PDA

View Full Version : Ever bunked school/work?

Aiden
08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
So, have you ever bunked school or called in sick for work when you wasn't?

I've only bunked class once I think, maybe twice but because of counseling the second time. The first time I bunked French. I left just before the end of lunch time and walked all the way home (30 mins) and then I got close to home and knew my mum would be mad so I went back :L. I missed it because I was in a fight before class and was paranoid to hell that the year 11's was going to kill me:L But I didn't get in trouble, no one even knew :P

Kardan
08-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Never left school... University however is a different story :P

Zak
08-05-2013, 10:06 AM
I got excluded from school for 'bunking off' for 3 months.. surprised it took that long. I missed the whole of year 11 but I still got to do my GCSEs.

Never work.

buttons
08-05-2013, 10:07 AM
i skive uni classes often lol cause they don't really care. mum never let me skive school, not even sports day!! :( i did go through a period of skiving english cause of these girls then my mum found out and refused to put me back until it was sorted. don't think id ever call sick into work unless i actually was, not including hangovers. the one time i skived a class on purpose (French cause everyone else was) i got detention but like people skived all the time and got detention and their parents did nothing, i got grounded...

GoldenMerc
08-05-2013, 10:10 AM
skived school all the time, don't really skive work though

mrwoooooooo
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Skied college a couple of times, but I'd never skive work - too Important

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Red
08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I hated missing school because I didn't like to fall behind but occasionally I took the odd day off if I had a lot of work and wanted to catch up. I hated games up until we got to go to local gym&pool so mum used to write me notes saying I was feeling unwell so I didn't have to do it. Oh and one time my gcse history teacher was pestering me about late coursework in class in front of everyone, when my granny and great granda had just died and I had came back to school to a mountain of work. So I snapped at him and walked out. ;p

sex
08-05-2013, 10:36 AM
yeah in my final 2 years all the time i would skip every Thursday cause it was P.E lol
i would also just randomly take days off sometimes

Aiden
08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
yeah in my final 2 years all the time i would skip every Thursday cause it was P.E lol

that wouldn't work at my old school, we had pe 3 days a week :L

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Used to take a lot of days off, not because of PE though :L

Normally Science and German lesson days...

Shar
08-05-2013, 10:53 AM
I used to miss a lot of school. College, uni and work - no I've never skived them.

Chris
08-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Nope I never have.

Ekelektra
08-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I've never skipped a class, I've got my mum to write me notes many of times to get out of sport things though.

Once I was a bit sick but went to school anyway, but when I got there realised that I had first period off which was my only important class and so I just went home. Didn't matter coz I hadn't been marked off on any rolls, but my friends were kinda confused why I'd been there in the morning and then randomly left.

sex
08-05-2013, 11:17 AM
that wouldn't work at my old school, we had pe 3 days a week :L

i can see why you hit your pe teacher i would be frustrated after 3 days of pe every week

Aiden
08-05-2013, 11:18 AM
i can see why you hit your pe teacher i would be frustrated after 3 days of pe every week

thanks for bringing that up :L and ikr

Liva
08-05-2013, 11:19 AM
I used to get mum to write me notes to get out of things all the time in high school. They were for things like gym class, and horrible excursions.
Now in college, I haven't gone to about 1-3 classes because I didn't want to.

David
08-05-2013, 11:26 AM
skipped quite a few different classes in my last few years, and all through high school i didn't do pe once.

Absently
08-05-2013, 11:43 AM
i used to skip a good bit and just get my boyfriend to write a note :P a few times in my final year, me and my friends would goto the library in town instead of going to school, but i dunno if that counts because we wanted to study. i remember one day we skipped and just went to mine, watched sky movies all day

Zelda
08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Not until I started sixth form this year.

Skipped most p.e lessons this year cause i'm useless at it anyway and the teachers don't care so just went home after lunch lmfao. p.e ended now for the rest of the time i'm at school anyway now so get to go home when lunch starts so don't need to do it no more :P

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Not until I started sixth form this year.

