PDA

View Full Version : The Six Nations

Ardemax
28-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Still unsure how popular Union is on this forum, so I thought I'd make a Six Nations discussion thread :D

Feel free to predict the winners and losers and to discuss the games :P It all kicks of on Saturday!

Schedule:

Sat 2nd Feb 13
13:30
Wales
v
Ireland
Millennium Stadium

Sat 2nd Feb 13
16:00
England
v
Scotland
Twickenham

Sun 3rd Feb 13
15:00
Italy
v
France
Stadio Olimpico

Sat 9th Feb 13
14:30
Scotland
v
Italy
Murrayfield

Sat 9th Feb 13
17:00
France
v
Wales
Stade de France

Sun 10th Feb 13
Ireland
v
England
Aviva Stadium

Sat 23rd Feb 13
Italy
v
Wales
Stadio Olimpico

Sat 23rd Feb 13
England
v
France
Twickenham

Sun 24th Feb 13
14:00
Scotland
v
Ireland
Murrayfield

Sat 9th Mar 13
Scotland
v
Wales
Murrayfield

Sat 9th Mar 13
Ireland
v
France
Aviva Stadium

Sun 10th Mar 13
England
v
Italy
Twickenham

Sat 16th Mar 13
Italy
v
Ireland
Stadio Olimpico

Sat 16th Mar 13
Wales
v
England
Millennium Stadium

Sat 16th Mar 13
20:00
France
v
Scotland
Stade de France

My predictions:
1 - England
2 - France
3 - Ireland
4 - Wales
5 - Italy
6 - Scotland

Au revoir

j0rd
31-01-2013, 02:26 PM
So excited, my weekend life gets killed for 4 weeks.

My predictions:
1 - France
2 - Ireland
3 - England
4 - Wales
5 - Italy
6 - Scotland

wixard
31-01-2013, 03:31 PM
1 - Ireland
2 - France
3 - England
4 - Italy
5 - Wales
6 - Scotland

YEAHHHHHH

Ardemax
31-01-2013, 09:31 PM
So excited, my weekend life gets killed for 4 weeks.

My predictions:
1 - France
2 - Ireland
3 - England
4 - Wales
5 - Italy
6 - Scotland

Same here. I'm getting pumped up for this even though I'm not expecting us to win anything haha.

1 - Ireland
2 - France
3 - England
4 - Italy
5 - Wales
6 - Scotland

YEAHHHHHH

Everyone's underestimating England, I still reckon they'll take the slam ;)

Kardan
31-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Let's go for something different:

1) England
2) Wales
3) France
4) Ireland
5) Italy
6) Scotland

wixard
02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
AND IRELAND WIN YEAHHHHHHH
TAKE THAT WALES

Kardan
02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Wales V Ireland game was pretty decent :) Watching England V Scotland at the moment :)

j0rd
02-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Wales V Ireland game was pretty decent :) Watching England V Scotland at the moment :)

Pretty decent? Last 20 minutes was amazing
Gutted we lost, had an amazing second half though

Ardemax
02-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Best start to a Six Nations I can remember for a long time. Although we lost, it was an awesome comeback :D
And watching England take Scotland for a gentle stroll was pretty decent too, I guess :P

Zak
03-02-2013, 12:35 AM
England conceded two easy tries by Scotland. Shouldn't have happened.. Other than that poor first half performance.. awesome second half performance. Farrell really had his kicking boots on today.

12trees didn't play bad at all for his first game.. just felt he was over running a lot of the time. (Even the try he scored.. it was a forward pass)

Still think they miss the raw power of Manu. He was in my P.E. group at school you know :P

j0rd
03-02-2013, 04:42 AM
England conceded two easy tries by Scotland. Shouldn't have happened.. Other than that poor first half performance.. awesome second half performance. Farrell really had his kicking boots on today.

