PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Version 7

Andii
21-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Just a question is version 7 coming this year??? Cause like its been months since people said its coming soon

GoldenMerc
21-01-2013, 02:49 PM
simple answer, no

David
21-01-2013, 02:51 PM
probably not

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 02:52 PM
it was never actually coming, it's all a big ruse the coders made up to entertain themselves by watching the forum go mad over it

Alkaz
21-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Would be nice to see some actual snippets of it if it does exist.

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Just a question is version 7 coming this year??? Cause like its been months since people said its coming soon

Well since we have about 11 months of the year left, I would hope so. But it would all depend on Chippiewill; and others really. I'll say what he says to these questions: It's ready, when it's ready.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py5NjuO8aoY

David
21-01-2013, 03:01 PM
i have a question

it was meant to be released months ago (as advertised, unless it was all a joke no ones in on except coders), but !-ben-! leaked it. why was it started all over again from scratch?

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 03:05 PM
i have a question

it was meant to be released months ago (as advertised, unless it was all a joke no ones in on except coders), but !-ben-! leaked it. why was it started all over again from scratch?

Tom over estimated the time it could be finished by and high hopes. Not everything was started from scratch, the people who leaked anything was looking at a design and not any features or back end. The design was changed and that was all that was changed at that time.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 03:05 PM
To be honest, I'd rather wait longer and have a fully working, perfect looking site than a mediocre rushed one.

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 03:10 PM
To be honest, I'd rather wait longer and have a fully working, perfect looking site than a mediocre rushed one.

You do make a good point to be honest. I know it means we are having to use V6 even longer than planned and I know it annoys anyone who tries to use it the site back end or even front end. But if we can release with very little issues or bugs then that's a big bonus in my eyes.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Version 8 will probably be out before Version 7.

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Version 8 will probably be out before Version 7.

Damn, we are working on Version 8 at this moment in time as well :shh:

David
21-01-2013, 03:15 PM

according to sources you're working on versions all the way up to v12 :O

https://twitter.com/habboxv12

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:16 PM

Technically if version 7 was scrapped and you restarted all the work, that would be version 8, would it not? It wouldn't surprise me if someone that's working on it broke off from the group and developed their own design and got it released, hence version 8 being before version 7.

GoldenMerc
21-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Bring back Zuth he'd finish it for u

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Technically if version 7 was scrapped and you restarted all the work, that would be version 8, would it not? It wouldn't surprise me if someone that's working on it broke off from the group and developed their own design and got it released, hence version 8 being before version 7.

Well it wouldn't have to be known as Version 8 because that means we would have jumped from 6 to 8 without a 7. We'll keep with the number 7 for the time being haha :P

according to sources you're working on versions all the way up to v12 :O

https://twitter.com/habboxv12

DAMN IT.

Wouldn't want him breaking any more stuff. He caused many database errors for Rare Values.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:21 PM
When was the last time anything on Habbox.com actually got updated? I'm looking through it now, and on the release guide page, you have up to release 33. Pretty sure Habbo was on like, 68 or something the last time I checked?

What do content designers actually do?

David
21-01-2013, 03:21 PM

he got himself permed from most places so doubt he's still around haha
wasnt it you he scammed?

GoldenMerc
21-01-2013, 03:22 PM
he got himself permed from most places so doubt he's still around haha
wasnt it you he scammed?
nah calv

David
21-01-2013, 03:23 PM

the wiki lol
they shouldnt be called designers imo they should be writers

mrwoooooooo
21-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Habbo will be offline before it gets released

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:25 PM
the wiki lol
they shouldnt be called designers imo they should be writers

But anyone can change the wiki? So why are they staff?

brb, becoming Habbox Staff so I can rewrite the whole wiki.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 03:26 PM

Write all the information on the Wiki and the main site, check all the spelling, layout pages, update images (apart from in the rares bit). Basically everything that isn't coded or graphics, we've done.

There's only 3 of us now, we choose whether to work on the Wiki, main site or both.

EDIT: although anyone can edit the wiki we have to look over everything and make sure it's right, we do the majority of updates on there though. We basically have more of an 'admin' role whilst people usually just add information.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Write all the information on the Wiki and the main site, check all the spelling, layout pages, update images (apart from in the rares bit). Basically everything that isn't coded or graphics, we've done.