Skipped most p.e lessons this year cause i'm useless at it anyway and the teachers don't care so just went home after lunch lmfao. p.e ended now for the rest of the time i'm at school anyway now so get to go home when lunch starts so don't need to do it no more :P

Skipping school is not too damaging, skipping sixth form...that is a mistake haha

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Catchy
08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm on disciplinary at work for being off more than twice within 6 months or something silly like that :( think I was just too hungover to face it on both occasions. My worst excuse was I said a member of my family had died, I am going to hell!

FishFace,,
08-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I skived school all the time, I hated the teachers so i just didn't bother turning it up. I've skived college a few times, Never skived work. If i miss work, i don't get money!

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm on disciplinary at work for being off more than twice within 6 months or something silly like that :( think I was just too hungover to face it on both occasions. My worst excuse was I said a member of my family had died, I am going to hell!

Can they legally do that :S

Zelda
08-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Skipping school is not too damaging, skipping sixth form...that is a mistake haha

not p.e though ;P saves you from the torture that is exercise ;)

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 02:24 PM
not p.e though ;P saves you from the torture that is exercise ;)

Sixth form pe is pretty much all theory haha

I live exercise anyway though.

Cerys
08-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I think everone has tbh.
I claimed I was ill to get the day off etc.

But also I have a special 'deep support' sticker which lets me get out of any lessons I want to and just wander round school till I want to go back to lessons! Use this so much. Idk if you can class that as bunking off though

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I think everone has tbh.
I claimed I was ill to get the day off etc.

But also I have a special 'deep support' sticker which lets me get out of any lessons I want to and just wander round school till I want to go back to lessons! Use this so much. Idk if you can class that as bunking off though

What is a spot sticker for?

Zelda
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Sixth form pe is pretty much all theory haha

I live exercise anyway though.

o not for me sixth form p.e was literally you go play a sport they leave you alone to do it and you go home at 3;30 lmfao

Catchy
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Can they legally do that :S

yeah ofc they can lol, it's the same for most places that ur only allowed like 3 days off ill within a 6 month period. I probably phrased it wrong, I'm not sure if it's disciplinary or not but I've had to sign stuff, make targets etc and obviously it's being watched.

Cerys
08-05-2013, 02:41 PM
What is a spot sticker for?

Spot sticker? whaaat. you've got me so confused xD

FishFace,,
08-05-2013, 02:44 PM

I think they mean deep support sticker, what's it for? Lol

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 02:46 PM

Finger failed on a swiftkey style keyboard haha

Cerys
08-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I think they mean deep support sticker, what's it for? Lol

Ahaa right xP

Long story short, for people who can't handle lessons etc, like they have a breakdown occasionally in lessons or they have a mental problem etcetcetc. they usually go to a place called bridge and it's like a quiet room where you can chill out and stuff. wont go into my reasons for having it though ;P

lemons
08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
i have bunked a couple of PE lessons and haven't been to even one sports day during secondary school - so glad I don't have to do PE anymore though :P

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 03:08 PM
You can tell why so UK and USA have obesity problems lmao

Zelda
08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
not like p.e even helps you anyway cause people bad at sport wouldn't try anyway so bunking is just using their time better!

e5
08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
i used to always skive school lessons lolol, then i'd sometimes tell the teacher who asked me where I was that they did the register wrong

Mr-Trainor
08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I didn't go to my first lesson this morning (A). I've bunked a few times this year (year 13/college).

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
not like p.e even helps you anyway cause people bad at sport wouldn't try anyway so bunking is just using their time better!

Very lazy young people :L

Absently
08-05-2013, 04:28 PM
i feel like i'm the only one who enjoyed going to p.e., always had a laugh with friends :P

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 04:39 PM
i feel like i'm the only one who enjoyed going to p.e., always had a laugh with friends :P

PE was one of my favourite lessons :L

MKR&*42
08-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Oh I've skipped school and college loads.

And yes do not skip college it ruins stuff lmao, you can have the odd lesson off if you really cba but I still wouldn't advise it because that is why you fail exams.

Yawn
08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
yhhhhh loads. i havent been at uni since 1st week back from easter. cant be assed with it but its end of year so barely anything going on anyway

karter
08-05-2013, 04:58 PM
so many times lol

Kardan
08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Inkwell;

Why do you have PE in sixth form if you don't like it? Is it compulsory?

