PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Question Time with the General Manager

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:40 AM
http://www.habboxwiki.com/wiki/images/6/62/Mattg.gif

I got this idea from a spam thread that I took part in this evening. Not sure if it will be used or not but worth a shot eh? I mean you could ask me these questions any time anywhere but why not ask me in a thread and if other people have a similar question then they know what the answer is.

If you have a question for me or Bertie (Dave told me to put that) which is some what related to Habbox then post them in this thread. I will reply back to all of them but don't expect replies within 1 minute of you posting the question.

Fire away really.

David
15-11-2012, 12:41 AM
can i get the vip you owe me from SOTM (A)?!

Foregetfuhl
15-11-2012, 12:42 AM
why are you so lazy... ? ;)

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:43 AM
can i get the vip you owe me from SOTM (A)?!

Are you sure that I still owe you VIP? I am pretty sure I sorted that out.

why are you so lazy... ? ;)

I wouldn't say lazy. But I am not doing other peoples jobs for you due to you being impatient :P.

David
15-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Are you sure that I still owe you VIP? I am pretty sure I sorted that out.

I was never told about it :(

Foregetfuhl
15-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't say lazy. But I am not doing other peoples jobs for you due to you being impatient :P.

So in other words.. lazy ;) Least I admit to it my dear Matt Garner!

But fo' realsies can Bertie come stay with me for a bit ;)

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:49 AM
I was never told about it :(

Hmmm.

So in other words.. lazy ;) Least I admit to it my dear Matt Garner!

But fo' realsies can Bertie come stay with me for a bit ;)

Let's think about this one through. If you and other users started coming to me about anything they wanted doing at Habbox and I did it there and then. We may as well not have anyone else working for us! :P

Bertie can't have holidays at the moment due to the busy schedule he has with his lady friend.

David
15-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Hmmm.

month for the trouble ;)?

how wide is the new forum skin? chris/tom didnt answer me in spam :(

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:51 AM
month for the trouble ;)?

how wide is the new forum skin? chris/tom didnt answer me in spam :(

Which skin do you like at the moment in terms of wideness?

David
15-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Which skin do you like at the moment in terms of wideness?

site skin 2010 is quite nice, since i use left post bit
the image resizing for one, isn't very useful on other skins due to being thin

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:54 AM
site skin 2010 is quite nice, since i use left post bit
the image resizing for one, isn't very useful on other skins due to being thin

Not as wide, bit shorter but isn't short short like SS 2011. I'm currently using it now, should be out in the next day or two. Just need to get some stuff polished up.

Foregetfuhl
15-11-2012, 12:56 AM
HANG ON WOAH since when did Bertie have a lady friend?!?

David
15-11-2012, 12:56 AM
HANG ON WOAH since when did Bertie have a lady friend?!?

matt g likes to dress up at the weekend, high heels and such

Foregetfuhl
15-11-2012, 01:00 AM
matt g likes to dress up at the weekend, high heels and such

I can't get this image out of my head now.. Matt dressed in red heels and slinky black dress with red lipstick and big eyelashes.. oh god.. o.o NIGHTMARES TONIGHT

Calvin
15-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Do you have Habbox on your CV?

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Do you have Habbox on your CV?

The name "Habbox" or "General Manager" isn't specifically mentioned but it's some what on there.

lawrawrrr
15-11-2012, 01:43 AM
THANKS FOR THAT IMAGE GUYS :lllllllllllllllllllllllll

Question: Why did AGM content get removed, and can you function just as well as a general management team without one?

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 02:05 AM
THANKS FOR THAT IMAGE GUYS :lllllllllllllllllllllllll

Question: Why did AGM content get removed, and can you function just as well as a general management team without one?

Good job I don't do what they say then isn't it? :P

On to your question which is a good one. AGM Content was pretty much replaced with AGM Development when Joe decided to resign those years ago. The Content AGM role was in-charge of the following:

News department (and their managers)
Content department
Graphics department (and their managers)
Maintaining the site and aiming to help deliver effective information to our visitors.
Help improving the layout and design of the website.
Ensuring the 'Content' on the Habbox.com website is fresh/modern and with the latest information we are able to provide. (Including images)

The only difference between the Development AGM and Content AGM at the time is that the "Ensuring Content on Habbox.com is fresh" was dropped and was changed to ensure technical aspects are up to date and working. The Content AGM was also pretty much the Content Manager until we got a manager into that as I believe we had Calvin and maybe someone else when Alkaz was around. So you could say it got replaced but we then made sure the "Fresh/modern" content was part of the Content Manager and not an AGM.

