PDA

View Full Version : Student fakes kidnapping to distract parents from bad grades

Yawn
19-05-2013, 07:32 PM
A student faked his own kidnapping to distract his parents from his bad college grades.

Aftab Aslam failed his English class twice at Georgia Gwinnett College and believed the relief of him being 'returned' would soften the blow to his parents when they discovered his disappointing grades, the Daily Mail reports.

The 19-year-old purchased a mobile phone from Target on April 24, texting his parents three days later claiming to be a kidnapper who had their son.

The text stated that their son would be killed if the police were called. His parents contacted the authorities anyway, and the FBI was contacted to launch an "intensive investigation".

Appeals were made but they were unable to locate the so-called kidnapper or victim. Aslam is said to have lived in a tent in an open field for eight days as part of the stunt.

He returned home when the weather became cold and wet, telling his parents he had been drugged and held captive, before admitting he was responsible for the whole incident days later under cross-examination.

He has been charged with three felony counts each of false statements, tampering with evidence and terroristic threats.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a482711/student-fakes-kidnapping-to-distract-parents-from-bad-grades.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=twdsuk#ixzz2TlYkQVKU

pmsl

Spoltage
19-05-2013, 07:35 PM
idiots these days... he should have studied and got the grades in the first place. Sure he didn't get the grade and im sure his parents would be upset but they would also be supportive (if they are good parents) but instead he decided to drag his parents through hell and back and ended up with these bad concequences.

Sam

Yawn
19-05-2013, 07:37 PM
He returned home when the weather became cold and wet. this is my fav bit

Succubus
19-05-2013, 07:48 PM
lmao, people. The things they do to escape things. That's brilliant...

Aiden
20-05-2013, 03:01 AM
good hes getting pratice so when hes older and has a girl friend, he can run away from here and ruin her life ^_^

Empired
20-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Omg hahahahahaha. Those poor parents though..

I am confused as to why he is ok to sit in a field for 8 days but won't sit in his room for 5 hours or so and study :S

Calum0812
20-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Seriously? I mean seriously? Wow.....

Yawn
20-05-2013, 10:14 AM
this thread is amazing IT SHALL NOT FLOP

Lee
20-05-2013, 12:21 PM
The text stated that their son would be killed if the police were called. His parents contacted the authorities anyway.

That my friends, is what you call an unloved child.

Sho
20-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Hah, that's brilliant.

"He returned home when the weather became cold and wet" is the best part though, that's what I'd probably do too.

karter
20-05-2013, 02:34 PM
genius (H)

The text stated that their son would be killed if the police were called. His parents contacted the authorities anyway.

oh my god lol

e5
20-05-2013, 02:38 PM
how can he be done for tampering with evidence when it was his own little 'prank'? :S

Cerys
20-05-2013, 02:42 PM
LOL

omg the things people will do. xD

BlooBanana
20-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Pmsl that is hilarious. His poor parents

Yawn
20-05-2013, 06:52 PM
v interesting thread subo v interesting indeed :clap:

y r more ppl posting in the skl dinners thread i want 2 kill myself

geo
20-05-2013, 06:55 PM
"The text stated that their son would be killed if the police were called. His parents contacted the authorities anyway"

i'm lauGHING SO HARD, oh my god

just the way they put it.

Mr-Trainor
20-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Omg LOL, loved how he returned home as soon as it became 'cold and wet' :L.

Reality
21-05-2013, 06:59 AM
The extent people will go to just hide something I'm sure your parents will physically kill you they maybe sad but they won't be angry at you .-. Just some stupid people around these days

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!