PDA

View Full Version : Asda 'Magic' Interview

Foregetfuhl
13-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, I have an interview tomorrow at 9am-1pm (IKR 4 HOURS?!?!)

Anyway, just wondered if anyone has had an asda magic interview and what kind of things I expect, I have the jist of it from other online discussions and what they said in an e-mail but would be nice to have the views from other people whom I actually speak to!

Kieran
13-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Funny that you have an interview for 4 hours for ASDA. I have an interview on the 19th for 45 minutes for Aer Lingus to fly their planes.. Haha

MKR&*42
13-02-2013, 08:40 PM
4 hours? Oh my. I've never had one unfortunately, but I wish you the best of luck with it! :)

Foregetfuhl
13-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I know, 4 hours is ridiculous, but the list of things we have to do is ENDLESS, I wouldn't mind I have an interview on Tuesday for sports direct and its 15 minutes long. So obviously Asda just want to take up my whole day -_-

MKR&*42
13-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Foregetfuhl; is it a group interview or don't you know?

Foregetfuhl
13-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Foregetfuhl; is it a group interview or don't you know?

Yeah its a group interview, about 10-12 people, which includes like team building exercises and what not. Then we get to 'Have a go' off the job so stacking the shelves and what not. Then we get to watch videos and fill in questionnaires and whatever else they decide to throw at us.

MKR&*42
13-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah its a group interview, about 10-12 people, which includes like team building exercises and what not. Then we get to 'Have a go' off the job so stacking the shelves and what not. Then we get to watch videos and fill in questionnaires and whatever else they decide to throw at us.

Oh, I've always thought group interviews were quite a silly method of selection and probably quite daunting for a few people. The rest of it doesn't sound too bad though :P

Foregetfuhl
13-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh, I've always thought group interviews were quite a silly method of selection and probably quite daunting for a few people. The rest of it doesn't sound too bad though :P

Everything else sounds find to me. Just do not like the idea of team building exercises :/ but we'll see!

zombies
13-02-2013, 09:05 PM
i dont know if this helps but with my Tesco interview, it was a group interview and we all discussed basically how we'd work as a team, and then they made us work.

Samantha
13-02-2013, 10:09 PM
When I had my induction at Home Bargains my shift was 4 hours long, I basically did till work and found out how to work on that, then onto floor work where I learnt how to work on that too. At the start I also had to fill in any forms or read up on rules etc. I was on an induction with 2 other people. One of them had the same roles as me and the other worked on the floor as that was going to be his main role. So maybe it'll be like you're also working there too?

Deak
13-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Never done any interviews which lasted 4 hrs ... ( lol ?! )

Good luck with it & hopefully however long it lasts it will be worth it :)

Aaron
14-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Funny that you have an interview for 4 hours for ASDA. I have an interview on the 19th for 45 minutes for Aer Lingus to fly their planes.. Haha

Woohoo, Aer Lingus! :) Wow, 45 minutes interview to be a pilot and then she has a 4 hour interview - crazy!

Best of luck in the interview Jade, hopefully it doesn't tire you out too much! :P

Shockwave.2CC
14-02-2013, 03:10 AM
I got to go to this thing for intraining and it lasts 6hrs!! today (14th)

Good Luck in your interview

Foregetfuhl
14-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Just got back, interview was actually quite fun and interesting. We had to build a sculpture out of marshmellows and spaghetti. Which actually was really good :) x

Catchy
14-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Just got back, interview was actually quite fun and interesting. We had to build a sculpture out of marshmellows and spaghetti. Which actually was really good :) x

Selection days usually are quite fun, I've been to a few and really enjoyed them. If you're good with people and it shows then you have no worries really. I have uni interviews coming up soon which all go on all day, some with group exercises some not sure ill be fine!! good luck anyways

Cerys
14-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Woahh that sounds like fun!

I can't wait to be old enough to actually apply for real jobs etc. Would love to have an interview like that c:

I hope the outcome is good x

Meanies
14-02-2013, 09:38 PM

omg that sounds fun i've only ever had one on one interviews with just chatting :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!