Can we function well without one?

I feel that is hard to answer because I can see why it wouldn't be an issue without having one but then I can also see a benefit in having that role still around. I remember Alkaz doing a hell of a lot content work and made sure the information on the Habbox site was fresh but also updated. As we know recently that has become a bit of a problem and I do believe it is starting to improve. If we still had that role then it probably wouldn't be an issue.

Departments are now pretty much spilt between me and Community Mike as you know which could be a bit of an issue at times. As I am then expected to make sure specific departments are doing this that and another, also making sure other departments are as well as I would like to know ALL of them are instead of a set amount and then do everything else. I don't mind doing that personally and not saying "Omg I have too much to do" as I've been doing it for the past god knows how long now. I think it would be probably wise to maybe having a 4th AGM or something that is specifically looking at content/development of Habbox.

I say development as you could put content under that really but we now have a group of Site Coders and it's most likely becoming more of a department. It would be wise to have a set person who managed them and has the knowledge to do that. It's something to think about for sure and see what we can do there.

Rozi
15-11-2012, 03:42 AM
What does agm actually stand for
All I keep thinking is annual general manager which obvs ain't right

auffant1
15-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Will you sell me Bertie?

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 10:50 AM
What does agm actually stand for
All I keep thinking is annual general manager which obvs ain't right

AGM stands for Assistant General Manager

Will you sell me Bertie?

Bertie isn't for sale!

Matt
15-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Why is your picture a panda plz.

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Why is your picture a panda plz.

Because they are cute animals and eat bamboo. There is another reason but those will do for now :P

Jack!
15-11-2012, 12:15 PM
How does anyone actually know this Bertie fellow? He just seems to of waltzed in and taken over, he could do anything :naughty:

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:21 PM
How does anyone actually know this Bertie fellow? He just seems to of waltzed in and taken over, he could do anything :naughty:

Good question. He just appeared one day at the Habbox Offices and now we can't get rid of the guy! Here is some quotes from our members/staff about him:

"I think too much power has been delegated to Bertie. I mean we barely know the guy and he has almost complete control!" ~ Mr Elliot

"That bertie guy's a bloody nightmare!" ~ David

"I am going to find Bertie and hold him hostage. Then I am going to melt him with a very hot object." ~ Bolt660

Inseriousity.
15-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm hijacking the thread to say yes we can manage without a content agm.

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm hijacking the thread to say yes we can manage without a content agm.

Reported.

A13. Do not hijack other users threads ~ It is not allowed to hijack other users threads. Especially ones they have created where they answer the user's questions.

lawrawrrr
15-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I only brought that up because I know how much work Matt does and I don't think it's fair to put that much pressure on one person, with only one other person helping him (technically it's two but Matt's admitted it's only one).

Inseriousity.
15-11-2012, 01:02 PM
If matt thinks its too much work, there's a staff agm that could easily do (and actually wants to, despite public perspective) more of an active role rather than the behind the scenes work that he currently does. I don't think there's a need to hire another person. The way departments are run now - agms acting as observers and helpful guides when mgmt require some assistance rather than bureaucratic middle management dictatorships - I'd find it silly to add more.

lawrawrrr
15-11-2012, 01:10 PM
That's not what I'm (and a lot of other people are) led to believe. I don't think that the management team as a whole are doing the best job at the moment (no offense) - whether people agree or not is up to them - and I was wondering if it was because of that.

Inseriousity.
15-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes I understand and it was a good question, I was just merely adding an alternative answer (hence the hijack comment) to the '4th member of general management' debate.

Jazz
15-11-2012, 02:21 PM
wheres the rest of berties body?

GoldenMerc
15-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Would your child become AGM?

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 03:37 PM
wheres the rest of berties body?

He doesn't have one!

Would your child become AGM?

I don't think I am having a child any time soon. In terms of children in the future, I also don't believe Habbo/Habbox will still be around then.

GoldenMerc
15-11-2012, 03:39 PM
He doesn't have one!

I don't think I am having a child any time soon. In terms of children in the future, I also don't believe Habbo/Habbox will still be around then.
that wasnt a proper answer ;/;/

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2012, 03:42 PM
that wasnt a proper answer ;/;/

He/she would have to prove themselves they are worthy of having such a role at Habbox by doing a number of set tasks in the Habbox Forest.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!