12trees didn't play bad at all for his first game.. just felt he was over running a lot of the time. (Even the try he scored.. it was a forward pass)

Still think they miss the raw power of Manu. He was in my P.E. group at school you know :P

Manu coaches the forwards for the club i play for, he's great :P
Watched the first half of the Scotland game and Scotland didn't look too bad at the start. Performed the best I've seen seen them in a long time

Zak
03-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Watched the first half of the Scotland game and Scotland didn't look too bad at the start. Performed the best I've seen seen them in a long time

Weird that he's a back :P Although he was pretty huge at JCC, pretty sure he was a forward back then too :P

Ardemax
03-02-2013, 12:59 PM

It was pretty much set in stone before the 6nations that Sexton would be the No.10 for the Lions but from that display by Farrell I think it's swung open again.

Have to praise Scotland because they didn't give up at all and 2 tries at Twickers is not something to be ashamed of :)

They really have picked up from the Autumn, more than I can say about Wales (though the second half wasn't too bad ;))

Phil
03-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Don't get to see one match this weekend because I'm rehearsing every all of them! Proper gutted, rugby is the only sport I have any interest in and at that, I love it! Delighted Ireland won yesterdays match!

j0rd
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Weird that he's a back :P Although he was pretty huge at JCC, pretty sure he was a forward back then too :P

Thought you meant Deacon Manu (NZ international), I was tired :(
Just got in and turned Italy vs France game on and Italy 23 - 18 with a minute left, looks intense!

wixard
03-02-2013, 06:02 PM
well **** me italy!
that was... unexpected

Ardemax
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Italy are so underrated haha!

What a performance and what a deserved victory :D

wixard
03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Don't get to see one match this weekend because I'm rehearsing every all of them! Proper gutted, rugby is the only sport I have any interest in and at that, I love it! Delighted Ireland won yesterdays match!

aviva will be POPPING on 10th of feb! it's gonna be very exciting times
knowing my luck i'll be working during it.

anyway I STILL THINK MY LIST ON THIS THREAD IS THE MOST ACCURATE
whoever predicts correctly has to get rep from everyone in this thread
okay? okay.

Teabags
03-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Ireland
England
France
Wales
Italy
Scotland

Kardan
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Well done Italy, the last few minutes were great to watch! :)

Zak
03-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Thought you meant Deacon Manu (NZ international), I was tired :(
Just got in and turned Italy vs France game on and Italy 23 - 18 with a minute left, looks intense!

No no manu tuilagi :)

+

wow italy.... ! :O
Castroooooo :D

Ardemax
03-02-2013, 11:40 PM
aviva will be POPPING on 10th of feb! it's gonna be very exciting times
knowing my luck i'll be working during it.

anyway I STILL THINK MY LIST ON THIS THREAD IS THE MOST ACCURATE
whoever predicts correctly has to get rep from everyone in this thread
okay? okay.

You think France will still come second? ;)

But yeah, agreed.

Also Parisse is just pure class.

Kardan
03-02-2013, 11:43 PM
I'll rep anyone that gets the prediction correct, I'm not doing too well though, with Wales 2nd, France 3rd :P

Ardemax
03-02-2013, 11:49 PM
I'll rep anyone that gets the prediction correct, I'm not doing too well though, with Wales 2nd, France 3rd :P

Ranking Wales higher than 3rd is always a risky strategy :D

Ardemax
08-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Sorry for the double post but whoever is interested in the teams for Saturday's and Sunday's games, here they are:

http://rugbyfix.com/six-nations-teams-for-round-two-2013/

My predictions:
Italy, France and England all to win.

Zak
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
I hope England do win on Sunday. Though Ireland at home.... that will defo be a challenge.

Wales to beat France
Italy to beat Scotland

wixard
09-02-2013, 11:09 AM
FOR ME

italy, france, and ireland

i have work off on sunday which means i can watch, it'll be an interesting one
BUT IRELAND WILL CRUSH YOU ENGLAND

Ardemax
09-02-2013, 07:09 PM
After an intense (and also shocking) Wales v France game it is now over to Ireland to decide the winner. Absolutely buzzing about the win seeing how we haven't won in Paris since 2005 (I think).

I'm hoping at least one of my predictions are correct :D

Teabags
09-02-2013, 08:22 PM
what has happened to France?

think Ireland are going to win tomorrow though.

