PDA

View Full Version : Open Evening

CrazyLemurs
09-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Heyheyhey

My school's open evening for prospective students & parents is 2 weeks Thursday (25th, I believe) and oddly, our year was sent a letter regarding helping out.
In YR7-8, it's mandatory to come, whether you guide tours or work in a department (I chose Latin for both of those years, rather than do tours).
After that, it's optional, and I chose not to go last year as it is from 4pm-8pm which is a significant part of one's evening.
However, I think I want to help out this year but I'm stumped as to what. I'm not allowed to lead tours as I'm too far along in the school, so if I do help, it will be in a department.
I only do really well in:
Maths
Latin
French
Computing
IT
Business

I dont know what to pick, though.
Quite a lot of my year are already signing up for Computing & IT (both held in the same room) and I think Maths will be really popular too as the entire year does it.
I'm not sure exactly where to go, but I think Latin would most require my help as only 2 YR7-8 and 1 Yr9-11 classes (7 in total) learn it and in previous years there have only been 4-5 people in the room (Classical Civilisations students included too).

Please help me on what to pick to help out in :)

lawrawrrr
09-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Pick what you know most about, not only curriculum-wise but teacher and school-wise so you can help the kids!!

CrazyLemurs
10-10-2012, 06:04 AM
LOL sorry about asking you on Skype. I didnt make this because you didnt reply, just cos I think I need multiple opinions

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

lawrawrrr
10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
It's okay!! I wasn't in the state to reply really ;)

Have you chosen a department yet? I always went to music because I loved the teachers and it was always so much fun!!

CrazyLemurs
10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Well we have until next friday to express interest.
I've got a friend who is also going to Latin so I think it's a good idea to have a friend to talk to when nobody is coming in.
This year I'll be one of the oldest in there so I'd be of much more use
I dont really like many teachers overly much so that wont affect it loads xD

I havent picked yet though

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!