There's only 3 of us now, we choose whether to work on the Wiki, main site or both.

Can you point me to any new content on Habbox.com?

One thing that gets me about the wiki, is, is it a wiki about Habbox or Habbo? Because it seems to change about every other page.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 03:31 PM

One thing that gets me about the wiki, is, is it a wiki about Habbox or Habbo? Because it seems to change about every other page.

I just updated the /Safety page, there's not an awful lot of NEW content because there's not much to add, it's just updating and checking everything that's there. There is a few new things which we've written for V7 though!

The wiki is about everything to do with Habbo, including fansites, but there is an emphasis on Habbox because it is owned by us. I don't get what you mean by 'it changes' because that's a really silly thing to say considering it's an encyclopedia on everything to do with Habbo...

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 03:32 PM

I assume you are clicking "Random Page" or whatever that button is called. Of course it would bring up content that is Habbox and Habbo. The Wiki is for both :P

Tom
21-01-2013, 03:33 PM

Currently, we're working on updating V6 information and (of course) the Wiki. We write pages for the site and Wiki I guess? Update information... yeah.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:35 PM
I just updated the /Safety page, there's not an awful lot of NEW content because there's not much to add, it's just updating and checking everything that's there. There is a few new things which we've written for V7 though!

The wiki is about everything to do with Habbo, including fansites, but there is an emphasis on Habbox because it is owned by us. I don't get what you mean by 'it changes' because that's a really silly thing to say considering it's an encyclopedia on everything to do with Habbo...

This is the point I'm making, if it's an encyclopedia for Habbo, it shouldn't be about Habbox :P Matt is more correct saying it is for both. But in one place you can see 'Wiki for all Habbo needs!' and in another place 'Wiki for all Habbox needs!', that's all :P

I personally don't see why we have wiki articles on individual Habbox members, but it's not my choice :P

And the bit in bold is my problem with the whole Version 7 thing, for some reason it's causing everything else to be stopped. Why? Why can't new content be released in version 6? It means the current site is just gathering dust really.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 03:38 PM
This is the point I'm making, if it's an encyclopedia for Habbo, it shouldn't be about Habbox :P Matt is more correct saying it is for both. But in one place you can see 'Wiki for all Habbo needs!' and in another place 'Wiki for all Habbox needs!', that's all :P

I personally don't see why we have wiki articles on individual Habbox members, but it's not my choice :P

And the bit in bold is my problem with the whole Version 7 thing, for some reason it's causing everything else to be stopped. Why? Why can't new content be released in version 6? It means the current site is just gathering dust really.

The new content that I've written will take an age to update on V6, because it will require different graphics to be made and more coding added which is just a waste of time for a site that hopefully won't be up for much longer.W

Where on the wiki does it say anything about Wiki for Habbox/Habbo needs? I've never seen that, apart from on the first page.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 03:41 PM
The new content that I've written will take an age to update on V6, because it will require different graphics to be made and more coding added which is just a waste of time for a site that hopefully won't be up for much longer.W

Where on the wiki does it say anything about Wiki for Habbox/Habbo needs? I've never seen that, apart from on the first page.

"HabboxWiki is dedicated to bringing you the most accurate information about the world of Sulake's Habbo Hotel"

It's just that the majority of the content is about Habbox rather than Habbo.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 03:50 PM
"HabboxWiki is dedicated to bringing you the most accurate information about the world of Sulake's Habbo Hotel"

It's just that the majority of the content is about Habbox rather than Habbo.

No, it's not.

http://www.habboxwiki.com/Category:Habbo

http://www.habboxwiki.com/Category:Habbox

there's far more pages about all the aspects of Habbo, but we never talk about them on here really, the only contested ones in Feedback or whatever are about Habbox people.

