PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your school uniform?

Circadia
31-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Obviously if you don't wear one don't comment 'I don't wear one blahblahblah' cause its ******* annoying :L
Anyway do you like your uniform? you can describe or post a picture if you like:')
This is mine:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9n03v4ZG71r191o2.jpg
i hate it
the jumper makes me look fat
and its really boring cause its red white and black:L

Matthew
31-08-2012, 08:46 PM
my yr 7-11 one was just a shirt+blazer with your house tie (mine was a maroony tie, it looked nice) and now for sixth form it changes over to a more formal suit. Mine's "charcoal grey" and underneath that you just wear whatever shirt (except stupid pattern ones, they can't be too colourful etc) and any tie.

I do quite like it, looks smart tbh

Mark
31-08-2012, 08:54 PM
I love my school uniform tbh, it makes everyone look extremely smart. It is also great the fact they're very strict with what you can wear e.g. white shirt, black trousers, black shoes (no white/colourful parts), ties RIGHT UP etc.
The 5th and 6th years have to wear blazers which again makes everyone look great.

lawrawrrr
31-08-2012, 08:58 PM
mine was grey skirt - white blouse (blue/white checks for yrs 7+8) - grey blazer. Don't have young pics of me but this is what i wore on the last day of term (where yr 13s dress in school uniform but ********)

it was horrible at the time but i really miss it now, having to decide what to wear all the time is hard!!

geo
31-08-2012, 09:32 PM
mine isn't very nice. :( it's a blue polo tshirt, blue or black trousers or blue or black skirt (although they hate black ones) and a blue jumper. navy blue btw. the jumpers are really horrible at first because of the material and we just look really weird and stuff. i'd prefer to have a smarter uniform than the one i've got.

Military-Calv
31-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I hate it. I get very sweaty in mine. We have to wear a blazer, T-Shirt, Jumper, and grey trousers and tie. I always get very itchy because of the material they use. I hate it.

Jordan
31-08-2012, 11:03 PM
My school uniform was

black trousers
white shirt
red jumper (yr's 7-10)
black jumper (yr 11)
prefect tie/or the usual tie that everyone wheres.

the prefect tie was a purply colour whereas the normal tie was a blue/black/white striped one and they actually looked nice.

---------------

The new uniform now which I'm glad I just missed out on wearing is a blazer and/or tank top.

New ties have been introduced too to help get competitiveness and awareness of who's in who between the 6 house colours we have all named after local places around Cornwall.

the 6 colours are

red
blue
green
yellow
purple
pink

you should of seen the pink ties with the red jumpers (ties were released earlier than the new uniform) absolutely horrid haha.

JerseySafety
01-09-2012, 01:16 AM
I like mine, it's blue shirt with white stripes, black/dark blue jumper, black shorts with white stripes and black socks with red at the top.

Goes really well together and the shirt is awesome ;)

orientalframe?
01-09-2012, 02:13 AM
my uniform was really strict, we HAD to wear a skirt (it's like a navy blue checked pattern) and weren't allowed trousers. navy blazer, white blouse and a navy v-neck sweater. guys had to wear like black trousers, white shirt, the school tie (which is navy with like yellow things on) and a navy blazer. it was seriously so strict but it looked really smart :)

Eric
01-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Mine is white shirt and olive green trousers with a tie. I used to wear white trousers when i was a librarian but i've resigned so yea. I think my school uniform is great even though i dont really like the colour of my trousers.

Aiden
01-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Mines nasty. a BLAZER, then JUMPER, then a SHIRT. SO HOT.

CrazyLemurs
01-09-2012, 08:46 AM
for
Anywhere below 6th form, everybody wears the exact same (allboys, you see).
We have usual shirt and trousers, but we specifically MUST have black socks and black school shoes, not like anybody SEES the socks...
Usual blazer, plain black, but if you dont buy one from the school you have to buy a felt copy of the crest and sew it on the the topleft pocket.
Has to be on it, and has to be there exactly.
That's what you get for a 430 year old school.
Our school song is still in latin, it was written in like 1890

Then our ties are odd.
They are a deep blue background, with golden stripes running diagonally across it
Then, when you tie the tie correctly, you have a picture of the school's crest with a different-coloured stripe beneath it.
The different colour is your house colour; mine is green.

