PDA

View Full Version : From Freelance to Working for a company

DeejayMachoo
11-11-2012, 01:52 PM
So for year's I've been a Freelance Web Developer and I'm about to make a big leap into the real world I feel. I've been bringing home between £500 and £900 a month sometimes more sometimes less.

But last Wednesday I went for an interview as a Senior PHP Developer setup by a IT Recruitment agency. I was thinking there is no way I'm going to get the job. I have no qualifications in Web Development and I don't have the best track record with jobs but I went for the interview and I was offered the job on the spot.

I'm a little disappointed with the contract of employment as it states I can't do any freelance web development whilst working for the company :( but meh.

I think it will be so hard working for a company because at the moment I enjoy chilling with my music while I code or watching iPlayer in the corner but I suppose I'll get used to it :).

And I'm sure my salary will help :)

But I start tomorrow morning and I'm actually starting to brick it now :s

Kieran
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd always pictured working for a web development company as being pretty laid back, being able to listen to music as you do it?

DeejayMachoo
11-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I'd always pictured working for a web development company as being pretty laid back, being able to listen to music as you do it?

We'll I'm hoping it is I'm not sure because when i went for my interview it seamed it but then on my contract it says:

"Devote Full Time to the Company
Your must devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during the hours of work for the Company to your duties for the Company and may not in any circumstances, whether directly or indirectly, undertake any other duty's of whatever kind during your hours of work for the Company "

but the nicest part of the contract is :D:D:D

"Pay:
Your salary is £30,000 per year, payable monthly on the 28th of each month in arrears by bank transfer If the 28th falls on a weekend, the payment will be on the nearest working day before"

Kieran
11-11-2012, 03:07 PM
All contracts have things like that in it though. Fairly certain my contract doesn't say I can use my iPad whilst I fly.. still do it :P

DeejayMachoo
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM
All contracts have things like that in it though. Fairly certain my contract doesn't say I can use my iPad whilst I fly.. still do it :P

I'm pretty sure if was facebook I would have liked your post :)

Grimmauld
16-11-2012, 01:07 AM
wooow grats. i hope everything goes well and maybe later youll be promoted to a higher rank with an even better salary :D

Zak
20-11-2012, 09:08 PM
So for year's I've been a Freelance Web Developer and I'm about to make a big leap into the real world I feel. I've been bringing home between £500 and £900 a month sometimes more sometimes less.

But last Wednesday I went for an interview as a Senior PHP Developer setup by a IT Recruitment agency. I was thinking there is no way I'm going to get the job. I have no qualifications in Web Development and I don't have the best track record with jobs but I went for the interview and I was offered the job on the spot.

I'm a little disappointed with the contract of employment as it states I can't do any freelance web development whilst working for the company :( but meh.

I think it will be so hard working for a company because at the moment I enjoy chilling with my music while I code or watching iPlayer in the corner but I suppose I'll get used to it :).

And I'm sure my salary will help :)

But I start tomorrow morning and I'm actually starting to brick it now :s

You'd be surprised how desperate companies are for PHP developers. :)

Don't worry about it! All contracts have to be official and sound mean :P mine sounds awful xD..

I'm not supposed to have multiple jobs for either job but neither really mind in reality. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!