PDA

View Full Version : Looking to go Disneyland Paris

GoldenMerc
25-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Im looking to go Disney land Paris in Sept, for 2 people, How much on that basis would it be to fly from say Birmingham...
Ross

Cerys
25-01-2013, 06:18 PM
If your looking for half decent rides, just don't go.

But yeah, depends when you're planning on going really. Summer holidays - overly expensive flights. Now - great cheapness.

Teabags
26-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Tripadvisor says about £67 from London if you had a way down there. From Birmingham they shoot up to £106 per head.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/CheapFlights?geo=2079053&travelers=2&cos=0&nonstop=no&airport0=LON&nearby0=no&airport1=PAR&nearby1=no&date0=20130902&time0=anytime&date1=20130903&time1=anytime&provider0=Bookingbuddy_co_uk&provider1=Expedia_co_uk&cr=1
Birmingham:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/CheapFlights?geo=2079053&travelers=2&cos=0&nonstop=no&airport0=BHX&nearby0=no&airport1=PAR&nearby1=no&date0=20130902&time0=anytime&date1=20130903&time1=anytime&provider0=Bookingbuddy_co_uk&provider1=Expedia_co_uk&cr=1
Eurostar - £84. But you can't book that far in advance.
You can go to Paris for £69

Or if you really want to cheapskate it, get a ferry to Paris and find Disney from there. Which might max at £100 for 2.
http://www.aferry.co.uk/disneyland-paris-ferry-uk.htm

Or you might just want to book closer to the time and grab a late minute cheap flight - which aren't reliable, but they've worked for me in the past.
Something like this.
http://www.lastminute.com/trips/flightlist/listInternal?srchSnr=0&subAgent=CLF&retDy=19&retMo=2013-02&depDy=12&depAp=BHX&tmad=c&tmplaceref=154820&srchAdt=1&acArrValues=CDG%7CParis+Charles+De+Gaulle+Airport% 7CParis%7C%7CFrance&path=flights&airline=NONE&pTxId=1630586&drctTrip=false&acDepValues=BHX%7CBirmingham+International+Airport %7CBirmingham%7C%7CUnited+Kingdom&depMo=2013-02&numLegs=2&srchChld=0&arrAp=CDG&configId=S72722479&source=affaw-154820&cabins=Y&tmcampid=7&srchInf=0

or you could just explore Paris, Amsterdam and Switzerland. Probably explore the rest of Europe with the money you'd spend at Disney.
I know some of the above aren't necessarily from Birmingham and more London way, but it tends to work out cheaper to grab like a £10 single down to London and get flights/ ferries/ eurostar whatever, from there.

@GoldenMerc (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26925)

wixard
26-01-2013, 12:54 AM
joel wouldn't let us go to disneyland when we were in paris ;l i am jel

Chippiewill
26-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Forget the actual disneyland bit, go to walt disney studios next door. Has the Aerosmith ride, tower of terror and rollercoaster designer/maker/simulator.

Although the Paris space mountain is REALLY good. Florida one is terribad.

geo
26-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Forget the actual disneyland bit, go to walt disney studios next door. Has the Aerosmith ride, tower of terror and rollercoaster designer/maker/simulator.

Although the Paris space mountain is REALLY good. Florida one is terribad.

What's tower of terror like? We're planning to go back to Orlando this year but try out another Disney park, rather than the main one with all the fireworks. Hey!!!! I thought Space Mountain was really fun but I was also scared I'd hit my head. :( Is the Aerosmith ride in Florida too? and what park is it in?

GoldenMerc
26-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I've been to disney world, and universal, which are both really good. But I don't have those kinds of funds :P

lawrawrrr
26-01-2013, 05:24 PM
What's tower of terror like? We're planning to go back to Orlando this year but try out another Disney park, rather than the main one with all the fireworks. Hey!!!! I thought Space Mountain was really fun but I was also scared I'd hit my head. :( Is the Aerosmith ride in Florida too? and what park is it in?

In florida the Aerosmith ride is in Hollywood Studios, next to the Tower of Terror! It's definitely my favourite park of all of them, much less 'disney-fied' if you will :p

The Aerosmith ride is called Rockin' Rollercoaster and I went on it in Paris for the first time, such a good ride. The studios park is better than the main one ross, but there's bits in both which are cool - if you can and it's not too much extra I really suggest getting a park hopper.

You can get down for about 100 quid I think, it's just hotels round Disney do charge a lot, because, well they can. Might be worth looking at driving to be honest, hop on the ferry because it's usually cheaper that way than flying!

Rachel
26-01-2013, 06:16 PM
I am spending 3 weeks there in the summer to Walt Disney :D I have been there when I was 7 years old and don't really remember it much I am 21 it's been so long. I'm going there and also 1 week in Cuba and the other week in Dominican republic :D

GoldenMerc
26-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I am spending 3 weeks there in the summer to Walt Disney :D I have been there when I was 7 years old and don't really remember it much I am 21 it's been so long. I'm going there and also 1 week in Cuba and the other week in Dominican republic :D

ye thats great, that didnt help. Im looking for a holiday package to go, not your travels

Chippiewill
26-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Space Mountain in Orlando is *alright* but the one in Paris is 100x better.