I don't like it loads, but I manage because if you dont you get an afterschool detention yey

Chris
01-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Mine wasn't that bad really. It was just black trousers, white shirt, black jumper (Optional), blazer and a tie which was blue, yellow and red.

Ekelektra
01-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I wear a dark blue skirt with navy tights, and a white shirt if you're in VCE (year 11/12, last two years) or light blue if you're in year 7-10.

That's alright only thing is the white shirts. There's two designs one that is a bit older, and I don't know if it happens with the newer design but the older one is a little see through, so if you wear a really dark coloured bra you can see it, and then if it rains it goes more see through :rolleyes:

But usually it's not a problem. I always wear the jumper anyway which is a dark navy.

And then in the summer we have a dress which doesn't really suit anyone and a lot of people say it looks like you're wearing a sack.

We also have a tie which only the people who want to look cool wear, as you don't have to. And we have a blazer but in the six years I've been at my school I've seen probably 5 people wear it.

Matthew
01-09-2012, 12:05 PM
for
Anywhere below 6th form, everybody wears the exact same (allboys, you see).
We have usual shirt and trousers, but we specifically MUST have black socks and black school shoes, not like anybody SEES the socks...
Usual blazer, plain black, but if you dont buy one from the school you have to buy a felt copy of the crest and sew it on the the topleft pocket.
Has to be on it, and has to be there exactly.
That's what you get for a 430 year old school.
Our school song is still in latin, it was written in like 1890

Then our ties are odd.
They are a deep blue background, with golden stripes running diagonally across it
Then, when you tie the tie correctly, you have a picture of the school's crest with a different-coloured stripe beneath it.
The different colour is your house colour; mine is green.

I don't like it loads, but I manage because if you dont you get an afterschool detention yey

Yeah my schools like 150 years old and although it means the school building looks really nice, it does mean the school has some more strict and 'old fashioned' rules. Like with the uniform the teachers are really strict, top button HAS to be done up, tie right to the top etc and although its really annoying sometimes it does make everyone look smart!

Rules are relaxed slightly with what you can wear for sixth form but you still have to look smart etc.

Oh and while i'm talking about how the school looks here it is (excuse the daily mail thing its from the school website and was the best picture of the school really):

http://i47.tinypic.com/33c1au0.png

CrazyLemurs
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Matts;
LOL you're lucky.
3x the age means 3x the ugly, apparently.
Ivy is on practically every wall, and some roofs are missing tiles.
Dont even want to use the toilet because the toilets are ugly too LMAO

David
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM
not in school anymore but i did like mines actually, i like dressing smartly.

white shirt, black trousers, dark navy blue tie with very thin white stripes with the school logo and dress shoes.
no blazers or **** like that.
gr8.

LuciieOx
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Navy jumper with school logo (many girls just buy ones from zara without logo),
white shirt and tie or just a blouse,
black, navy or natural colour tights w/out patterns,
pleated, knee length, navy skirt(most people buy straight mini ones).

i kinda like it because nobody really follows the rules so you can wear whatever as long as it looks fairly formal and most of the teachers don't care, as long as you pay attention in class. Only occasionally the odd teacher will pick on you for it.

My school is strict on uniform, but so many people break the rules, its hard to punish everyone? Most of your schools seem so formal, do/did people ever really break the uniform rules?

Absently
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
my uniform was a brightish light blue jumper (which ripped so easily :rolleyes:), a white shirt, we had a tie but wasn't compulsory and we could either wear a skirt (which was really just a kilt) or some navy trousers with lil blue lines down them. if we were to wear the trousers we couldn't have colourful socks under them, had to be black or navy :P

i thought it was okay, just annoying having to buy a new jumper every year 'cos it faded or ripped on the sleeves.

MKR&*42
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Ours was basic really...