Phil
09-02-2013, 11:47 PM
I really hope Ireland win tomorrow! I can't believe what is happening to France this year, what's happening?! The match earlier was awful but that was a great tri on Wales behalf! Odds on Paddy Power for tomorrows match:

Ireland WIN - 20/21
DRAW - 18/1
England WIN - 21/20

Odds are VERY close, will be an immense game! Can't believe I'm missing it for rehearsals! Hopefully nobody will tell me the score and I can come home ans watch it online.

Ardemax
09-02-2013, 11:57 PM
I really hope Ireland win tomorrow! I can't believe what is happening to France this year, what's happening?! The match earlier was awful but that was a great tri on Wales behalf! Odds on Paddy Power for tomorrows match:

Ireland WIN - 20/21
DRAW - 18/1
England WIN - 21/20

Odds are VERY close, will be an immense game! Can't believe I'm missing it for rehearsals! Hopefully nobody will tell me the score and I can come home ans watch it online.

I think if Ireland win, you will have no chance of not hearing the score ;)

Phil
09-02-2013, 11:59 PM
I think if Ireland win, you will have no chance of not hearing the score ;)

I'll be at rehearsals, we'll have no radio so will only hear the score if someone gets a text and announces. My radio isn't working in the car so won't here it there so then I'll run into my house, lock myself into my room, only open rté player and watch the game :P

Ardemax
10-02-2013, 12:00 AM
I'll be at rehearsals, we'll have no radio so will only hear the score if someone gets a text and announces. My radio isn't working in the car so won't here it there so then I'll run into my house, lock myself into my room, only open rté player and watch the game :P

Normally I'd be rooting for Ireland but I really want Wales to get in the top 3, so I'm backing England, apologies :(

Phil
10-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Normally I'd be rooting for Ireland but I really want Wales to get in the top 3, so I'm backing England, apologies :(

I can understand that :P

wixard
10-02-2013, 02:52 PM
here we go guys, i'm nervous
i know i initially said ireland yesterday, but i have a feeling england could take it

playing for penalties ;l

Ardemax
10-02-2013, 04:51 PM
here we go guys, i'm nervous
i know i initially said ireland yesterday, but i have a feeling england could take it

playing for penalties ;l

Your feeling was correct.

Rather dull game again (imo), dominated by penalties and wannabe-fights.

Hoping we can stop England's slam plans next time ;)

wixard
10-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Your feeling was correct.

Rather dull game again (imo), dominated by penalties and wannabe-fights.

Hoping we can stop England's slam plans next time ;)

IT ALL RESTS ON YOU WALES
YOU MUST STOP THE ENGLISH GRAND SLAM

well anyway, my prediction has gone to **** now. don't think any of us will have it right

Teabags
10-02-2013, 05:09 PM
don't think england will get the grand slam.
would definitely be nice.

think France will still be quite tricky.

Oleh
10-02-2013, 10:14 PM
If the previous results are anything to go by, England have go this wrapped up.

j0rd
10-02-2013, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybnTkrYbRI

England won't win the grand slam

Oleh
10-02-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5B-bxIpMwY

Yes they will Jord love! :)

Zak
11-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Suck it Ireland. Beaten at home.

That will teach Healy for not getting a red card for stamping.

Teabags
11-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Suck it Ireland. Beaten at home.

That will teach Healy for not getting a red card for stamping.
someone's feeling patriotic.
reckon he'll get sighted, no idea how he wasn't sent off.

thought farrell was going to get a yellow in the first 15 minutes though.

Zak
12-02-2013, 12:01 PM
someone's feeling patriotic.
reckon he'll get sighted, no idea how he wasn't sent off.

thought farrell was going to get a yellow in the first 15 minutes though.

Sorry :P I love Rugby. Plus I'm a huge Tigers fan and Dan Cole obv plays for Tigers.

Cian Healy has been cited for the stamp though, his hearing is Wednesday in London.

Ardemax
19-02-2013, 08:30 PM
With a rather disappointing second round of rugby (in my opinion) the most entertaining match was Scotland v Italy (in my opinion), followed by France v Wales (in my opinion) and then by Ireland v England in a rather a dull last place (fact).

