PDA

View Full Version : Do I leave it or nag them?

Catchy
13-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Okay so at work you always have a standard three month probationary period, mine was extended a further 3 months because they hadn't received 2 references however that's sorted now and the HR manager said yeah d/w we'll get you a perm one when yours runs out. It ran out on the 26th december and she didn't even know so I told her it had ran out and she said she'd sort it however she hasn't as of yet.

So technically I have no legal rights because I'm not on a contract, shall I nag them about it or just leave it till they sort it (baring in mind they do have hundreds and hundreds of employee's to sort out)

zombies
13-01-2013, 02:09 PM
i would talk to them about it again just in case.

GoldenMerc
13-01-2013, 02:10 PM
I'd nag them to get it done personally :P

lawrawrrr
13-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Nag is probably the wrong word, just bring it up otherwise they could realise in a few weeks/months and just fire you because there's no legal rights. Remind the manager, being like 'I know it's probably been busy around the holidays but I thought I'd remind you just in case' etc?

Catchy
13-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Nag is probably the wrong word, just bring it up otherwise they could realise in a few weeks/months and just fire you because there's no legal rights. Remind the manager, being like 'I know it's probably been busy around the holidays but I thought I'd remind you just in case' etc?

Yeah I'll just bring it up on Wednesday, they do take ages to do things there though so I'm not surprised. I know someone who was on probation period for about a year at no fault of her own lmao. I keep telling one of my friends she needs to tell them in her contract it says she gets paid more than she gets (21 yr olds wage she's only 19) legally they HAVE to pay her that if it says that and it's been signed by both parties. She's probs entitled to claim back so much

GoldenMerc
13-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Maybe just keep hinting it until its done, I do that often

AlexJRiley
13-01-2013, 02:38 PM
I nagged my manager and he sorted it out because I pissed him off with it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!