Men's Team Pursuit. We are doing pretty good to be honest.

Lee
03-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Really enjoyed watching the mens pursuit then, amazing the way they do it!

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
ANOTHER GOLD - Well Done Victoria Pendleton

Matthew
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
3rd in the medals table now woo!

dbgtz
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
It's not looking good for Djokovic in his match, looks like Murray might make it to the final.

xxMATTGxx
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Just got a bronze in the swimming! Must be so tiring to do all this swimming :P

Matthew
03-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Close for rebecca!
At least she didn't lose her WR :P

dbgtz
03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Guaranteed medal for Murray, looking like a good year for him.

I just realised watching Victoria Pendleton get her gold that the Union Flag was wrong :L

Matthew
04-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Murray vs Federer again oh dear

which do you think Murray would rather have got 1st place in if he had to choose? Olympics or Wimbledon?

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 10:42 AM
We just got another gold medal in the Rowing.

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 10:58 AM
ANOTHER Gold Medal :D

Martin
04-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Aren't we third in the medal table now? :D WOOO

Omg they are doing amazing :)

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Aren't we third in the medal table now? :D WOOO

Omg they are doing amazing :)

Yeah we should be, two gold medals so far today. What a great start to the weekend!

ihatehash
04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
two golds in a row, then a ruined race. wd GB.

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 11:16 AM
two golds in a row, then a ruined race. wd GB.

Can't really blame the guys for a broken seat...

Update:

The clip that keeps the seat's runners connected got stuck so the seat jammed. Hopefully we will be underway soon!

ihatehash
04-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Can't really blame the guys for a broken seat...
I was more commenting on the randomness of it rather then faulting them, but i can see how it looked that way.

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

yay bronze

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 11:28 AM
I was more commenting on the randomness of it rather then faulting them, but i can see how it looked that way.

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

yay bronze

Ah I see.

TeamGB just got a silver - Bloody hell @ that.

ihatehash
04-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Ah I see.

TeamGB just got a silver - Bloody hell @ that.

I know, close as. I must admit im slightly guilty of cheering for the danes at the end, threes golds in a row would make the rest of us look useless.

Red
04-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Omg they are crushed :( In tears watching that interview.

JerseySafety
04-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Omg swear that restart wasn't in the first 100m ridiculous :'( ugh another bronze it is.

dirrty
04-08-2012, 12:02 PM
team jamaica for all 100m, 200m and 4x100m events (men and women).

JerseySafety
04-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Wow just heard that Aussie tv didn't show nz on their medal table because we are doing better than them haha. They are mad, good cycling from gbr just watched replay.

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Omg swear that restart wasn't in the first 100m ridiculous :'( ugh another bronze it is.

It was, hence we was allowed to restart ;)

JerseySafety
04-08-2012, 12:11 PM
It was, hence we was allowed to restart ;)

Only just ;) oh well wasn't expecting us to do as good as we did tbh. Oh and we were* not we was ;) can't wait until women's shotput and cycling.:)

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Robson & Murray just got into the Semi-final for the mixed doubles (Tennis)

dirrty
04-08-2012, 02:18 PM
anyone watching williams/sharapova? serena is playing amazingly, and sharapova...yeah, let's not go there.

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Just got a new world record in the Women's Pursuit Team (Cycling - Track) It also they will be against the USA for Gold/Silver.

FlyingJesus
04-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Andy Murray smiling! What a way to take it into the finals

German girl was fit though

dbgtz
04-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Murray and Robson into the finals, another guaranteed medal.

FlyingJesus
04-08-2012, 05:10 PM
And that's a hell of a cycle race, another gold and another world record!

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 05:10 PM
We just got ourselves another GOLD medal and a NEW WORLD RECORD! Just fantastic.

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Jessica Ennis just got us a GOLD in heptathlon

Jordan
04-08-2012, 08:06 PM
We've done brilliantly today! Just saw Jessica Ennis and she has done extremely well for that heptathlon.

geo
04-08-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm so happy for Jessica Ennis, she really did deserve this! :D

Jarkie
04-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Amazing performance from Jessica Ennis :)

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Another gold ;)

Foregetfuhl
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
We're doing so well in the athletics tonight.. no hope for this 10000m though I don't think :/

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Gold medals today, we haven't done that since 1908. In terms of getting that much in one day.