The future is bright, however, with two appetizing games on Saturday:

Italy v Wales (14:30PM KO)
England v France (17:00PM KO)

And a juicy game on Sunday:

Scotland v Ireland (14:00PM KO)

Who are you rooting for and what are your predictions? (also have you changed your mind about how the 6N table will finish?)

For me personally I can see a comfortable victory for Wales, England and Ireland. But hey, that's just me :)

Teabags
23-02-2013, 05:07 PM
really wondering what France will look like today.

Thought Italy were going to do better this year, but it's all gone downhill again.

Teabags
23-02-2013, 06:54 PM
well roll on Italy.
grand slam?

Ardemax
23-02-2013, 07:06 PM
well roll on Italy.
grand slam?

I don't think I've seen a more one sided affair from Joubert if I'm honest, totally useless at everything.

Hopefully we'd regain some form by the time you lot come to Cardiff ;)

Teabags
23-02-2013, 07:12 PM
wales vs england will definitely be worth watching.

Think it might be more of a technical game/ game of fine margins and territory though.
Welldone against Italy. Cuthbert did well.
Ardemax

Ardemax
23-02-2013, 07:25 PM
wales vs england will definitely be worth watching.

Think it might be more of a technical game/ game of fine margins and territory though.
Welldone against Italy. Cuthbert did well.
@Ardemax (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45877)

Touche, however Cuthbert at this moment in time is a liability. He's an athlete, sure, but he has no 'rugby' brain.

I wanted to get tickets for the game, but they sold out in like 30.25 seconds. Should be the championship decider though :P

Teabags
23-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Touche, however Cuthbert at this moment in time is a liability. He's an athlete, sure, but he has no 'rugby' brain.

I wanted to get tickets for the game, but they sold out in like 30.25 seconds. Should be the championship decider though :P
Know exactly what you mean, he doesn't quite seem to have the hands and a rugby brain.
Just as a naive comment though, I think if he's pretty much told what line to run, his athleticism will do the rest for him.
Wales do have two gargantuan wingers though. Other than Fofana, I think they can be considered as the strongest pair of wingers in the tournament. North is a definite step up though.

Ardemax
23-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Know exactly what you mean, he doesn't quite seem to have the hands and a rugby brain.
Just as a naive comment though, I think if he's pretty much told what line to run, his athleticism will do the rest for him.
Wales do have two gargantuan wingers though. Other than Fofana, I think they can be considered as the strongest pair of wingers in the tournament. North is a definite step up though.

This is true. I can see North and Halfpenny as the only certain Lions places from Wales and I'd love to say the same thing about Cuthbert but you can't really overlook the likes of Twelvetrees.

Teabags
23-02-2013, 07:53 PM
This is true. I can see North and Halfpenny as the only certain Lions places from Wales and I'd love to say the same thing about Cuthbert but you can't really overlook the likes of Twelvetrees.
Been really surprised by Twelvetrees. He's done well, but I'm not totally convinced that he's got a place in the Lions.
If I had a Lions back line, it give or take it'd have
9 Youngs
10 Farrell - if his foot is okay after today
11North
12 Probably Strettle - even though we haven't seen much of him.
13 O'Driscoll
14 Ashton
15 either halfpenny or alex goode.
(Can't point out any particular/ special quality of Goode, but he's just seems to have kept his nerve)
Tualagi must go in somewhere for crashball purposes.

Ardemax
23-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Been really surprised by Twelvetrees. He's done well, but I'm not totally convinced that he's got a place in the Lions.
If I had a Lions back line, it give or take it'd have
9 Youngs
10 Farrell - if his foot is okay after today
11North
12 Probably Strettle - even though we haven't seen much of him.
13 O'Driscoll
14 Ashton
15 either halfpenny or alex goode.
(Can't point out any particular/ special quality of Goode, but he's just seems to have kept his nerve)
Tualagi must go in somewhere for crashball purposes.

I think I'd go for:
9 Youngs
10 Farrell
11 North
12 Barritt/Roberts
13 BOD
14 Manu Tuilagi
15 Halfpenny

As a side note, I absolutely despise Ashton.

Teabags
24-02-2013, 11:21 AM
any particular reason?
He was quite arrogant last year, but I'd still say he's still worthy.