Derrener
08-05-2013, 05:47 PM
We have P.E for 2 hours on a Friday and like 25 people including me don't do it becuz for them 2 hours we are 'not feelin very well' or 'we have hurt a part of our body'

Kardan
08-05-2013, 05:49 PM
We have P.E for 2 hours on a Friday and like 25 people including me don't do it becuz for them 2 hours we are 'not feelin very well' or 'we have hurt a part of our body'

Why don't you like PE?

I was in two minds on it, I didn't mind the exercise or the competition, that was great. The only thing I disliked was that we were in mixed ability classes, so we had these sporty kids who would play football for the county, against me who knows nothing about football. Oh, and all the chavvy idiots who enjoy pulling each others shorts down yet call other people gay...

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Unbelievably how lazy people are. It really is.

Zelda
08-05-2013, 05:54 PM
@Inkwell (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=88462);

Why do you have PE in sixth form if you don't like it? Is it compulsory?

for the first two terms of year 12 at my school you have to do either p.e or volunteering on a wednesday afternoon, but me being stupid went for p,e instead lmao, but I sorta knew i'd get to go without doing it most weeks so that's probably why i picked

Kardan
08-05-2013, 05:55 PM
for the first two terms of year 12 at my school you have to do either p.e or volunteering on a wednesday afternoon, but me being stupid went for p,e instead lmao, but I sorta knew i'd get to go without doing it most weeks so that's probably why i picked

That's really strange :P My sixth form you just pick your A-Levels and get stuck with AS Citizenship as well (which I avoided :P)

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 05:58 PM
That's really strange :P My sixth form you just pick your A-Levels and get stuck with AS Citizenship as well (which I avoided :P)

Sat the AS Citizenship without having to do a single lesson on it at AS and got an A - so decided to continue doing it, should be a nice easy A*/A for my University offers :)

Mr-Trainor
08-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Ohh that's kind of like what my college does at the start of first year (year 12), except it's a range of activities instead e.g. photography, chess and there's loads to choose from - so you can find something you like, and no PE :D.

dbgtz
08-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Not so much with school, quite a bit with college.

Kardan
08-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Sat the AS Citizenship without having to do a single lesson on it at AS and got an A - so decided to continue doing it, should be a nice easy A*/A for my University offers :)

Nice, I had a friend that met the requirements to skip Citizenship but took it without lessons and got an A*, I was told it was a really easy exam and most of it was just common sense. I just couldn't be arsed with it personally, I didn't like RE or PSHE when I was younger anyway :P

Hollie
08-05-2013, 06:30 PM
missed a few lessons here and there when i couldn't be bothered to go in but usually do work at home still instead

Calum0812
08-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Been off site a few times but with permission.
I'm not enough of a bad ass :(

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Nice, I had a friend that met the requirements to skip Citizenship but took it without lessons and got an A*, I was told it was a really easy exam and most of it was just common sense. I just couldn't be arsed with it personally, I didn't like RE or PSHE when I was younger anyway :P

The paper I sat was pretty much half law, half politics.

I am aiming for an A* this year - got the right grade in January, just need to do well in 40 days time!

Jurv
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
i only ever skipped school if there was a trip and i wasn't going on it lol & i've not gone to quite a few of my college lessons #dntmesswidme

Inseriousity.
08-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Skived from university a few times because sometimes the modules overlap and I really cba learning the same stuff. School though, I don't really get. I mean you can't really go anywhere cos everyone would know you're meant to be at school and I couldn't go home because I didn't have a key or my parents would be there so you'd have to wait around in the freezing cold doing nothing.

xxMATTGxx
08-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Skived from university a few times because sometimes the modules overlap and I really cba learning the same stuff. School though, I don't really get. I mean you can't really go anywhere cos everyone would know you're meant to be at school and I couldn't go home because I didn't have a key or my parents would be there so you'd have to wait around in the freezing cold doing nothing.

Well you could fake being ill...

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Matt knows how it is done :L

Inseriousity.
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Well you could fake being ill...

Not with my parents you couldn't lol. could be dying from the bubonic plague (if you went to school you'll know what that is ;)) and they'd still say you're going to school, you *****!