Besides, we have nearly ALL the information ever released about Habbo (well we will do) and nowhere near that about Habbox, it's just a summary really, especially seeing as individual people's pages haven't been written yet. It's up to the GMs and the Content Manager to decide how much information to put on, and because it's owned by Habbox they thought it would be nice to have a history of the fansite. Yeah, it's biased because it's owned by Habbox but that's the case elsewhere too. If someone wanted to come along and write a page about every ClubHabbo owner/manager ever I'd personally be fine with that but the thing is we know NOTHING about them.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 04:02 PM
No, it's not.

http://www.habboxwiki.com/Category:Habbo

http://www.habboxwiki.com/Category:Habbox

there's far more pages about all the aspects of Habbo, but we never talk about them on here really, the only contested ones in Feedback or whatever are about Habbox people.

Besides, we have nearly ALL the information ever released about Habbo (well we will do) and nowhere near that about Habbox, it's just a summary really, especially seeing as individual people's pages haven't been written yet. It's up to the GMs and the Content Manager to decide how much information to put on, and because it's owned by Habbox they thought it would be nice to have a history of the fansite. Yeah, it's biased because it's owned by Habbox but that's the case elsewhere too. If someone wanted to come along and write a page about every ClubHabbo owner/manager ever I'd personally be fine with that but the thing is we know NOTHING about them.

I just think that Habbo content should take priority, since outside Habbox users will be looking for information on Habbo on a HabboWiki, rather than Habbox.

we have nearly ALL the information ever released about Habbo (well we will do)

Then why are there so many unfinished pages? And yes, it is up to management how much about Habbox they put in there (as I said, my opinions don't have any value here).

This isn't about the wiki so much, it's about why V7 is making content designers not do anything with content on Habbox.com really (and therefore content designers focusing on just the wiki...)

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 04:10 PM
I just think that Habbo content should take priority, since outside Habbox users will be looking for information on Habbo on a HabboWiki, rather than Habbox.

There's two of us working on the wiki. We're trying to do everything. I've spent this weekend going through a lot of Habbo pages and updating them, double checking information but I have to do what the manager tells me to really. Most of the basic information on Habbo has been finished now, it's writing each Rares page which is taking forever. I'm currently doing all the Idea Agency furniture because I know quite a lot about that campaign but it's not easy finding information like that.

Then why are there so many unfinished pages? And yes, it is up to management how much about Habbox they put in there (as I said, my opinions don't have any value here).

Because there's two of us working on it.

This isn't about the wiki so much, it's about why V7 is making content designers not do anything with content on Habbox.com really (and therefore content designers focusing on just the wiki...)

We're not just focusing on the Wiki. Some content designers CHOOSE to solely work on the Wiki, some do just the site, and some (me) do both. If it's not about the wiki why are you bringing it up so much? We are updating content on the main site (I've already told you this), just not taking extra time out of everyone's lives to create a big change for something that might be there for a month, maybe two. What I'm talking about in this case is the Public Rooms; I've updated the Wiki to have all the information and it's all waiting to be put on V7, but the way the V6 Public Room page is designed it's a waste of time and effort to go around updating it. It's not like the information isn't out there. I've got Habbox V6 pages on my schedule to complete and update but I don't think there's much missing information on the site, it's just spelling and grammar mistakes mainly.

David
21-01-2013, 04:15 PM
if theres only 3 of you why is there a choice in the matter as to what you work on, it should be one or the other imo
and having new content on the main site for a month or two is better than having old content for 5-6 months

and can we stop calling them designers, they're writers

[3:31:32 PM] Tom W: LMAO ngl we design the text that's it
[3:31:35 PM] Tom W: but we're not News

Kardan
21-01-2013, 04:21 PM
There's two of us working on the wiki. We're trying to do everything. I've spent this weekend going through a lot of Habbo pages and updating them, double checking information but I have to do what the manager tells me to really. Most of the basic information on Habbo has been finished now, it's writing each Rares page which is taking forever. I'm currently doing all the Idea Agency furniture because I know quite a lot about that campaign but it's not easy finding information like that.

Because there's two of us working on it.

We're not just focusing on the Wiki. Some content designers CHOOSE to solely work on the Wiki, some do just the site, and some (me) do both. If it's not about the wiki why are you bringing it up so much? We are updating content on the main site (I've already told you this), just not taking extra time out of everyone's lives to create a big change for something that might be there for a month, maybe two. What I'm talking about in this case is the Public Rooms; I've updated the Wiki to have all the information and it's all waiting to be put on V7, but the way the V6 Public Room page is designed it's a waste of time and effort to go around updating it. It's not like the information isn't out there. I've got Habbox V6 pages on my schedule to complete and update but I don't think there's much missing information on the site, it's just spelling and grammar mistakes mainly.

