PDA

View Full Version : Packed Lunch - Ends 7th December

Samantha
27-11-2012, 11:27 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/Keyboard/Packed+Lunch

Whenever I work I find myself wandering to McDonald's each time due to no other food shop being near; when working at my old store I had the option of Subway and Greggs too but now that's out of the picture. I've noticed a few people bring packed lunches to work and it gave me an idea. For this competition I want you to tell me things I could put in my packed lunch that will keep me going until I finish!

The best will win.

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

God
02-12-2012, 02:30 AM
A few of the great lunches my mom makes for me everyday for school :D all of them are yummy

1. Cheese Quesadillas
Sprinkle 2 ounces shredded part-skim cheddar cheese on a fat-free whole-wheat tortilla. Add peppers, tomatoes and/or mushrooms, if desired. Drizzle with salsa. Fold and brown in a nonstick skillet until cheese melts. Serve with melon slices.
2. Baked Spaghetti
Spread cooked whole-wheat angel hair pasta into a sheet pan. Top with one jar of Classico Tomato Basil Sauce and sprinkle with one pound of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes on 375 degrees. One serving is index card size (about 3"x5"). Freeze the remaining servings for up to 6 weeks. Serve with "Salad in a Bag" with low-fat vinaigrette dressing.
3. Vegetable Tortilla Pizza
Brush a large whole-wheat flour tortilla with Classico's Tomato Basil Sauce and top with chopped veggies of choice. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella. Bake until lightly brown and crisp (about 5 minutes on 450 degrees). Serve with baby carrots.
4. Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Grill a marinated chicken breast (you can grab one from your freezer!). Serve on a whole-grain bun with lettuce, tomato, salsa or Dijon mustard. Add a side of fresh fruit.
5. Turkey and White Bean Soup
Add pre-cooked smoked turkey breast to chicken stock, tomato and Cannellini Beans. Serve with raw veggies and fresh fruit.
6. Quick Taco Salad
Rinse off canned black beans. Season with Creole seasoning and sprinkle shredded part-skim cheddar cheese. Heat and serve over mixed greens. Top with crumbled baked Tostitos and salsa. Serve with sliced oranges.
7. Even Quicker Greek Salad
Top mixed greens (from a bag!) with crumbled feta cheese, shredded Boars Head turkey or ham, and drizzle with low-fat vinaigrette dressing. Serve with toasted petite whole-wheat pita and a piece of fruit.
8. Cheese Baked Potato
Microwave potato for four minutes. Cut in two and top both halves with cooked broccoli florets and Laughing Cow cheese wedges (2 per potato) or other part-skim milk or soy cheese. Microwave until cheese melts. Top with nonfat sour cream. Serve with salad and low-fat vinaigrette dressing.
9. Turkey Tortilla Roll
Spread a whole-wheat flour tortilla with Dijon mustard. Top with sliced Boars Head turkey, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and shredded part-skimmed cheddar cheese. Roll up burrito-style and serve with seasonal berries.
10. Tuna or Salmon Salad Pita
Mix 1 small can of water-packed salmon or tuna with 1 tablespoon lite mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, chopped red pepper, 1/2 diced apple, and salt and pepper to taste. Stuff into whole- wheat pita lined with lettuce leaves. Serve with remaining sliced apple.

Cassiieee
02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
A few of the great lunches my mom makes for me everyday for school :D all of them are yummy

1. Cheese Quesadillas
Sprinkle 2 ounces shredded part-skim cheddar cheese on a fat-free whole-wheat tortilla. Add peppers, tomatoes and/or mushrooms, if desired. Drizzle with salsa. Fold and brown in a nonstick skillet until cheese melts. Serve with melon slices.
2. Baked Spaghetti
Spread cooked whole-wheat angel hair pasta into a sheet pan. Top with one jar of Classico Tomato Basil Sauce and sprinkle with one pound of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes on 375 degrees. One serving is index card size (about 3"x5"). Freeze the remaining servings for up to 6 weeks. Serve with "Salad in a Bag" with low-fat vinaigrette dressing.
Brush a large whole-wheat flour tortilla with Classico's Tomato Basil Sauce and top with chopped veggies of choice. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella. Bake until lightly brown and crisp (about 5 minutes on 450 degrees). Serve with baby carrots.
Grill a marinated chicken breast (you can grab one from your freezer!). Serve on a whole-grain bun with lettuce, tomato, salsa or Dijon mustard. Add a side of fresh fruit.
Add pre-cooked smoked turkey breast to chicken stock, tomato and Cannellini Beans. Serve with raw veggies and fresh fruit.
6. Quick Taco Salad
Rinse off canned black beans. Season with Creole seasoning and sprinkle shredded part-skim cheddar cheese. Heat and serve over mixed greens. Top with crumbled baked Tostitos and salsa. Serve with sliced oranges.
Top mixed greens (from a bag!) with crumbled feta cheese, shredded Boars Head turkey or ham, and drizzle with low-fat vinaigrette dressing. Serve with toasted petite whole-wheat pita and a piece of fruit.
8. Cheese Baked Potato
Microwave potato for four minutes. Cut in two and top both halves with cooked broccoli florets and Laughing Cow cheese wedges (2 per potato) or other part-skim milk or soy cheese. Microwave until cheese melts. Top with nonfat sour cream. Serve with salad and low-fat vinaigrette dressing.
9. Turkey Tortilla Roll
Spread a whole-wheat flour tortilla with Dijon mustard. Top with sliced Boars Head turkey, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and shredded part-skimmed cheddar cheese. Roll up burrito-style and serve with seasonal berries.
Mix 1 small can of water-packed salmon or tuna with 1 tablespoon lite mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, chopped red pepper, 1/2 diced apple, and salt and pepper to taste. Stuff into whole- wheat pita lined with lettuce leaves. Serve with remaining sliced apple.

Can't compeat with that. xD

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not comment in the comps forum!

lawrawrrr
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
A cheesestring!

BreakfastBacon
02-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Enchiladas are great. Definitley not my fav mexican food (i love mexican) but they're really filling and not that fatty.
If that doesn't work for you you should try making your own subs use veg and meat from your fridge it is usually really tasty!

HINT: never NEVER put salami with mayo

Froggydoo
02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
BBQ Chicken & Cheese Wrap
Boiled Egg
Red Leicester Cheese
Dr Pepper
Frube
Ready Salted Crisp
Galaxy Bar

David
02-12-2012, 09:47 PM
water bottle - had to be said

get a lunchables???!

Martin
02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
A tesco value carrot

Grig
02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
minced beef with pasta or rice and some baby tomatoes, sprincled with cheese, a pickled cucumber and some grilled carrots with choi sum.

Or some dumplings.

Andii
03-12-2012, 06:21 PM

1. Cheese Quesadillas
2. Baked Spaghetti
6. Quick Taco Salad
8. Cheese Baked Potato
9. Turkey Tortilla Roll

lol dont lie please you clearly copyied and pasted from a website lol

How about 4 sandwitches, packet of crisps 2 chocolate bars a piece of fruit and a drink =] sorted

Corina35
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Things to put in a packed lunch:

A Spicy Pepperoni Pizza with extra Jalapeno Peppers which will keep you going all day because you want to get rid of the spicy taste in your mouth, you do your job quickly as you are moving so fast.

Tunechix
03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Nutella is always an ption

xMolz
04-12-2012, 02:08 AM
A happy meal

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!