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Not with my parents you couldn't lol. could be dying from the bubonic plague (if you went to school you'll know what that is ;)) and they'd still say you're going to school, you *****!

Aha, unlucky times.

Only problem with skiving is that it is addicting. Skive a few times, and it turns into a really, really bad habit.

Mark
08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Skived school once but it was the last few days and it went unnoticed. I've skived work once also haha!

Phil
08-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Skived off a few college classes but that doesn't really count because they don't care that much, does it?
I have off work ONCE! They wouldn't let me to go my girlfriends dads anniversary mass because I wasn't directly related so I just called in sick saying I had laryngitis

=Sam
08-05-2013, 11:33 PM
I used to skip classes a lot.

I was always too smart to get caught though, the education system in Australia and around the world in general was and still is ridiculous. In a particular way, encourage certain kids to skip school.

Daltron
09-05-2013, 02:23 AM
never at school, university though I skip like every second day since nothing is compulsory and I do pretty fine anyway

-:Undertaker:-
09-05-2013, 02:32 AM
A few times I was 'ill' in school (felt a bit eurgh but could have gone in kind of ill) and in Sixth Form I probably bunked a few out of tiredness, and in University the same - picked up attendance this term though so I don't think i've missed any willingly.

Narnat,
09-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Not school but I did skive college a lot

geo
09-05-2013, 02:24 PM
i think i skived quite a bit in year 9. don't really wanna go into it but i missed nearly 2-3 weeks overall when things got hard and just told my mum i was ill. like not a complete lie but it was nothing i couldn't deal with.

CrazyLemurs
11-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I have once faked being ill (well, exaggerated it to the point of "I AM ABOUT TO DIE") whilst I had a friend of my mum's looking after me for the week, but other than that never and I never would :P
Not even things like uni lmao where they dont keep as strict a record

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

Gibs960
11-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I used to bunk off a lot if I thought someone was going to have a go at me for something that happened last night on facebook or whatever. I remember one time though, a teacher was shouting at me saying I was gonna be in isolation for a day for my behaviour, so I just walked out of school, like a minute before the bell for the end of the day and got iso for another day. Ended up moving schools anyway cos I had to live with my dad. And my dad is dead strict about going to school and stuff.

AgnesIO
11-05-2013, 10:05 PM
I used to bunk off a lot if I thought someone was going to have a go at me for something that happened last night on facebook or whatever. I remember one time though, a teacher was shouting at me saying I was gonna be in isolation for a day for my behaviour, so I just walked out of school, like a minute before the bell for the end of the day and got iso for another day. Ended up moving schools anyway cos I had to live with my dad. And my dad is dead strict about going to school and stuff.

Aw not going in because of a facebook argument :L That is cute

I remember not going in because I hadn't done the homework lmao

Southe,
12-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Remember this well, i use to Bunk off Geography last block on a Monday and then Modern Studies last block on a Tuesday. Did it for around a month until we were caught. Was asked why i skipped those 2 classes and not History and said i actually enjoyed history unlike the other 2 that felt like a waste of time. Got given a 2 hour detention to catch up on the work i missed but half way through we were told to stop and help paint a classroom, then dip are hands in black paint and press them on the wall.

And college just went home early or on a Monday, My photography tutor was also my sign in tutor, so we would sign in at 9 and then grab our cameras and not have to be back until 2pm so would go up town and stuff and just take pictures of random things on way back. Not really bunking but still i miss college =/

Samantha
12-05-2013, 09:18 AM
In infant, junior and high school it was just pretending to be sick sometimes, but I didn't do it too much. I once got out of swimming because I really didn't want to do it anymore as we only had it for 3 weeks, but I love PE in general. Throughout college I always wanted to do PE, but I never knew when the groups were on.

In college, if a teacher let us do work outside of the classroom then I'd go home if I had frees after it or it was my last lesson as I'd rather do work at home. For a couple of days when my English and media work was due in I got my parents to ring me in sick so I could finish it all and after that I emailed my work to my teacher who didn't even bother checking his emails.

Overall, though I haven't bunked properly, I went to work an hour late last week, but I was on the rota wrong :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!