PDA

View Full Version : Your Lions 2013 Selection

Ardemax
25-03-2013, 01:35 PM
With the Six Nations drawn to a close, it's time to pick the English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh players you would take on the plane down under.

Feel free to post your subs :)

I'll start off:
1. Vunipola//Best
2. Hibbard
3. A.Jones
4. Gray//Wyn Jones
5. Evans
6. Robshaw//R.Jones
7. Tipuric//Warburton
8. Heaslip
9. Laidlaw//Phillips
10. Sexton//Biggar
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Tuilagi
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny//Hogg

A slight bias, but a fair reflection imo. Who's in your Lions "dream" team? :)

Yupt
25-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Best
Hibbard
Jones
Ryan
Gray
Warburton
Tipuric
Morgan

Laidlaw
Sexton
Scott
Tuilagi
Cuthbert
Halfpenny

Again, probably biased but I do believe that this is the team. gone for Matt Scott in the centres because I believe that with high quality ball he will shine. V. good player.

Other players who must go are Farrell, Alun Wyn Jones, Robshaw, Hogg, Visser, Maitland.

j0rd
25-03-2013, 07:09 PM
If Halfpenny doesn't get in the squad in front of Hogg then something is wrong. HP outplayed Hogg through the whole tournament.

Zak
26-03-2013, 10:29 AM
If Halfpenny doesn't get in the squad in front of Hogg then something is wrong. HP outplayed Hogg through the whole tournament.

I'd be gobsmacked if Halfpenny isn't 15.

I'll do my list later. Jones won't be 3 either :P Halfpenny will defo be my 15 though :P

Ardemax
26-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Best
Hibbard
Jones
Ryan
Gray
Warburton
Tipuric
Morgan

Laidlaw
Sexton
Scott
Tuilagi
Cuthbert
Halfpenny

Again, probably biased but I do believe that this is the team. gone for Matt Scott in the centres because I believe that with high quality ball he will shine. V. good player.

Other players who must go are Farrell, Alun Wyn Jones, Robshaw, Hogg, Visser, Maitland.

You'd take Cuthbert over North?!

Yupt
26-03-2013, 09:08 PM
You'd take Cuthbert over North?!

I seem to have completely left North out there. oops. I only named 14 there, don't know why. Ofc North would be at 11 and Cuthburt at 14.

Zak
27-03-2013, 11:13 AM
1. Vunipola
2.Hibbard
3.D Cole
4.Wyn Jones
5. Evans
6. R Jones
7. Robshaw
8. T Woods
9. Laidlaw/Phillips
10. Farrell
11. North
12. Marshall
13. Tuilagi -- really unsure on tuilagi with marhsall at 12 :( I like L Marshall tho, even if he does knock himself out in every match :P
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

Messy ass team, probably an awful choice but those are the players I think deserve it :P

Ardemax
27-03-2013, 04:15 PM
1. Vunipola
2.Hibbard
3.D Cole
4.Wyn Jones
5. Evans
6. R Jones
7. Robshaw
8. T Woods
9. Laidlaw/Phillips
10. Farrell
11. North
12. Marshall
13. Tuilagi -- really unsure on tuilagi with marhsall at 12 :( I like L Marshall tho, even if he does knock himself out in every match :P
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

Messy ass team, probably an awful choice but those are the players I think deserve it :P

Your choice of having Ryan Jones but not Tipuric is an odd one, but unique I suppose :P

Zak
27-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Your choice of having Ryan Jones but not Tipuric is an odd one, but unique I suppose :P

Yeh I don't think I'd be a very good manager :( I just like Robshaw's charisma and ability to lead! Not too picky at 7 tbh but T Woods is defo my number 8!!!

Ardemax
27-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeh I don't think I'd be a very good manager :( I just like Robshaw's charisma and ability to lead! Not too picky at 7 tbh but T Woods is defo my number 8!!!

Each to their own :D Robshaw is class though. The whole England team will be the ones to beat in 3/4 years imo.

Zak
27-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Each to their own :D Robshaw is class though. The whole England team will be the ones to beat in 3/4 years imo.

Young team! We were doing so well until we met Wales :(

Ardemax
27-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Young team! We were doing so well until we met Wales :(

Big fish in a small pond soon entered the big pond :P

Yupt
28-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Big fish in a small pond soon entered the big pond :P

Wales also have lots of young exciting talent coming through which I think combined which, with the young squad we already have, can match England.

Eli Walker
Matthew Morgan
Cory Allen
Jack Phillips

Just to name a few.

And, regarding the lions, I think the hardest choice is in that back row and obviously the captaincy. The four from Wales of Warburton, Lydiate, Tipuric and Faletau is a headache enough let alone when you add in players such as Robshaw and Morgan.

Ardemax
28-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Wales also have lots of young exciting talent coming through which I think combined which, with the young squad we already have, can match England.

Eli Walker
Matthew Morgan
Cory Allen
Jack Phillips

Just to name a few.

And, regarding the lions, I think the hardest choice is in that back row and obviously the captaincy. The four from Wales of Warburton, Lydiate, Tipuric and Faletau is a headache enough let alone when you add in players such as Robshaw and Morgan.

I'm gutted we didn't see any of them play in the 6N. Oh well they'll have their chance.

I'm actually super excited for the Lions tour. It's only like 3 months now isn't it?

Yupt
28-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm gutted we didn't see any of them play in the 6N. Oh well they'll have their chance.

I'm actually super excited for the Lions tour. It's only like 3 months now isn't it?

Eli Walker is injured and has just had an operation - he is out for the remainder of the Pro 12 Season and is also likely to miss the summer tours, so no international caps for him till next 6N potentially.

Ardemax
28-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Eli Walker is injured and has just had an operation - he is out for the remainder of the Pro 12 Season and is also likely to miss the summer tours, so no international caps for him till next 6N potentially.

Well at least he is the only decent Welsh player that's been injured in the last 12 months*
​*sarcasm

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!