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 09:47 PM ----------

ANOTHER GOLD MEDAL, THAT IS SIX IN ONE DAY YES.

Foregetfuhl
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Right i was proven wrong! WOW

Amberr
04-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Great Britain have done amazing today. can't quite believe it!

Foregetfuhl
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I know me neither, when that guy was running I really didn't think he would do it.. but just wow! He did amazing!!

dirrty
04-08-2012, 09:06 PM
my god. watching the 10,000m and then the 100m almost made me fall of the sofa. i need a break man, someone get me some water, 2 paracetamols and an oxygen tank!

xxMATTGxx
04-08-2012, 09:15 PM
TeamGB just lost in the football against South Korea, it went to penalty shootout. Bit of a shame but at least we did good elsewhere today!

MissAlice
04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Great day for Team GB, truly fantastic sporting heroes, their dreams have come true.

We have been very strong in the cycling and the rowing :)

Jessica Ennis was simply amazing.

14 Gold
7 Silver
8 Bronze

Tennis will be good with 2 definite medals, woohoo! Murray has a busy day ahead of him.

FlyingJesus
05-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Still think beating The Cube was more impressive than the 10k but fab day full of medals, loving it

Amberr
05-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Our lucks probably run out now, wont be surprised if we don't win anything else, Great Britain never do this well :P.

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Our lucks probably run out now, wont be surprised if we don't win anything else, Great Britain never do this well :P.

You do realise we got 19 gold medals in the Beijing 2008 Olympic games?

2008:

Gold: 19
Silver: 13
Bronze: 15

Total: 47

2012:

Gold: 14
Silver: 7
Bronze: 8

Total: 29

So saying we never do this well is a bit incorrect as we did quite well in the Summer Olympic games before this one. Now the years before that we didn't do as well as we are doing now and in 2008.

Grig
05-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Great tennis men's singles final today. Federer-Murray. Should be a thriller!

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Good front cover :P

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2012/08/05/uFezl.jpg

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm so proud of Jessica Ennis shes achieved so much!! Gold medals still to come for Team GB I'm thinking though :)

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Ian Percy and Andrew Simpson just got us a silver medal in sailing.

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Ben Ainslie wins gold medal in men's Finn class at olympics - Another good start to the day!

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Murray's doing well at the moment.. Hopefully another gold!!

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
We just got a silver and a bronze in the Gymnastics (Artistic)

Louis Smith takes Silver and Max Whitlock takes Bronze in the Men's Pommel Final

---------- Post added 05-08-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

GOLD FOR TEAMGB! Thank you Andy Murray

Matthew
05-08-2012, 03:24 PM
WE LOVE YOU ANDY!

What a game!

Grig
05-08-2012, 03:29 PM
bit one sided for a tennis final. But well done, he need to win at least something :).

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 04:04 PM
YES WELL DONE MURRAY!!!

sex
05-08-2012, 05:37 PM
im so happy they won silver & bronze in gymnastics!! soo deserved but omg at it being a tie for gold and the other guy wining because he was a little higher on execution

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Silver for the mixed doubles. They played hard and it's a shame they missed out on the gold but its still good they got a silver. Also Ed Clancy just got us a bronze in the Men's Omnium.

So that's:

2x Gold
3x Silver
2x Bronze

For today I believe.

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Not a bad haul today really, I was hoping we would do better in a couple but we did alright at the end of the day :)

geo
05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Gold for Bolt... who would have thought it?! ;)

xxMATTGxx
05-08-2012, 09:18 PM
BBC commentators reaction videos:

Mo Farah - 10,000m Race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_g0_NZZSUE

Usian Bolt - 100m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S721Q_2vJJ4

dirrty
05-08-2012, 09:28 PM
BBC commentators reaction videos:

Mo Farah - 10,000m Race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_g0_NZZSUE

Usian Bolt - 100m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S721Q_2vJJ4
the reactions were almost as good as the races, hahahaha

GommeInc
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Did anyone see the bottle that was thrown onto the track at the start of the 100m Men's Final? The reaction of the man just in the screen at the top looked like someone was trying to do a bit of foul play...