Ardemax
24-02-2013, 12:18 PM
any particular reason?
He was quite arrogant last year, but I'd still say he's still worthy.

An example being in the French game right when the whistle had gone. If he had world class skills then I would probably like him but atm I think someone like Visser could easily fill his shoes.

Teabags
24-02-2013, 12:49 PM
An example being in the French game right when the whistle had gone. If he had world class skills then I would probably like him but atm I think someone like Visser could easily fill his shoes.
Agreed he has a temper, but I didn't actually see what happened/ what Ashton did - thought Fall kicked off unnecessarily.
and he is the highest point scorer for the England team - bar Flood and Farrell at 10.

Ardemax
24-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Agreed he has a temper, but I didn't actually see what happened/ what Ashton did - thought Fall kicked off unnecessarily.
and he is the highest point scorer for the England team - bar Flood and Farrell at 10.

He threw the ball at like the French player (can't remember which one), it was something pathetic but it was just really un-professional haha. I'd still take Manu/Twelvetrees over Ashton anyday.

Teabags
24-02-2013, 01:53 PM
He threw the ball at like the French player (can't remember which one), it was something pathetic but it was just really un-professional haha. I'd still take Manu/Twelvetrees over Ashton anyday.
Watching it back, (not that I'm condoning what Ashton did), Fall did shove Ashton abit which is the only reason why - if you can class that as provocation. Eitherway, was unnecessary from both sides.

Just on an off note.
I forgot to include Max Evans as a winger in my backline.
Hasn't had much of a game so far, but he's such a dangerous character.

Ardemax
24-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Watching it back, (not that I'm condoning what Ashton did), Fall did shove Ashton abit which is the only reason why - if you can class that as provocation. Eitherway, was unnecessary from both sides.

Just on an off note.
I forgot to include Max Evans as a winger in my backline.
Hasn't had much of a game so far, but he's such a dangerous character.

Haven't seen him really, could still get a call up though.

Also I'm well pleased that Scotland won, makes our job to take 2nd (or 1st) place easier! Very well played and Laidlaw has just become my new Lions number 9 :D

Teabags
24-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Haven't seen him really, could still get a call up though.

Also I'm well pleased that Scotland won, makes our job to take 2nd (or 1st) place easier! Very well played and Laidlaw has just become my new Lions number 9 :D
haha!
he's my espn fantasy 9.

Was really shocked that Scotland won - especially after the try early on in the second half.
Far too many penalties given away by Ireland.
Don't think anyone would be able to predict the table at the end of it all from the start. Been such a mixed bunch of games.

Ardemax
24-02-2013, 05:01 PM
haha!
he's my espn fantasy 9.

Was really shocked that Scotland won - especially after the try early on in the second half.
Far too many penalties given away by Ireland.
Don't think anyone would be able to predict the table at the end of it all from the start. Been such a mixed bunch of games.

Are you in the reddit league?

And yeah, we just need England to lose and hopefully there will be a dramatic end to the tournament. Who knows, even Wales (who were written off last summer) could even take it ;)

Teabags
24-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Are you in the reddit league?

And yeah, we just need England to lose and hopefully there will be a dramatic end to the tournament. Who knows, even Wales (who were written off last summer) could even take it ;)
England vs Italy?
I like the dream. Could actually win on pd.

It's just espn scrum. Just in a private kind of league- there's about 15 of us or so.

Ardemax
24-02-2013, 06:25 PM
England vs Italy?
I like the dream. Could actually win on pd.

It's just espn scrum. Just in a private kind of league- there's about 15 of us or so.

You should join Ruggit (pin: 23294 ;))

Teabags
24-02-2013, 09:29 PM
You should join Ruggit (pin: 23294 ;))
I'll check it out tomorrow.
Have a gander through and that.

Zak
25-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I think I'd go for:
9 Youngs
10 Farrell
11 North
12 Barritt/Roberts
13 BOD
14 Manu Tuilagi
15 Halfpenny

I hate Ashton too, he's useless. He's just in the right place at the right time majority of the time. Can't tackle at all.

