PDA

View Full Version : Ancient History

Zak
26-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey I just wondered if anyone else on this forum was interested in Ancient History.

I myself have studied ancient Egyptian history in some detail. I'm absolutely blown away by it and I want to learn more and more about it

I'm that crazy that I went to Egypt myself this year, just to see it first hand.

Me and Laura have setup a holiday system where we alternate historical holiday and relaxing holiday now. It's great.

You see I'm crazy. If you're big on ancient history please reply I don't want to feel alone :P Esp if it's Egyptian !!!

lawrawrrr
26-12-2012, 11:53 PM
I love Ancient History!!! I'm actually going to do a masters in it, although my passion is more Greek and Roman and more focused on the literature. I used to want to be an Egyptologist though! It's so interesting. I'd love to go too, lucky!

Samantha
27-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I think, likewise a bit to laura; I'm interested in more the history of language, usually that dating back to Romans, Saxons, Vikings, Normans etc. as at the back end of year 12 we worked on it for development in year 13. I do like history in general though and was going to swap that for Media but like I said I'm more in to the language of it :D. Nice plan on holidays btw :) x.

Red
27-12-2012, 01:35 AM
The Egyptians kickstarted my love for history! We studied them when I was like 8 and I used to read every book and watch any programme I could. I studied modern history at uni though ;p but I don't think my uni had any ancient history modules on the Egyptians anyway. It was all Greece/Rome.

Sian
27-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I was going to go do egyptology at uni, but opted for archaeology instead. So yeah, loveeeee ancient history, especially the egyptians. We don't ever really get to do them at uni though (we had one lecture where we looked at their body art, hair etc which was cool, but that's it!).

I don't like so much looking at them from the ancient history view point though :P. Love the greeks too, hate the romans.

IceNineKills
27-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I've been fond of greek mythology for some time if that counts?

Zak
27-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I love Ancient History!!! I'm actually going to do a masters in it, although my passion is more Greek and Roman and more focused on the literature. I used to want to be an Egyptologist though! It's so interesting. I'd love to go too, lucky!

I like Roman & Greek history.. I think Universities use those because of the huge amount of factual records about their civilisations. We understand Latin and Greek... not so much Hieroglyphs as they can be written backwards or even not in order :P My favourite Egyptologist is Bob Brier, if you ever see a documentary presented by him. Watch it! Hate Zahi Hawass though.. money hungry ****

I think, likewise a bit to @laura (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966); I'm interested in more the history of language, usually that dating back to Romans, Saxons, Vikings, Normans etc. as at the back end of year 12 we worked on it for development in year 13. I do like history in general though and was going to swap that for Media but like I said I'm more in to the language of it :D. Nice plan on holidays btw :) x.

So you're interested in the history of Britain more than anything?

The Egyptians kickstarted my love for history! We studied them when I was like 8 and I used to read every book and watch any programme I could. I studied modern history at uni though ;p but I don't think my uni had any ancient history modules on the Egyptians anyway. It was all Greece/Rome.

Modern history containing Greece and Rome? :P I thought it'd be more around the area of the Renaissance and such :P I'm doing some slides on Egypt atm, then present them on YouTube. Might post them on here as a TUT too. :]

I was going to go do egyptology at uni, but opted for archaeology instead. So yeah, loveeeee ancient history, especially the egyptians. We don't ever really get to do them at uni though (we had one lecture where we looked at their body art, hair etc which was cool, but that's it!).

I don't like so much looking at them from the ancient history view point though :P. Love the greeks too, hate the romans.

That's a shame, there is so much to learn. The more I learn the more I want to know more. What do you mean as to by an ancient history point of view?

I've been fond of greek mythology for some time if that counts?

Yeh! You should look into Egyptian mythology if you liked Greek mythology :D

Red
27-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Na thats the ancient history strand ;p There is a better variety of topics that can be done in modern history. I prefer early modern/american history and gender hehe.

Sian
27-12-2012, 01:31 PM
I just mean I like learning things from the artefacts, though the written documents from ancient egypt are artefacts in themselves, we've learnt a lot more from the artefacts and architecture and that's what I enjoy studying the most.

karter
27-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I like ancient history. I'm into asian history though - chinese, indian and mesopotamian

i know a little about egyptian

Eric
28-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I thought i was the only one here who loves Egyptian history, yeah i like it i've even thought of studying Egyptology

Zelda
30-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Personally I love ancient Greek Roman and Egyptian history, and studied them in quite large detail, even though I hate normal history ha ha. For me tho not something I would take to uni, statistics and organic chemistry more my thing.

zombies
30-12-2012, 01:34 AM
i find it quite interesting, i should research more into it though..

Euphoria
06-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I love ancient history. Been looking through different bits in depth for over 2 years now, I find it so interesting! Did a little on Egyptian as well, and actually next year myself and family will be travelling up there to check out the pyramids, which I am dead excited about!

Zak
17-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I love ancient history. Been looking through different bits in depth for over 2 years now, I find it so interesting! Did a little on Egyptian as well, and actually next year myself and family will be travelling up there to check out the pyramids, which I am dead excited about!

Try and go inside the Great Pyramid. You won't be disapointed.

Shar
17-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I have huge interest in ancient history. I particularly enjoy Egyptian and Greek - especially Greek mythology
I plan on going to Egypt in the future hopfully

Zak
17-01-2013, 09:18 PM
I have huge interest in ancient history. I particularly enjoy Egyptian and Greek - especially Greek mythology
I plan on going to Egypt in the future hopfully

Go, it's amazing.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/601404_4786005410890_1246645835_n.jpg

I have booked my next Holiday for June. I am going to Turkey. :)

Shar
18-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Go, it's amazing.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/601404_4786005410890_1246645835_n.jpg

I have booked my next Holiday for June. I am going to Turkey. :)
I plan to when I can afford it! Turkey is amazing went there last year

Zak
18-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I plan to when I can afford it! Turkey is amazing went there last year

What part did you go to? I'm going to Antalya. :)

Shar
18-01-2013, 10:31 PM
What part did you go to? I'm going to Antalya. :)
I went there!

Zak
19-01-2013, 12:04 AM
I went there!

:O what hotel did you stay at? What was it like there?

Shar
19-01-2013, 11:17 AM
:O what hotel did you stay at? What was it like there?
A small local one, hardly a hotel but it was nice and cozy. It was great, really enjoyed it :)

Zak
19-01-2013, 02:35 PM
A small local one, hardly a hotel but it was nice and cozy. It was great, really enjoyed it :)

Did you do any activities whilst you were there? :) anything you would recommend? :) sorry, trying to steal ideas x

Shar
19-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Did you do any activities whilst you were there? :) anything you would recommend? :) sorry, trying to steal ideas x
Boat tour was nice and the jeep safari was really good :) x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!