Some examples:

http://habbox.com/#!/Habbox.com - Not updated since March 2011
http://habbox.com/#!/realvhabbo - I remember when this was released many many years ago (essentially finding items in Habbo in real life), now it is just a simple submit form?
http://habbox.com/#!/releaseguides - Not entirely sure when this was last updated, but I'm sure I was around in release 33, and that was around June 2010.
http://habbox.com/#!/HabboxForum - Not updated since 2011.
http://habbox.com/#!/HallOfFame - An out of date version of Habbox Merit.
http://habbox.com/#!/CelebrityVisits - Not updated since March 2011.

I could go on. My point is, why is Version 7 killing off the content of the main site? Habbox.com should be the main focus out of all Habbox Sites, yet it seems to be the one that is most lacking.

Inseriousity.
21-01-2013, 04:21 PM
when i was a content designer (which was back when mr.osh was in charge admittedly), you had to make all the tables and stuff that the writing would go in so that's design work. Content Designer sounds posh anyway. It's just a name lol.

As for version 7, I did warn matt when he posted 'coming soon' that this would happen but soon can be any time apparently :D

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Just going to say from a General Management point of view:

We haven't said content should be stopped because of V7. There was a temporarily hold back some months ago but we lifted that ages ago. So content on the main .com site should still be getting updated regardless.

Samantha
21-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Some examples:

http://habbox.com/#!/realvhabbo - I remember when this was released many many years ago (essentially finding items in Habbo in real life), now it is just a simple submit form?
http://habbox.com/#!/releaseguides - Not entirely sure when this was last updated, but I'm sure I was around in release 33, and that was around June 2010.

I could go on. My point is, why is Version 7 killing off the content of the main site? Habbox.com should be the main focus out of all Habbox Sites, yet it seems to be the one that is most lacking.

No it's not.

For the Wiki, those who have been (Assistant) Managers, merits, in the Hall Of Fame, Site Coders/Admin people and Gods get a page.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 04:33 PM
No it's not.

For the Wiki, those who have been (Assistant) Managers, merits, in the Hall Of Fame, Site Coders/Admin people and Gods get a page.

So the Hall of Fame is only for managers?

Samantha
21-01-2013, 04:38 PM
So the Hall of Fame is only for managers?

No it's those who was believed to have done something outstanding to Habbox, I don't believe Mizki was a manager, just the owner?

Kardan
21-01-2013, 04:40 PM
No it's those who was believed to have done something outstanding to Habbox, I don't believe Mizki was a manager, just the owner?

Do owners not count as managers? :P

So the Hall of Fame is something totally different to Habbox Merit even though the people in the Hall of Fame are all included in Habbox Merit? (Really wanted to use my math degree terminology here, but I don't think people would understand :()

Anyway, ignoring that page, my point still stands. There's 5 examples of pages that I found really easily that haven't been updated for over a year. That's not good.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Some examples:

Like I said there are TWO of us working on the wiki. If you don't like how up to date the information is, go and update it yourself, we're doing other things, such as making pages which currently have NOTHING on them, which is a higher priority.

Samantha
21-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Do owners not count as managers? :P

So the Hall of Fame is something totally different to Habbox Merit even though the people in the Hall of Fame are all included in Habbox Merit? (Really wanted to use my math degree terminology here, but I don't think people would understand :()

Anyway, ignoring that page, my point still stands. There's 5 examples of pages that I found really easily that haven't been updated for over a year. That's not good.

Actually the reason we haven't updated them in over a year, and laura; can vouch for this is the fact we weren't allowed to. Me and her both joined in May 2012 and found ourselves working mainly on the Wiki and a little of v6, after about July we could no longer edit v6 stuff for months so that' probably why too. We could only update this past couple of months if I remember correctly. That was through ex management, not the laziness of staff.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Like I said there are TWO of us working on the wiki. If you don't like how up to date the information is, go and update it yourself, we're doing other things, such as making pages which currently have NOTHING on them, which is a higher priority.