I see no doubt that Halfpenny will be playing 15 though or Farrell at 10 now Sexton is injured.

Teabags
25-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I hate Ashton too, he's useless. He's just in the right place at the right time majority of the time. Can't tackle at all.

I see no doubt that Halfpenny will be playing 15 though or Farrell at 10 now Sexton is injured.
Farrell > Sexton surely?

Zak
26-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Farrell > Sexton surely?

I think Sexton is a better player but Farrell is fast improving.

Ardemax
08-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Here we go again, ladies.

Saturday 9th March
Scotland Vs Wales (KO 14:30PM)
Ireland Vs France (KO 17:00PM)

Sunday 10th March
England Vs Italy (KO 15:00PM)

What are your thoughts and feelings for the penultimate round of games? I'm going with a win for Wales (just), Ireland and England (by a cricket score).

Zak
08-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Wales Win
Ireland Win
England Win

Teabags
10-03-2013, 11:22 PM
missed the french game :l
really thought Italy were going to turn it round in the second half.

Roll on Wales v England! Ardemax

Ardemax
11-03-2013, 05:32 PM
missed the french game :l
really thought Italy were going to turn it round in the second half.

Roll on Wales v England! @Ardemax (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=45877)

Wasn't quite the fairy tale ending for Italy but oh well.

The atmosphere in Cardiff this week will be electric. Let's hope for the right result :D

Zak
11-03-2013, 10:32 PM
England vs Italy was AWFUL

Kardan
11-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Let's go for something different:

1) England
2) Wales
3) France
4) Ireland
5) Italy
6) Scotland

Swap France and Scotland and I've got it ;) Shame that they're the wrong way round and there's a game left to play :P

Phil
11-03-2013, 11:00 PM
This tournament is actually depressing at this stage... I just want it all to end :'(

Teabags
11-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Wales have to beat England by 12 points to win the whole thing.
Thought Scotland could've topped Wales if they hadn't given away so many penalties.

Really could be anyone's game. Little bit nervous that Wales could win.

Ardemax
12-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Wales have to beat England by 12 points to win the whole thing.
Thought Scotland could've topped Wales if they hadn't given away so many penalties.

Really could be anyone's game. Little bit nervous that Wales could win.

I thought it was more like 8? Or I may be daydreaming haha.

Anyone's game though ;) England favourites at this stage.

j0rd
12-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I thought it was more like 8? Or I may be daydreaming haha.

Anyone's game though ;) England favourites at this stage.

Yea its 8, so totally possible!

Ardemax
12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Yea its 8, so totally possible!

Without Ryan Jones it will be tough, but we'll see :D

Teabags
12-03-2013, 06:32 PM
j0rd
Ardemax
my bad!
Makes it even more worrying. Do wonder who will be at 10 for England though.

Ardemax
13-03-2013, 09:52 PM
This tournament is actually depressing at this stage... I just want it all to end :'(

It's not all bad... you've got Italy next ;)

@j0rd (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=56465)
my bad!
Makes it even more worrying. Do wonder who will be at 10 for England though.

I am genuinely it becomes the game of the tournament. How good would that be!

Teabags
13-03-2013, 11:12 PM
It's not all bad... you've got Italy next ;)

I am genuinely it becomes the game of the tournament. How good would that be!
As exciting as it will be, I do sort of hope it's not going to be a game of fine margins - with just a low scoring kicking game.
Would like a couple of tries or so, but a consistently close score will be tense whatever.

j0rd
14-03-2013, 01:09 AM
So stoked for the weekend, supposed to be working at 6 but already said i'm not turning in :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybnTkrYbRI

j0rd
16-03-2013, 06:16 PM
England?
What an amazing game

Ardemax
17-03-2013, 12:02 AM
England?
What an amazing game

I have never been so thrilled to see Wales win a game. It was such an intense and exciting game I couldn't really have asked for a better way to finish off the 6N.

I think everyone's predictions were wrong, though.

wixard
17-03-2013, 12:11 AM
I have never been so thrilled to see Wales win a game. It was such an intense and exciting game I couldn't really have asked for a better way to finish off the 6N.

