PDA

View Full Version : HSBC Employment Technique

AlexJRiley
13-03-2013, 04:34 PM
So I just had an interview with HSBC and apparently I don't have the qualities HSBC are looking for.

They assessed me on 3 things; My ability to go out of the way to helps others
My ability to interject when I think something is wrong
And my speaking skills (politeness, conduct etc.)

For the first 2 parts of my assessment I was asked questions based around what they were assessing me on and I gave multiple answers to the questions I was asked.

When I finished my interview I was put on hold (it was done via phone call) to have my interview assessed.
The man came back after putting me on hold and told me that they wouldn't be processing my application any further based on 1 thing. He told me that he found me to be very polite and spoke very well and that my ability to help others was fine but I lacked in interjecting when something is wrong.

The main example he pinpointed was that when I was at college I noticed a student being bullied, I spoke to the student found out what was happening then took the problem to the colleges management. He said that because I didn't confront the bully directly that I didn't have what HSBC are looking for.

So now here is my problem, because I wasn't in a position of authority where I could interject and resolve the problem myself I'm not good enough for HSBC. Which quite frankly has made me feel pretty crap about myself.

mrwoooooooo
13-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Move on. Forget about it and remember that if you're half as good as you think you are then it's their loss

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Demi
20-03-2013, 10:27 PM
So I just had an interview with HSBC and apparently I don't have the qualities HSBC are looking for.

They assessed me on 3 things; My ability to go out of the way to helps others
My ability to interject when I think something is wrong
And my speaking skills (politeness, conduct etc.)

For the first 2 parts of my assessment I was asked questions based around what they were assessing me on and I gave multiple answers to the questions I was asked.

When I finished my interview I was put on hold (it was done via phone call) to have my interview assessed.
The man came back after putting me on hold and told me that they wouldn't be processing my application any further based on 1 thing. He told me that he found me to be very polite and spoke very well and that my ability to help others was fine but I lacked in interjecting when something is wrong.

The main example he pinpointed was that when I was at college I noticed a student being bullied, I spoke to the student found out what was happening then took the problem to the colleges management. He said that because I didn't confront the bully directly that I didn't have what HSBC are looking for.

So now here is my problem, because I wasn't in a position of authority where I could interject and resolve the problem myself I'm not good enough for HSBC. Which quite frankly has made me feel pretty crap about myself.

Wouldn't put yourself down about it, HSBC is a hard company to crack and get in to, remember you can always try again!

GoldenMerc
20-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Im currently pretty much employed by HSBC and it took nearly 3 weeks for them to get through all my information, Had to have 5 years of past employment (maximum gap is 2 weeks altogether) and you must proove you have worked also, so cash in hand, job seekers = null.

All in all for a secure job, way worth it

Cerys
21-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Tbh I would have interjected or whatever saying the result is wrong and I should be reconsidered ;)

But don't feel bad - I assume that you're one of many to try get the position so clearly they're going to choose the best and only the best. If you get put down every time you're rejected for a job, life will be tough

Catchy
21-03-2013, 07:17 PM
It may seem like such a small thing but they'll pick out the smallest things to whittle down applicants. Like others have said, move on from it, learn and keep going.

Bradley.
21-03-2013, 11:42 PM
well i think that's stupid lol interjecting a situation in HSBC is totally different to interjecting a bully, they could've beat you up!! idiots

AlexJRiley
22-03-2013, 12:37 AM
well i think that's stupid lol interjecting a situation in HSBC is totally different to interjecting a bully, they could've beat you up!! idiots

Plus its a construction college, lots of tools. I could of easily ended up dead.

IceNineKills
23-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Plus its a construction college, lots of tools. I could of easily ended up dead.

highly doubt someone at collage would kill you for confronting them.

AlexJRiley
23-03-2013, 11:59 AM
highly doubt someone at collage would kill you for confronting them.

Its a pretty rough college, fights constantly. Its not unknown for a fight to break out involving tools as weapons there

IceNineKills
23-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Its a pretty rough college, fights constantly. Its not unknown for a fight to break out involving tools as weapons there

it's collage, they'll jst get kicked out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!