PDA

View Full Version : got an interview!

Glen Coco
24-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Soooo I managed to get an interview at Pets At Home this Sunday.
I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had an interview / gotten the job and could give me advice on how to dress/ what happens at the interview? :)
It's a group interview and there's a team building bit so any advice would be appreciated anyway :D

FlyingJesus
24-09-2012, 07:28 PM
omf that would be such a good place to work except obv I'm allergic to everything so prob not a good choice for me but yeah that sort of job you just basically want to come across as mega friendly and an animal freak, if you have a certain animal that you're obsessed with mention that and they'll be like omf she won't kill them all or whatever and like don't wear a suit but don't go in hotpants and a hoody either, basically try to look good without overdressing because it's obv not an office job and you'll prob end up in jeans and a tshirt if you get it anyway so maybe NICE jeans if you got some and a cheeky blouse so you look like you have some semblance of professionalism even if you totes don't idk

I write words and words and words

Glen Coco
24-09-2012, 07:34 PM
haha i can tell!
I was thinking about a black skirt and a white top with leopard trim but I'm not sure if the skirt is too formal? I don't know! Or a dress with swallows on? omg i'm so stuck!
I have lots of animals so no worry about that about showing off!
Any general interview advice? I've never had an interview before D:

Lee
24-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Good luck, sounds like and interesting place to work. Just prepare for the questions so your not left speechless during the interview :) Sell yourself.

Johnathan
24-09-2012, 09:13 PM
YOU GO GLEN COCO... =]

Edited by GoldenMerc (Trialist Forum Moderator) - Please do not post pointlessly

Catchetat
24-09-2012, 09:22 PM
there's a documentary on bbc about how poor hygiene is for the pets that live there...

Glen Coco
26-09-2012, 07:45 PM
there's a documentary on bbc about how poor hygiene is for the pets that live there...

what's your point.... i'm only going for an interview???

Catchy
26-09-2012, 07:51 PM
group interview - make yourself stand out, listen to other people and share your opinions with the group. Make sure you actually take part in the discussions and don't just sit there like a lemon... MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR VOICE HEARD!! Ikr it's difficult if there's other people but that's what they like to see, be the first to volunteer if you have to do any group work or any activities. Make sure you listen to others though!! All about team work.

Glen Coco
27-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Eee im nervous!
I also just got an interview at Sainsburys Bakery on the 12th October !!

Glen Coco
30-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Just got back from the Pets at Home interview! It went well, i think. Loads of people turned up in jeans but i went in a black skirt and a nice top. Errrrm I got there early and we sat and had a chat. then when everyone got there the manager talked through stuff like qualifications you can get, wages, what you'll do, the actual job, stuff like that. then we go i to groups and built a hamster cage which was fun :P we then had individual interviews where we got asked what wed do in different situations. Then we just walked round the store and the manager explained different things. I really hope i get it :), I tried to talk quite a bit, be happy and smiley and make them laugh.

Glen Coco
07-10-2012, 04:52 PM
I know no-one's replied but thought I should keep this updated.
I got a second interview! Got it on Wednesday!

AlexJRiley
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
You go Glen Coco!

wixard
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
congrats! second interview you've basically almost got it in the bag
well at least in some cases.... glares at h&m

Glen Coco
07-10-2012, 05:56 PM
congrats! second interview you've basically almost got it in the bag
well at least in some cases.... glares at h&m

i hope so! it depends how many people got a second interview though. there were 13 people there for 1 job!
what happened with h&m?? :O

Ellz
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
congrats, i had an interview the other day and i'm going for a trial tomorrow :}

Glen Coco
07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
congrats, i had an interview the other day and i'm going for a trial tomorrow :}

Ooooh, at pets at home or somewhere else?

wixard
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
i hope so! it depends how many people got a second interview though. there were 13 people there for 1 job!
what happened with h&m?? :O

ah right, good luck i'm sure you'll do great from what i've seen you love animals

oh they called me for a 2nd interview with 3 other girls and there was only one place, made us work for 3 hours then i didn't get it :(

Glen Coco
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
ah right, good luck i'm sure you'll do great from what i've seen you love animals

oh they called me for a 2nd interview with 3 other girls and there was only one place, made us work for 3 hours then i didn't get it :(
thanks! i hope i get it :)
did they pay you for wasting 3 hours of your time!?!

Ellz
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Ooooh, at pets at home or somewhere else?

nah somewhere else haha, i hope all goes well with your second interview :)

Glen Coco
07-10-2012, 06:46 PM
nah somewhere else haha, i hope all goes well with your second interview :)

aw good luck with that anyway! :)
Thank you!

The Don
07-10-2012, 07:32 PM
good luck!!

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Can't really give you any advise, but good luck.

Glen Coco
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
thank you!
I'm excited. emailed them today so I seem keen! I'm not very good at thinking on the spot so it'll be fun :P

Glen Coco
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I think it went well! eeeee!

Glen Coco
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
didnt get it :(

Amberr
12-10-2012, 06:45 PM
awwwwwww sorry to hear that :(

Catchy
12-10-2012, 11:06 PM
keep tryin something always comes up eventually!

sex
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
aww shame to hear!! you made it so far so you should defo apply for something else!!

wixard
12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
dw keep appyling i didn't get my h&m second interview, then i got my stupid petrol station job back, and today GAP called me to set up an interview for thursday.

if you try you will SUCEED

Glen Coco
13-10-2012, 07:32 AM
aww i thought it went so well though :(
theres literally like no jobs going where i live atm, looked everywhere.
atm i only get paid £100 a month, and £40 of that goes on my horse. :( i really wanted something before christmas

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!