I think everyone's predictions were wrong, though.

embarrassed by my prediction

Ardemax
17-03-2013, 12:21 AM
embarrassed by my prediction

Was yours the one that had Ireland and France placed at the top? Well it wasn't such a bad guess in the beginning...

Teabags
18-03-2013, 05:19 PM
really shocked. Wales outplayed the English & deserved the win.
Ardemax

know it might sound a little unsportsmanlike and cliche but the referee was terrible across the board.

Ardemax
18-03-2013, 06:20 PM
really shocked. Wales outplayed the English & deserved the win.

know it might sound a little unsportsmanlike and cliche but the referee was terrible across the board.

Steve Walsh is known for his dislike of England yes, but I don't think it would have cleared a 27-point deficit. Had Farrell brought his kicking game (and most of the English players brought their rugby game), then things may have been different :P

Teabags
18-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Steve Walsh is known for his dislike of England yes, but I don't think it would have cleared a 27-point deficit. Had Farrell brought his kicking game (and most of the English players brought their rugby game), then things may have been different :P
haha.
England were a different team. Did thing that they were going to be outmuscled - hats off at 27-point difference.
Missed tackles for England were appalling, but when you compared Cuthbert + North against Ashton (who has the most missed tackles of the games) was always going to win.

Sure the celebrations would've been good in Wales that night though!
Was happy for Italy to break some records this time around.

Ardemax
18-03-2013, 08:04 PM
haha.
England were a different team. Did thing that they were going to be outmuscled - hats off at 27-point difference.
Missed tackles for England were appalling, but when you compared Cuthbert + North against Ashton (who has the most missed tackles of the games) was always going to win.

Sure the celebrations would've been good in Wales that night though!
Was happy for Italy to break some records this time around.

I was so relieved when I saw Ashton was starting. I can't thank you guys enough xD
I think it's a nice way to say "we're back" after losing 8 international matches on the bounce (not good).

I was so surprised to see Tuilagi being stopped as soon as he got the ball! But hats off to the Italians, really giving it to the French & Irish :)

Zak
18-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Steve Walsh was totally biased all game... plus he didn't know the rules come scrum time. Dan Cole and Tom Youngs don't get annoyed for any old reason.... amazing that when they took Adam Jones off England could actually contest the scrums. Adam Jones... binding on the arm forcing scrum to collapse. Robbed, enough said

Ardemax
18-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Steve Walsh was totally biased all game... plus he didn't know the rules come scrum time. Dan Cole and Tom Youngs don't get annoyed for any old reason.... amazing that when they took Adam Jones off England could actually contest the scrums. Adam Jones... binding on the arm forcing scrum to collapse. Robbed, enough said

You genuinely think the referee robbed you of a 27 point game? Sure he made bad decisions in places, but England were truly outplayed on the day.

You can't go into a game expecting to win it.

Zak
19-03-2013, 10:34 AM
You genuinely think the referee robbed you of a 27 point game? Sure he made bad decisions in places, but England were truly outplayed on the day.

You can't go into a game expecting to win it.

Bad decisions lead to points scoring opportunities .... to which Wales took. They played well don't get me wrong, but if they beat us by nearly x3 what they beat Scotland. That's just injustice.

He's an awful ref and should be struck off perm, even Barnsey would have been better and he's awful too

Ardemax
19-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Bad decisions lead to points scoring opportunities .... to which Wales took. They played well don't get me wrong, but if they beat us by nearly x3 what they beat Scotland. That's just injustice.

He's an awful ref and should be struck off perm, even Barnsey would have been better and he's awful too

The two tries weren't set up by bad decisions. Farrell had his chance to add points, but fluffed them.

You may call it injustice, but I just call it being outplayed. I genuinely don't mean that in a snobbish way but I'm agreeing with what Lancaster said.

Zak
20-03-2013, 08:55 AM
The two tries weren't set up by bad decisions. Farrell had his chance to add points, but fluffed them.

You may call it injustice, but I just call it being outplayed. I genuinely don't mean that in a snobbish way but I'm agreeing with what Lancaster said.

Yeh they were outplayed, Wales played really well as expected. I just don't think the margin was justified.. Wales deserved to win the match itself :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!