EDIT: It's about 9 seconds in, after the "Set" but just before the bang http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18907995

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Really good for Bolt! He deserves it! :)

dirrty
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Did anyone see the bottle that was thrown onto the track at the start of the 100m Men's Final? The reaction of the man just in the screen at the top looked like someone was trying to do a bit of foul play...

EDIT: It's about 9 seconds in, after the "Set" but just before the bang http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18907995
i didn't see it, but someone posted the pic on my fb. disgraceful, i hope they find the guy

Foregetfuhl
06-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I wonder if we will receive any more medals today.. :)

sex
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
omg at the support for the irish vs gb in boxing.... nothing but irish cheers from the crowd hahaha

FlyingJesus
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Didn't even know Ireland were at the Olympics

dirrty
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
beth tweedle's face...

sex
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
gb won bronze in womens gymnastics for the first time ever i think

Foregetfuhl
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
gb won bronze in womens gymnastics for the first time ever i think

That's better than nothing I guess :)

xxMATTGxx
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Gold Medal in the Jumping Team Finals!

xxMATTGxx
06-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Jason Kenny just got us a GOLD! This in the men's individual sprint cycling.

---------- Post added 06-08-2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

Medal Count for Team GB:

Gold: 18
Silver: 11
Bronze: 11

Sloths
06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Oh well Valerie only got silver in shotput for NZ so that's pretty much all our gold attempts finished TeamGB all the way :P

:odey:
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM
The javelin this morning was emotional,
Poor Goldie Sayers :(!

Amberr
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
GB are doing very well in the Triathlon. Hopefully they can hold on and get a gold and silver !!

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2012, 12:16 PM
GOLD MEDAL! That's 19 Golds for TeamGB. We also got a bronze.

Big congrats to the Brownlee brothers for getting the Gold and Bronze. Also means TeamGB is now on it's 19th Gold Medal for 2012 Olympic Games. We got 19 back in 2008, can we get any more? We sure can.

Amberr
07-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Big congrats to the Brownlee brothers for getting the Gold and Bronze. Also means TeamGB is now on it's 19th Gold Medal for 2012 Olympic Games. We got 19 back in 2008, can we get any more? We sure can.

very well deserved! they both performed amazing in that race. I think the medal ceremony will be quite emotional.

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2012, 12:29 PM
We also just got a SILVER medal in the Men's RS:X Windsurfer thanks to Nick Dempsey!

---------- Post added 07-08-2012 at 01:40 PM ----------

TeamGB Medal Count:

Silver: 12
Bronze: 12

GommeInc
07-08-2012, 01:55 PM

If Hoy and Pendleton can pull of the cycling in the Velodrome then we may have 21 :D

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2012, 03:09 PM
We now have 20 GOLD MEDALS - That's means we have more Gold than we did in 2008 Olympic Games. We just got that in Dressage.

---------- Post added 07-08-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

Team GB Medal Count:

2012:

Gold: 20

2008:

Silver: 13
Bronze: 15

According to BBC Sports:

That team dressage gold means this is now the most successful GB Olympic team in 104 years!

dbgtz
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
2012:

Gold: 20

What is this sorcery?

Anyway the team is doing amazing, any chance of taking over the USA? :L

GommeInc
07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
According to BBC Sports:

That team dressage gold means this is now the most successful GB Olympic team in 104 years!
That's great news :D The Germans must not be too happy, I believe that was one they were likely to win gold in? 10 more (might be more or less now, not sure) and we beat the US, but given the gap and number of medals left, it seems a bit of a challenge too great to take. Still, for a country our size 3rd is very good.

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
That's great news :D The Germans must not be too happy, I believe that was one they were likely to win gold in? 10 more (might be more or less now, not sure) and we beat the US, but given the gap and number of medals left, it seems a bit of a challenge too great to take. Still, for a country our size 3rd is very good.

First time since 1976 they haven't won gold in the event I believe.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!