PDA

View Full Version : Custom registration + Police

GoldenMerc
29-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Okay,

So
first part = police
second part = registration issues

Okay, So i was driving back from Sams at midnight and this weekend there was a hell of a lot of gypsies that stay in a field, cause a lot of havok etc, never the less was just driving home and the roads were dead, all the street lights off and i was head on with the police where I let them through and they went past and i went through (it was a 1 car space / road) never the less they then swiftly turned around and caught up with me, I was doing the speed limit etc... (MADE SURE OF IT) and they followed me to my drive and i turned in and they went to turn in then pulled out. then i put my car outside my house and walked in, like 5 mins after they pulled up and parked next to my car for a few mins, then went off again. The registration was BX62 TCO (which is a Black BMW 530d) which is a fairly common police car. Although iv searched it through the internet, can't find if its police or not, All im worried about is there has been quite a few car robberies (plus my cars have been stolen in the past around this time) and im not sure what to do? or how to find if it is police, My girlfriend says ring 101 which is a non emergency police number but not sure if they will reveal if its police or not :////

Second part

Okay, so wanting a custom registration, for example
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-PRIVATE-NUMBER-PLATE-CHERISHED-REGISTRATION-PERSONALISED-PLATE-/140946556695?_trksid=p5197.m2280&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D191%26meid%3D7291741141885769915%26pid%3D10 0068%26prg%3D1104%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D140946555765%26% 26clkid%3D7291741266152763127&_qi=RTM1178014
Where its spaced differently and also looks differently... Is this legal? Do police do anything about it?
Ross

Calvin
29-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Regarding the first part, I'm pretty sure if you ring that number then they will most likely search it up and tell you whether it's them or not. If it's not then you know to be aware, and they'll probably send officers around the area to check. If I was you though, I would check on that number.

Cerys
29-04-2013, 06:05 AM
I'd probably call them. And even if they don't give you the details of it, it doesn't hurt to try!
Sounds pretty suspicious if you ask me.
Though they could have just been checking up on you to make sure you're not doing anything weird out there.

Swearwolf
29-04-2013, 10:17 AM
they WILL tell you if it was police no questions asked

as for the plate it would have to be spaced as BM10 STU, your car would also need to be an original 10 plate or newer, some police dont care about spacing but it's technically illegal

GoldenMerc
29-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Rang them and they were pretty rude... They confirmed it was a police vehicle. Not telling me what he was doing snooping around my car though...

Adam
29-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Rang them and they were pretty rude... They confirmed it was a police vehicle. Not telling me what he was doing snooping around my car though...
That's all you need to know, though, really.

GoldenMerc
29-04-2013, 10:46 AM
That's all you need to know, though, really.

Yeh in terms of peace of mind thats all I need to know, I agree. Would be nice to know why they had to come back to my car and do what ever they were doing?

Adam
29-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeh in terms of peace of mind thats all I need to know, I agree. Would be nice to know why they had to come back to my car and do what ever they were doing?
Probably just checking if your plates/address and stuff match up is all.

GommeInc
29-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Probably just checking if your plates/address and stuff match up is all.
Most likely this.

The other explanation may be that your car matches a description of another car that may have been stolen or used in a crime. They followed you back to see where the car originates to see if there is any correlation.

As for the plates. it is illegal to have spaces dotted around a number plate e.g. ** LOST U as it may not be read by cameras or the police. It will have to be BMLO STU and I am certain there are meant to be numbers in there too, to make BM10 STU. Depends on the area though. Essex, for example, seems to like targeting cars with custom plates.

Metric1
30-04-2013, 12:39 AM
I should get this for my BMW

beth
30-04-2013, 08:33 AM
if there was trouble in the area, they were probably making sure you were just going home and not going to aggravate the scene. also it was midnight so they were also probably checking you were driving legit.

Adam
30-04-2013, 11:52 AM
I should get this for my BMW
and your mums car

Demi
01-05-2013, 03:53 PM

With robberies like you have said taken place before, probably just a check up?

Number plate, Plate must go on a 10 reg car or newer. Spacing, I would space it properly, causes more hassle.

xxMATTGxx
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
To be honest, they probably wouldn't know what they were up to around your area. I doubt it wasn't even logged if they were just looking around etc. There is also probably rules they have to follow and will just tell you the very basics like they did in confirming it was a Police car.

tdi
03-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Spacing a number plate in any way other than the official way it is spaced is not only illegal but makes the car look incredibly tacky.

danzooo
03-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Rang them and they were pretty rude...

Police in a nutshell iirc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!