PDA

View Full Version : What if Money Didn't matter?

bondyboy99
13-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Iv'e just been looking around facebook and came across this video. Its made me think about what matters in life, and that money isn't everything.

Please watch this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpkQPVm8zx8

James
13-04-2013, 06:01 PM
If money were no object, I would live out in the country side by a lake and never have to work again.
Enjoying the views and fishing whenever I can. :)

Kyle
13-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I saw this (well, the lecture quote) on zenpencils (http://zenpencils.com/comic/98-alan-watts-what-if-money-was-no-object/) earlier this year. Nothing is really worth doing if you're not going to enjoy it but sadly money is what makes the world around and sometimes you have to compromise!

Adam
13-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I wish I lived in a time when money didn't exist. Causes more problems than it solves.

Matthew
13-04-2013, 09:10 PM
There's a nice meaning behind the video but, well, money DOES matter.

bondyboy99
13-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I would rather have no money and be happy than all the money in the world and be not.

scottish
13-04-2013, 09:27 PM
pretty sure i posted this like a year ago lol, but yeah it's a decent video and would be good if it was that simple but money does matter :P

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 10:29 PM ----------

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=765129&highlight=money

5 months ago, same thing

David
13-04-2013, 09:33 PM
pretty sure i posted this like a year ago lol, but yeah it's a decent video and would be good if it was that simple but money does matter :P

5 months ago, same thing

lol you closed it because people didnt understand the question ;l

scottish
13-04-2013, 09:34 PM
it's annoying tho ;l

everyone kept replying as if they're gonna have unlimited money but clearly the point is money has no value, so having 5000 billion would mean nothing its meant to make you think not write down your dreams after you win the lottery ;l

bondyboy99
13-04-2013, 09:55 PM

5 months ago, same thing

I Actually didn't even know haha

Matthew
13-04-2013, 09:59 PM
I would rather have no money and be happy than all the money in the world and be not.

but how, in the real world, can you be happy with no money?

whereas, IMO, money can buy you happiness.

A boring job may bore me to death, but if it is well paid then the car I'll earn from it would certainly make me happy, etc

scottish
13-04-2013, 10:04 PM

A boring job may bore me to death, but if it is well paid then the car I'll earn from it would certainly make me happy, etc

I know I wouldn't be happy without money.

Money might not solely buy you happiness but it aids it, I'd need money for 'security' or whatever, especially if raising kids and the ability to give them stuff that makes them happy and a good life would make me happy.

Matthew
13-04-2013, 10:06 PM
I know I wouldn't be happy without money.

Money might not solely buy you happiness but it aids it, I'd need money for 'security' or whatever, especially if raising kids and the ability to give them stuff that makes them happy and a good life would make me happy.

yeah I agree. Unless everyone in the world abandoned money, I would never be happy without it. I'd be at a disadvantage if nothing else :P

Life would be too much of a struggle without money for it to be happy IMO

bondyboy99
13-04-2013, 10:09 PM

Of course but you spend more time at work than what you do in your car, this is why i would rather do something i like, that dosn't pay as much than something that bores me to death but pays more?

Im not arguing just my point of view

scottish
13-04-2013, 10:14 PM
the point in the video is more of a if money meant nothing though

so say you got paid 50k no matter what job you done, what would you really want to do with your life

Samantha
13-04-2013, 10:20 PM
I'd probably just settle with what I'd need in life, only a few luxuries etc., but live a different life style than I do now probably :P.

royltan
16-04-2013, 03:40 AM
I think in today's world money is not everything but necessity. That's what we need to have it in every case, so that we could at least manage to get necessities. And if it does not matter, it all about our relations, friends and society which is more important in life.

-:Undertaker:-
16-04-2013, 07:47 AM
The thought of a warm bed warms me up inside and makes me happy, and a warm bed of course costs money.

I don't think wealth is the problem - the problem is self restraint from wealth to love, family to friends etc.

Sian
16-04-2013, 07:57 AM
I might actually like the world I have to live in, people would be so different, hopefully in a good way.

Teabags
16-04-2013, 11:42 AM
If people did exactly what they wanted to do, people surely wouldn't be happy?
I can't see it being some people's life long ambition to work as a shop assistant etc.

On a brighter note, you probably should aim for what you want to do.

Yawn
16-04-2013, 01:02 PM
then a lot of fat and/or ugly rich ppl would be single

CaptainAce
16-04-2013, 03:09 PM
In terms of being happy money isn't needed. But if money didn't matter the world could either be a bigger warzone then it is due to there being nothing to work for or perhaps even do. Or it could be rather peaceful because everyone wouldn't always have to struggle.

Narnat,
16-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't think you need money to be happy but I think that it is a factor which could help!

JACKTARD
17-04-2013, 12:32 PM
If money didn't matter then I'd still have come to uni for the experience but then got some **** little easy job and lived abroad. Definitely abroad!!

AgnesIO
17-04-2013, 04:49 PM
My passion is travelling. I love meeting amazing people, experiencing incredible cultures, trying delicious food. I love making contacts for life.

I cannot feasibly just do this - I cannot get on an aeroplane without money. I cannot hire taxis, rickshaws, bikes without money. I cannot find accommodation without money.

In that respect, money is essential for me.

Shar
17-04-2013, 06:37 PM
money matters a lot and often comes between people and causes a lot of issues. we need it for security etc but unfortunately human beings do not know how to manage it. we were the ones who came up with the system after all.

Grig
07-05-2013, 09:09 PM
My philosophy is to pick something that you enjoy doing, then become so good at it that they'll pay you to do it.

We live in a money-centric world, but those who tend to use the above philosophy usually end up happier.

Aiden
08-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Money will always matter so theres no need to dream. :)

Kardan
08-05-2013, 08:09 AM
The world would fall apart if money meant nothing. Good luck going down the supermarket because: The supermarket is closed (nobody needs to work there)/there is nothing in stock (some fool bought everything because they could/no delieveries made anymore). Basically if you want anything you will need to trade for it, creating an economy again.

A world without money would not work, so I would rather money did matter :P

!x!dude!x!2
14-05-2013, 11:03 PM
life would be perfect . only if it was real

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!