PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous

CrazyColaist
02-08-2012, 08:42 AM
for the people who actually remember anonymous on habbo days

1. are you shocked how big they become
2. do you agree with what there doing.
3 have you been to any movements? or protests etc.

simple debate.

Nli.
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
The group stemmed from Habbo, the group existed but took their actions on to the game.

GommeInc
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM
1. Not really, there will always be a group that will tower above others. Their sheer size on Habbo was a hint as to what was to come, and their activities on 4Chan (which they properly originated from) is testament to that. If the group was small on Habbo then it would be surprising.
2. Depends what they do. Most of the time they seem to be a bunch of whinging children who want to get their own way, and just make the situation worse. When the adults talk and you get a bunch of children running in, it's just irritating :/ That said, they have done some good, and they do promote better online security and freedom, even though they needlessly abuse a system to make their point by disrupting the majority who probably do not care when they should probably find a better way of communication. Setting fire to a barn full of animals to tell the farmer their barn full of hay is alight is a bit irresponsible :P They're better than other cyber rebels, like the ones that took over Sony and Microsoft for what appears to be personal gain rather than the Anonymous goal of making a point known.
3. Nope, they tend to hijack actual protests and the "acting anonymous" idea seems counter-productive. They hate faceless Government officials who propose radical changes yet want to act faceless too. They do have a point doing it anonymously, but seeing as a group never expresses one pure idea and motive as a collective, it can become a bit destructive and the goals a bit blurred.

Oleh
03-08-2012, 01:13 PM
1. No, a group like this will always grow in size if its something to do with hacktivism..
2. For the most part I agree with what they're doing, it may just be my mentality to towards them and my beliefs.
3. No, I'm only a supporter, not a doer.

Mentor
18-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Anonymous have nothing to do with habbo and never have done. The habbo group is just a load of board kids, the better known one is simply a title/mask, that whoever feels the need can claim to be and claim to act on behalf of. Some of these folks are activist, some are hackers, some are teenagers who do stupid things and then end up in jail. Anonymous isn't a group, its simply a name. Anyone can claim to be it and have just as much validating in saying so as anyone else :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!