PDA

View Full Version : Phil 'The Power' Taylor

Deak
01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Anybody watch the darts final tonight between MvG and Phil Taylor?

That was the best darts match i have seen for a while!

2-0 to MvG
2-2
4-2 to MvG
4-4
7-4 to Taylor

16 time champion of the world Phil Taylor - legend!

Samantha
01-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Didn't watch it but my mum kept me up to date. Really glad he won against Gerwen, he's down to Earth, I was lucky to meet him and watch him play live but I hope he doesn't retire just yet though :P.

Oleh
02-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Watched it all, never watched darts but I like Phil (I support people based on how they look, just a coincidence that Schumacher, Vettel, Federer & Phil all look like top guys to me) so I watched it. Was amazing, was quite tense watching him mess up a few times and throw away a leg.

j0rd
02-01-2013, 02:52 AM
I missed it, totally forgot about it so ill watch it when I have time. Was routing for MvG but thought Taylor would win it.

Zak
02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Anybody watch the darts final tonight between MvG and Phil Taylor?

That was the best darts match i have seen for a while!

2-0 to MvG
2-2
4-2 to MvG
4-4
7-4 to Taylor

16 time champion of the world Phil Taylor - legend!

Have to watch this now :P

Deak
02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Taylor says he wants to continue for another 2-3 years until he turns 55... think he is still a great player, but not as good as he was a few years back when you knew 90% of the time he would probably win.

Samantha
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Taylor says he wants to continue for another 2-3 years until he turns 55... think he is still a great player, but not as good as he was a few years back when you knew 90% of the time he would probably win.

Yeah I agree, I also think some of the players like younger ones have been improving so much. Like Barneveld, a few years ago you'd always near enough see him and Taylor in the final but look at recent years, they had Whitlock, Van Gerwen etc. it's not only the fact that he isn't as good as he was, it's the talent is younger and getting better. If I remember correctly Taylor was the only one who'd average over 100 near enough every match but now a fair few others do too.

luce
08-01-2013, 08:58 PM
First time i'd ever watched darts and it lived up to expectations. Won't watch it properly but will probably watch more of the champs next christmas. Great come back, but sort of expected it as he is WC 16 times.

Deak
08-01-2013, 10:45 PM
First time i'd ever watched darts and it lived up to expectations. Won't watch it properly but will probably watch more of the champs next christmas. Great come back, but sort of expected it as he is WC 16 times.

Thing is though he has been playing poorly & if MvG played at his best all the way through then he would have won easily in my opinion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!