I didn't mention wiki in my post there. I'm saying I don't like how out to date the main content is, and I can't update that myself, only you guys can. I can't see how filling in empty pages about random things such as certain chairs, and previous department managers are more important than replacing the content on the main site that is over a year old.

Maybe it's just me then. I just thought Habbox.com would be the first site that people would visit.

Samantha
21-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I didn't mention wiki in my post there. I'm saying I don't like how out to date the main content is, and I can't update that myself, only you guys can. I can't see how filling in empty pages about random things such as certain chairs, and previous department managers are more important than replacing the content on the main site that is over a year old.

Maybe it's just me then. I just thought Habbox.com would be the first site that people would visit.

Read my post above it might cover your queries :P.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 04:48 PM

I misread your post. My apologies.

Those posts, do they REALLY need updating? We haven't had any celeb visits in a year.

On the V6 site I've only been working on it for 3 days in my entire content 'career' and I'm focusing on doing other pages at the moment. We'll get round to them when we get round to them. At the moment I want to add information to the wiki though.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 04:55 PM
I misread your post. My apologies.

Those posts, do they REALLY need updating? We haven't had any celeb visits in a year.

On the V6 site I've only been working on it for 3 days in my entire content 'career' and I'm focusing on doing other pages at the moment. We'll get round to them when we get round to them. At the moment I want to add information to the wiki though.

Yes... http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=745103

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Yes... http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=745103

don't remember that one happening... this is what happens when you have ex players working on it. We can't be expected to know everything, and we will make mistakes. For now though, we don't have the time to be updating that page.

mrwoooooooo
21-01-2013, 05:17 PM

she was the first owner of hxhd

Empired
21-01-2013, 05:22 PM
i always thought v7 was just an excuse the coders used so they didnt have to fix anything. didnt realise it was more than just a myth

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 05:26 PM
i always thought v7 was just an excuse the coders used so they didnt have to fix anything. didnt realise it was more than just a myth

Nothing really needs fixing apart from stuff on V6 which they do not want to touch whatsoever and I don't personally blame them. Which is why V7 kicked off in the first place and yes the project is real. Other fixes are template fixes on forum skins but I'm not allowing our good friend Chippiewill fix them until he's finished V7.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Nothing really needs fixing apart from stuff on V6 which they do not want to touch whatsoever and I don't personally blame them. Which is why V7 kicked off in the first place and yes the project is real. Other fixes are template fixes on forum skins but I'm not allowing our good friend Chippiewill fix them until he's finished V7.

So we're not getting any content updates on Habbox.com until V7 comes out?

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 05:30 PM

The person I replied to talked about the coders and not content. I was talking about the Site Coders - They don't write up the content for the site.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 05:32 PM
The person I replied to talked about the coders and not content. I was talking about the Site Coders - They don't write up the content for the site.

Derp, my bad :P Still would be nice to see a few articles updated though, because I still take it that V7 is a fair bit off...

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 05:33 PM

to add to what Matt said, I've spent the last few hours telling you I AM updating the content on V6, just haven't got round to the pasges you desperately want updated for whatever reason.

xxMATTGxx
21-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Derp, my bad :P Still would be nice to see a few articles updated though, because I still take it that V7 is a fair bit off...

Yeah, I think I posted in one previous pages that I or any other member of Gen. Management haven't stopped them from updating the site. Both the site and the wiki should be getting updates where necessary. Pages do get updated but obviously not all the pages can get updated at once.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 05:37 PM
to add to what Matt said, I've spent the last few hours telling you I AM updating the content on V6, just haven't got round to the pasges you desperately want updated for whatever reason.

Where did you say you were updating V6 content for Habbox.com? All I saw was that you don't want to waste time on V6 because it's coded badly, that there is no reason to update these pages, and that wiki is a bigger priority.

Empired
21-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Eh, fair enough. I can see it would be a waste of time to fix the occasional thing that will eventually end up being replaced anyway :P

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Where did you say you were updating V6 content for Habbox.com? All I saw was that you don't want to waste time on V6 because it's coded badly, that there is no reason to update these pages, and that wiki is a bigger priority.

