PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Xarea

Calvin
07-12-2012, 05:00 PM
http://habboxwiki.com/Xarae

his name is Xarea not Xarae.. I would do this but effort making an account, plus I don't know if regular users can edit titles?

sex
07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
i know i'm not one to criticise english, but some of the article on that wiki are so hard to read lol

lawrawrrr
07-12-2012, 05:11 PM
AFAIK titles can't be changed, new pages need to be made. If you don't like the content itself then nothing's stopping you from changing it!!

GoldenMerc
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
AFAIK titles can't be changed, new pages need to be made. If you don't like the content itself then nothing's stopping you from changing it!!

Pretty sure within database you can change titles

lawrawrrr
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Well none of us have database access, when I brought this up before with whippiechill i was told to make new pages :p

MKR&*42
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM

You have to use the "Move" button to move it to a new title. I've done it for you Calvin;

Calvin
07-12-2012, 05:19 PM
i know i'm not one to criticise english, but some of the article on that wiki are so hard to read lolHaha yeah true on some. Although I can't fault the guys creating them as it is voluntary. :)

AFAIK titles can't be changed, new pages need to be made. If you don't like the content itself then nothing's stopping you from changing it!!Yes but I'd need someone to update the page name so it's actually correct and can be found. Also, I believe the name Xarea in the content is taken from the title. :P

Cheers Intersocial;!

Kardan
07-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Just a general comment with this article, and pretty much the whole of the wiki, most of the things written are all opinions - which I'm pretty sure aren't the point of a wiki.

scottish
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, like from what I'm aware he was never well known at habbox, clubhabbo he was (and pretty sure he was only an owner, not a co-founder or whatever the article states).

Kardan
07-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, like from what I'm aware he was never well known at habbox, clubhabbo he was (and pretty sure he was only an owner, not a co-founder or whatever the article states).

I always had the impression that people disliked him on HxF.

scottish
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Also just looked at ex (asst) managers, DJ-3000 ain't on it?

sex
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Just a general comment with this article, and pretty much the whole of the wiki, most of the things written are all opinions - which I'm pretty sure aren't the point of a wiki.

This, it may aswell just be a bunch of articles about a lot of Habbo things, there is more opinion than fact lol

Kardan
07-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Half the things aren't on it.

Jibbi doesn't exist according to HabboxWiki.

scottish
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Lmao, suppose all staff now are like 2008+ mainly ;l

Chippiewill
07-12-2012, 07:01 PM
http://habboxwiki.com/Xarae

his name is Xarea not Xarae.. I would do this but effort making an account, plus I don't know if regular users can edit titles?
Can't edit titles but you can move pages to a different title. I thought I made it so normal users can move pages however I'll double check that.

How did you work on the wiki for however many months and firstly not notice and secondly me not notice you didn't notice :S

I don't think I would ever touch mediawiki from the database the architecture of it's pretty complex. Most of the stuff in the db is stored as encoded BLOBs so changing it there is a lot of effort to begin with.

As far as priorities are concerned, ensuring content is written in a suitable manner is one of our main priorities. Unfortunately we sometimes will not come across a page for a while so we cannot ensure every page is up to standard. For those reasons complaining about individual pages or a group of pages isn't too helpful, what is helpful is making the corrections yourself which you are now free todo with or without a Habbox Wiki account. Calling the entire wiki 'opinions' is a bit far, from my experience most pages are written to a good enough standard for Habbox use, maybe in places it could be better but we don't have anywhere near as many active editors per page as wikipedia does. Generally it's staff bios which get a bit subjective.

DJ-3000 does have a (empty) page and is listed in the hall of fame. There are a lot of ex habbox managers and keeping track of every page on every one of them is quite time consuming.

Half the things aren't on it.

Jibbi doesn't exist according to HabboxWiki.
As before there are a lot of ex managers, you are free to register and make pages which you think are appropriate. Most of the people added are people who were or are current managers, or are listed in the HoF or have Habbox Merit.

lawrawrrr
07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
How did you work on the wiki for however many months and firstly not notice and secondly me not notice you didn't notice :S

not notice what? the spelling? 'cos I wasn't working on ex managers ;)

GoldenMerc
07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
How many pages in percentage are actually done, I mean complete with content to this date.

Lee
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
i know i'm not one to criticise english, but some of the article on that wiki are so hard to read lol

Fix it then!

David
07-12-2012, 07:29 PM
How many pages in percentage are actually done, I mean complete with content to this date.

just used the random page feature, 2/10 pages had the under construction template, about 6 of the others had like 2-3 lines of content.

i'd say a not very high percentage.

Chippiewill
07-12-2012, 07:46 PM
just used the random page feature, 2/10 pages had the under construction template, about 6 of the others had like 2-3 lines of content.

i'd say a not very high percentage.

Mediawiki biases the random page feature with recently cached pages so it's fairly difficult to estimate like that. The number of pages with the construction template is around 200 - 250. The number of actually 'short' pages is 240 ish.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!