PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Teachers

Ewannn
01-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Some teachers are honestly too far up their own arse

Not bragging but I've done web design since I was 10 and programming since I was 11. It's something I'm huge on and the only thing I want to do when I'm older is programming for a games company or freelance web design.

We got school reports a week ago and my computing teacher tells me I'm easily distracted and make no effort in class. He didnt mention I got 100% on my test?

Also, my physics teacher mentioned all the bad points but never mentioned that I got 93% on my Physics test.

Teachers like this really annoy me.

One time, my computing teacher never even turned up for a lesson. He tries to tell us that HTML is one of the most complicated things to code.

He's just generally stupid and focuses more on being funny than teaching.

</rant>

dbgtz
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
If you're doing GCSEs I imagine most computing teachers are just recycled ICT teachers. As for the rest, get over it; the only thing that really matters is the end result.

Catchy
02-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Snotty kids really annoy me, don't see me complaining... I'm sure you'll live if you're as excellent as you say :)

Cerys
02-02-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree a little bit tbh.

My maths teacher; he's too busy currently telling us christmas jokes e
g. Its snow joke. He doesnt actually teach us.
and my old biology teacher. I was getting a*s on all mocks I did, but because I never did homework or asked questions in class, she told my mum I was going to fail and that I'm a disgrace etc

But yeah, despite all this it doesnt stop me from knowing what I need and doing well in the class. Just because they point out the bad things doesn't stop you getting the grades you want, right?

garriet
02-02-2013, 09:36 AM
maybe those teachers are right with the attitude you have. if you were really into computing you would care what your teacher said as you know you want a job in computing when you're older or whatever so you need to be the best that you can in those lessons and not just not make the effort because you think you know it all already. they haven't really picked out the bad things anyway because they're clearly things to improve which can make you the best you can be

Tom
02-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Let's be honest here, if a teacher put "Wow, he's amazing and does everything right. Gets 93% on Physics and 100% on this blah blah" then you're not going to be motivated to continue with the term/the next term are you? You're just going to think you're great and don't need to put in the effort.

With the trying to be funny thing, it's hard to entertain kids today since most of them are becoming too big for their boots - so to make you learn more, they have to equal out being funny and teaching a lesson so you don't get bored. Whereas, if there was actual discipline in a classroom they wouldn't need to be.

Maybe you should listen to your report and not get so easily distracted and make more effort in class (effort could be helping people, answering more questions etc.)

Empired
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
maybe those teachers are right with the attitude you have. if you were really into computing you would care what your teacher said as you know you want a job in computing when you're older or whatever so you need to be the best that you can in those lessons and not just not make the effort because you think you know it all already. they haven't really picked out the bad things anyway because they're clearly things to improve which can make you the best you can be
Yeah this exactly.

Remember that it's not just about grades. Places you might want to work for in the future don't just care about grades anymore but they care about your attitude, your punctuality, reliability, etc. Sometimes they'd much rather choose someone who gets **, but is constantly upbeat, never late and enthusiastic about their job over someone getting A*s but thinks they know everything.

Teachers don't say things in reports simply to get you in trouble. It's their job to tell your parents how they really think you're doing. If you're going to take the attitude that they're stupid, spiteful and know nothing, maybe the report was right.

Okeanos
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Doing well on a test doesn't mean you're a good student. If you are easily distracted in class you are likely to distract others too so your teacher was perfectly justified in mentioning it irrespective of your test results.

Teaching kids who think they know everything is really annoying too.

dirrty
02-02-2013, 03:05 PM
highlight problems more so you can improve on them > discussing areas that you're already good at since you don't need to improve there.

lawrawrrr
02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
If you know you're good then you probably don't spend that much time on the work because you can do it quickly, leaving time to distract. Fair, you're doing the work but that doesn't mean teachers will worship the ground you walk on.

At the end of the day, what a teacher says doesn't really matter, it's the end result, but they are there to help you and most importantly ensure you and everyone around you gets the full education experience. That sometimes means that they'll criticise you. You're at school to learn, you don't get to pick and choose what, not until you're much older.

shiver
02-02-2013, 08:21 PM
gosh it's only gcse who cares
just focus on getting decent grades if you're good enough to get them, since that's all that really matters

Shar
02-02-2013, 09:06 PM
That's like. In the real world you've gotta put up with people like that so just keep on track with those grades and try and ignore the teachers when they're being "idiots"

Samantha
02-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Some replies are correct in saying that if teachers are only going to sing your praises then you'll think you could just get by whereas if they cover the negatives alongside some positives it may motivate you to do that bit better. The only problem I see wrong here is that you aren't getting positive feedback apart from when you do well in a test and not really by your teacher which could also demotivate you.

I'd suggest you just knuckle down, give them more to praise you for as well because no one is perfect, they'll know you want to go into computing after education but remember, for now they're your teachers and they are there for a job and hopefully trying to help you.

In reports though I think both positive and negative things should be addressed, even if it's just saying that you got a high mark on a recent test, it helps sometimes.

Glen Coco
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
wow, you seem pretty stuck up.
just because you thin that you're god's gift an d you manage to do work quickly doesnt mean that everyone in your class can ad maybe you are distracting them. you need to learn that it's not jut you in the room.

Zak
13-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Some teachers are honestly too far up their own arse

Not bragging but I've done web design since I was 10 and programming since I was 11. It's something I'm huge on and the only thing I want to do when I'm older is programming for a games company or freelance web design.

We got school reports a week ago and my computing teacher tells me I'm easily distracted and make no effort in class. He didnt mention I got 100% on my test?

Also, my physics teacher mentioned all the bad points but never mentioned that I got 93% on my Physics test.

Teachers like this really annoy me.

One time, my computing teacher never even turned up for a lesson. He tries to tell us that HTML is one of the most complicated things to code.

He's just generally stupid and focuses more on being funny than teaching.

</rant>

Majority of teachers aren't actually that skilled at programming.

To teach at GCSE level actually requires very little knowledge (esp programming). Saying that they usually have a strict curriculum plan to stick to and need not teach you anymore than the curriculum requires. Most teaching is very uniformed too as they will teach (virtually) the same stuff year after year with very little experience, or no experience, working in that field in the real world.

Sounds to me as though you probably know more than your teacher does about web programming.

I focus on the positive aspects of my students in order to encourage them. I try to stray away from the negative points unless necessary.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!