PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea sack RDM

Matthew
21-11-2012, 10:46 AM
"The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8264374/Chelsea-sack-manager-Roberto-Di-Matteo-after-poor-run-of-form

Can understand why he was sacked (given how stubborn roman is and stuff) but still its so disappointing. When will roman learn that stability is key?

With city and the club world cup coming up soon, now is NOT the time for change.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8NurNACAAADcH2.jpg:large

David
21-11-2012, 12:17 PM
i think it was coming at some point, rumours were growing thicker that pep guardiola was on the cards as next manager, last month.

Matthew
21-11-2012, 12:20 PM
yeah it was always gonna come.

some quotes from another site:

I think that RDM's appointment was never going to be long term, Abramovic wanted someone to come in and play attractive football hence they employment of AVB, however I think when he sacked AVB he put RDM in charge expecting just to let him go at the end of the season with a pat on the back if they scraped 4th place.

However having won the champions league he couldn't do that. I think RDM was doomed from the start but winning the CL/FA Cup just prolonged his time there.

Roman didn't want RDM to take over in the summer, but after winning the CL and FA cup, roman justcould not do anything other than give him the job. RDM was doomed from the start, which is a shame because every chelsea fan loved him to bits and I think he definitely had the respect of the players.

Ah well. I'm used to new managers by now- and I'll never forget when I woke up, put SSN on, and to my surprise found that Mourinho had been sacked. If only I knew what was to come..

Attached
21-11-2012, 12:22 PM
When you put as much money into a team as he has and then watch them play Juventus and get outclassed and basically reduced to counter attacking, you can understand why he is pissed. However, I could only accepted him sacking Bobby if he'd signed a striker and centre half as well, two areas where they are clearly lacking, and still been let down. Cavani/ Falcao/ Hulk were crying out to get signed all summer and Chelsea need something up top and Luiz/ Cahill are nowhere near as good as Terry, and Terry is no longer reliable (injury problems, bans, etc). I never though RDM was a long term solution though and I don't think Redknapp or Benitez are a solution either. Can't see Chelsea ever having the sort of stability United and Arsenal have while Abramovich uses the team as his toy.

David
21-11-2012, 12:24 PM
to the mourinho part - i reckon that was a big mistake to sack him, but he's now at madrid so hehe *+*+

Matthew
21-11-2012, 12:30 PM
to the mourinho part - i reckon that was a big mistake to sack him, but he's now at madrid so hehe *+*+

but for how much longer? ;)

David
21-11-2012, 12:32 PM
but for how much longer? ;)

FOREVER
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8r6bw84Hn1rncc42o1_400.jpg

nah his contract ends in 2016, at least until then hopefully!

Matthew
21-11-2012, 12:36 PM
FOREVER
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8r6bw84Hn1rncc42o1_400.jpg

nah his contract ends in 2016, at least until then hopefully!

lol'd at the image

but yeah supposedly mourinho is unhappy at real atm isn't he? :S

David
21-11-2012, 12:42 PM
lol'd at the image

but yeah supposedly mourinho is unhappy at real atm isn't he? :S

nothing he's confirmed personally afaik

Matthew
21-11-2012, 12:42 PM
nothing he's confirmed personally afaik
yeah

i'd love him back at chelsea though ;)

David
21-11-2012, 12:47 PM
yeah

i'd love him back at chelsea though ;)

Pep will have to do!

RyRy
21-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm surprised that it's happened considering he was doing so well, but I'm even more surprised that they're considering Rafael Benitez for the job. God help.

Matthew
21-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm surprised that it's happened considering he was doing so well, but I'm even more surprised that they're considering Rafael Benitez for the job. God help.

only on a temp basis (unless of course pep will cut his break short)

I dont want rafa but he may well be able to get the best out of torres, who knows.

Also RDM did well but his win % was actually pretty poor, especially recently :s

Ardemax
21-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Roman Abramovich is a massive tool.

If a manager wins you the Champions League for the first time in the club's history and in his first season, you're pretty much set.

FlyingJesus
21-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Utterly ridiculous, and Rafa has just been confirmed as his replacement. Starting to think Abramovich doesn't want to win anything any more

Lee
22-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Glad to see Rafa back in the prem!

Matthew
22-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Utterly ridiculous, and Rafa has just been confirmed as his replacement. Starting to think Abramovich doesn't want to win anything any more

I'm sure that's not the case haha

Although if rafa will be good for anything it could be torres!

FlyingJesus
22-11-2012, 10:15 PM
More likely he'll have a heart attack thinking "oh bobba not him again"

Back to a C-average top 4 team we go I guess

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!