Like a billion times? I said I wasn't going to update the Public Rooms page because it requires more time and effort than is worth it on many people's parts, but I am going round on a regular basis checking the site and updating the various pages I have 'dibs' on and I definitely said 'I've just updated the Safety page' in one of my first posts here. Jan too, has just finished making updates on the site today as well.

I never ever ever said it was coded badly or that the wiki is a priority, you're putting words into my mouth to make me look bad. I did say that right now I am updating the wiki because I've already done Habbox work this weekend, they both need information adding and updating but the Wiki is more empty at the moment.

I'd go through the thread to find examples but my interent's rubbish.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Like a billion times? I said I wasn't going to update the Public Rooms page because it requires more time and effort than is worth it on many people's parts, but I am going round on a regular basis checking the site and updating the various pages I have 'dibs' on and I definitely said 'I've just updated the Safety page' in one of my first posts here. Jan too, has just finished making updates on the site today as well.

I never ever ever said it was coded badly or that the wiki is a priority, you're putting words into my mouth to make me look bad. I did say that right now I am updating the wiki because I've already done Habbox work this weekend, they both need information adding and updating but the Wiki is more empty at the moment.

I'd go through the thread to find examples but my interent's rubbish.

If you don't like how up to date the information is, go and update it yourself, we're doing other things, such as making pages which currently have NOTHING on them, which is a higher priority.

The new content that I've written will take an age to update on V6, because it will require different graphics to be made and more coding added which is just a waste of time for a site that hopefully won't be up for much longer.

I did miss your post on the safety page being updated, was too busy discussing the wiki :P And you didn't say the coding was bad, but more code to be added, which I assume is bad coding, because you'd expect it to be there in the first place.

If you're going to get around to updating the pages, then there's no issue :)

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 05:57 PM
If you don't like how up to date the information is, go and update it yourself, we're doing other things, such as making pages which currently have NOTHING on them, which is a higher priority.

Pages with no content are a priority regardless of which site they're on.

The new content that I've written will take an age to update on V6, because it will require different graphics to be made and more coding added which is just a waste of time for a site that hopefully won't be up for much longer.

That's not saying the coding is bad, that's saying it will take time out of the coder's day and delay the v7 release even more, and will waste graphics designer's time too for something that won't be around for that long.

Yeah, like I said, I'm working on the Wiki at the moment because I've already done V6 work this weekend. Besides this exact quote CLEARLY says 'I'M WORKING ON OTHER PAGES' ............................

I did miss your post on the safety page being updated, was too busy discussing the wiki :P And you didn't say the coding was bad, but more code to be added, which I assume is bad coding, because you'd expect it to be there in the first place.

That's convenient, I've also discussed other pages on this thread. Coding just needs changing if we were to use my Public Rooms, and because there are about 20 more rooms which aren't on the current site but will be on v7 they'd need to be added and I have no idea how to duplicate coding. It might be simple but it's still wasted time for SOMEONE. Stop making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.

If you're going to get around to updating the pages, then there's no issue :)

you're the one criticising us for not doing the work and making the issue...

Kardan
21-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Pages with no content are a priority regardless of which site they're on.

That's not saying the coding is bad, that's saying it will take time out of the coder's day and delay the v7 release even more, and will waste graphics designer's time too for something that won't be around for that long.

Yeah, like I said, I'm working on the Wiki at the moment because I've already done V6 work this weekend. Besides this exact quote CLEARLY says 'I'M WORKING ON OTHER PAGES' ............................

That's convenient, I've also discussed other pages on this thread. Coding just needs changing if we were to use my Public Rooms, and because there are about 20 more rooms which aren't on the current site but will be on v7 they'd need to be added and I have no idea how to duplicate coding. It might be simple but it's still wasted time for SOMEONE. Stop making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.

you're the one criticising us for not doing the work and making the issue...

Calm down :P I didn't say you're not doing any work, I'm simply stating that there are pages on the site that haven't been updated in over a year, and personally, I consider them more important, considering they're the front of house sort of content pages, rather than the blank content wiki pages on department managers etc. I'm just providing feedback that it would be nice to see the main site get updated despite V7 not coming out.