I think Hollywood Studios (Not called Walt Disney Studios in Orlando but it's the same theme) is the best disney park, particularly for non-small children. Has all the best attractions including:

Rockin' Roller Coaster (Aerosmith Ride, best of the disney rollercoasters in orlando)
Tower of Terror (Easily one of the best rides in the entirety of orlando)
Star Tours (Recently updated and one of the better simulator rides in orlando)
Backlot tour (Mostly just interesting but there are a couple of 'ride' bits).
Live car stunt show (Was in Paris, they made a better version in Orlando although there's some tacky 'Cars' promotion)
Toy Story Ride (Interactive/3D shoot-em-up, really, really good)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show

It also has one of the better 'themes' of disney, it's meant to be a replication of Hollywood and they're in the middle of filming for several movies. Bit of an improvement over Magic Kingdom which is a bit disjointed in that regard.

Although if you're not restricting yourself to just Disney then you should take a look at Universal studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure which are both very solid parks and focus more on the rides rather than the whole experience which you may prefer (Although Harry Potter World is very solidly themed).

geo
26-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Space Mountain in Orlando is *alright* but the one in Paris is 100x better.

I think Hollywood Studios (Not called Walt Disney Studios in Orlando but it's the same theme) is the best disney park, particularly for non-small children. Has all the best attractions including:

Rockin' Roller Coaster (Aerosmith Ride, best of the disney rollercoasters in orlando)
Tower of Terror (Easily one of the best rides in the entirety of orlando)
Star Tours (Recently updated and one of the better simulator rides in orlando)
Backlot tour (Mostly just interesting but there are a couple of 'ride' bits).
Live car stunt show (Was in Paris, they made a better version in Orlando although there's some tacky 'Cars' promotion)
Toy Story Ride (Interactive/3D shoot-em-up, really, really good)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show

It also has one of the better 'themes' of disney, it's meant to be a replication of Hollywood and they're in the middle of filming for several movies. Bit of an improvement over Magic Kingdom which is a bit disjointed in that regard.

Although if you're not restricting yourself to just Disney then you should take a look at Universal studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure which are both very solid parks and focus more on the rides rather than the whole experience which you may prefer (Although Harry Potter World is very solidly themed).

Ooh, I'll suggest that one to my parents if we do decide to go! Hmm, we got a 5 park ticket for 2 weeks so we got into Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Wet n' Wild, Sea World and Aquatica. I really enjoyed the Hulk Ride and the Jurassic Park water ride @ Islands of Adventure, the Spiderman one was pretty cool too. The Harry Potter one was just amazing, especially going around the castle bit, although I was gutted that I worked out how to skip and hour of the queue just after we'd been on it. :( Universal Studios was pretty awesome too. Shame Jaws ride had shut down as I really wish I could have got on that, although the Men in Black ride made up for it. :-)

Stadiums
26-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I really liked space mountain in Florida, really want to go back but its too expensive :(

Chippiewill
26-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Ooh, I'll suggest that one to my parents if we do decide to go! Hmm, we got a 5 park ticket for 2 weeks so we got into Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Wet n' Wild, Sea World and Aquatica. I really enjoyed the Hulk Ride and the Jurassic Park water ride @ Islands of Adventure, the Spiderman one was pretty cool too. The Harry Potter one was just amazing, especially going around the castle bit, although I was gutted that I worked out how to skip and hour of the queue just after we'd been on it. :( Universal Studios was pretty awesome too. Shame Jaws ride had shut down as I really wish I could have got on that, although the Men in Black ride made up for it. :-)

Jaws is good although a bit static, it's a shame you missed out on it. If you enjoyed the men in black ride then you'd find the toy story mania ride in hollywood studios really enjoyable also since it's a fairly similar principle.

Catchy
27-01-2013, 01:02 AM
ye thats great, that didnt help. Im looking for a holiday package to go, not your travels

ross that was a bit rude!

Edited by JerseyShore (Forum Moderator): Please don't post off-topic. Thanks!

adriel35
15-02-2013, 07:21 PM
This is just my experience... I'm informing you that Disney land Paris will seriously let you down, I've been twice! The people are impolite, the place is more costly. There are less trips and areas than at the United states. If you like your good viewpoint of Disney, don't go to Paris.

LostLiion
15-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I am going to Disney Land Paris in March for the Media Live conference and it is costing me £260 all together and thats with the whole Media Live thing. So will be around the £150-£250 price mark including flights , hotel and park etc.

Oleh
16-02-2013, 07:47 PM
It's a fun place to go, nice plethora of rides, even the new toy story & finding nemo themed rides are thrilling.

Zak
18-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I hated Disneyland Paris :P it was such a let-down. I went with my ex-gf a few years back :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!