PDA

View Full Version : Full time education +rep.

Teabags
28-05-2013, 04:50 PM
If I finished school on Friday?
Does this now mean that I'm legally not in fully time education. Or does it follow on until the following September when I'm no longer classed as a full-time student?

Sieglinde
28-05-2013, 05:07 PM
No more full time education! If you're going to college you'd be class a full-time student or just a student.
If you're not, then you're not legally full time education anymore.~

Phil
28-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm slightly confused by what you've put ([robably not what you said, I'm just really simple so dw). Is this your last year in education or are you back in education come September?

Shar
28-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I remember having this confusion, technically it means you're no longer in full time education but I'm sure you can get away with it until July or something

mrwoooooooo
28-05-2013, 06:23 PM
if you still have exams youre a student, i'd class you as one till summer holidays

Phil
28-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Try checking your student card, some have an expiration date on it indicating the end of you being a student. Like, I finished on 29th April and my student card is valid until 1st June because that's when the college year actually ends.

Circadia
28-05-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you're still classed as a full time student until the start of the summer holidays or until you're taken off your schools/colleges system

Daltron
28-05-2013, 11:39 PM
probably still full time!

Red
28-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Depends what its for! eg. Signing on for JSA after uni was near the end of June as they expected your student loan to stretch till then.

Samantha
29-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I finished my last exam at the start of June I believe, but I was classed as a student until the 25th June as that's when the term ran to - that might be the case here.

Zak
29-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Does this now mean that I'm legally not in fully time education. Or does it follow on until the following September when I'm no longer classed as a full-time student?

Just because you've had your last lesson doesn't mean that you have technically finished school. I don't know about your school but I suspect that you're no longer legally in full-time education until the school term ends.

I'm pretty sure you're still classed as a full time student until the start of the summer holidays or until you're taken off your schools/colleges system

Colleges/Schools maintain student data on their college system's for a further 3 years (but they usually keep it for much longer) - the data is kept even longer if it has something to do with exams/finance

Tom
29-05-2013, 10:00 AM
To my knowledge, you're still classed as being in full time education until the end of the academic year (basically, summer). Then, if you're going to college, from thereafter you go from being in full time education to being a full time student.

That's for high school anyway, if you're talking about college/further education you're just a full time student until you've finished your years (unless you leave early).

e5
29-05-2013, 10:08 AM
You're no longer classed as a full-time student. Even if you're going to college, you're not - as that's purely choice.

Chug!
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
You're still classed as a student until exam results are in, surely?

Zak
01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
You're still classed as a student until exam results are in, surely?

Well our college courses have set end dates, so she's probably still classed as a student until that date.

lemons
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
depends if you're going to college, if so then yes

Jazz
02-06-2013, 07:05 AM
you're classed as being in full time education up to the age of 19 if you do a full time college course or sixth form. They are thinking of dropping the age to 18 but for a couple of years it will stick at 19 I believe

Zak
02-06-2013, 12:02 PM
you're classed as being in full time education up to the age of 19 if you do a full time college course or sixth form. They are thinking of dropping the age to 18 but for a couple of years it will stick at 19 I believe

You'll be classed as being in full-time education if you're enrolled on a full-time educational course :P When I was at university I was still classed as in full-time education :P

Jazz
02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
You'll be classed as being in full-time education if you're enrolled on a full-time educational course :P When I was at university I was still classed as in full-time education :P

Its only to 19 where I am, i was going onto lvl 3 BTEC this year but I have to pay £1500 to go on because I finish the course at 20 (for some reason iow's education system is different to the mainland)

Zak
03-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Its only to 19 where I am, i was going onto lvl 3 BTEC this year but I have to pay £1500 to go on because I finish the course at 20 (for some reason iow's education system is different to the mainland)

Oh ok, where do you live? :P

Education for 16-18 year olds is funded by the government - After that the government no longer provides any funidng hence why people usually have to pay :)

Kardan
03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh ok, where do you live? :P

Education for 16-18 year olds is funded by the government - After that the government no longer provides any funidng hence why people usually have to pay :)

16-19 year olds :P

Uni is counted as full time if it's above 16 hours a week and you can get student finance support.

Shar
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM

Uni is counted as full time if it's above 16 hours a week and you can get student finance support.
I thought it was 16-18 year olds and 19 year olds, but only if they were in education since they were 18. E.g. starting A Levels at the age of 18 and finishing at the age of 19. But if you start at the age of 19 then you have to pay.
Anyway I get what you both mean.

Kardan
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I thought it was 16-18 year olds and 19 year olds, but only if they were in education since they were 18. E.g. starting A Levels at the age of 18 and finishing at the age of 19. But if you start at the age of 19 then you have to pay.
Anyway I get what you both mean.

I was under the impression you could start a new course at 19 and it would still be free, but I can't say I'm sure, so you may be right :)

Zak
03-06-2013, 12:26 PM

Yes you're right 16-19 :P Sorry :P

Shar
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I was under the impression you could start a new course at 19 and it would still be free, but I can't say I'm sure, so you may be right :)
At the college I attended, if you started a new course at the age of 19 you had to pay for that course. I was under the impression that this was the same elsewhere.

Kardan
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
At the college I attended, if you started a new course at the age of 19 you had to pay for that course. I was under the impression that this was the same elsewhere.

I went to a sixth form, so I can't say I knew anyone that started a new course at 19, so you probably are right :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!