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Calm down :P I didn't say you're not doing any work, I'm simply stating that there are pages on the site that haven't been updated in over a year, and personally, I consider them more important, considering they're the front of house sort of content pages, rather than the blank content wiki pages on department managers etc. I'm just providing feedback that it would be nice to see the main site get updated despite V7 not coming out.

You're insinuating that we are. Most of the pages on V6 are fully comprehensive, if not perfect in other ways and we don't have time to double check so much information, we're working on different pages at the moment and we'll get round to the whole site eventually; there's only 2 of us!!!! Like I've also said before, we have to do what the manager tells us to do and for those working solely on the Wiki, their job is to keep it is as up to date as possible. If V7 was to be released next month it'd be a bit of a waste us working so hard on v6 for it all to be scrapped really! If you want V6 updating desperately applications are open :)

Kardan
21-01-2013, 06:28 PM
You're insinuating that we are. Most of the pages on V6 are fully comprehensive, if not perfect in other ways and we don't have time to double check so much information, we're working on different pages at the moment and we'll get round to the whole site eventually; there's only 2 of us!!!! Like I've also said before, we have to do what the manager tells us to do and for those working solely on the Wiki, their job is to keep it is as up to date as possible. If V7 was to be released next month it'd be a bit of a waste us working so hard on v6 for it all to be scrapped really! If you want V6 updating desperately applications are open :)

I'm saying that V6 content hasn't been updated very often, not that content workers aren't doing anything, and the pages are comprehensive, they make sense, there's not many errors - it's just that it's old, that's all. And if V7 was to come next month, why would it be a waste? Are content pages not transferred over? I assumed they would be, but obviously I'm wrong :P

Chippiewill
21-01-2013, 06:29 PM

Back in August I was given a week to have all the pages done for V7, this ridiculous estimation for V7 completion being the core issue, naturally if V7 was going to be completed immanently there was no point in updating V6 again. It wasn't until I got more involved with V7 that I suddenly realised that it was months from completion and Skynus and I made the decision then to start updating V6 again. As for now Habbox.com is getting updated but Content Design is a fairly small team now anyway.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Back in August I was given a week to have all the pages done for V7, this ridiculous estimation for V7 completion being the core issue, naturally if V7 was going to be completed immanently there was no point in updating V6 again. It wasn't until I got more involved with V7 that I suddenly realised that it was months from completion and Skynus and I made the decision then to start updating V6 again. As for now Habbox.com is getting updated but Content Design is a fairly small team now anyway.

Yeah, Matt addressed this earlier and said that the V6 updating restriction was lifted :) This updating restriction along with a small team explains the issues with V6 content :P

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm saying that V6 content hasn't been updated very often, not that content workers aren't doing anything, and the pages are comprehensive, they make sense, there's not many errors - it's just that it's old, that's all. And if V7 was to come next month, why would it be a waste? Are content pages not transferred over? I assumed they would be, but obviously I'm wrong :P

Not all of them are being transferred, last time I heard. Apart from the Celebrity Visits and stuff about HC being brought back there isn't that much that's majorly been updated on Habbo and therefore it's no pressing isue to update the pages on Habbox when most of the spelling/rewriting issues have been fixed and added to V7 already.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Not all of them are being transferred, last time I heard. Apart from the Celebrity Visits and stuff about HC being brought back there isn't that much that's majorly been updated on Habbo and therefore it's no pressing isue to update the pages on Habbox when most of the spelling/rewriting issues have been fixed and added to V7 already.

I realise you personally won't be able to answer this, but why would you not transfer content over to the new site? (Unless of course it was out of date and irrelevant)

lawrawrrr
21-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I realise you personally won't be able to answer this, but why would you not transfer content over to the new site? (Unless of course it was out of date and irrelevant)
When I was first in the department there was a discussion about how much information should be on the main site due to the presence of that same information being on the Wiki and the forum.

Having said that, I'm not really aware of what's going on there, all I know is the pages which I've written.

Kardan
21-01-2013, 06:50 PM
When I was first in the department there was a discussion about how much information should be on the main site due to the presence of that same information being on the Wiki and the forum.

Having said that, I'm not really aware of what's going on there, all I know is the pages which I've written.

I suppose you would need to find a balance. Technically everything except news could end up on the wiki if it really wanted.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!