Trousers or a sensible length skirt (for women...), but the long skirt thing was never followed lmao.
White polo shirt or black polo shirt (yr 7-9) which became either white with a black strip around the collar in year 10-11, or black with a white strip.
Black sweatshirt which was optional

No ties, no blazers, no insanely strict policy. Brilliant school I went to ;l

--

Oh, and it was "alright" I suppose. Much less fuss to get changed into it really...

Matthew
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Navy jumper with school logo (many girls just buy ones from zara without logo),
white shirt and tie or just a blouse,
black, navy or natural colour tights w/out patterns,
pleated, knee length, navy skirt(most people buy straight mini ones).

i kinda like it because nobody really follows the rules so you can wear whatever as long as it looks fairly formal and most of the teachers don't care, as long as you pay attention in class. Only occasionally the odd teacher will pick on you for it.

My school is strict on uniform, but so many people break the rules, its hard to punish everyone? Most of your schools seem so formal, do/did people ever really break the uniform rules?

nah people don't break the uniform rules at my school :P

Sloths
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
See if I can find a photooo
Okay so ignore the crappy paint job on the faces this was like 2-3 years ago but my school uniform here was ugly as basically you could wear either tartan skirt or long grey trousers and a white shirt with either black leather lace up shoes or brown roman sandals..
I prefered my uniform back in yr 7-8 when I was in Uk with the green shirt, jumper, blazer, tie and grey skirt.. looked much better
Glad I can wear whatever now though yay for year 13 :P
http://i47.tinypic.com/iejjt2.png

Futz
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Mine used to be;

black blazer with school crest on it
black jumper (optional)
white shirt
blue & red striped tie
black trousers
black shoes but usually you could pass plimsoles/black converse off

It never really bothered me back then but I did used to wish we didn't have one, after going to college I'm thankful we had one since I've realised I have absolutely no clothes and it's hard to have enough to last a week ahah

garriet
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
mine is ok i suppose, not bad but not good.

we have to wear black trousers (or black skirt), black shoes (but they have to have a strap thing on them for girls, they check your shoes as soon as you walk in the door), white blouse thing for year 11s and blue for the years below, some jumper tank top thing (idk what it is really) that you wear over the blouse, and then a blazer over that

its quite strict like we have to ask to take our blazers off and stuff

SackRace
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Mines was good just simple black jumper, i always wore a hoody though! and black trousers but now cause its my last year i need to wear a blazer ffs lol also black shoes not trainers. i wore black trainers coz hardcore uno

Red
02-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Yea it was really strict but I didn't mind it.
You could wear either tights/white socks and either a blazer or jumper (or both).
Oh and we had houses so your tie was mainly red and navy but then had a thin stripe of the colour of your house =]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/_pobodys_nerfect_/2d468de7.png

Cerys
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Nope.

It's like others really.

Black Blazer
Tie
Optional black jumper
White Shirt blouse thing
Black trousers/skirt
Black shoes. Not allowed pumps/converse or whatever.

It gets too hot though. You can't take blazers off unless it goes over a certain temp. The only good thing really, is that it's a clip on tie. hehe :3
Makes you look fat :l

Sian
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
didn't particularly like the maroon jumper, but the rest was ok (grey trousers/skirt and a white polo shirt) shouldn't complain because I didn't have to wear a tie or blazer.

A4R0N
02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
mine was grey skirt - white blouse (blue/white checks for yrs 7+8) - grey blazer. Don't have young pics of me but this is what i wore on the last day of term (where yr 13s dress in school uniform but ********)

http://icap.me/i/W3x3GzXhMq.png

it was horrible at the time but i really miss it now, having to decide what to wear all the time is hard!!

lookin hot lora m8

Shar
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I used hate mine the colours were horrible but it was comfortable

Mat7
03-09-2012, 10:41 PM
I had to wear a black blazer, white shirt, striped red tie, black trousers, and black socks. Thank goodness those days are over. Hated them.

efq
05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
My uniform is the same all uniformed public services wear :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!