PDA

View Full Version : Multimedia at salford.

iBlueBox
20-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm wanting to study Multimedia and Internet technology next year, been looking through Universities for ages now and I really want to go to Salford as I felt that would have the best connections as its actually taught in MediaCity UK.

I noticed the course was only 240 UCAS Points, I have 140 from AS worked out If I got at least three C's at A2 I would have 380 UCAS points overall.

Also I know this might not exactly happen when I apply next year but students joining the course this year, I think theres still more places as it open for Clearing.

So hopefully I'll have a really good chance.

shiver
20-09-2012, 10:59 PM
umm. three Cs at a-level is not 380 points, it is 240 points. a C at A2 is 80 points and they cancel AS out

in this case u can still enter and they'll probably give u an offer if it's only 240 points requirement

good luck hun.

iBlueBox
21-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Grade
Tariff points

GCE & AVCE Double Award
A level with additional AS (9 units)
GCE A level and AVCE
GCE AS Double Award
GCE AS & AS VCE

A*A*

A*A

AA

AB

BB
A*A

BC
AA

AB

CC

BB

CD
BC
A*

DD
CC
A
AA

CD

AB

DE

B
BB

DD

BC

EE
DE
C
CC

CD

EE
D
DD
A

DE
B

E
EE
C

D

E

Where does it say anywhere on UCAS that they council the AS points out?

MKR&*42
21-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm wanting to study Multimedia and Internet technology next year, been looking through Universities for ages now and I really want to go to Salford as I felt that would have the best connections as its actually taught in MediaCity UK.

I noticed the course was only 240 UCAS Points, I have 140 from AS worked out If I got at least three C's at A2 I would have 380 UCAS points overall.

Also I know this might not exactly happen when I apply next year but students joining the course this year, I think theres still more places as it open for Clearing.

So hopefully I'll have a really good chance.

Don't know much about uni yet (only just got to College) but I hope you do get all the UCAS points/grades you need <3 It seems like fun if you do manage to get onto the course. Least you have an idea what you'd like to do after college :P

Good luck for the year x

iBlueBox
21-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Don't know much about uni yet (only just got to College) but I hope you do get all the UCAS points/grades you need <3 It seems like fun if you do manage to get onto the course. Least you have an idea what you'd like to do after college :P

Good luck for the year x

Thanks a lot!
It's fun, exciting and rather scary about thinking to move to Uni.

shiver
22-09-2012, 01:14 PM
if you continue your AS subject onto A2 then the points cancel themselves out and you only get A2 equivalent, not both added together. hence why top unis (although unlikely cos they ask for grades rather than points) ask for 360 points, which is AAA at a-level. if you think you have 380 points (A2 level only) that means you're above oxford uni requirements... lol

iBlueBox
22-09-2012, 03:54 PM
if you continue your AS subject onto A2 then the points cancel themselves out and you only get A2 equivalent, not both added together. hence why top unis (although unlikely cos they ask for grades rather than points) ask for 360 points, which is AAA at a-level. if you think you have 380 points (A2 level only) that means you're above oxford uni requirements... lol

Salford accepts AS points anyway. :)

redtom
24-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Salford accepts AS points anyway. :)

The A level is a full qualification, an AS is just half of it. For example your Cs at AS are worth 40 points if you were to get a C at A level that then adds 40 more points to your total. The AS is a part of the A level and not an
addition it does not stack and is replaced. This is something you need to understand before you start applying to courses well out of your reach. If a uni advertises that they accept AS level points then they mean only if you do not have the A level in the same subject. Some high end uni's don't accept AS' at all.

AS' are part of A levels, they are not a separate qualification, once you have the A level your AS is gone/meaningless.

If you get all 3 c's you'll have got the minimum to get into your course at a total of 240 points.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!